Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh well there is the yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ringrose is so powerful

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Stockdale is a machine. This England team is bad enough to lose at home, just have to see if Ireland are good enough to win away.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
England extended the in-goal area by a few metres recently.
Good job lads.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ireland again not kicking for touch when there is another try for the taking

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I don't think Ireland realise how much better than England they actually are.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

It there an extra special grand slam if you get bonus points in every match.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HappyCamperGL posted:

It there an extra special grand slam if you get bonus points in every match.

Muy Grande Slam

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Gowan the hero's, on Paddies day and all!! IT'S A GRAND SLAM!!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Ireland really are the best team in the six nations.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Bleh.

Congratulations Ireland, clearly the best team in the tournament.

Don't know what's going on with England, but here's hoping Eddie can rectify things in time for next year.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Nice one France

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wales hate hosed that game.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

They almost managed it, damnit.

:toxx:

If Ireland win with a Grand Slam, I will donate $50 to Rape Crisis Wellington* - $10 for each win.
If Ireland win, but with a loss to Wales, I will donate $25 to Rape Crisis Wellington and $25 to RainbowYOUTH

*If enough people request it, I will do the $25/$25 to both organisations.

:toxx: fulfilled. Thank loving christ the Irish won.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Watched the second half of those games (from half time in the England/Ireland match) in the pub, in Wales. People were v disappointed in the England display, wanted to see Ireland get a loss on the board.

I thought England were utter poo poo tbh. No loving idea what they were doing at any point they had the ball. Looked lost.

The Wales match was "interestingly" ref'd.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Yep England’s attack has been unbelievably bad all tournament.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

bigfoot again posted:

Yep England’s attack has been unbelievably bad all tournament.

Turns out when you don't have Billy you can't play "give it to Billy" anymore. I mean that's not everything that's gone wrong but Vunipola is their best player by some distance. They don't seem to have the capacity to go through the phases anymore.

Anyway fair fucks to Ireland. They're a joy to watch. Their use of misdirection is miles ahead of anybody else out there. I've watched that CJ Stander try 10 times and I still think Furlong is going to pass to Sexton on the loop.

Painkiller fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 17, 2018

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bizarre season for Scotland. Three wins, which is great, but schizophrenic away and 128 points against with -28 points difference :psyduck:

Need to sort out our performances away and continue improving our consistency if we want to get to second or first.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Painkiller posted:

Turns out when you don't have Billy you can't play "give it to Billy" anymore. I mean that's not everything that's gone wrong but Vunipola is their best player by some distance. They don't seem to have the capacity to go through the phases anymore.

It's not just Billy though; they were able to win the championship last year without him. There seemed to be minimal aggression from the entire pack this year. I think part of the issue is the loss of Youngs, and England really need to find a better replacement than Care.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I can't believe Wales finished second after the performance they put in.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ireland were by far the least erratic of a pretty fragile looking tournament. Everyone else had the air of "which France will turn up today?"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

does anyone have a spare liver

asking for a friend

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Spain played their last World Cup qualifying game on Sunday, needing to beat Belgium to top their group and go straight into Pool A alongside Japan, Ireland and Scotland.
After a somewhat inconsistent performance by the Romanian referee (the penalty count was 25-8 against Spain), they lost by 8 points, meaning they now have to go through the playoff route against Portugal then Samoa.
The automatic qualifiers? Romania.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

it's scandalous. spain have probably been denied a world cup spot by blatant corruption.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So can me rename the Wayne Barnes Experience™ to the Vlad Iordachescu Experience™ now then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3LwfEJU1ow

It's hard to pick a favourite. I like him stopping Spain just after they've made a line break to go back for a Spanish penalty but the penalising Spain when a Belgian kicks it out of his own scrum halfs hands is pretty special as well.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
My favorite part is when Belgium realize that nothing matters anymore, and every tackle is made above the neck, because it's just easier than having to bend down.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
https://www.usmlr.com/news/major-league-rugby-and-espn-announce-rights-agreement

Somehow major league rugby is going to be on TV. poo poo I might have to watch some insanely trash rugby or even..... go to a game when the New York club officially joins next year. How awful for me.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

The club I support has just announced they have signed Franco Marais for next season. Any Sharks/Super Rugby fans able to tell me if he's any good?

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
Poor old Sunwolves. Hurricanes vs. Highlanders should be good, too.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Phobeste posted:

https://www.usmlr.com/news/major-league-rugby-and-espn-announce-rights-agreement

Somehow major league rugby is going to be on TV. poo poo I might have to watch some insanely trash rugby or even..... go to a game when the New York club officially joins next year. How awful for me.

Why the gently caress did they call it "Major League Rugby" instead of something that isn't confusingly close to Rugby League.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I doubt there will be many Americans who get confused by this.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Mitrea had a horrific performance in the Munster Scarlets game. Not in the flow or control of the game, although he might have flubbed a few knock ons, but in big decisions. Munsters first try might not have been grounded but because the TJ said he saw it he asked the TMO "Any reason..." Try given, although Munster had a penalty coming from the 5m scrum. Then there was a clear trip from a Scarlets player. The TMO gets called in, says its a trip, Mitrea says because it hit his knee first he's entitled to stick his leg out to catch the Munster player going past him. It was a clear penalty and yellow card and he calls for play to resume with neither. Then Munster score a try, TMO calls for review for a double movement, no double movement from anyone else's perspective as the Munster player places it with his arm and Mitrea says no try. Then finally there's a decision about a forward pass that potentially should have been called up, if the ball did go forward (I'm not certain,) but Mitrea says it goes backwards from hands and momentum takes it forward despite the player passing it from a standing position.

Depending on how the assessor views all this, with so many big decisions flubbed, overruling the TMO in certain places and not overruling him in other places I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped from the panel for a while. Some seriously suspect calls on key moments even with the benefit of replays.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Mrenda posted:

Mitrea had a horrific performance ...

water = wet

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
After having neither trained or played for about 11 months I joined in an Old Boy's (35+ years old) match last Saturday. The other team was from San Jose, which is a good 2-3 hours drive depending on traffic in Oakland and as such needed a couple of guys from our team and a few of their A-side backups to fill the squad. We won by a converted try, but the most important take away from the whole thing is that there is no better feeling in the sporting world than wrecking a ruck to create a steal. I love props who think that weighing 275 pounds and sort of crouching over the tackled man is enough to secure the ball.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Jackson and Olding found not guilty. Probably both England/France bound anyway.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Jackson and Olding found not guilty. Probably both England/France bound anyway.

I'd hope* that they're England/France bound, the IRFU may bow to the amount of pressure generated to coax them out of the provincial system.

*not out of hope for them, I think they're a shower of cunts.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

After singing the same four songs over and over for 80 minutes, hundreds of Scarlets fans crowded into the corridor nearest to the dressing room after reaching the semi-finals of the euro cup, so that they could sing Flower Of Scotland for John Barclay :)

https://twitter.com/JelliesOriginal/status/979968133376208896

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Conway with one of the tries of the tournament to take the lead in the 76th minute against Toulon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Conway with one of the tries of the tournament to take the lead in the 76th minute against Toulon.

That was an incredible try. What a game.