Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Mastro looks awesome as fook, but I hope it ain't an auto turret.

I suck enough as it is against actual people I can't even imagine how bad it would be with Torbjorn turrets everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Has anyone got that updated attachment chart for the new operators? specifically Zofia. Started to play her quite a bit and getting to grips with it.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Do 2 lone wolf terrorist hunts and update the chart in your head.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah compensator seems to be the way it's working for me on her rifle, just tried that.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Zofias AR feels a lot like a slower fire rate Hibana AR, fwiw. I have both setup in the same manner.

Her LMG is bonkers, go hog wild with whatever on that thing, it's awesome.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I use only melee

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I’ve been playing a lot of Twitch lately just to mix things up and I think she rules. Popping Miras is satisfying and her gun is insane. 10/10 would recommend.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm getting into this again, I see all the free operators I can use now. Should I just learn those until I get some hours under my belt or should I also get the year 1 and 2 people?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

RBX posted:

I'm getting into this again, I see all the free operators I can use now. Should I just learn those until I get some hours under my belt or should I also get the year 1 and 2 people?

I'm going to play Siege and Rook and try not to be bad

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RBX posted:

Just play the original operators for a bit.
Afterwards you can either use your renown to slowly unlock the DLC operators for free or if you decide that you like the game enough to shell out some cash for it you can buy a Year1/2 operator bundle.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

VoLaTiLe posted:

Mastro looks awesome as fook, but I hope it ain't an auto turret.

I suck enough as it is against actual people I can't even imagine how bad it would be with Torbjorn turrets everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqksc8F-kEo

RBX posted:

It was said already, but I'll double up on it, learn the base operators. Avoid shield guys since they'll teach you bad habits. A good chunk of the later operators are best used with some map knowledge.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Autoturrets tend to be really hard to balance because for them to pose a threat to good players, they often end up slaughtering bad players.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Should've just been Johanna Dark and a laptop gun.

And Terry Crews with an AA-12.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
People are missing the very obvious connection that the auto turret is for Tachanka.

Also the Italian CTU is going to have an attacker and a defender like all the others, the defender has a hologram, so that means Maestro is the attacker and an auto-turret would be a very strange thing to have in that role (kind of like a super-claymore I guess)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also the Italian CTU is going to have an attacker and a defender like all the others

Just like CBRN?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jack Trades posted:

Just like CBRN?

By "all the others" I meant "all the ones of the same national origin", the CBRN is not that and neither is whatever one they use for Season 3 (which will be 2 Defenders of different national origins)

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Jack Trades posted:

Just like CBRN?

I hate to use a Youtuber as a point of reference, but Coreross's data mining buddy thinks he found an LMG for Maestro and I agree with the theory that the Brit/American pair are going to be the dual defenders.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

People are missing the very obvious connection that the auto turret is for Tachanka.

Yeah, these are my thoughts.

Although I don't think tachanka should have an autoturret, so much as a destructible remote turret

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
All tachanka needs is the ability to shoot shield ops through their shields. That's enough to give him his niche.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tachanka becomes Echo Jr and lays around with his turret doing all the work

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Tachanka becomes Echo Jr and lays around with his turret doing all the work

"Why do it yourself, when пушки делают это лучше?"

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
philosophy question: are you morally justified teamkilling someone if they're trying to fortify a rotation hole you made and they're far enough in the animation that you can't tell them to stop?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Minrad posted:

philosophy question: are you morally justified teamkilling someone if they're trying to fortify a rotation hole you made and they're far enough in the animation that you can't tell them to stop?

Hm, I'm not sure I can answer that, hold on.

Minrad posted:

There we go. Definitely yes.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The only killing I do is the hostage when on defense

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

gently caress you mute

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I kill people who try to reinforce Kid's Bedroom all the time, but only if they don't stop after I say DON'T REINFORCE THE OBJECTIVE.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Minrad posted:

I would say no.

Bodies alive are better than rotation

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Can I pick it up?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

I died to this more times then I dare admit.. :smith:

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Could you explain what happened there? I don't usually play pulse but is this just pressing the wrong gadget button?

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Soggy Chips posted:

Could you explain what happened there? I don't usually play pulse but is this just pressing the wrong gadget button?

Yes, that's hitting the detonator instead of picking it up.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I have 100% been killed by that without hitting the detonator button. It just happens sometimes when I try to pick up a nitro.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Well it's clearly a jury-rigged explosive. Not surprising it's prone to unplanned detonation.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Remember when priming a grenade then putting it away would still kill you in a few seconds as the game didn't disable the grenade?

Good times.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

tfw when you see an attack op on their phone droning so you sneak up right in front of them until they stop.

Then you knife them of course

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

tfw you see the head of an attack op moving around when you're roaming and you wait until they get on their drone before immediately popping them and running away under a hail of return fire from their friends

Tower is roamer's paradise

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I really like tower but even after all this time I have no idea where the gently caress I'm going on it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Flipswitch posted:

I really like tower but even after all this time I have no idea where the gently caress I'm going on it.

Through the windows. Always through the windows.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

from my crew's team v team custom game last night

https://streamable.com/gnydu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Basticle posted:

from my crew's team v team custom game last night

https://streamable.com/gnydu

Post the funnier one.

https://streamable.com/h46mb