Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/977384916538220544?s=19

I begrudgingly loled a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/977404212937220096?s=19

Rockets championship worth it for the AFF posts I guess

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Cool Buff Man posted:

? The Celtics haven't even used the pick they got for him, Fab Melo was drafted in 2012 my man. That's why Nick said Jeff Green can suck my pee or whatever

Oh, I figured since we were talking about the number of times Jeff Green has inexplicably been dealt for a first I thought it would be interesting to look at who’s been taken. BB-Ref says that he was dealt in 2011, that got the Fab Melo pick, and then in 15 was when Boston got Memphis’s future pick. Memphis got LA’s future first when they dealt him last year

Sorry if my original post didn’t get that across

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Carlosologist posted:

Oh, I figured since we were talking about the number of times Jeff Green has inexplicably been dealt for a first I thought it would be interesting to look at who’s been taken. BB-Ref says that he was dealt in 2011, that got the Fab Melo pick, and then in 15 was when Boston got Memphis’s future pick. Memphis got LA’s future first when they dealt him last year

Sorry if my original post didn’t get that across

He was traded with the pick that became Fab Melo, not for the pick that became Fab Melo.

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 24, 2018

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

If Curry misses the playoffs and KD fails to beat Houston I am gonna laugh my loving rear end off.

if Curry misses the playoffs and KD fails to beat OKC I am going to laugh even more

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I remember thinking it was insane for the C's to take Fabulous Melo when Perry Jones the Third was still on the board.

Was sure Jones was a sleeper, and would blossom into a Lamar-Odom-Without-The-Passing/Pre-Fat-Darius-Miles crossover, which ain't bad for like the 22nd pick or whatever it was.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I remember thinking it was insane for the C's to take Fabulous Melo when Perry Jones the Third was still on the board.

Was sure Jones was a sleeper, and would blossom into a Lamar-Odom-Without-The-Passing/Pre-Fat-Darius-Miles crossover, which ain't bad for like the 22nd pick or whatever it was.

Perry Jones probably would have been a high lottery pick, maybe even top 5 in that draft. But he went back to school and his whole allure and mystique shattered.

Never ever go back to school unless you are a projected fringe first rounder.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Chairchucker posted:

It's happened before, (70-71, 94-95, 99-00) have they changed how voting works since then?
Yes, it used to be just single selection but now it's a ballot with 2nd and 3rd place votes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

G-Hawk posted:

if Curry misses the playoffs and KD fails to beat OKC I am going to laugh even more

I would give almost anything for this.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
:siren: Oh god :siren:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/977404212937220096

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Man it's a shame the Cavs couldn't wait one more season before imploding

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It's apparently not a tear but that's all we know.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Can I blame dumb Javale for this

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I allowed to be endlessly amused if the Warriors don't win and then bitch about whoever wins feasting on injuries?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

WhyteRyce posted:

Man it's a shame the Cavs couldn't wait one more season before imploding

Houston would probably beat them but then again, I would never bet on a team that hasn’t played Lebron before. His having lost to Dallas and SA notwithstanding. I guess this is a knights of Lebron thing? I’d be scared of a healthy Cavs in that scenario I guess

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Rockets completely ruined the Cavs like a month ago, like total annihilation

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chunkles posted:

We both know that means nothing, but I wish you great happiness

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

chunkles posted:

The Rockets have ruined basically everyone at some point this season except the Warriors and even then they won the season series.

Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003

chunkles posted:

The Cavs lost by 4. And it was before the big trade.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

DeimosRising posted:

We both know that means nothing, but I wish you great happiness

I mean LeBron won't pop into gear for another month, yeah, but Cavs are a deeply flawed team

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Rockets have ruined basically everyone at some point this season except the Warriors and even then they won the season series.

They split the series with the Celtics and my boys only lost by 3. This means: Absolutely nothing but I'll take it

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I mean, they would've been better off taking Perry Jones

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Mitchell literally shot 14-36 in this game

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
so like, this dude, LaMarcus Aldridge...

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

so like, this dude, LaMarcus Aldridge...

It's like his second biannual great game this year, which means he has none left for the playoffs.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

:ohdear:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DeimosRising posted:

Houston would probably beat them but then again, I would never bet on a team that hasn’t played Lebron before. His having lost to Dallas and SA notwithstanding. I guess this is a knights of Lebron thing? I’d be scared of a healthy Cavs in that scenario I guess

How is Houston going to get to the finals if CP3 is allergic to conference finals? Did a certain root beer barrel cure him?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

DeimosRising posted:

Being a Knight of Lebron means fealty in even the most overwhelming of odds

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I’m a Knight of the Round Barrel.

Houston gonna win it all

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

And yet you keep posting?

Oh poo poo hahahah

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

steve curry is faking just like Kawai.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

ragle posted:

Mitchell literally shot 14-36 in this game

yeah, putting up 36 shots is impressive

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

I would not bet on a team with Crisp Haul in the playoffs

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I would not bet on a team with Crisp Haul in the playoffs

I want them to win for the death of this currently annoyingly correct take as much as anything.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I do not because I enjoy it

I have perverse tastes, clearly

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'm glad they rig sports to make them more entertaining because that entertains me, the fan. Everyone in Houston is AFF right now. Lebron's hairline got 4 centimeters closer to his eyebrows.

Do you guys think I could be a better GM than Stan Van Gundy? I feel like if I wore deep v's and got a mystic spray and sweet talked Tom Gores I could have rebuilt the roster instead of flailing for the 8 seed and attempting to make Kobe Assists the fulcrum of the team's offense

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 24, 2018

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow everyone congratulate the thunder on their championship

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

Wow everyone congratulate the thunder on their championship

congrats Melo!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The FEARCOBS are Nebraska's NBA franchise, helmed by the legendary Jeff Van Gundy, the players are not allowed to be injured and all plays are called from the sideline with a complex green LED board that is held by the mascot, a corn cob who is armed with guns and knives (non functional)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Stevie Lee posted:

yeah, putting up 36 shots is impressive

He is literally the only person on the team who can create for himself and is still an efficient scorer overall

It's funny watching Philly fans be dismissive of all the arguments they made in favor of Iverson back in the day though

• Locked thread