Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Le Saboteur posted:

Or they're doing this because AJ Styles is really injured and Daniel inserts himself in the title match somehow.

Oh gently caress now I need to see Bryan vs Nakamura more than anything. Also, Bryan going back on the not cleared list after taking a knee to the head :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

super macho dude posted:

Oh gently caress now I need to see Bryan vs Nakamura more than anything. Also, Bryan going back on the not cleared list after taking a knee to the headface :smith:

ftfy

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sub Rosa posted:

I don't get people thinking he shouldn't wrestle anymore when at this point he probably has the healthiest brain on the roster.

If he's healthy, more power to him, although I hope he takes this opportunity to cut some of the more concussion-prone stuff like the diving headbutt out of his style just to be safe.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Liquid Communism posted:

If he's healthy, more power to him, although I hope he takes this opportunity to cut some of the more concussion-prone stuff like the diving headbutt out of his style just to be safe.

i want him to add a corkscrew to it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you did a shooting star headbutt the impact would be less.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I'll take "Moves that I hope only exist in WWE 2K" for 500, Alex.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Brock Lesnar would disagree.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Bryan needs to return with a back rake-based offense.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

Have him rip off the Young bucks gymnastics routine back rake

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nah, Bryan should base his new style on Toru Yano. All powder spots, chairs to the gut and nut shots.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
he should make his style much more dangerous and violent to show that we, as humans, are invincible and without weakness

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh while they’re both in WWE I’d love to see Bryan bringing over Gran Metalik to Smackdown and wrestling a great match with him

alternatively, since Ally Black’s gonna be the NXT Champion by Wrestlemania, Almas’ top priority should be to beat Daniel Bryan while he’s still good

e: also, since the US title always changed hands in a triple threat, there is a 100% chance that Randy will lose at Wrestlemania and that is good

Venomous fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 21, 2018

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Anything to this rumor that getting cleared was conditional on signing a new contract?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

From everything we know about Danielson he’s crazy enough to put his foot down about it but idk if I’d trust talk abt NJPW waiting in the wings to make him the ace of a US expansion, or whatever. Hard to differentiate it from fantasy booking.

Otoh WWE brass has been driven to weird lengths by perceived competition, real or imagined, before. So who knows.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

From everything we know about Danielson he’s crazy enough to put his foot down about it but idk if I’d trust talk abt NJPW waiting in the wings to make him the ace of a US expansion, or whatever. Hard to differentiate it from fantasy booking.

Otoh WWE brass has been driven to weird lengths by perceived competition, real or imagined, before. So who knows.

I get the impression that he's savvy enough to lean into those rumors a leverage to get a better deal with WWE, where he's cool with staying.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
d-bry has been back for about a day now and yet nobody has mentioned what this means for booker's fav five

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Seams posted:

d-bry has been back for about a day now and yet nobody has mentioned what this means for booker's fav five

Or the Smackdown top ten

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Accident Underwater posted:

Or the Smackdown top ten

In a 10 way tie, Daniel Bryan has been named number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 on the Smackdown Top 10.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Bryan coming back with a version of the Mick Foley in ECW anti-hardcore gimmick where he refuses to do anything more dangerous than a back rake would be pretty funny.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

pseudodragon posted:

Bryan coming back with a version of the Mick Foley in ECW anti-hardcore gimmick where he refuses to do anything more dangerous than a back rake would be pretty funny.

He demands the ref DQ any opponent that throws a closed hand punch or throws him over the top rope.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

He demands the ref DQ any opponent that throws a closed hand punch or throws him over the top rope.

Bill Watts would wonder why he's supposed to be a heel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
All Bryan's matches thus go 90 seconds until he ends up wrestling Drew Gulak for an hour long broadway

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

All Bryan's matches thus go 90 seconds until he ends up wrestling Drew Gulak for an hour long broadway

Heyman's plan when TNA offered him the book was to have Bryan (he'd just been let go) annihilate everyone in around that time until he faced Angle, then they'd go super long

Related story, PWG booked Danielson vs Angle and even booked a somewhat larger venue, then TNA pulled Angle

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I genuinely didn't know what the word was on the night. And I was too lazy to look it up. So I asked internally. The Dijack/Ricochet NXT taping match was a dark match main event. It won't air on TV.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Accident Underwater posted:

Or the Smackdown top ten

It wasn't on last episode... hopefully its dead

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sub Rosa posted:

Anything to this rumor that getting cleared was conditional on signing a new contract?

i think its more likely the other way around and they called his bluff on leaving finally

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I want Brock vs Bryan at Mania. After Undertaker - Cena - Bryan.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Do we think that Bryan’s getting a handicap match at WM or a tag

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Sam's tapping to the Yes Lock while KO sells a whiffed coast to coast dropkick

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Shane's starting the tag match, they spend the whole match with Shane getting his rear end kicked, building to the most nuclear hot tag you've ever heard.....and Bryan jumps off the apron and turns on Shane.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oldskool posted:

Shane's starting the tag match, they spend the whole match with Shane getting his rear end kicked, building to the most nuclear hot tag you've ever heard.....and Bryan jumps off the apron and turns on Shane.

So still a nuclear hot tag.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

oldskool posted:

So Sami and KO turn face, is what you're saying?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This whole story is confusing as gently caress to me because Shane and Daniel Bryan were at odds for months and suddenly Daniel is cleared to wrestle again so we're going to get a really half-assed story for like two weeks on Smackdown about how they've gotten on the same page and must take out these evil heels who are only acting like a prick to Shane because he was actively also loving them over.

I guess in kayfabe Daniel Bryan is just happy to fight anyone

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's just AJ vs. Shane again, guys.

Right down to "The heel with a bunch of valid reasons to be angry beats up Shane, Bryan fires them." angle.

It's like. Exactly the same.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

It's just AJ vs. Shane again, guys.

Right down to "The heel with a bunch of valid reasons to be angry beats up Shane, Bryan fires them." angle.

It's like. Exactly the same.

Except this time Shane wins the match

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Except this time Shane wins the match

Not by his own power (there’s a 99.9% chance Bryan makes Sami tap out to the Yes Lock) but yeah, this’ll be Shane’s first win in, what, ten years?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those interested, 5dimes has their odds up for a bunch of matches at Wrestlemania. Note, all of these are END OF BROADCAST rulings, meaning these people are favored to walk out of Wrestlemania as the winner and still the title holder (really this is only important for Nia Jax/Alexa Bliss and Asuka/Charlotte, but whatever). Just a friendly reminder that whoever has the negative number is the favorite, and I listed the favored person first.

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar:

Roman Reigns: -1050
Brock Lesnar: +550

AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura:

Shinsuke Nakamura: -180
AJ Styles: +140

The Miz vs Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins:

The Field: -135
Finn Balor: -105

Bobby Roode vs Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton:

The Field: -150
Jinder Mahal: +110

Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax:

Nia Jax: -320
Alexa Bliss: +240

Charlotte Flair vs Asuka:

Asuka: -530
Charlotte Flair: +350

Kurt Angle and Ronda Rousey vs Triple H and Stephanie:

Kurt Angle and Ronda Rousey: -750
Triple H and Stephanie McMahon: +450

Women's Wrestlemania Battle Royal:

The Field: -160
Sasha Banks: +120

For those who want to keep track of the odds yourself, you can do so! Go here: https://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx and then click on the Pro Wrestling box on the sidebar (it's under 'Other Sports').

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
PWG finally did the right thing and got a fat champion. I really hope they have Lee face off against other 300+ pounders to give it’s belt a little meaning.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Irritated Goat posted:

In a 10 way tie, Daniel Bryan has been named number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 on the Smackdown Top 10.

Number 10 is still tye dillinger.

It's still his only appearance on the show.

Also I'd mark out real hard if they run the Sting/Flair tag match with Shane/Bryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Note, all of these are END OF BROADCAST rulings, meaning these people are favored to walk out of Wrestlemania as the winner and still the title holder
I don't think they have to be the champ at end of broadcast so long as the cash in is a separate match. Like if Nia wins the title and then loses it immediately in an impromptu cash-in match, at the end of the broadcast she would still be considered the winner of Nia vs Alexa.