Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Wonderful to hear Android 18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

SalTheBard posted:

Scumbo post.

##vote SalTheBard

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
everyone voting for sal is scum, especially sal imo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Atomic Soda posted:

:thunk:

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

SalTheBard posted:

I'm Ginyu, idiot

wait poo poo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

That is weird, I am an android and am Town. This is not a Miller claim. As far as I know. I claim this in case there is like an android flavor detector that could be misled.

I will lol if this is a cult game and you get recruited because of this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Can I be in a cult? I want to be in a cult.

I think I've only been in a few cult games and was never a cool kid chosen to be a cult :(

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

There was no mention of alignment change or cults in the OP. If there is a cult mechanic or any possibility that my win condition can be altered, replace me now.

If I get recruited into a cult I hereby solemnly swear I will instantly out every member and modkill myself first post of the day. I'm in for Town, and I'd go out for Town.

I don't mind role madness or multiple factions, but alignment change or deathmillers make a game an unfun waste of time and I don't have any tolerance for that poo poo.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Honestly with the theme being Androids, I wouldn’t be surprised if Cell is a character (SK) whose win condition is to absorb all of the androids.

With that in mind I would not be opposed to lynching Lumpen. If there is a Cell character, Lumpen just exposed himself as a target.

And also because he’s a bad sport.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Do not recruit me into a cult Im not interested

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
make me cult but only if you promise to not cult tobbs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Probably not a cult game, Lumpen likely just got one of the good androids

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

flerp posted:

make me cult but only if you promise to not cult tobbs

:same: if it is, though

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Hello I am here now, taking time out of my busy day petting animals professionally.

Lynching Lumpen sure seems like the strategically smart decision, assuming there is a Cell out there. Are converter roles common in SA games?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hello I am here and I remember watching this whole series and I have no idea who my character is.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Probably not a cult game, Lumpen likely just got one of the good androids

Well, if we are talking “android” saga only, there are no “good” androids. If we are doing “android + cell” sagas, then Lumpen outing himself makes him a liability.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Cults are extremely bad game design unless handled super carefully, but lumpen’s histrionics are maybe even worse

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GeneX posted:

Cults are extremely bad game design unless handled super carefully, but lumpen’s histrionics are maybe even worse

I take it this is your first game playing with Lumpen?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Sandwolf posted:

I take it this is your first game playing with Lumpen?

Lmao no, Tobbs, Quid, and I beat him in a bit of a screwy ending a few weeks ago

Not coincidentally, there was minor alignment fuckery and claims of major alignnment fuckery

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

GeneX posted:

My histrionics aren't even the worst thing about me.

But I do catch Scum pretty well so there's that in my favor.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GeneX posted:

Lmao no, Tobbs, Quid, and I beat him in a bit of a screwy ending a few weeks ago

Not coincidentally, there was minor alignment fuckery and claims of major alignnment fuckery

I feel so cold and alone without a masonry.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GeneX posted:

I was right about alignment changing in that game. Just wrong about whose alignment had changed.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

I was right about alignment changing in that game. Just wrong about whose alignment had changed.

Yeah, having the injections appear to do nothing saved our asses.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Lumpen posted:

There was no mention of alignment change or cults in the OP. If there is a cult mechanic or any possibility that my win condition can be altered, replace me now.

If I get recruited into a cult I hereby solemnly swear I will instantly out every member and modkill myself first post of the day. I'm in for Town, and I'd go out for Town.

I don't mind role madness or multiple factions, but alignment change or deathmillers make a game an unfun waste of time and I don't have any tolerance for that poo poo.

What is role madness and what does a deathmiller do? I get alignment change would men swapping sides from scum to town and back.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'm hesitant. On the one hand, yes, Lumpen did kinda screw over town a little (if he is town), on the other hand in the one game I played with him he seemed competent at scumhunting.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

willie_dee posted:

What is role madness and what does a deathmiller do? I get alignment change would men swapping sides from scum to town and back.

Role madness: everyone has a role, there are no vanilla town. Usually it also means there’s some weird, unique stuff going on with the roles, but not always. These games are tough to balance, though by no means impossible.

Death miller: a town player who flips scum/3p on death. Flip meaning the on-death role reveal via the mod. These roles are extremely hard to balance around, because a vital part of scumhunting revolves around comparing how people flip to how people have treated them.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
More like Role Badness

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Anyway, I was going over it more but lumpen specifically removing ambiguity and claiming to not actually be a miller (ignoring flavor cop stuff because we kinda need a scumflip for comparison for that to have any value) makes me feel like he’s doing the right thing?

Like, the pro-town play as a miller or flavor miller is to claim it with no ambiguity (though claiming it in the first place is suspect). I think he’s a good enough player to recognize that and thus his move is not entirely telling, but the end result is that I don’t think he’s scum fakeclaiming, even if I do think the claim itself is a good scum mask.

Or if that wording was confusing: the explicit lack of ambiguity takes a pro scum-move (claiming quasi-miller) and makes Lumpen look like town doing a bad thing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

willie_dee posted:

This game was advertised as role madness. That means we could expect lots of people to have powers that might be wacky or unbalanced or nontraditional. It breaks down a lot of the ability to use logic and deduction when "anything is possible".

A deathmiller was a hypothetical role (in the good old days) that would falsely flip as Scum (possibly unbeknownst to the player beforehand) despite actually being Town. This was conceptualised as the ultimate dick move for a Mod to include because it would totally sabotage deduction and Scumhunting efforts, and violate the ultimate basic expectation that mod-provided information is true beyond doubt. If the Mod may be lying then there is no point playing, the whole exercise breaks down into a farce. This is generally not fun if you were led to expect a Mafia game and got bait-and-switched into Not Mafia for the "dance puppets!" amusement of a Mod.

Anyway b-minus1 is Scum in this game and flerp is somewhat likely to be his buddy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Atomic Soda posted:

Agreed but I'm going to ##Unvote for now while I case him closer!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Lumpen posted:

Anyway b-minus1 is Scum in this game and flerp is somewhat likely to be his buddy.

hosed up if true, but I'm getting reflexively suspicious of B- at this point after so many games having turned up scum so I'm hesitant to just go fully in on this immediately. Of course the last time I said that in the last game B- was still scum so :shrug:

Anyway jokephase was short so I guess I'm gonna ##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m scum :stare:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

GeneX posted:

makes Lumpen look like town

I disagree. It’s day one, so we don’t have much action-wise to work from, so I’m going to build the flavor case for Lumpen.

In the Android saga (I’m going to include the Cell saga in this) of DBZ, there are six main androids.

Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Android 19
Android 20
Cell

Android 20 is the android conversion of Dr. Gero, the creator of all of the androids. He wants Goku and the Z Fighters dead due to Goku wiping out the Red Ribbon Army. He’s killed by Android 17.

Android 19 is just a boring lovely android that is subservient to Dr. Gero. He is killed first, by Vegeta.

Androids 17/18 are humans converted to android. They turn on Dr. Gero when he demands their complete obedience or face death. They are antagonists to the Z Fighters. They are both absorbed my Cell.

Android 16 is a full android. He is considered the most reckless and dangerous. His only mission is to kill Goku. He is awoken by 17/18, to the protest of Dr. Gero. He is killed by Cell.

Cell is a time traveling android from the future. He is created from the cells of the universe’s strongest fighters. He absorbs 17/18, and kills 16. He is killed by Gohan.

None of these people are the “good guys.” The only way it would make sense for one android to be Town is if they are all Town and the Z Fighters are actually a scum team. But that wouldn’t make sense in a game this size imo.

So my flavor guess would be: Androids 16/17/18/19/20 are a scum team. Cell is a super powered serial killer. The only other way I could see it split are a 16/17/18 scum team and a 19/20 scum team.

There is literally no way for an android to be Town.

On thing also to consider: in a game this size, it is very common to have multiple scum teams. Scum can take advantage of this because they can make an honest effort to scum hunt and appear as Town by hunting the other scum team.

Unless Lumpen does something incredible to convince me otherwise, I will not be moving my vote.

##vote Lumpen

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Can we skip the b-minus thing please?

Monathin posted:

hosed up if true, but I'm getting reflexively suspicious of B- at this point after so many games having turned up scum so I'm hesitant to just go fully in on this immediately. Of course the last time I said that in the last game B- was still scum so :shrug:

Especially this, this is not how statistical events work.

b-minus1 posted:

I’m scum :stare:

This is also not helpful. Like, I don't have a problem with it, but I know that some people will react reflexively to it, and that just makes things hard to read for everyone around.

I'm leaning towards not voting b-minus because I get that he's frustrated, and I'd rather not add to it by not letting him play mafia. Once he actually does anything suspect, sure, but for now there are 26 other people in the game who are as good a D1 lynch as him.

Here's an example. ##vote Dancer

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

None of these people are the “good guys.”

Somebody didn't watch the Tournament of Power

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Somebody didn't watch the Tournament of Power

Tournament of Power isn’t the Android Saga. :colbert:

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Also there were movie villains used in DBZmaf1, even if they were fakeclaims. Stepping outside canon gives 13, 14, 15, hell maybe even 21. There's Eighter, too, even if he didn't show up at this point

I don't want to setup-spec too much, though.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Now, in fairness, I don't think 16 ever engaged the Z fighters and joins them almost immediately to stop Cell. But you're right that his mission is to kill Goku and he doesn't face turn until Cell is firmly established.

We're also forgetting those.... other androids from the movies. Which may very well be for the best. :v:

I may be being naive but the claim at start reads to me as genuine confusion at his own town status.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Lumpen posted:

idk about the first part but yeah i am bee movie's friend (or at least i like to think so)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mordiceius posted:

I disagree. It’s day one, so we don’t have much action-wise to work from, so I’m going to build the flavor case for Lumpen.

:words:

I don't think flavor is important. My flavor is unambiguously a villain in the show and I'm town.

Lumpen's straightforward attitude reads town to me, and jumping in with a giant flavor case you're not going to budge from looks extremely scummy to me.

##vote Mordiceius

• Locked thread