Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Much like the city of Albuquerque, Kalorie Karbdashian-Williams rates a "meh" in her look

Edit: "You can lead a whore to culture..." Oh Carson :allears:

Tendai fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

esperterra posted:

Kameron is a complete butterface imo, but yeah this whole cast is generally hot or cute.

Mayhem's line "Why didn't they say there was actual trade in here??!" paired with Monique's "...and I mean, rough trade!" slayed me

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
The Vixen's poo poo and Monet's sponge dress should have been read. Vanjie got hosed over here goddamn I hope she can come back.

Yuhua is Gia Gunn 2.0 and I loving love it.

Monet is Bob from another timelime. I wish somehow Thorgy could be forced to compete against her too.

Aquaria and Miz Cracker immediately strike me as the type of hyper pretentious New York art kids who would have considered drag entirely beneath them if they were ten years older.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really like Mayhem and Yuhua thus far :allears:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I'm usually not the type to pick people I want to go, but how the hell is Disasterina lasting this long?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

BoobsForQueens.com

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Bliggers- posted:

Monet is Bob from another timelime. I wish somehow Thorgy could be forced to compete against her too.

Good news we have alternate reality Thorgy and her name is Dusty Ray Bottoms

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

I'm usually not the type to pick people I want to go, but how the hell is Disasterina lasting this long?

Aw, she's fun. I like her.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

The Berzerker posted:

Good news we have alternate reality Thorgy and her name is Dusty Ray Bottoms

It really is an alternate reality when the alt-Thorgy is getting top 3 and alt-Bob is looking like a sad safe dirty sponge.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm still shook about the homophobia of Monique not getting placed in the top.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Monique's skirt was incredible and I loved that neckpiece, but ngl the top was giving me Derrick Barry Book Ball teas and threw the whole thing off for me.

Dat wig tho.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Get Out (2017)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I like Monique a lot and thought her look was good but not as good as Mayhem's or Cracker's (or... wait who else was in the top?)

I did not care for the Vixen starting poo poo in Untucked and wholly agree with everyone re: Kalorie looking like she'd be first gone and then surprise pulled out some energy and gimmicks and here we are

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

cis autodrag posted:

She's like the Tommy Wiseau of drag. What's not to like?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

warez posted:

She's like the Tommy Wiseau of drag. What's not to like?

That's so loving apt, holy cow.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

cis autodrag posted:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

esperterra posted:

Monique's skirt was incredible and I loved that neckpiece, but ngl the top was giving me Derrick Barry Book Ball teas and threw the whole thing off for me.

Dat wig tho.

Yeah, on further inspection, the bodice really throws off the silhouette. Had she clinched it, she would've been gunning for Mayhem's spot. It was still a really daring concept and executed mostly well. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the wig was made of.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
like, the whole time she gives me this vague feeling that she's really just cargo culting her drag and doesn't super understand what it's all about. a lot of her looks felt more "costume" than "drag" to me. that tommy wiseau comparison really captures the feeling pretty well tbh.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

esperterra posted:

BoobsForQueens.com

I read this in the "Cars for kids" jingle and now my weekend is ruined because that lives in my brain now

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
One of the results of Ru or Michelle not going through the werkroom and giving critiques is you end up with trainwrecks like Kalorie and Vanjie's outfits. On most any other season, Ru would have strolled through and told them girl, no...

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At least Vanjie's outfit was exuberantly flamboyant, Kalorie's was just kinda meh

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pellisworth posted:

One of the results of Ru or Michelle not going through the werkroom and giving critiques is you end up with trainwrecks like Kalorie and Vanjie's outfits. On most any other season, Ru would have strolled through and told them girl, no...

It's quite possible that they did go through the workroom, but it was just cut for time. Ru hasn't fixed every problem by walking through the workroom.

Tendai posted:

At least Vanjie's outfit was exuberantly flamboyant, Kalorie's was just kinda meh

A big part of Kalorie's problem was that Kris Kardashian wig. Why do so many queens want to look like her? Alexis Michelle did a good job portraying her last season, but if you're not actually portraying her, then why?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Tendai posted:

I like Kalorie's personality but I like Vanjie's more and would have preferred she stayed.

I hope Kalorie has more to offer than twerking because that's a gimmick that's good once, mayyyybe twice.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Also she is not good at twerking so she better have another gimmick

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pellisworth posted:

I like Kalorie's personality but I like Vanjie's more and would have preferred she stayed.

I hope Kalorie has more to offer than twerking because that's a gimmick that's good once, mayyyybe twice.
Vanjie's personality was bigger, her costume was at least a flamboyant offense to the eyes, but Kalorie definitely won the lipsync.

Kind of lusting on Yuhua both in and out of drag

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Tendai posted:

Kind of lusting on Yuhua both in and out of drag

me irl

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

zelah posted:

Also she is not good at twerking so she better have another gimmick

Yeah I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed given the amount of rear end she had to dedicate to the cause.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Her twerk was really bad imo, but when she pulled those bills out of her tits and made it rain while she did the splits I was living so it balanced out.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed given the amount of rear end she had to dedicate to the cause.

In fairness, it's probably very difficult to get padding like that to shake. It wasn't a fake silicone butt, it was like styrofoam hip pads. That's gonna absorb a lot of motion in the ocean.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Still, if you're gonna promise twerking, figure out a way to make it work

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Tendai posted:

Still, if you're gonna promise twerking, figure out a way to make itwerk

fixed

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If she stays a few more episodes and doesn't do a look revolving around green chile then she's not a real goddamn New Mexican :colbert:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I can tell this season's going to be mighty confusing. EVERYONE'S GREAT. All these sharp, adorable, bright-eyed children. And there are so many of them! God, such a relief after the grim trudge of All-Stars.

So far I like Monet the best but expect that my opinion will change kaleidoscopically.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
It's a huge blow to have Vanjie gone and to the most basic boring bitch too. I can't believe anybody liked that... thing she did she claimed was twerking 😤

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Oh good somebody already made this image so I don't have to

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Jay O posted:

In fairness, it's probably very difficult to get padding like that to shake. It wasn't a fake silicone butt, it was like styrofoam hip pads. That's gonna absorb a lot of motion in the ocean.

Oh I thought it was all natural rear end.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

big black turnout posted:

Oh good somebody already made this image so I don't have to

Guy on the right is cuter.

#shadethrown

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Vanjie for Ms congeniality

Also Spite House I want your thoughts on drag race Thailand.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 24, 2018

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
are there any new drag race thailand links? the old ones seem to have been taken down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Weed Wolf posted:

are there any new drag race thailand links? the old ones seem to have been taken down

The ones posted at https://twitter.com/KudaLakorn are still up.

• Locked thread