Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I've got a group of two other people who want to pick this up on sale, mostly for the PvE stuff like Terrorist Hunt or the Co-op campaign.

How much of this game is playable/viable for a group of three?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

LordHippoman posted:

I've got a group of two other people who want to pick this up on sale, mostly for the PvE stuff like Terrorist Hunt or the Co-op campaign.

This is a terrible idea. The co-op is not only very short but is also going away after this month, and Terrorist Hunt is not very interesting.
Like, I suppose you can feeling like megatactical dudes if you play on the higher difficulties but there's better games for that.

Go get, like, Vermintide2 or For The King or something.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

LordHippoman posted:

There is no coop campaign unless you mean outbreak which is going to be over in a week.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

keyframe posted:

There is no coop campaign unless you mean outbreak which is going to be over in a week.

Well, someone was misinformed at some point.

Thanks for the warnings, thread.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm gonna be sad when outbreak leaves since it's so much better a way to warm up before multiplayer than T-hunt is. Since at least on console, T-hunt on normal has aim assist while Outbreak does not and doing one map is long enough that it would be about as much time as 2 or 3 T-hunt levels would be anyway.

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
You can turn the aim assist in terrorist hunt off fyi

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I got so mindnumbingly bored after three Outbreak sessions, I can't imagine doing two Pandemics a week as other stuff for charms.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

LordHippoman posted:

Set sail for massive disapointment in the PvE regard, it is almost an afterthought. You guys probably want wildlands, while buggy as poo poo is a decent buddy tactical shooter in regards to PvE. PvP Siege is excellent.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
https://instagram.com/p/Bgo2mlRDIIz/

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I got so mindnumbingly bored after three Outbreak sessions, I can't imagine doing two Pandemics a week as other stuff for charms.

Yea at this point I can't wait to see it gone so I don't have to play it again for a charm.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I wonder what the UK operator from Scotland yard will be.

I'm kind of guessing it will be a CTSFO character will be interested to see what they go with.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I didn't know that a breaching charge placed on the floor could kill someone one floor below but I just managed to do it.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Is the hacking/bugs in ranked as pervasive as reddit makes them appear?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

goodness posted:

In my personal experience it's extremely rare.
I played Siege for something like 200-ish hours and only seen one blatant hacker (wasn't even in Ranked) and maybe half a dozen or so cases of bugs seriously impacting the gameplay.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Jack Trades posted:

In my personal experience it's extremely rare.
I played Siege for something like 200-ish hours and only seen one blatant hacker (wasn't even in Ranked) and maybe half a dozen or so cases of bugs seriously impacting the gameplay.

I don't think I've come across a blatant hacker yet after like 500 hours on PC. Definitely the odd bug here or there, but the memorable ones were all pre-Operation Health

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CaptCommy posted:

I don't think I've come across a blatant hacker yet after like 500 hours on PC. Definitely the odd bug here or there, but the memorable ones were all pre-Operation Health
Yeah. The hacker that I met spawnpeeked us and then basically did the McCree ult on our whole team with a Doc pistol from across the map.
Then he left.
That's the only hacker I ever saw.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
you see more hackers if you are Actually Good at the game and get to high elo, especially early in the season, since a lot of the time the hacker is being paid to carry some shitters to diamond so they can have their charms.

it's pretty amusing to watch pro streamers play against a hacker every once in a while. incredible that people can manage to out play and triumph against people using teleporting grenades/c4 and 100% accurate headshot pistols on shield ops.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

VoLaTiLe posted:

Sherlock Holmes.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

unlawfulsoup posted:

Sherlock Holmes.

So, Jackal?

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

jackal is more of a martian manhunter. sherlock would be able to uh... look at dead bodies and tell you who shot them.. or.. gently caress

e: HE CAN DO LOTS OF OPIUM FROM A PIPE TO GET A HUGE DAMAGE RESIST BUT THE SMOKE GIVES AWAY HIS POSITION AND ONCE IT RUNS OUT HE SLOWLY DIES FROM WITHDRAWAL ship it ubi

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

What the gently caress does that have to do with Sherlock Holmes besides the retarded modern version where he's a literal superhero unstoppable in hand to hand combat

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

What the gently caress does that have to do with Sherlock Holmes besides the retarded modern version where he's a literal superhero unstoppable in hand to hand combat

What smoking opium has to do with Sherlock Holmes? :thunk:

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Cup Runneth Over posted:

uh he likes to do lots of opiates?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

So I gathered. It's not really an iconic part of the character though.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

So I gathered. It's not really an iconic part of the character though.

Lol.
Just lol if you don't know about his opium pipe pocket.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Sherlock does cocaine, IIRC. He actually shits on an opium den in The Man With The Twisted Lip IIRC

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The Man With The Twisted Lip

this about to be u if you don't get off my jock motherfucker

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
We had one guy last night who felt wallhacky, could have just been exceedingly good but after the third casual shooting through barricade windows without vision into heads, you start to get suspect.

(and I mean transparently weird, not regular suspect shooting or when there’s noise. This was no-smash plinking pre-them reaching the barricade, not when they were at it.)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Minrad posted:

it's pretty amusing to watch pro streamers play against a hacker every once in a while. incredible that people can manage to out play and triumph against people using teleporting grenades/c4 and 100% accurate headshot pistols on shield ops.

Ironically Tachanka is probably the best anti-hacker operator because your faceshield gives you a few precious seconds to dome them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Ironically Tachanka is probably the best anti-hacker operator because your faceshield gives you a few precious seconds to dome them.

The Lord protecc

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

VoLaTiLe posted:

The special ability will be monitoring the voice chat and instantly kicking anyone who says anything mean about the opposing team.

I jumped back into this game after over a year away from it. (Frost is still bae and I finally got my platinum trophy) I have a couple questions/observations. It feels like intentional team killing is rampant on PS4 in casual..feels like it happens every other round. Also I ran into a situation twice so far where someone on the other team has become invisible with the exception of a floating gun. They seem nearly invincible too. Is this a glitch on Ubisoft's end or is this done intentionally by the player? Outbreak seems cool but repetitive..are there any plans to add this permanently? Could be a really cool addition if they flesh the idea out a bit more.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

AutomaticPrince posted:

someone on the other team has become invisible with the exception of a floating gun. They seem nearly invincible too. Is this a glitch on Ubisoft's end or is this done intentionally by the player? Outbreak seems cool but repetitive..are there any plans to add this permanently? Could be a really cool addition if they flesh the idea out a bit more.

It's a deliberate glitch related to elite skins. The patch for consoles is being held up by the cert process- Ubi has been messaging about it like mad on their twitter.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

New UK operator will have an ability to leave their team to become a separate 3rd team.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The best defense against teamkilling on casual is to play with a full squad. Otherwise yeah it's a total crapshoot (literally)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

goodness posted:

Hacking is extremely rare since thanks to BattlEye (note: battleye actually works in this game as opposed to PUBG's half rear end implementation of it) so hacking is pretty much done by hack creators who want to test on a working BE game client and the people willing a lot of money for access to their tests. I want to say I've seen maybe half a dozen people that could definitely be called as hacking in the year and a half since then.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Play Ranked instead. It's a way better gamemode in every way.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Play Ranked instead. It's a way better gamemode in every way.

the shorter round times alone is just so much better.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

afkmacro posted:

the shorter round times alone is just so much better.

Aye

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

But in ranked I can't play my favourite vehicle-based maps, plane and yacht. That's pretty much the only reason I don't play only ranked, I like the bit of extra map (and objective room) variety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Captainicus posted:

But in ranked I can't play my favourite vehicle-based maps, plane and yacht. That's pretty much the only reason I don't play only ranked, I like the bit of extra map (and objective room) variety.

Yeah, that's the main thing holding me back from playing ranked, too. I just cannot pass up on the possibility of playing Plane; it's straight-up the best map, even if it can be a bit of a Glaz-fest at times.