Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ohhhh nooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/977726908610867200

e: man IT is going to get roasted for the pullup bar hanging

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zogo posted:

Great moments in NBA history. That time Bashez and RCarr commandeered the Heat buses in 2013:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlCLzJbo82M

And it would have worked if it wasn’t for you meddling kids and your pesky dog!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I was able to get the tickets for the Sixers Nuggets game tomorrow around the middle of Section 118 for $71 for two tickets (my daughter prefers closer to the floor then a wider view).

I want to thank this thread for steering me away from the Knicks game. My wife was trying to push me towards that one for scheduling reasons but I was able tell her (along with tickets being more) that it would be a rather poor choice.

Edit: sweet the seats are basically aisle seats and we get Cadillac Grille access for free too!

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 25, 2018

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

This loving guy is going to ruin everyone else who's 5'9".

IT's agent really needs to stop letting him get recorded constantly talking about his height.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The falls onto cement as a child would lead to a degenerating hip as an adult

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
As anyone who spent even 5 minutes glancing over r/short knows, short men never stop thinking about their height. It's really messed up, i feel bad for all da 'lets.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Isaiah Thomas talks to the media because they're at eye level. Most players dismiss them because they're a foot or so below, like a tween

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im excited 2 post with evan again in 35 minutes

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Maybe it worked.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Doltos posted:

This loving guy is going to ruin everyone else who's 5'9".

IT's agent really needs to stop letting him get recorded constantly talking about his height.

They talk about his height like it's a debilitating condition, but drat, 5'9 is pretty average height for normal people. I mean, I'm glad I'm not that short, but outside the NBA he is pretty unremarkable. Guess he's from the Lillard school of desperately needing something to be offended by to get motivated.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So some sites are listing the Sixers as clinching a spot the NBA isn’t, what needs to happen for them to actually clinch a spot? Anything that could happen with other teams today?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So some sites are listing the Sixers as clinching a spot the NBA isn’t, what needs to happen for them to actually clinch a spot? Anything that could happen with other teams today?

Well if they're like the Pacers, they probably just need to win tonight. If the Pacers beat the Heat today, they're locked into the playoffs.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Their magic number is 1, so either a Pistons loss or a Sixers win

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So basically nothing today that could give the Sixers the clinch. On the bright side it does give the game I’m going to tomorrow some extra importance...of course watch me jinx everything.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So basically nothing today that could give the Sixers the clinch. On the bright side it does give the game I’m going to tomorrow some extra importance...of course watch me jinx everything.

I see Pompey said "The team and the Indiana Pacers will both secure playoff spots if the Pacers defeat the Miami Heat in Sunday’s game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse." but I have no fuckin clue how that works for the Sixers. Maybe someone else has the answer

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cool Buff Man posted:

I see Pompey said "The team and the Indiana Pacers will both secure playoff spots if the Pacers defeat the Miami Heat in Sunday’s game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse." but I have no fuckin clue how that works for the Sixers. Maybe someone else has the answer

I swear it’s some of the Byzantine poo poo I’ve seen in pro sports.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

im excited 2 post with evan again in 35 minutes

The mods are bad imo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yeah

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

the mods are Bad but so is doing the whole "actually, it's ephebebelbiphial"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Mods are here to protect us. I love all the mods. They are are friends.

All Hail Lowtax and his chosen protectors of the forums.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the hockey mod kidnapped dexo and is just forcing him to write at instead of @ while repeating its the same amount of keystrokes over and over

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

How has Bledsoe looked in Milwaukee? I haven’t heard a word about him since he got traded

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/977964910108790784

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

joe harris being asked constantly if he plays basketball because he's tall, saying yeah i'm in the nba, and then no one believing him and him just sighing and saying he plays for a rec league team and works as an investment banker

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The B_36 posted:

They talk about his height like it's a debilitating condition, but drat, 5'9 is pretty average height for normal people. I mean, I'm glad I'm not that short, but outside the NBA he is pretty unremarkable. Guess he's from the Lillard school of desperately needing something to be offended by to get motivated.

Exactly. I always thought I was short then I realized I could see over the heads of everyone at the family reunion. He's lucky he's 5'9. He could be Mugsy Bogues height and be an actual sideshow right now.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/T_Rozzay3/status/64889433505284096?s=20

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Space Camp fuckup posted:

How has Bledsoe looked in Milwaukee? I haven’t heard a word about him since he got traded

He's been okay. He gets to play off the ball more, and his shot selection is better. His defense is okay. He has been about as good for Milwaukee as he's been over the last few seasons.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Please don't get hurt again, Lil Sabonis. :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/pacers/status/977979240086990848?s=21

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

AggressivelyStupid posted:

the mods are Bad but so is doing the whole "actually, it's ephebebelbiphial"

He was trying to argue that words have meaning and departing from the agreed upon meaning because the guy in question is a political bad guy is bad practice and lets the other side do the same thing. You are a fan of the Cleveland Cavaliers, which makes you a pedophile

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Lebron James is real and strong.

Ben Simmons is the Rookie of the Year!

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

dokmo posted:

He's been okay. He gets to play off the ball more, and his shot selection is better. His defense is okay. He has been about as good for Milwaukee as he's been over the last few seasons.

Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe is a strong core three that makes sense as a possible contender. Jabari though just doesn't fit, he absolutely kills their defense when he's on the floor (though that could be somewhat mitigated by some actual coaching next year) and on offense if you're just having him off the ball then it wastes his best talent which is shot creation. He's still a good young player though, just not for the Bucks imho. His FA will be very interesting.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

He was trying to argue that words have meaning and departing from the agreed upon meaning because the guy in question is a political bad guy is bad practice and lets the other side do the same thing. You are a fan of the Cleveland Cavaliers, which makes you a pedophile

:rolleyes:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Congratulations to the Cleveland Cavaliers for barely managing to beat the Brooklyn Nets

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmfao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
60 Minutes is doing a feature on Giannis in the same episode as the Stormy Daniels interview tonight. Greek Freak..welcome to the resistance

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Nm

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Mark_T_Willard/status/978023629114847233

Hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

xbilkis posted:

60 Minutes is doing a feature on Giannis in the same episode as the Stormy Daniels interview tonight. Greek Freak..welcome to the resistance

i'd kill for one on kanter

https://twitter.com/Marc_DAmico/status/978033973526904832

• Locked thread