Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I was at a steak house in Chicago last night and who walks in and sits next to us for a drink? loving Meatloaf and Darryl Hannah. She looks way better in person than she did in Sens8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's very fitting that Kunis makes films and Prepon struggles to get tv time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

It's very fitting that Kunis makes films and Prepon struggles to get tv time.

Is Prepon still in Orange is the new black? Is OitNB still on, for that matter?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Calaveron posted:

Laura Prepon broke like every single episode and Mila Kunis rarely broke but when she did it was something genuinely hilarious like the whole MICHAEL GET IN THE VAN MICHAEL GET IN THE VAN MICHAEL MICHAEL GET IN THE VAN FINE

I thought there was some kind of weird charm in that Prepon just couldn't keep it together most of the time. It sucks that Masterson is such a rapey creep that I can't really watch the show anymore because of it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is Prepon still in Orange is the new black? Is OitNB still on, for that matter?

The sixth season will drop this summer, and it's been renewed for a seventh. I wouldn't be shocked to see it end at that point, though.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hope and vaseline posted:

I thought there was some kind of weird charm in that Prepon just couldn't keep it together most of the time.

Same tbh, it was adorable, and it's not like she wasn't also funny. Shame about the whole Scientology thing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Timby posted:

The sixth season will drop this summer, and it's been renewed for a seventh. I wouldn't be shocked to see it end at that point, though.

How can there be 7 seasons? I thought she was going to jail for just a year. Is the blonde lady still the main character?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mu Zeta posted:

How can there be 7 seasons? I thought she was going to jail for just a year. Is the blonde lady still the main character?

Each season doesn't pass a year's time, and her sentence got extended to maybe ?? 2 years. With how last season ended who knows tbh I could see it being extended again.

But yeah the timeline is whack.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

esperterra posted:

13 or 14, iirc. She lied about being 18 and they went 'Jackie would do that so you got the job' or smth.
That must've been weird for all the other actors who were like 20.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's said her first kiss was on screen with Ashton Kutcher. He was 19 then.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aphrodite posted:

She's said her first kiss was on screen with Ashton Kutcher. He was 19 then.

There was some weird poo poo that went on on that set.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh my god, "J-J-J-Justified"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm enjoying Santa Clarita Diet. I've been taking my time watching the second season. It's just so chill and I love the characters.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

I thought there was some kind of weird charm in that Prepon just couldn't keep it together most of the time. It sucks that Masterson is such a rapey creep that I can't really watch the show anymore because of it.

Prepon was deeply involved in covering up Danny's financial assets the first time the allegations came out, and the strong rumour is that she was doing his brother when he was way underage as well.

Finding it very weird how everybody likes Santa Clarita Diet now. When the first season came out I'm pretty sure it was just me and one other guy who liked it. I remember how everybody hated Drew Barrymore in particular.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I loved season one, but yeah I remember people dunking on it. At least the first half.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I thought it was great. Haven't watched season 2 yet. Promised the significant other that we'd watch it together.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

esperterra posted:

I loved season one, but yeah I remember people dunking on it. At least the first half.

I thought it was pretty popular here. People just thought S1 ended too abruptly. Not true of S2. Full climax.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

I was at a steak house in Chicago last night and who walks in and sits next to us for a drink? loving Meatloaf and Darryl Hannah.

Well don't keep us in suspense, who sat down next to while simultaneously loving Meatloaf and Darryl Hannah! :j:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I really liked SCD season 1, but may not have been very vocal about it. Been awhile since I watched it, but I remember enjoying everything except the end of the season. Wasn't it super anti-climactic or had no actual feeling of conclusion?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Meatloaf and Daryl Hannah hang out?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Inspector 34 posted:

I really liked SCD season 1, but may not have been very vocal about it. Been awhile since I watched it, but I remember enjoying everything except the end of the season. Wasn't it super anti-climactic or had no actual feeling of conclusion?

Yeah the finale was super abrupt and felt like a non ending.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Lycus posted:

Meatloaf and Daryl Hannah hang out?

Apparently? They got a private room. I didn't see them as we were leaving 2 hours later.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

I think me and 2 or 3 other people were stumping hard for season 1 of Santa Clarita Diet. I'm p. sure DPost was one.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm trying to wrap my head around someone not liking Drew Barrymore. That just ain't right!!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Drew Barrymore should do something with Rose McIver.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I love the Olyphant Barrymore chemistry and relationship. Something about them makes me totally buy them being in a 20 year loving marriage. Liv Hewson and the rest of the cast really hold up too. Mary Elizbeth Eliss and Natalie Morales are two women that always add a lot to any show they're in.

And man if the first season finale left people unsatisfied this season's not only had some hilarious moments in the last few minutes but did a great job of getting me excited for the next season.

Santa Clarita Diet might be my favorite comedy on Netflix.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 26, 2018

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah the last season of Orange is the New Black took place over like 3 days at most. The blonde is no longer the central focus thankfully.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Prepon was deeply involved in covering up Danny's financial assets the first time the allegations came out, and the strong rumour is that she was doing his brother when he was way underage as well.

Jesus christ

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like how anytime anyone slaps someone on the back of the head you can tell it's a for real hard slap

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I thought Santa Clarita Diet's first season ended really short and awkwardly and it kind of soured me on things. But I really enjoyed it and I plan to rewatch it with S2 soon.

After Jessica Jones probably.

After I catch up on my DVRed shows.

Maybe after I finally check out Counterpart.

And maybe after I sneak in Handmaid's Tale before my Hulu sub runs out.

And after i finish Constantine that I started on CW Seed.

March Madness has really occupied my time.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
First two episodes of The Terror air tomorrow night on AMC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPuYei9cbaw

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Turns out LA to Vegas is still putting episodes up on HULU and is still a pretty enjoyable half hour. I put it in the same category as Superstore, except they haven't had time to really figure out how all these people interact just yet.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Santa Clarita season 2 is hilarious so far. Definitely an improvement on the first.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Tortolia posted:

Yeah, Santa Clarita season 2 is hilarious so far. Definitely an improvement on the first.

I thought season 1 was better than most critics gave it credit for, but season 2 has been amazing. It has become one of the best shows on Netflix (hell on TV period). The term ‘Nazi lobsters’ will stick with me forever.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

I thought season 1 was better than most critics gave it credit for, but season 2 has been amazing. It has become one of the best shows on Netflix (hell on TV period). The term ‘Nazi lobsters’ will stick with me forever.

Joel's concern about his bookcase design and the comment about it being Nazi occupied is one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

nate fisher posted:

Season 1 had a really rocky start and I almost quit after the first 2 episodes, but it consistently gets better and better over time. So by the end of season 1 it's become a good show and by the end of season 2 it's an amazing show.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Finding it very weird how everybody likes Santa Clarita Diet now. When the first season came out I'm pretty sure it was just me and one other guy who liked it. I remember how everybody hated Drew Barrymore in particular.

The show just stumbled towards the 2/3 point of the season in my opinion.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Holy poo poo, episode 8 of SCD.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I guess nobody ended up making a thread for the fifth season of Silicon Valley. The season premiere was great but it looks like next week may just be another "Pied Piper guys are out of money again and have to start at square one" episode. Nonetheless, I appreciate that Richard's heel turn from last season seems to be here to stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ahahahah that loving SCD finale.