Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Did...
Did Hibiki go super-saiyan?
Her lil' hair thingies stood up.

Before (nervous):

After:

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't wait for Hibiki to show up in Kengan Ashura and defeat Ohma with one punch.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I shotgunned this series over the past week and holy poo poo this is amazing

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I shotgunned this series over the past week and holy poo poo this is amazing

I agree, you should also read the campanion manga, Kengan Ashura. It’s pretty good too

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
It's really annoying coming to this thread to read Kengan Ashura stuff but realise most of the new posts are about another series.

Can you Danberu make your own thread? I'm probably in the minority here.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I"m the OP and I don't really mind

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It keeps the thread pretty active and there's a KA cameo like every chapter since they take place in the same world. I don't mind it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I'm cool with it (obviously), and I feel like if someone counted up the past 2 pages of posts I'm pretty sure KA would come out on top

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Don't make another thread

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

It's really annoying coming to this thread to read Kengan Ashura stuff but realise most of the new posts are about another series.

Can you Danberu make your own thread? I'm probably in the minority here.

They have the same author and constant crossovers since they take place in the same universe. I don't see a problem. Plus a Danberu thread would be very slow since only a few people post about it with any regularity.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Did...
Did Hibiki go super-saiyan?
Her lil' hair thingies stood up.

Before (nervous):

After:
She is the legendary: SUPAH GYARU!

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 5, 2018

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Fair enough!

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
one thing that sucks with kengan asura is that there's barely any upsets. The strongest guy with the biggest deadliest techniques wins.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Cosmo is a pretty solid underdog. The series doesn't bullshit around the fact that being small and weighing a lot less than another fighter is a disadvantage so he has to almost entirely rely on submissions. He doesn't magically punch ten times above his weight class.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this is the series i look forward to most each week lol

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wild Horses posted:

one thing that sucks with kengan asura is that there's barely any upsets. The strongest guy with the biggest deadliest techniques wins.

The suspense arises from that we don't always know who is "the strongest guy with the biggest deadliest technique" in a given match-up.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

this is the series i look forward to most each week lol

Solid second for me after OP

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Fabricated posted:

Cosmo is a pretty solid underdog. The series doesn't bullshit around the fact that being small and weighing a lot less than another fighter is a disadvantage so he has to almost entirely rely on submissions. He doesn't magically punch ten times above his weight class.

nah id say his technique is more a plus than a guy like dudley who was born to job. Same with d*sney mascot guy.

Edit: I mean if you dont watch out he magically appears behind you and submits you in one second.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Wild Horses posted:

nah id say his technique is more a plus than a guy like dudley who was born to job. Same with d*sney mascot guy.

Edit: I mean if you dont watch out he magically appears behind you and submits you in one second.

Cosmo is interesting because his frame and fighting style require him to basically take pain to get his opening. As his opponents get tougher he has to be willing to eat more damage to get his opportunity, which is really bad news given some of the competitors.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol--012-Ch-099---Imitation?id=407726

Guest starring: Don King. Also the actor guy reminds me of Taskmaster.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dig that Chiba is just bluffing instead of actually being some insane all-copying prodigy, cause he's a lot more interesting that way.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm pretty sure Chiba is jobbing but knowing Kengan Asura we can't actually know that for sure. And I love that about this series.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm pretty sure Chiba is jobbing but knowing Kengan Asura we can't actually know that for sure. And I love that about this series.

They got the first flashback, they definitely lost.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
just so people are aware don't check out the wiki for this because whoever updates it goes off the raws and spoils the fighjts

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, he pretended to be a real threat so well that hatsumi thought he had to take him seriously and go all out. chiba's rear end is down, no question.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

blizzardvizard posted:

I think we can know for sure because Chiba is looking real Mockey right now.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
This is SPOILER, if you want to see the outcome of the fight here is the next chapter in Thai:

Spoiler!
http://www.nettruyen.com/truyen-tranh/tokita-ouma-dau-si-atula/chap-100/361755
Spoiler!

Not many talking until the end of the chapter.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well, that went more or less exactly as expected.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New omake chapter about Rihito's company and his first two employees - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol--012-Ch-099-005---Rihito?id=409444

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

That is 100% my exact experience when first playing the latest UFC game on PS4.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I always hated submission skills in Def Jam: Fight for NY.

I know the feel.

Haymakers all the way.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I would read a manga about SF Cold Storage
:allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
First PV for Kengan Asura is out. Going to be handled by Larx Entertainment and directed by Seiji Kishi with music by Yasuhara Takanashi if those names mean anything to you (they don't to me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnvf_Wp7ONo

I really hope it's not going to be CG, television CG has not been consistently good at all over the years.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
2019!? Are they waiting for the manga to finish first? Wow.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Seiji Kishi made Angel Beats and Tsuki wa Kirei, which are romantic/emotional school comedies, and now I'm really curious about what he's going to make with Kengan Asura. I don't know anything about Larx, and from a quick google search they made lots of 3DCG animation for other anime, they never produced anything on their own.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That cg actually looks pretty good.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Chapter is out

Nogi hiring a complete hack as the assassin makes more sense now, lol. Poor Yoshitake just can't catch a break

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

RatHat posted:

That cg actually looks pretty good.

For cg, yes.

But it's still Uncanny Valley as all hell.

Buuuut, sekibayashi's drop kick was great :allears:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So Kengan TASKMASTER could have won is he hadn't tried an akido move, he was in fact beating on Sen up until that point from what I gather.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

AtomikKrab posted:

So Kengan TASKMASTER could have won is he hadn't tried an akido move, he was in fact beating on Sen up until that point from what I gather.

It's the difference between knowledge and wisdom. He knows a lot of different techniques, but isn't practiced enough to read the situation for which to apply. He's the world's greatest actor, but never follows the script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wouldnt the metaphor be he needs a script