Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Eagles just kicked two goals in the last 40 seconds of the 3rd quarter. 4th quarter might be a decent one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
sydney should probably not just stop playing with a minute to go

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Chairchucker posted:

Eagles just kicked two goals in the last 40 seconds of the 3rd quarter. 4th quarter might be a decent one.

NIC NAT TACKLE AND CHECKSIDE HES BACK BABY

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Stop it eagles! My perfect tips!!!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/RyanBuckland7/status/977829901217628160

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Well there's goal of the year.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Periphery posted:

Well there's goal of the year.

yeah it'll be up there

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

parker :allears:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://vimeo.com/160992669#t=14s

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
:smug:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sucks we lost, but it was closer than I was expecting, and Im happy Nic Nat looked in good touch.

That Parker goal was ridiculous.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Literally the only good thing to come out of this round is that we didn’t finish 9th

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/watch-a-melbourne-fan-in-a-pub-melt-down-when-the-dees-lost

lol

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Was expecting Sydney to win today, but our boys put up a decent fight given the relative inexperience versus the Swans. Nice to see Nic Nat back jumping around and bumping the poo poo out of people.

I reckon we'll hold our own against anyone not in the top 4, but going up against teams like Sydney and Adelaide we just don't have the engine room to cope.

Hoping to sneak into the 8 again this year, but really won't be surprised if we don't play finals.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 25, 2018

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
That Ryan kid is good

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

don't dox muyb

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/adelaide_fc/status/977415952978423809

Loving the crows fans arguing that his head moving before his body does was merely a case of preemptive whiplash

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
They're basing their appeal on an angle that proves glancing contact to the head?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Largepotato posted:

They're basing their appeal on an angle that proves glancing contact to the head?

My guess is their appeal will be that he was going for the ball rather than choosing to bump, I doubt they’d try to argue insufficient force.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I think the best argument I saw was someone saying Zerret is at fault for not training his brain to not get concussed

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

I think the best argument I saw was someone saying Zerret is at fault for not training his brain to not get concussed

NTRabbit?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Don't dox me

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

He’ll be working the Victorian conspiracy angle. They’ll have all angles covered. Just like the video showing head high contact

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I think their argument will be that the bump was below the shoulder and therefore legitimate, and that the concussion happened from incidental high contact from the trailing hand after the bump, which would be a free kick but not a report

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Actually the best part about this weekend is knowing that the racist piece of poo poo Adelaide supporter (one I had to sit next to at last year’s game, racially abusing my cousin’s gf and eventually getting himself arrested - by far the worst person I’ve ever encountered at the footy) has now endured a GF loss and a first round loss to us in back to back games.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

I think their argument will be that the bump was below the shoulder and therefore legitimate, and that the concussion happened from incidental high contact from the trailing hand after the bump, which would be a free kick but not a report

But his head was the first part of his body that got hit by the bump

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
At the very least we now know that the Dogs and Crows use the same lawyers.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

realbez posted:

But his head was the first part of his body that got hit by the bump

He never actually hit his head with the bump though? Every single replay shows the bump only ever hit the armpit and shoulder, the only part that hit his head was the trailing hand

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

https://twitter.com/adelaide_fc/status/977415952978423809

Loving the crows fans arguing that his head moving before his body does was merely a case of preemptive whiplash

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

He never actually hit his head with the bump though? Every single replay shows the bump only ever hit the armpit and shoulder, the only part that hit his head was the trailing hand

Which loving replay are you watching? You can clearly see the point of his shoulder hit the top of Merrett's head before their torsos collide. As far as I am aware the rule says that if you go for a bump it is your responsibility to not hit the other player's head, which he has clearly hosed up here.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

1 week for that is pretty soft tbh. Unless the Essendon medical report came back saying Merrett leaving the field was purely precautionary it should have been 2 weeks plus a 10% Victorian conspiracy loading on any subsequent offenses.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
It's good that Douglas got suspended because he sucks now

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

Which loving replay are you watching? You can clearly see the point of his shoulder hit the top of Merrett's head before their torsos collide. As far as I am aware the rule says that if you go for a bump it is your responsibility to not hit the other player's head, which he has clearly hosed up here.

The replay linked above, which demonstrably shows the contact was entirely shoulder to shoulder, and at no point did his shoulder impact Merrett's head. It's pretty clear cut.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

The replay linked above, which demonstrably shows the contact was entirely shoulder to shoulder, and at no point did his shoulder impact Merrett's head. It's pretty clear cut.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Are you actually serious?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Bigfooty quote im assuming?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
All this talk about the bump makes me lament Lachie's (possibly) busy hands.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Are you actually serious?

Where we’re going, we won’t need eyes to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq: