Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Beefstorm posted:

Setting up a business account with TMo. Requested a W9 to set them up as a vendor in our accounting system.

They can only provide me a W9 via snail mail. No PDF, no email, no download, just snail mail.

Seems like that's a bit of an oversight. But this complaint is only being read by goons, so nothing will come of it. :P

Tmo has the worst b2b side i've ever encountered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

incoherent posted:

Tmo has the worst b2b side i've ever encountered.

Have you never talked to Sprint?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Sprint picked up the phone tho. For all their awful service and quality, at least I had someone to yell at while we briefly had their services.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002
Good lawd, I just had a real scare. I logged into my My T-Mobile account on my browser to look at something or other, clicked on the Plan tab at the top, and saw a flashing warning that I had pending changes to my account. I only have one line with T-Mobile ONE, but it was showing that in 3 days, my $70 ONE account was being removed, and a new ONE at $120 was being added. Customer support said it was a family plan, but couldn't find when that change was requested.

I sure as poo poo never requested it, though. The last interaction I had was a little over a week ago when I added a port out passcode. But the CS rep canceled the pending change, it isn't showing up any more, and he agreed that it was loving weird.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

"It's not the size of the tower. It's the motion of the airwaves."
Lipstick Apathy

utonium posted:

Good lawd, I just had a real scare. I logged into my My T-Mobile account on my browser to look at something or other, clicked on the Plan tab at the top, and saw a flashing warning that I had pending changes to my account. I only have one line with T-Mobile ONE, but it was showing that in 3 days, my $70 ONE account was being removed, and a new ONE at $120 was being added. Customer support said it was a family plan, but couldn't find when that change was requested.

I sure as poo poo never requested it, though. The last interaction I had was a little over a week ago when I added a port out passcode. But the CS rep canceled the pending change, it isn't showing up any more, and he agreed that it was loving weird.

T-Mobile said a little bit ago that they were going to force everyone on newer plans, but guaranteed that your price wouldn't go up if you didn't specifically request the change. Can't remember when they said it, but I feel like it was near the beginning of uncarrier.

Dunno if that is still valid, but you might want to talk to care and see what they can figure out.

Did you go to a store recently or something?

EDIT: YMMV but this is when they talked about preventing price hikes. https://www.theverge.com/2015/3/18/8249169/t-mobile-uncontract-announced

EDIT AGAIN: It says they guaranteed it for two years. So, just ignore me.

Beefstorm fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 26, 2018

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

utonium posted:

Change your account password just in case.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

Beefstorm posted:

T-Mobile said a little bit ago that they were going to force everyone on newer plans, but guaranteed that your price wouldn't go up if you didn't specifically request the change. Can't remember when they said it, but I feel like it was near the beginning of uncarrier.

Dunno if that is still valid, but you might want to talk to care and see what they can figure out.

Did you go to a store recently or something?
Nope, never been inside a T-Mobile store. The only interaction I had was calling the previous week and adding a port out passcode. If she switched me to a family plan, then that sucks, but the rep I talked to couldn't tell when it was requested, which I thought was fishy.

Duckman2008 posted:

Change your account password just in case.
I did one better and switched to an MVNO instead :smugdroid:.

Actually that had been my plan anyway, I was only logging in at the time to find my account number. I love T-Mobile's coverage and speeds in my area, and international data saved my bacon in Japan a couple months ago, I just don't need unlimited data or a family plan.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
My TMo rep delivered my tablets today, as well as a metric gently caress ton of Tmobile aprons and backpacks... :P

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Which tmobile tuesday do we get backpacks?

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
FYI, if you have a T-Mobile account with only data devices and no voice lines, you can't sign up to My-TMobile.

I just filed a support case letting them know that this is broken.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I just bought my wife the S9 (at full price, installments) last week: the 2-for-1 would be better for me- are they good about honouring the deals retroactively?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
You will have to return and rebuy.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Don Lapre posted:

You will have to return and rebuy.

And pay the $50 restocking fee.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Glass of Milk posted:

I just bought my wife the S9 (at full price, installments) last week: the 2-for-1 would be better for me- are they good about honouring the deals retroactively?

I know people here like to poo poo on customer service, but I would try calling them and asking if they can do anything.

I WAS NOT eligible for a promotion on a BOGO LG phone (turns out buying just one doesn't make it free, against what the rep said) and they credited me anyway.

YMMV

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Beefstorm posted:

I know people here like to poo poo on customer service, but I would try calling them and asking if they can do anything.

I WAS NOT eligible for a promotion on a BOGO LG phone (turns out buying just one doesn't make it free, against what the rep said) and they credited me anyway.

YMMV

I''ve been on t-mo for almost a decade now and on the rare occasion i have to call customer support they're usually helpful and seem to let things slide on loyal customers. ymmv

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

wtf tmobile

quote:

Earlier this week, a customer service representative using T-Mobile’s Austria Twitter account wrote that reps for the company can view the first four characters of a customer’s password.

“The customer service agents see the first four characters of your password. We store the whole password, because you need it for the login,” the rep wrote.

As Motherboard reported, those four characters could be used to guess or brute-force a password.

But when customers pointed this out, T-Mobile responded that its security was too good for hackers to breach. “I really do not get why this is a problem. You have so many passwords for evey [sic] app, for every mail-account and so on. We secure all data very carefully, so there is not a thing to fear,” a rep wrote.

“T-Mobile US customer care representatives cannot see passwords, and we do not store passwords in plain text,” a T-Mobile US spokesperson said. Gizmodo reached out to T-Mobile for more information about how its Austria business stores and secures customer passwords, and will update if we hear back.

Update 7:00 p.m.: A spokesperson for T-Mobile Austria said, “Customer service agents see only parts of customers’ passwords which are safely stored in encrypted databases. We are also using one-time-PINs for customer authentication and are evaluating voice biometrics for a better user experience.” 

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, I hope that's just their Austria business and not a global issue.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm being hypocritical by not saying anything about this one

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Does the SyncUp use a tablet sim or phone sim? I have an idle tablet line from an LG that broke on me and wouldn't mind getting the sync up.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Do you have to do anything to trigger the 2 for 1 deal on S9s? The terms say you need to pay via installment plan at 0% APR, so okay, I'll add $30 to my monthly bill and not pay $720 up front. But I'm all the way to the point where I'd enter my credit card, and there's no actual confirmation that I am doing a 2 for 1 deal here. Is it just automatic?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Do you have to do anything to trigger the 2 for 1 deal on S9s? The terms say you need to pay via installment plan at 0% APR, so okay, I'll add $30 to my monthly bill and not pay $720 up front. But I'm all the way to the point where I'd enter my credit card, and there's no actual confirmation that I am doing a 2 for 1 deal here. Is it just automatic?

The 2 for 1 happens via bill credit. Which may or may not kick in within a couple billing cycles.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I don’t know for sure, but a lot of the time a BOGO requires one line to be an add a line. Are you a new or current customer?

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
New customer, will port 2 numbers from Verizon. I'll have to call T-Mobile today to check. $720 is a lot for a may or may not.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

New customer, will port 2 numbers from Verizon. I'll have to call T-Mobile today to check. $720 is a lot for a may or may not.

Then you should qualify, but always call and check.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Hey everyone,

Looking to get my girlfriend a Huawei Mate SE. She has T-Mobile but I'm not sure how compatible the phone is with her network. I've looked online and found some conflicting information about frequency compatibility. Can anyone set the record straight for me?

Thanks.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Just doubling back to my question from earlier. Yes, the BOGO on Galaxy S9 is automatic for anyone else considering the promotion.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Just saw this today:
T-Mobile ONE Military
https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/military-phone-plans

T-Mobile ONE for all Vets, Active Military, Guard, Reserve, and Gold Star families. $55 for first line, $25 for 2nd line, $10 each line after that up to 6.

I'm paying $120 for 5 lines on the old 4gb Family plan. This looks like it will put me at $110 for unlimited ONE plan with Netflix.
Also 50% Samsung phones.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Nm

wormil fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 25, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

free MLB is cool but man these Tuesday deals have been getting worse and worse

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
They're been awful for awhile, and overly complex. Even their partners don't seem to understand them, I saw signage for T-Mo Tuesday $2 gift cards yesterday at Dunkin and what I got today was not that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

$1 off a medium milkshake like why bother

I’m cool with freely weekly video rentals or w/e

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

$1 off a medium milkshake like why bother

I’m cool with freely weekly video rentals or w/e

The better promos may not be sustainable price wise.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

The better promos may not be sustainable price wise.

well, yeah. First world problems and all that. Just bitching to bitch here don’t mind me

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Anyone using the Nest Secure through TMobile? Just curious what thoughts are.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/04/29/t-mobile-and-sprint-announce-plans-to-merge/?utm_term=.0173dc23a150

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

As nerve said, merger is official. Legere is still CEO, COO is also a T-Mobile guy so I’m hoping this is a “best case scenario” and T-Mobile doesn’t get dragged down by gross Sprint.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What will it mean for T-Mobile costumers? Increased coverage?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I just got a second headline that said “T-Mobile agrees to merge with Sprint” which sounds like Sprint is going to be the primary company and I am not thrilled about that at all!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Maneki Neko posted:

As nerve said, merger is official. Legere is still CEO, COO is also a T-Mobile guy so I’m hoping this is a “best case scenario” and T-Mobile doesn’t get dragged down by gross Sprint.

This makes me feel a little better...but ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Quidthulhu posted:

I just got a second headline that said “T-Mobile agrees to merge with Sprint” which sounds like Sprint is going to be the primary company and I am not thrilled about that at all!

New company is called T-Mobile and still run by current T-Mobile CEO, so I’m cautiously optimistic, but Sprint is awful.

SeANMcBAY posted:

What will it mean for T-Mobile costumers? Increased coverage?

In the short term maybe nothing? They’re saying this is all a push for enough spectrum between the two to do 5g right.