Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/978314561781747713?s=20

Isn't this a day after the CEOxNJPW show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/978314561781747713

So, NJPW is running:

- June 29th in the US at a video game tournament in Orlando, FL (Maybe sending people to ROH's PPV the same day, too?)
- June 30th in the UK
- July 1st in the UK
- July 7th at the Cow Palace in the US.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sounds like they might be running their guys a bit ragged

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

The obvious spot is actually the reverse. Okada goes for the Rainmaker, Rock ducks it and hits the Rock Bottom for 2.9.

Yep. It's the spot from the Okada/EVIL G1 match that EVIL won, except with a Rock Bottom on the end instead of Everything Is Evil.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OGB posted:

So, NJPW is running:

- June 29th in the US at a video game tournament in Orlando, FL (Maybe sending people to ROH's PPV the same day, too?)
- June 30th in the UK
- July 1st in the UK

A 10 day period

And it ends literally like 2 weeks before G1 starts

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

thefncrow posted:

Yep. It's the spot from the Okada/EVIL G1 match that EVIL won, except with a Rock Bottom on the end instead of Everything Is Evil.

Is there a better finisher to set up counters/reversals with than Everything is Evil?
I think not.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Chris James 2 posted:

A 10 day period

And it ends literally like 2 weeks before G1 starts

Oh, sure - but I'm wondering how they'll keep star power strong on these shows with the split, and I'm surprised by how aggressive they're being in a short time frame.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gonna be a lot of tags and giant ice baths.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Baron Corbyn posted:

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/977751881735847939

I'm glad that Jebailey has been inspired to not mess up his wrestling show

this is one hell of a humblebrag

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sounds like they might be running their guys a bit ragged

My guess is that Kenny's going to be the main bit of star power for the CEO show, and probably won't make the trip to England, at least not for the first show. I'd bet that the talent crossover between the CEO show and the Milton Keynes show will be small, at best.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

NuclearPotato posted:

My guess is that Kenny's going to be the main bit of star power for the CEO show, and probably won't make the trip to England, at least not for the first show. I'd bet that the talent crossover between the CEO show and the Milton Keynes show will be small, at best.
It's probably gonna be 0. Depending on how long the CEO show is, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on that won't make a trip to the UK at all and the show being built around the local heroes Ospreay and ZSJ as the main attractions.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

this is one hell of a humblebrag

isn't that the guy from divekick who's whole joke is he has a giant ego that inflates his head and wears a shirt with the big gold belt on it?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Look at how much talent was on SSE in tag matches and how many mid carders they left in Japan and they have plenty of guys to fill out a video game show and England.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

OGB posted:

So, NJPW is running:

- June 30th in the UK
- July 1st in the UK

Looking like this will just be a regular Rev Pro show with NJPW guests.
I tempted by the Manchester date nonetheless.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Golden Lovers vs Cody & Hangman and Ospreay vs Scrull for the junior belt announced for Sakura Genesis.

Okada/YOSHI vs Sabre/Taichi, LIJ vs Suzuki-Gun announced for the Korakuen Road To show.

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/978481457004883969

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/978480975666556928

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Japan World got Uncle Dave to break down Strong Style evolved - https://njpwworld.com/p/o_original_0008_314

Sakura Genesis look pretty good too. Also actually looking forward to Taichi vs Okada in 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yoshi, my dude...

You are going to tap the gently caress out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn Cody is a great heel

SatoshiMiwa posted:

New Japan World got Uncle Dave to break down Strong Style evolved - https://njpwworld.com/p/o_original_0008_314

This is also great

Kelly: If you didn't get a chance to watch the show liv-
Dave: YOU MUST!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 27, 2018

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I think I figured out what Switchblade Jay White is missing and it's sunglasses.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Cameo posted:

Golden Lovers vs Cody & Hangman and Ospreay vs Scrull for the junior belt announced for Sakura Genesis.

Okada/YOSHI vs Sabre/Taichi, LIJ vs Suzuki-Gun announced for the Korakuen Road To show.

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/978481457004883969

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/978480975666556928

Bit surprised that Kota and Kenny are expected back in action so soon.

Anyway, Taichi to pin Okada in that tag match, just for a giggle.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

isn't that the guy from divekick who's whole joke is he has a giant ego that inflates his head and wears a shirt with the big gold belt on it?

Yeah, under the name JeFailey. In game, his kick is a drop kick, and the inflating head makes him slower and have a massive hitbox, making it very awkward to get fraud detections.

At one of the first big tournaments, a guy calling himself King of Bums got pretty far with him and Jebailey offered a $500 bounty to anyone that knocked him out of the tournament.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

cards for Sakura Genesis and the Road to Korakuen are out. Mildly surprised they didn't add any non jr singles title matches to Sakura Genesis but they have three shows ney tour + a US defense at Korakuen to spread them out among. EVIL returns on this tour. Wish they had booked Gedo and TAKA as Okada and ZSJ's partners on the Korakuen.

Road to Sakura Genesis
March 30th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Ren Narita
Yugi Nagata vs. Shota Umino
Togi Makabe, Michael Elgin, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, and Tomoyuki Oka
Juice Robinson, David Finlay, and Toa Henare vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Jay White, and Tomohiro Ishii)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, and Tiger Mask IV vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano, SHO, and YOH)
L.I.J (Naito, EVIL, SANADA, Hiromu, and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Suzuki, KES, Kanemaru, and Desperado)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr. and Taichi)

SAKURA GENESIS 2018
April 1st at 3:00 EDT/8:00 BST
Ryogoku Koukigan (Sumo Hall)

Bullet Club (Yujiro and Chase Owens) vs. Young Bucks
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka and Taichi)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship: Bullet Club (Fale and GoD) vs. Makabe, Elgin, and Taguchi
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Jay White, and YOSHI-HASHI)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, and SANADA) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and KES)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championship 3 Way:Suzuki-gun(c) (Kanemaru and Desperado vs. Roppongi 3k vs. L.I.J (Hiromu and BUSHI)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Will Ospreay(c) vs. Marty Scurll
Golden Lovers vs. Cody and Hangman Page
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Kazuchika Okada(c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 27, 2018

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

I used to work in that building!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Okada vs Dwayne at the Cow Palace would certainly be a good way to fill the building!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Thauros posted:

Road to Sakura Genesis
March 30th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Yugi Nagata vs. Shota Umino

Please don't make Red Shoes cry, Nagata!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

Okada vs Dwayne at the Cow Palace would certainly be a good way to fill the building!

If you are booking The Rock you would probably need a much bigger venue than that. Especially to go with Okada.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

forkboy84 posted:

If you are booking The Rock you would probably need a much bigger venue than that. Especially to go with Okada.

...nah.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But realistically, if we're gonna fantasy book the Cow Palace show, how does this look:

IWGP Heavyweight Title
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kenny Omega

IWGP Intercontinental Title
Minoru Suzuki (c) vs Kota Ibushi

Chris Jericho vs Tetsuya Naito

NEVER Openweight Title
Juice Robinson (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title
Will Ospreay(c) vs Rey Mysterio

IWGP US Title
"Switchblade" Jay White (c) vs Cody

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles
LIJ (EVIL & SANADA) (c) vs Young Bucks

Plus some multi-man stuff on the undercard? Probably a bit heavy but they do need to go hard to make sure they get people in the building. (also Juice/Tana is mostly cuz I wanna see them push Juice in the US. I think because he's a full-time New Japan guy, they don't get that he'd be a good fit as a babyface star for the US expansion- maybe switch the Ace with Ishii, instead, tho,)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 27, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

But realistically, if we're gonna fantasy book the Cow Palace show, how does this look:

IWGP Heavyweight Title
Kazuchika Okada Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kenny Omega

There y'go.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

There y'go.

Go Ace? :ohdear:

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Njpw is more likely to run Billy Gunn vs Okada than have that many marquee singles on a us show, or any non-dominion card in general

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Rey should probably tag too if they're putting him with prime world class juniors

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sleep with the vicious posted:

Njpw is more likely to run Billy Gunn vs Okada than have that many marquee singles on a us show, or any non-dominion card in general

Yeah, there's no way they're running a card that deep less than a month after Dominion and just a couple weeks before the G1

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Thauros posted:

ody
SAKURA GENESIS 2018
April 1st at 3:00 EDT/8:00 BST
Ryogoku Koukigan (Sumo Hall)

Bullet Club (Yujiro and Chase Owens) vs. Young Bucks
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka and Taichi)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship: Bullet Club (Fale and GoD) vs. Makabe, Elgin, and Taguchi
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Jay White, and YOSHI-HASHI)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, and SANADA) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and KES)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championship 3 Way:Suzuki-gun(c) (Kanemaru and Desperado vs. Roppongi 3k vs. L.I.J (Hiromu and BUSHI)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Will Ospreay(c) vs. Marty Scurll
Golden Lovers vs. Cody and Hangman Page
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Kazuchika Okada(c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

if they're going to keep the junior heavyweight title on ospreay for a while, they should give the hiromu/bushi team a run with the tag belts imo. gedo doesn't seem interested in committing to a roppongi 3k push yet, insofar as anybody outside of about four guys can get a consistent push from gedo at any given time

also, who the gently caress is coming out to the drat cow palace

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 28, 2018

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

IWGP Heavyweight Title
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kenny Omega

Huh, I'm surprised they'd have ZSJ drop the belt back to Okada that quickly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jubs posted:

...nah.

Yah, unless you want to lose money on the show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Finally finished working my way through SSE. That main event was the most insane spotfest I've seen in my life. Loved Matt forcing Kenny to give him the OWA.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Rarity posted:

Finally finished working my way through SSE. That main event was the most insane spotfest I've seen in my life. Loved Matt forcing Kenny to give him the OWA.

Also, potential Nick vs Matt feud!?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

super macho dude posted:

Also, potential Nick vs Matt feud!?
Probably just an episode of BTE where Nick and Matt talk about the situation then show up in Kenny's corner vs Cody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I dunno. Kenny & Nick vs. Cody & Matt sounds fun.

e: Just brushing their different attitudes towards Kenny aside wouldn't really fit with how they've done character development in this story so far - way too sudden and no motivation beyond "let's get this out of the way to get to the next big story beat".