Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
How feasible does our Ring think M is? I'm willing to just try destroying it but redirecting all that destructive power on to something else the GM cares about sounds... appealing. Also NinjaPete I edited in another question in my previous post while you were answering it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1 B Survival is good.

2 D I'm not sure how he'll fit into our cult or even what form our cult will take, but he might be handy sometime.

3 G This is actually really hard to say, because it will depend what sort of demands we put on him as a cultist, which we haven't decided yet. We might get him teaching an art class once a week to kids at risk or something, or ignore him entirely because we don't need an artist and he seems pretty useless, so that would be H. But then again maybe he is more useful than he looks (or the skills we give him make him useful) and we'll be making constant demands on him making it I.

4 K Get paid. We've had a rough week and don't need another knock right now.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
1. B
2. DF
3. G
4. Work on recruiting locals to cult - working on social advocacy stuff new vlog & reporting- try to figure out who Close is going to sell our information to and prepare for it
5. N - ultimate goal is to change reality for the better having an Aether stockpile moves us in this direction, even if it chancier than the other options

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Just went and looked at the dice rolls. I didn't realize Like I Build It could do that :stare:

A thought: is it worth using Clairvoyant Sight at some point and seeing what is happening with Daisy?

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Does gifting Maroni skills mean we are transferring them from us?

Nope. The Pact is essentially unlocking his potential/rewriting his personality on a genetic level.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

How feasible does our Ring think M is? I'm willing to just try destroying it but redirecting all that destructive power on to something else the GM cares about sounds... appealing.

It's doable. Mechanically its an extended action as you attempt to hack the Infrastructure. Since you want it to still work, just aim it at another target, assuming that target is like a bridge (More on the 'structure' end of things than the "person" end), it's doable for your Ring. The challenge is going to be dealing with any sort of guards or defenses, the area might be watched.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

A thought: is it worth using Clairvoyant Sight at some point and seeing what is happening with Daisy?

You can totally do this. It's a cover roll +6 so the chances of more than a temp glitch is really low. I'll wait a day to see if there is any discussion against this, then I'll post what you see.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B
DF
G
MNO

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. B - Personally, I want A, but, after the speech Mabin just gave, B seems more thematically appropriate.
2. D
3. H - I like thinking of Ink/Mabin as some big drat hero, so yeah, she's gonna try to do little bits here and there.
5. M - O is the good long term answer, but in the short term, do M to buy some time until we figure out how to do O without causing an even bigger fuckup

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1B
2D
3H
5NO

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
1b, 2d, 3h, 4 relax and chat with our friend Miss Gilchrist, 5m Moroni trusts the goon hivemind, he was always doomed

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

BDGKMN

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
BDIN

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

quote:

The Devil smiles when we make plans.

“We have an opportunity here,” you say. “I’ve been more active these past few days than I have for years, and I realize we need a source of Aether. We can use this as a chance to create our own stockpile. If we just make sure the Infrastructure does not go off as intended then the Aether the sculptures has already generated would be ours.”

“Wouldn’t we be able to do that by just..doing nothing?” Kind asks. “We have the Key, we are, assumedly, the only people who can operate that.”

“We could assume that, but it’s not a known variable.” Ruin says.

You nod, “Leaving it alone or turning it off shouldn’t be our main objective. We don’t know for sure what will happen to all that energy built up. Best case senario is nothing. But it could still go off, maybe not even directed at the bridge.”

“If that heat were directed outwards...all those riverside apartments and parks might be endangered,” Tone says

“The the River itself might mess with things,” Ruin adds.

“Yes, but the River is out plausible deniability,” you counter. “If we stay quiet, the Machine might accept the loss and move on.”

“It won’t try again?” Kind asks.

“The timer,” you say tapping the watch again. “It implies that there is a expiration date that is important. If the Infrastructure misses it, what is the purpose?”

“Alright,” Ruin says. “ We have about 3 hours. What are we going to do with that time?”

1. What should we do? I will take as many that seem to have a majority as possible. But know that the more we try to do in such a short time, the most possibilities for failure we might have.
A Pick up “Road Closed” Signs and place them at the bridge entrances.
B Light a few fires and explosions, well away from the River, to distract the SPPD and fire department.
C Go to the bridge area immediately and start surveillance.
D Call in backup, you can keep them in the dark, but they will know something is up. (Who?
E Go to Ruin’s armory, pick up a gadget if he has one.
F Use your Clairvoyant Sight to find the location of Daisy, the Tick Tock Cop, and/or the Superintendent.
G. Something Else

You also need to consider location. There are only four members of your Ring, and only one you trust totally.

2. Where will you be stationed once the timer reaches zero?
H Ford Parkway Sculpture
I Minnehaha Park Sculpture
J Wabun Park Sculpture
K On the Bridge
L Somewhere else (where?)

3. We will need the others to go to the other statues. When they get there, do they..
M Keep them locked
N Unlock them early
O Unlock them on time
P Don’t touch them unless it looks like something is going to blow?

4. Four Demons, three statues. Who is with us?
Q Kind
R Ruin
S Tone
T No one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for sticking with us through the long weekend. Sorry this update is short, I suspect as we might have a lot of moving parts, the next few updates will be shorter.

As a heads up: All voting is Approval Voting unless noted. For for whichever options you approve of

CYOA Discord Server - If you have questions feel free to ask in the thread or here.

Rules: From Kickstarter Preview

Character Sheet

World Map

Dice Rolls

Conspiracy/Plot Board

NinjaPete fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 26, 2018

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. AEF
2. JK
3. MP
4. QT

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1 ABF
2 K
(We can swim, right?)
3 MP
4 Q

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

AC
H
MP
QT

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. ABC
Also, is it possible for us to delegate any of these to the others? Or do they have other things to do?
2. HIJ
3. No idea, passing.
4. T

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

NinjaPete posted:

1. What should we do? I will take as many that seem to have a majority as possible. But know that the more we try to do in such a short time, the most possibilities for failure we might have.

A Pick up “Road Closed” Signs and place them at the bridge entrances.
C Go to the bridge area immediately and start surveillance.
E Go to Ruin’s armory, pick up a gadget if he has one.
F Use your Clairvoyant Sight to find the location of Daisy, the Tick Tock Cop, and/or the Superintendent.

NinjaPete posted:

2. Where will you be stationed once the timer reaches zero?

K On the Bridge

NinjaPete posted:

3. We will need the others to go to the other statues. When they get there, do they..

P Don’t touch them unless it looks like something is going to blow?

NinjaPete posted:

4. Four Demons, three statues. Who is with us?

T No one.

Put one demon on each statue, while we stake-out the bridge.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

CourValant posted:

Put one demon on each statue, while we stake-out the bridge.

Changing my 4 vote to this

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

ABCF
HIJ
MP
Q

Why would we ever in a trillion years want to be on the bridge about to get nuked?

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

the_steve posted:

Also, is it possible for us to delegate any of these to the others? Or do they have other things to do?

Yeah, this is assuming you work with your Ring in certain things. Like, Tone can get the signs easier than you could by yourself.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Why not like, just slap a handful of C4 on one of the statues and leave a not saying the bridge is wired to blow. The bridge gets closed down and presumably it won't work with only two statues.

Also, can we do a quick check to see if the other bridges in the area aren't also set up for disaster?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

So...how tied are we to our physical form? We can have multiple covers, right? Cause I have an awful, awful idea that is so bad it just might work.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Blasphemaster posted:

So...how tied are we to our physical form? We can have multiple covers, right? Cause I have an awful, awful idea that is so bad it just might work.

Go on....

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
We also still need to resolve what our interlock is and all that stuff.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Blasphemaster posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm more attached to Mabin than I am to Ink, but I DO like hearing crazy ideas.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

1bef, 2j, 3n, 4t

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Not being as attached to Ink is probably because we've spent most of our time building up Mabin and getting things filtered through her. It would be good to get a look at something that's important to Ink.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

So we get the Ring to go and rapid-fire Pact a bunch of quick Burner Covers. Just enough to pass as Totally Real Humans. But we make a genuine effort to be as Racist as possible by Pacting people's capacity to fulfill a racial/ethnic/subculture stereotype. We'll probably need to pact at least 3-5 people apiece to make it work.

Our goal is to have Ungandan Knuckles[but human], Dr. Rockzo the Rock and Roll Clown (he does cocaine), Ming the Merciless, and Dora the Explorer form an inverse Dream Team. No preference on who plays whom.

We use our various abilities to go and disrupt one key place apiece as publicly as possible before uniting at the bridge and performing a musical number about how diversity helps build bridges between incredibly different communities, so lets make sure bridges don't fall down! There is no way GM's target conditions include the entire metropolitan area having a fit of "What!? WHY?!", so goal achieved. Somehow.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I'm not high enough for you, Blasphemaster.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Outrail posted:

Why not like, just slap a handful of C4 on one of the statues and leave a not saying the bridge is wired to blow. The bridge gets closed down and presumably it won't work with only two statues.

Also, can we do a quick check to see if the other bridges in the area aren't also set up for disaster?

I avoided blowing things up as an option because we're trying to keep it working for our benefit and we aren't totally sure if it'll work. Though something like this can easily fit under G.

Checking other bridges might be a good thing to do if we either call in backup, or again have it under G. We don't have the time to inspect all the bridges in the metro ourselves, but we could outsource the problem.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

I feel like this isn't quite dumb enough to work, and also that I shouldn't find it funny.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
“Tone, use your contacts to get ahold of some signs, we want to close the bridge if we can. Less people around means less casualties if we can’t stop it or if it goes south. Ruin, you and Kind need to create some distractions, keep the SPPD looking anywhere but the bridge area.”

“We get to blow up stuff?”

“If you need to,” you turn to Ruin. “Do you have supplies for that?”

“I should be able to scrounge something. What will you do?”

“I am going to the site and keeping an eye out. I have to think there are going to be multiple parties converging here. The Axis cultists, Home Office, other Loyalists, all possible. We don’t want to be walking into a cluster gently caress.”

“What do we do once the timer counts down?”

“Nothing. If the statues need to be unlocked at a specific time, we do not unlock them. After the moment has passed, maybe they will just sit idling.”

“Or maybe they will overload themselves,” Ruin remarks. “If they are at full power when that timer goes down, there may be some sort of Aetheric overflow if they aren't unlocked.”

“We’ll take that risk. If things look like they are going to blow, we’ll have to make a choice. I want us stationed at each statue.”

“Splitting the party is a bad idea,” Tome remarks.

“I know, but we need to. I’ll take up a post at the Wabun one, it’s the only one I’ve not been seen at. Tone, you head to Minnehaha after you get the signs place. We’ll be each other’s back up. Ruin and Kind, you are both on the other side of the river.”

“Ink,” Ruin ruminates. “If we can’t control the Infrastructure, we still might be able to redirect it, if we’re all interfacing with it. But we need to decide on a target before hand.”

1. As a plan B we can attempt to destroy something with this Infrastructure.
A The California Building
B The Home Office’s IDS Tower
C The Capitol’s secret Tunnels.
D The Infrastructure Itself
E Something else

Everyone nods their heads in agreement.

“Alright, let’s get to work”

Mabin does not have a car and it is freezing out. You cannot sit and wait outside, you’s easily freeze before the action started. As such you have decided to break into the mechanical shed attached to the, now drained, community pool. It’s warmer than the outside, and allows you to hide easier than you would be able to under the picnic shelters. The lock was pretty easy to pick, though there would be signs that someone has broken into it whenever a Park employee showed up.

You have a clear line of site to the sculpture, and you can see the bridge through the trees.

Time to get to work.

You clear a place for yourself to sit down. Your Demonic vision is incredibly useful, though it requires you to ignore what is happening to your body. Normally you’d do this in the safety of your room, or with an ally to watch you. But this will have to do. You lean against the wall and close your eyes. When you open them, they are glowing white orbs. The world around you fades into white nothingness, and after a moment..shadows appear, slowly burning through the white, like cigarette marks on ivory. They eventually resolve themselves into the basement of the California building.

quote:

Same as before. Same gears, same desk, uprighted and repaired. The Superintendent, in his mortal mask paces around, muttering.

“No, no no. I am not done. I cannot be done.”

“You are,” a voice from the shadows speak. “Your purpose has been served.”

“I am to protect. Yes, protect the building.”

“It is beyond your protection. You have let outsiders in. Mortals. Fallen. You have failed at your primary programming.”

“No, no the building still stands. The studio is protected.”

“The Asset has been taken. Your function is redundant. Take my hand Brother. You must be reiterated.”

“He may be back! The artist! He has been touched and he may return!”

“Father does not deal in speculation. Brother, integrate with me. Do not defy Father’s will.”

“He may be back!”

2. Did you tell Moroni to return to the California Building?
F Yes. Even if it is still under God Machine influence, it is the best place for him.
G Yes. We’re planning to tackle that as a project next.
H No. He’s hunkering down at home.
I No. One thing we gifted him was the funds to buy some new studio space.

quote:

Your vision again whites out. After a moment, the view of the interior of a squad car resolves itself. The Tick Tock Cop is “driving”, meaning it is sitting still as the wheel turns itself. You try to see the outside of the car, but get only vague impressions.

“All Units. All Units,” the radio squawks. “10-96, repeat 1096. We have multiple code 25s reported in Downtown. Repeat, 3 code 25s.”

“Unit 44 here,” the Tick Tock Cop says. It’s voice coming from some unseen speaker. “Responding. Where’s the closest fire dispatch?”

“Alliance Bank, Cedar and 6th. Fire’s already on the way, we just need some crowd control.”

“Roger. Heading out.”

Alright. Ruin and Kind’s mission was successful. So far, so good. Once more, your vision whites out.

Where is Daisy?

Unlike the previous visions, this does not resolve itself from whiteness. It is just a blank slate. You sit and wait, thinking something must be wrong. But the vision never comes. It is like Daisy does not exist. You pull yourself out of your sight, the shed popping back into reality. You ruminate on the lack of Daisy and over the next hour attempt to see her again and again, but she does not appear to you.

As you are thinking on this, a car pulls into the park parking lot, and two men get out. They are bundled against the cold, even in the darkness you can see their breath puffing away. And even from this distance you can see one has a gear tattoo peeking out from his coat collar. They look around them as they approach the sculpture and start touching it. You frown at this. You need to be in physical proximity to the Infrastructure along with your Ring being close to theirs in order to try to suborn it. These two will make it difficult.

3. How do we deal with these guys?
J Just sit and hide, if they stick around when the timer goes off, we’ll miss our chance to do anything.
K Walk up and pretend to be with them. Just a normal human...I wanna say cultist?
L Actually, use Authorized to try to kick them out.
M Assuming these cultists, go demonic and pretend to be an Angel.
N Just go full Demon and kill them good.
O We still have the gun, shoot them.
P No need to kill, we can beat them up and knock them out.
Q Something else.

4. Do you drop your Clairvoyant Sight Demon power?
R Yes, spend the Aether to look totally human.
S No, we’ll keep the glowing eyes. We’ll need to roll Compromise if these guys see us, because we’re clearly not normal human at this point.

Exceptional Success in our Compromise for switching on Clairvoyant sight. So, we get a Beat and a Willpower back, and Mabin is totally cool with Breaking and Entering.

Larson (eventually) negotiated the signs and those are set up. Ruin and Kind built 4 explosives, but only 3 worked.

Daisy cannot be reached. That means a few things. 1) shes dead, 2) She’s magically hidden from us, or 3) She’s not in this reality any more.

As a heads up: All voting is Approval Voting unless noted.

CYOA Discord Server - If you have questions feel free to ask in the thread or here.

Rules: From Kickstarter Preview

Character Sheet

World Map

Dice Rolls

Conspiracy/Plot Board

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. AD
2. I
3. JK
4. R

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 28, 2018

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Why are the tunnels a target?

2I
3MNP
Whatever it is, we need to be quiet.
4R

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1D Self destruct feedback loop. While the california building seems ideal, the river is still a confounding factor, the river makes things glitchy. Attempting to triangulate the statues to somewhere across town could get real bad if the river in the middle of them causes things to go south, the destruction could land anywhere. Feeding the power back into the structure itself seems like the safest and probably easiest option.

2I Moroni having his own place seems best.

3PO Bamboozling them seems risky when we're so terrible at deception. Violence is easier. And hey, once we knock them out we can steal a warm coat. Win!

4R While it could come in handy to see what else is going on, the risk of not being aware of our body's surroundings is too great.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Kavak posted:

Why are the tunnels a target?

They are the only Capitol-specific structure you know of. I mean the Capitol hasn't done anything to us. But if you wanted to create some instability...

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

1 D
2 GI
3 LNOP
4 R

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1D

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Q. Use What's In My Pocket, pull out the biggest Thermite Charge we can handle, go invisible, place it on the center of the sculpture, get out of sight. Detonate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1.D If we can't have it no one else can.
2. Could we try to use Maroni to turn the Super?
3.P Unless they're packing something dangerously magical, we should be able to take them as a mortal.
4.R

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 28, 2018