Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ranked matches just take too long for me. Yeah, the rounds are shorter, but first to 4 is somehow way more draining than first to 3. Especially if you tie 3-3 and it goes into overtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
plane is the only map i play glaz on, I am part of the problem

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

plane is the only map i play glaz on, I am part of the problem

To be fair, it's like, the only map he's properly good on. Like, he can still be useful on other maps like Clubhouse and House, but yeah, he's just so good on Plane. I think they should put more of the window blinds down, so he doesn't have a perfect/uninterrupted view of the port side of the plane. (Or maybe make it so that defenders can slide them down manually, but that's no doubt asking too much...plus that could be annoying as hell to do, 2-3 times in a game)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Major Isoor posted:

To be fair, it's like, the only map he's properly good on. Like, he can still be useful on other maps like Clubhouse and House, but yeah, he's just so good on Plane. I think they should put more of the window blinds down, so he doesn't have a perfect/uninterrupted view of the port side of the plane. (Or maybe make it so that defenders can slide them down manually, but that's no doubt asking too much...plus that could be annoying as hell to do, 2-3 times in a game)

What about my idea of, glaz can shoot through windows on plane, but once he shoots through one, defenders can now shoot back out of it?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Bananana posted:

What about my idea of, glaz can shoot through windows on plane, but once he shoots through one, defenders can now shoot back out of it?

Yeah, that's a good point! Then you can wait for Glaz to be distracted by someone else, then pop up and shoot him on the wing.

Also, as a side-note, is it just me who thinks that everybody should be highlighted yellow in Glaz's scope, not just hostiles? It wouldn't matter much for good Glaz players, but it'll mean that there are a lot more friendly-fire and hostage-killing, with bad Glaz players! :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The Bananana posted:

That's already how it works though.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Bananana posted:

That is how it works it's just that you can only shoot through the holes his bullet makes until he blows out the entire window, so it's really challenging.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They're changing the recoil system, but claim that it's very close to the original system (!?!??!) so....ok?

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I think that's how it worked in year 1. Now the window don't get shot out or get any bullet hole. You literally have multiple run out points on the opposite side of the plane while Glaz has no cover at any position that'll give him good sight line into the windows.

Not sure why people want variety from different objective site when the very reason why people don't play these sites in ranked is because they are close to impossible to defend and plain badly thought out.

(why yes, let's put the bomb right next to the door with windows on all sides of the room and only two rotate and two possible jump out that's 100% claymore'd. Or let's just have roof hatches for no reason on a site that already has 3 external soft walls.)

pedro0930 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 27, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

LOL Lion is getting rocked. Down to 2 scans, the outline stops the moment you stop moving, and the cooldown is doubled to 20 seconds.

Get_Flanked had a good idea, he said Lion should have to look at his arm for the entire scan wind-up and execution, so he was basically out of the fight for the duration of the scan. So the Defenders know that the Attackers are a man down for the whole scan.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Where are these changes? Didn't think Lion was that bad down my lovely silver iv region.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Cav's silent step needs to be immune to Lion's scan.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Flipswitch posted:

Where are these changes? Didn't think Lion was that bad down my lovely silver iv region.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS/comments/87jmi5/test_server_notes/

Lion's currently 100% pick in pro-league - every round, every attacking team picks him - and single-handedly shuts down retakes and allows roamers to get pinched and killed all the time.

Was watching NA pro-league on and off while I did some chores last night and Lion was directly responsible for one match of EG vs Spacestation on Clubhouse where the Attackers literally won every round but the very last one (the defenders were so desperate they were trying wild strats and picking guys like Rook and poo poo to try literally any strategy to stop each other. I'll say that again: Rook was getting picked in Pro League! It was awesome but also stupid).

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 27, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

slap me and kiss me posted:

Cav's silent step needs to be immune to Lion's scan.

gently caress no!
Cav's Silent Step needs to stop being immune to Jackal, is what it needs.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Jack Trades posted:

gently caress no!

The worst opinion. Immortalized.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Jack Trades posted:

gently caress no!

This should be on a wall of bad opinions

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

slap me and kiss me posted:

The worst opinion. Immortalized.

The Duggler posted:

This should be on a wall of bad opinions

Let me guess.
Y'all are the people that are still upset about Jäger's ACOG?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

LOL Lion is getting rocked. Down to 2 scans, the outline stops the moment you stop moving, and the cooldown is doubled to 20 seconds.

Get_Flanked had a good idea, he said Lion should have to look at his arm for the entire scan wind-up and execution, so he was basically out of the fight for the duration of the scan. So the Defenders know that the Attackers are a man down for the whole scan.

this doesn't do much to stop imo what makes lion strongest, which is the ability to pretty much neuter retakes.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this doesn't do much to stop imo what makes lion strongest, which is the ability to pretty much neuter retakes.

I agree, looking at his wrist can't be the only thing they do. I think everyone agrees he should only have 2 scans...where they go from there is up to them.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Jack Trades posted:

gently caress no!

Why should they get rid of the only counter in the game to getting jackal tracked?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think they've designed themselves into a corner. you can't make the scan duration much shorter without making the character useless, but if the scan is functional it pretty much gives attackers all the information they need for insane objective claims/perfect retake holds.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Maybe only Lion can see the outlines? IDK I agree that he breaks a core concept, kind of like Blackbeard.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Jack Trades posted:

Let me guess.

No?

tjones
May 13, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS/comments/87jmi5/test_server_notes/

Lion's currently 100% pick in pro-league - every round, every attacking team picks him - and single-handedly shuts down retakes and allows roamers to get pinched and killed all the time.

Was watching NA pro-league on and off while I did some chores last night and Lion was directly responsible for one match of EG vs Spacestation on Clubhouse where the Attackers literally won every round but the very last one (the defenders were so desperate they were trying wild strats and picking guys like Rook and poo poo to try literally any strategy to stop each other. I'll say that again: Rook was getting picked in Pro League! It was awesome but also stupid).

EG has always ran weird strats, and they've preferred Rook over Doc. They are probably the most entertaining team to watch due to their outside the box strats while being arguably the best (or second best) team in the league.

Lion should have never been added to the game. Group active abilities are dumb. Wall hack abilities are dumb. One that has only one counter that is operator and location/utility specific is insane.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my rook pickrate is probably something nuts, like 89 percent. please pick rook.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

My dudes I agree with you. Lion is not well designed. It's funny that everyone (including me) thought Finka was going to be a similar level of power and she hasn't done poo poo.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 27, 2018

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Maybe only Lion can see the outlines? IDK I agree that he breaks a core concept, kind of like Blackbeard.

They maybe should do that, but they won’t because their design idea for Finka and Lion are team wide effects and they won’t give that up

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

keyframe posted:

Why should they get rid of the only counter in the game to getting jackal tracked?

Jackal's ability is already a double-edged sword, you can just as easily use the fact that you're being tracked to lure Jackal into a trap.
Jackal's gadget is already way worse than Dokkaebi's, it really doesn't need an effortless hard counter on top of that, IMO.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

My dudes I agree with you. Lion is not well designed. It's funny that everyone (including me) thought Finka was going to be a similar level of power and she hasn't done poo poo.

They might have slightly overtuned her, they did nerf her a bit before she hit live servers if I remember correctly.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The new ops just both need gadgets that for ten seconds damage everyone on the attacking team for 20 anytime any one of them uses their own gadgets. also they can use them four times

Game is now rebalanced, hire me

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Jack Trades posted:

Let me guess.

Guessing wrong.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

Jackal's ability is already a double-edged sword, you can just as easily use the fact that you're being tracked to lure Jackal into a trap.
Jackal's gadget is already way worse than Dokkaebi's, it really doesn't need an effortless hard counter on top of that, IMO.

If Jackal doesn't have a teammate drone out and help cut off the roamer then he's a big dummy imo and should change his name to Jerkel. The tracking lasts a long time, he doesn't have to run right at them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If Jackal doesn't have a teammate drone out and help cut off the roamer then he's a big dummy imo and should change his name to Jerkel. The tracking lasts a long time, he doesn't have to run right at them.

he fact that Jackal needs a support team to not get owned by his own ability definitely proves the fact that it's good.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
You can fix Lion by forcing him to go on his phone when he scans (giving him a top down view of the map from his flying drone's POV), and maybe by making it so he's the only guy who actually sees the outlines and has to do sicknasty call-outs to his friends.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

he fact that Jackal needs a support team to not get owned by his own ability definitely proves the fact that it's good.

Absolutely, there's no other operators who need the assistance of their team to make the most of their ability. (huh?!??!)

Also again there's so many instances where it's not a trap and it's perfectly effective, I feel like you had some bad experiences as Jackal and have maybe taken it personally. Well I'l let you know something: I absolutely 100% suck as Blitz and am terrible, if it were up to me he would get a buff...luckily it's not up to me. Jackal is good and once Lion is toned down he'll come back again IMO. Lion is eating his lunch for pinching roamers right now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Absolutely, there's no other operators who need the assistance of their team to make the most of their ability. (huh?!??!)

Also again there's so many instances where it's not a trap and it's perfectly effective, I feel like you had some bad experiences as Jackal and have maybe taken it personally. Well I'l let you know something: I absolutely 100% suck as Blitz and am terrible, if it were up to me he would get a buff...luckily it's not up to me. Jackal is good and once Lion is toned down he'll come back again IMO. Lion is eating his lunch for pinching roamers right now.

Jackal is still my most played attacker.
I'm not saying he's terrible, I'm just saying that his anti-roaming ability isn't anywhere near amazing enough to require an effortless hard counter by a roamer.
Dokkaebi has a much better anti-roamer ability and it cannot be countered by any roamer, for example.

Also, Blitz just got a buff 3 weeks ago, soooo :shrug:

tjones
May 13, 2005
To add to the Finka chat: I absolutely do not like playing with her on my team.

I play bomb almost exclusively, and I am the bomb carrier a lot. Not only has she gotten me killed by popping her ability mid firefight and causing me to briefly aim at an ops kneecaps, but a bad timed stim will absolutely destroy you if you hit a lesion mine or get smoked, which happens a lot when you are trying to plant or even bait a plant.

Being a drug addled Ash tear assing through the map is fun, but against competent teams, there is a huge variety of operators that are much more useful than she is on all the maps.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Deltasquid posted:

You can fix Lion by forcing him to go on his phone when he scans (giving him a top down view of the map from his flying drone's POV), and maybe by making it so he's the only guy who actually sees the outlines and has to do sicknasty call-outs to his friends.

I think you've hit on something: just making him the only one who sees it would help - makes him more like Pulse in that respect (or Echo, considering Yokai can't mark people).

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Jack Trades posted:

Just want to immortalize this too. Dude, Jackal being able to say, "Hey there was doods here" without pinging them, with one of the better assault rifles in the game doesn't exactly make him bad. The fact that you can then make people do dumb things just by holding F on them adds to it. Also Mute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Reminded that Ubi officially doesn't ban people for exploiting glitches.

https://streamable.com/jc3gd