Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

VERTiG0 posted:

I made burgs on Friday night with 75/25, half pound patty each, and used 1tbsp of black bean & garlic sauce per pound mixed in with the beef before I formed the patties.

Is this heresy? It was so good. I then grilled them in my good ol' Weber Performer charcoal grill.

Nothin' heretical about getting creative with your burgs. My folks mix in that Laughing Cow cheese with their chicken burgs whenever they make em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
for my friends that sometimes get annoyed with burgs sticking to the spatula after a righteous smash, i recommend placing one of these over your burg ball beforehand:

test drove my theory tonight and it worked like a charm

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Parchment paper works just as well with the advantage of not being specialized to do exactly one thing

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

From my time in deli, those actually have infinite uses

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
toilet paper doesn't count.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
One of my favorite burgin' tools I have is a classic Tupperware hamburger press and freezer tubs.

Makes perfect patties every time and you can freeze them individually for future burgin.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I've never seen a burger press that makes a patty big enough.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Has anyone tried a tortilla press to make really thin patties? 🤔

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Why would you need a tortilla press when you have one of these spatulas??????

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

VERTiG0 posted:

I've never seen a burger press that makes a patty big enough.

I think my press is about 6" in diameter and with about a 6oz burg ball, it makes a half inch burg patty. Note, this isn't ideal for smash burgs, instead for good cookout grillin burgs.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

My spatulas all suck so I just smash my burgs with my hand. You got meat juices on there already...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Just one hard, loving slap down on the beef

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Form meat into football shape, spike onto hot surface

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Democratic Pirate posted:

Form meat into football shape, spike onto hot surface

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

kloa posted:

Has anyone tried a tortilla press to make really thin patties? 🤔

I just got one for my birthday and this is exactly what it's first use was. So good, especially if you use wax paper.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Making smash burgers, listening to S Y N T H W A V E, loving life

They were well received.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Gwaihir posted:

Why would you need a tortilla press when you have one of these spatulas??????

Sir, there appears to be a pupper in that picture of yours, and I do believe this thread deserves a more complete image of that good boy. :colbert:

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Where do you get square yellow pickles

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Sir, there appears to be a pupper in that picture of yours, and I do believe this thread deserves a more complete image of that good boy. :colbert:

That was a friend's dog that I was watching while he was out of town, sadly I don't think I have any other pics with him in it!

I do have these though:
(oh dear god my kitchen's floor is loving atrocious in real light kill me now)

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Morales posted:

Where do you get square yellow pickles

Would pickled pineapple be any good? Or would that be fermented? Pineapple Kimchi?

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

CannonFodder posted:

Making smash burgers, listening to S Y N T H W A V E, loving life

They were well received.

I bought a cast iron griddle specifically for smash burgers because it was too hard to peel them with the edge of the ban.

This one specifically: https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LPGI3-Reversible-Griddle-10-44-inch/dp/B00008GKDQ

Smash burgering it up on the grill is op btw, nice choice.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Paper With Lines posted:

I bought a cast iron griddle specifically for smash burgers because it was too hard to peel them with the edge of the ban.

This one specifically: https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LPGI3-Reversible-Griddle-10-44-inch/dp/B00008GKDQ

Smash burgering it up on the grill is op btw, nice choice.

Nice choice. You'll notice they'll use it in a lot of cooking shows if you watch them.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Fenris13 posted:

Would pickled pineapple be any good? Or would that be fermented? Pineapple Kimchi?

Wouldn't the acid and enzymes in pinapple make pickling tricky?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nice choice. You'll notice they'll use it in a lot of cooking shows if you watch them.

Yeah I got one about a year before I watched Chopped, and it was in every episode. It felt like seeing friend.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
Reading through this thread over the last few days has made crave a burg something bad... then as I’m driving I see a sign for Culver’s “Pretzel Haus Pub Burger” and lunch is decided.

Based on the order placard I received I knew good things were about to happen

Hey, good lookin’ Haus it going?

Let’s take a peek inside there...

This was a good burger. Pretzel bun was tasty and held together. The smashed patties were, as always at Culver’s, delicious. The Wisconsin cheddar slices were good, and the Wisconsin cheddar sauce even had a little horseradish flavor to it that I wasn’t expecting. Last but not least the “in-house” pickled onions were crisp and delicious and went perfect on this burger.

Thank you to the burger thread for making me eat a satisfying burger lunch today.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

My buddy keeps telling me about Culvers :swoon:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Would eat the gently caress outta that burger. I wish that's a chain that had spots where I am.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Nice. I just saw that advertised. I might have to check that out cuz that looks delicious as gently caress.

OTOH fries? :cmon:

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Culvers is the best chain smashed burger out there imo. They also have those 5 dollar baskets which are fries, a pop and some sort of burger that are great deals if you're craving one but don't want to make one.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I've still never managed to make a burger as good as Culver's

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Casu Marzu posted:

Nice. I just saw that advertised. I might have to check that out cuz that looks delicious as gently caress.

Curds for life.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Casu Marzu posted:

The fries weren’t bad, but the curds are definitely their best side. Lesson learned!

If I want fries it’s either Five Guys for their cajun fries or Penn Station East Coast Subs for the best fries... ever.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Five Guys' hamburgers are so tasteless from all the times I've tried them but damnit if the fries aren't good. Pro tactic is to get an order of fries then go to burger place of choice.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

ChaseSP posted:

Five Guys' hamburgers are so tasteless from all the times I've tried them but damnit if the fries aren't good. Pro tactic is to get an order of fries then go to burger place of choice.

I've come to that conclusion as well, I often go just for a massive greasy bag of Cajun fries

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I've never had good fries at five guys and don't think you can ever really have good fries with the "Cut fresh potatos dump straight in to oil" method that they use.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Modus Man posted:

Reading through this thread over the last few days has made crave a burg something bad... then as I’m driving I see a sign for Culver’s “Pretzel Haus Pub Burger” and lunch is decided.

Based on the order placard I received I knew good things were about to happen

Hey, good lookin’ Haus it going?

Let’s take a peek inside there...

This was a good burger. Pretzel bun was tasty and held together. The smashed patties were, as always at Culver’s, delicious. The Wisconsin cheddar slices were good, and the Wisconsin cheddar sauce even had a little horseradish flavor to it that I wasn’t expecting. Last but not least the “in-house” pickled onions were crisp and delicious and went perfect on this burger.

Thank you to the burger thread for making me eat a satisfying burger lunch today.

Bepretzeled burgers are blasphemy :colbert:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Gwaihir posted:

I've never had good fries at five guys and don't think you can ever really have good fries with the "Cut fresh potatos dump straight in to oil" method that they use.

I'm a huge potato lover, so I embrace many types of fry. Five Guys makes an ideal bag of intermittently crispy, heavily-seasoned potato mush that washes down perfectly with a session IPA.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Gwaihir posted:

I like in n out's fresh cut dumped in oil fries because they have such a nice strong potato-ey flavor. Not all fries need to be crispy for me, though you can request "well done" fries and they will get crisp but they're shoestring so meh.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The problem with In n out is their fries massively drop in quality the longer you wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ChaseSP posted:

The problem with In n out is their fries massively drop in quality the longer you wait.

Yea, that's the problem with any single fried fry.

e: I don't remember if I posted this pic here before but it has both dogge and fry content so