Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love that Zari just straight up refused to tell Rory about what she was doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
well. Well that wasn't how I expected that reveal to go.

Really glad they axed the relationship drama half an episode after it happened. Still not 100% clear why they have to stay broken up but "holy poo poo I'm a loving clone" is a pretty good reason to continue to re-evaluate your lovelife.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chokes McGee posted:

well. Well that wasn't how I expected that reveal to go.

Really glad they axed the relationship drama half an episode after it happened. Still not 100% clear why they have to stay broken up but "holy poo poo I'm a loving clone" is a pretty good reason to continue to re-evaluate your lovelife.

And this episode seems to be leading straight into the next one so by the finale they'll probably either be humping like bunnies or Ava will die.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else notice that Ray did the Jedi Mind Trick hand wave when talking to the Avas?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Anyone else notice that Ray did the Jedi Mind Trick hand wave when talking to the Avas?

gently caress yeah he did :allears:

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Also he said it was the second worst attack of the clones he's seen.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I'm Ray's sad face when he got shot down as temporary captain of the Waverider.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So does Ray just not carry his suit around anymore?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I sometimes wonder that and then I realize its just budget stuff and shrug and move on because Ray's more fun out of the suit.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just assume the that ATOM suit is a force-appropriate response thing. Room full of Avas? Let Sara handle this and maybe punch one of the ones she didn't gently caress up. Grodd and the Darhks show up? Okay, put the suit on Ray.

Also yeah the real answer is it's probably stupid expensive to have out and about on set and do CGI for. Plus it's probably uncomfortable as hell, and yeah, like others have save Brandon Routh is not the kind of man you put in a costume that covers most of his face for long periods of time because that man is handsome as gently caress.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 28, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They probably only have one suit and it keeps breaking.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I just assume the that ATOM suit is a force-appropriate response thing. Room full of Avas? Let Sara handle this and maybe punch one of the ones she didn't gently caress up. Grodd and the Darhks show up? Okay, put the suit on Ray.

Also yeah the real answer is it's probably stupid expensive to have out and about on set and do CGI for. Plus it's probably uncomfortable as hell, and yeah, like others have save Brandon Routh is not the kind of man you put in a costume that covers most of his face for long periods of time because that man is handsome as gently caress.

They should've made Routh the Big Red Cheese. He's got the looks for it and he can pull off the sweet naieve personality well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just kind of laugh that Ray is quickly becoming the only person without super powers thanks to the totems. He doesn't even have Martin and Jax around to do the same "I could have powers if I tried but I'm not" thing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Xelkelvos posted:

They should've made Routh the Big Red Cheese. He's got the looks for it and he can pull off the sweet naieve personality well.

... they did.

15 years ago.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

... they did.

15 years ago.

(Big Red Cheese is Captain Marvel)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
oh. doy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I just kind of laugh that Ray is quickly becoming the only person without super powers thanks to the totems. He doesn't even have Martin and Jax around to do the same "I could have powers if I tried but I'm not" thing.

There's always the Earth Totem. That one hasn't found a bearer yet :eng101: Notice how when they tried passing it around to everyone while Death Totem Sara stocked the ship and it didn't activate for anyone, Ray was unconscious at the time and thus never got the chance to try it. 🤔

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're probably going to have to take all the totems off the table by the end of the season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No, no. I WANT Ray to be the only one without powers. I think its hilarious and a perfect place for Ray. I'm waiting for the episode where he's jealous that Nate is spending so much time with Wally.

Also I'm still hoping for random Swamp Thing.

muscles like this! posted:

They're probably going to have to take all the totems off the table by the end of the season.

Some of them, for sure. You'd assume Zari and Amaya would keep theirs, although at some point Amaya's gotta go back and have a kid and clearly that story is playing out now. Death is probably gonna get buried because its dangerous. Mick COULD keep the fire one but he could just as easily lose it and it actually has some kind of paradox issues with the Vixen web series, I think. And who knows about the water and earth ones as they don't have holders right now.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 28, 2018

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I hope someone tells Obama that he has to "Run, Barry, run!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bentacos posted:

I hope someone tells Obama that he has to "Run, Barry, run!"

:vince: Holy gently caress that's a great use of that line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll die happy if they make that happen. Plz LoT writers, I believe in you.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

They probably only have one suit and it keeps breaking.

*wiggling little action figure* Good point, Rhyno!

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

No, no. I WANT Ray to be the only one without powers. I think its hilarious and a perfect place for Ray.

I'm hoping that in the final fight against Mallus, at that point where everyone's getting defeated and all hope is lost, Ray makes a dive for the earth totem that's ended up on the ground near him, which activates and causes a giant boulder to form above Mallus. Ray looks at the totem, realises his thumb is on the centre of the totem, then smiles and swipes down.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Now I'll be mad if that doesn't happen.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I caught a little bit of Superman II the other day and it's uncanny how much of Reeve's performance Routh channels. He really was perfectly cast as Supes, although for his specific movie he was probably too young.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

I caught a little bit of Superman II the other day and it's uncanny how much of Reeve's performance Routh channels. He really was perfectly cast as Supes, although for his specific movie he was probably too young.

That's exactly why he was cast. Singer specifically told him to "be Reeve, being Superman" over and over again. A lot of critics didn't care for it. If Returns had been a stand alone relaunch he might have continued in the role.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Returns wasn't on par with what we've come to expect from contemporary superhero movies like the MCU and the Black knight trilogy; but it was a decent movie that was 10x better than anything Snyder has made for the DC Film universe. Routh deserved a sequel. Although having Kevin Spacey as Lex would have eventually become problematic.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Superman Returns had problems but Routh was definitely not one of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Returns came before the MCU so there wasn't anything over there to measure it against. It held up to the existing Marvel movies just fine though.

The biggest problem with the film was Bryan Singer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of wonder if this season is going to end with Amaya going back to her own time because they sure are talking about it a bunch. They can only put it off for so long before it loses its impact.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'm guessing the writers don'w want to open the door of the most obvious solution: Cloning.
They clone Amaya, send one back to live out the life she's supposed to live so time stays on course and the original Amaya stays on the Waverider and uses one of the other totems like Earth, Water (when they get it back) or the DEATH-TÖTEM!!! :black101:

Also Black Canary: Make a clone of Laurel (one that's not actually alive. Like, 3d print a dead body) and have Wally superspeed it in to replace her at the last moment.
Boom, you have Laurel on the Waverider, you get to keep Amaya on board, and you get wacky time travel hijinks.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Man, I love all the actors on the show and they all fit their parts very well, but I don't think anyone can deny that Brandon is the most accomplished actor there. It must be v difficult to get that balance of genius, idiocy and good heartedness right on a consistent basis.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Returns came before the MCU so there wasn't anything over there to measure it against. It held up to the existing Marvel movies just fine though.

The biggest problem with the film was Bryan Singer.

It wasn't as good as Batman Begins or Spiderman 1&2; which were the major contemporaneous superhero movies. I'd put in on par with the X-men franchise as it was at the time. The only truly great X-men movie was Logan. It was a drat sight better than Man of Steel or Batman vs Superman.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I wonder if we're going to eventually get a Malcolmesque heel turn from Darhk and have him eventually join up with the legends. Would make for wonderfully awkward shenanigans in the next crossover.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

8one6 posted:

I'm guessing the writers don'w want to open the door of the most obvious solution: Cloning.
Well, the latest episode did show the Legends where/when there are machines that can make a perfect clone in about ten seconds.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

8one6 posted:

They clone Amaya, send one back to live out the life she's supposed to live so time stays on course and the original Amaya stays on the Waverider and uses one of the other totems like Earth, Water (when they get it back) or the DEATH-TÖTEM!!! :black101:

Also Black Canary: Make a clone of Laurel (one that's not actually alive. Like, 3d print a dead body) and have Wally superspeed it in to replace her at the last moment.
Boom, you have Laurel on the Waverider, you get to keep Amaya on board, and you get wacky time travel hijinks.

Wally can just make TIME REMNANTS of them.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

I wonder if we're going to eventually get a Malcolmesque heel turn from Darhk and have him eventually join up with the legends. Would make for wonderfully awkward shenanigans in the next crossover.

Darhk is an irredeemable Joker level sociopath and the fact Nate was able to exploit his moment of weakness for hijinks does not a redemption storyline make.

Sadly.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
yup

how people forget raj al ghul was the good cop when they were dealing with him (and beforehand).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Merlyn made his daughter a killer but would draw the line at demon possession I think. I like Darkh evil and not everyone is or should be redeemable. Do want to see him entirely crushed in the end