Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next program to get shut down?
This poll is closed.
for the love of god please coach k 85 53.13%
Kansas 25 15.63%
Kentucky 21 13.13%
Some MVC team that no one cares about 29 18.13%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Louisville confirming they’ve poached Chris Mack.

edit: Tubby to High Point.

elentar fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

elentar posted:

Man, he's been there in some capacity since 2004. That's rough.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

elentar posted:

edit: Tubby to High Point.

Lmao yeah and he immediately is calling all the kids he was recruiting for Xavier.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean, why not it's just an hour and a half southwest

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

pubic works project posted:

Lmao yeah and he immediately is calling all the kids he was recruiting for Xavier.

Is this really surprising?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

vikingstrike posted:

Is this really surprising?

No because he's a big piece of poo poo.

I just think it's a really classless thing to do. Holtmann didn't do it when he left Butler for OSU (one ended up following him anyways).

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
If you think it’s unique to him when he gets a new job then lol. It’s ok to just hate him because he’s a douche

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Nm I thought these kids had verballed. He's still an rear end in a top hat.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Part of the hiring of a coach is the understanding that said coach will try to bring the kids he's been recruiting to his new job. See: Calipari.

Not that he's the best example of why a person isn't a douche.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Only honorable thing to do is hire a coach who is out of work and forbidden from recruiting until a month after he's hired.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It seems things with Arizona are dire but not as dire as it originally seemed because players are still at least returning Sean Miller's calls and Arizona has snuck its way into at least some consideration from many of the remaining good players, and is in position for some good graduate transfers. Most of that consideration seems to be waiting to see if the other shoe drops in the FBI thing and I don't know if that will be resolved in time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Duke can suck my metaphorical dick from the back.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Tony Bennett CotY

Regular season award and all, but lol

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Missing the joke. Bring us up to speed?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I’m sure with your advanced critical thinking skills you can connect the dots. I trust you.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Rumors of Alford to Xavier, which, ahahaha.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Tony Bennet is the coach of UVa you imbecile.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Giving him Coach of the Year is practically salting the wound

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

PotatoJudge posted:

PLEASE NO

EDIT: where did you see this I can find nothing

FrankeeFrankFrank fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 29, 2018

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

PLEASE NO

EDIT: where did you see this I can find nothing

https://twitter.com/Jason_Fray/status/979230054000427009

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

VanSandman posted:

Tony Bennet is the coach of UVa you imbecile.
I'm the one who's aware they went 31-3, 20-1 against the ACC, and you're calling me the imbecile? Good post bro.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I'm the one who's aware they went 31-3, 20-1 against the ACC, and you're calling me the imbecile? Good post bro.

He probably deserves it... but it will also be a painful reminder of how this season ended for him.

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Yeah that's all the articles about CotY are mentioning, this will be remembered forever as the year Tony Bennett went 20-1 in the ACC

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PotatoJudge posted:

Say what you will about him as a coach and person (bad at being both) but he is SO good at getting out of a job before he can get fired

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

you see it's funny because he got blown out by a 16 seed in the first round

did you see that?

it was very funny

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Tony Bennett Coach of the Year Except For That One Game Award

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Just take the L, dude.

Next year UVA will be underrated again in all the polls, will outperform expectations, and might actually do something in the tournament. But till they make a Final Four (and probably, until they win a championship), this big-rear end inkblot is what people are going to see on Bennett's resume, and it's probably the thing he's going to be associated with for the rest of his career.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Bragging about regular season trophies is similar to saying you're a champion of life, imo.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

pubic works project posted:

Lmao never change Xavier.

In fairness, all coaching changes should give the players a free transfer option.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Admiral Schofield declared for the draft but isn't hiring an agent. Is basketball the same as football in that as soon as you hire an agent you're 100% done in college?

e: nm

https://247sports.com/college/tenne...esseeVolunteers

quote:

Tennessee junior All-SEC forward Admiral Schofield will declare for the NBA Draft but not hire an agent, the player tweeted Thursday night.

Schofield, a versatile, 6-foot-5 wing, started taking the leap from good player to great player late this season for the Vols, and he carried the team in the postseason.

NBA rules allow players to declare for the draft one time without hiring an agent and then return to school, and it’s widely believed that Schofield will return to Tennessee for his senior season.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Admiral Schofield declared for the draft but isn't hiring an agent. Is basketball the same as football in that as soon as you hire an agent you're 100% done in college?

Yeah. The article you posted is actually wrong though.
They changed the rule so you can declare without hiring an agent as many times as you want as long as you pull out by a certain deadline (you used to only be able to do it once). Once you hire an agent you lose your eligibility but if you have NBA aspirations there is basically no downside to declaring every year

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 29, 2018

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn AD and president made explicit statements confirming Bruce Pearl will return barring any new developments directly implicating him.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
How is this year's draft class supposed to be? If it's weak, he might be trying to get out before a better cohort next year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

vikingstrike posted:

How is this year's draft class supposed to be? If it's weak, he might be trying to get out before a better cohort next year.

I've been hearing on the radio recently that's it's pretty deep

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

IcePhoenix posted:

I've been hearing on the radio recently that's it's pretty deep

Ah nvm then.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's pretty good at the top and then takes a pretty significant drop imo, but he'd struggle to get drafted. There still isn't any harm in going through the predraft process and seeing where you stand

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
It's a shame about the lovely early season losses and Watkins getting hurt. This PSU team could have won a few games in the tournament with how well they've played. Oh well, I'll take another NIT championship I guess

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Roasted Donut posted:

It's a shame about the lovely early season losses and Watkins getting hurt. This PSU team could have won a few games in the tournament with how well they've played. Oh well, I'll take another NIT championship I guess

I hope Tony Carr comes back

PSU could really be something next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This class is very good but the top is so strong that many might wait until next year which looks bad. The end effect may be that both classes average out.

Next year looks like a bad year to have a top pick though. People are going to go gaga for Zion Williamson dunks (they already are) but good luck with a 6-6 Big. I think I’d rather draft Nassir Little based on that game

• Locked thread