Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Jack Trades posted:

Street Overlord on PCP Station is the realest of the fighters, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lckkz6cTSZw

For a second I thought this was related to Stree Overlord (completely different, but amusingly still topical, product) and I was very confused.

But if we are going to open the door to Tiger Electroncs esque stuff, the abyss is endless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

No joke, this looks sick. (And I love it when old Warhammer ripoffs look better than modern GW licensed games, so. Okay watching more it's clearly just generic fantasy, but the sprites are still great.)

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 27, 2018

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

A.o.D. posted:

Is it weird that I like how that game looks?
it's appealingly crummy

b-movie vibes on the other hand, this just rules.

I love that skeleton horse rider's horse stays standing and walks over to him when he's knocked down.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 27, 2018

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Gutter Owl posted:

No joke, this looks sick. (And I love it when old Warhammer ripoffs look better than modern GW licensed games, so. Okay watching more it's clearly just generic fantasy, but the sprites are still great.)

It's actually a pretty decent fighter

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
The axedwarf's literal corner-carry throw is so good.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

but real talk Saturday Night Slam Masters

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The greatest fighting game is Neo Turf Masters

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Smoking Crow posted:

The greatest fighting game is Super Spike Volleyball

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Neo geo cup 98 is better than that but neither are as good as Neo Turf Masters

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Smoking Crow posted:

aussie dude forever

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

when raph does one of his special movies on tmnt it sounds like he is saying a dirty word

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

when raph does one of his special movies on tmnt it sounds like he is saying a dirty word

raphael is cool, but crude

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
where's pong, the original fighting game

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Anybody tried out the multiplayer in Pyre? Seems like there's some potential there. Gotta play with level 0 dudes though, some of those ability trees are fuking broke.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Anybody tried out the multiplayer in Pyre? Seems like there's some potential there. Gotta play with level 0 dudes though, some of those ability trees are fuking broke.

...Why?

I thought Pyre's gameplay was dumb as gently caress FWIW, but didnt expect it to ever come up in this thread.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

For years I legitemately thought Neo Turf Masters was a wrestling game in the style of Saturday Night Slam Masters. I can't really explain why.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
The greatest fighting game is the original Video Game: Spacewar!

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

No....we all know the real greatest fighting game of all time.....

PONG KOMBAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OtF2l147b4

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.
So I'm planning on doing a fight stick build. My current plan is an American style panel with Happ parts (since I already have an HRAP4), but I'm not sure yet. Might do a DIY hitbox. Anyone have experience/suggestions?

E: target platform is PC, so I'll probably use that super cheap "zero delay USB encoder" that's going around.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Garnavis posted:

So I'm planning on doing a fight stick build. My current plan is an American style panel with Happ parts (since I already have an HRAP4), but I'm not sure yet. Might do a DIY hitbox. Anyone have experience/suggestions?

E: target platform is PC, so I'll probably use that super cheap "zero delay USB encoder" that's going around.

happ parts are dogshit now, get iL parts

iL is the company that made happ parts until they split a few years ago

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
turn around do not make an American stick

you'll have to get a custom case btw because the sticks need more vertical clearance

edit also a hitbox with American buttons is actually offensive

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.

Smoking Crow posted:

happ parts are dogshit now, get iL parts

iL is the company that made happ parts until they split a few years ago
Thanks for the tip!

Zand posted:

you'll have to get a custom case btw because the sticks need more vertical clearance
I should have mentioned that I'm planning on doing this because a friend of mine is helping me put together a custom case, so the dimensions can be whatever.

Zand posted:

edit also a hitbox with American buttons is actually offensive
The American parts build and the hitbox build are separate ideas. I'd use Japanese parts for the hitbox.

e: after doing some more research I'm rethinking the American parts idea. It'd be a fun novelty but probably not worth the time and money.

Garnavis fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 28, 2018

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Garnavis posted:

I built my first hitbox with the "zero delay usb encoder" it was great, came with all the cables I needed. That combined with a plastic A4 paper container, dremel and 24mm Sanwa buttons made for a cheap hitbox.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Biggz posted:

I built my first hitbox with the "zero delay usb encoder" it was great, came with all the cables I needed. That combined with a plastic A4 paper container, dremel and 24mm Sanwa buttons made for a cheap hitbox.

This sounds cool. How does it handle opposing directions being hit at the same time?

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Ptarmigans posted:

This sounds cool. How does it handle opposing directions being hit at the same time?

Up + Down = Down
Left + Right = Left

... which is a bit poo poo as inputs may not be consistent when you swap sides with the opponent.

The encoder can be had for £3 on ebay so we cant expect everything :P It's brilliant for the price if you want to make a (very) budget PC controller.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
"Real" hitboxes do up+down = up and left+right = neutral, so you can do tricky things like hold down-forward and tap back once to do the 323 dragonpunch shortcut in streetfighter, or hold forward and tap back to do a dash.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/soulcalibur/status/979433011761393664

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

gently caress yeah, I'm pumped. Any idea on who's playing in the exhibition?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wanna see some more Geralt.
I wonder if they're going to show him.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I wanna see some more Geralt.
I wonder if they're going to show him.

It'd be weird if they featured him in the picture in the tweet and then showed up with a build without him, but you never know.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SoulCalibur VI looks sweet

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
It does look fun. Though it’d be nice to see a newer build in action.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are the final two EX Layer characters (Hayate and "Sanane" from EX2), plus new designs for other EX characters that might come as DLC if the game doesn't totally bomb: (EDIT: and the KOF producer cosplaying as that goober with the boomerang from Kizuna Encounter)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VNCopxCe0

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 31, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I need this game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here are the final two EX Layer characters (Hayate and "Sanane" from EX2), plus new designs for other EX characters that might come as DLC if the game doesn't totally bomb: (EDIT: and the KOF producer cosplaying as that goober with the boomerang from Kizuna Encounter)

i love them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love everything about that video, especially that the chars are shown off in a featureless void taking up 1/5th of the screen

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
my favorite is the subtitles for nishitani that randomly stretch and squish between lines for no reason

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

arika loving owns and I hope FLEX sells a million copies

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I will definitely be one of those copies, the beta(or alpha?) was real fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
who would win, a guilty gear character with roman cancels and all their other tools, or a dbfz team