Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Chairchucker posted:

why what's wrong with it

NTRabbit posted:

No proof whatsoever he made contact with the head, but it stands anyway because they can't have the new tribunal guy becoming embattled two weeks into the job, straight after the AFL sold him up the river over Katie Brennan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Adelaide is the Infowars club

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That footage unambiguously shows his shoulder hitting his head, this is really weird. It isn't just NTRabbit, either. Everyone with an Adelaide symbol next to their name on bigfooty seems utterly convinced that this is a conspiracy. It's as if they watch that video linked earlier and their eyes just slide off the screen as if pushed away by a mysterious force.

Maybe Adelaide FC really is a spooky cult? It would explain a lot. The power stance, pretending to like Tex Walker, this bump

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I can only assume NTRabbit still has the blindfold on and is posting from a bus somewhere in the outback

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
And yet, if the tables were turned they'd be calling it four weeks.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Be honest Rabbit - are you gimmick posting now? I love my Crows but it's clear he hit his head.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
AFLW all Australian team

https://twitter.com/aflwomens/status/978552480614068224

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
good team. glad downie got a jumper, she was great this year (and was last year before getting injured)

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Too much injury time for E. Phillips I guess

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
This will only entertain Saints fans so my apologies to the rest of you:

https://vimeo.com/211067593

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
aleisha newman unsurpisingly wins goal of the year

she'd probably take it back to kick the one that hit the post against the dogs

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
All the awards from tonight:

2018 All Australian team:
https://twitter.com/aflwomens/status/978552480614068224

Goal of the Year: Aliesha Newman
https://twitter.com/aflwomens/status/978546875765702657

Mark of the Year: Tayla Harris
https://twitter.com/aflwomens/status/978546419136061440

2018 Rising Star: Chloe Molloy
https://twitter.com/aflwomens/status/978571058339958785

2018 Best & Fairest: - Emma Kearny (14 votes)
https://twitter.com/aflwomens/status/978574159084007424

Top 10 leadeboard:

Emma Kearny 14
Dana Hooker 9
Chloe Molloy 9
Courtney Gum 9
Ellie Blackburn 6
Daisy Pearce 6
Chelsea Randall 6
Sabrina Frederick-Traub 6
Ebony Marinoff 6
Karen Paxman 5

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Stop arguing about how terrible Adelaide and its players are (very) and instead enjoy some of the best moments of historie's most loved player.
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-03-27/fantastic-five-lennys-best-moments

Should have made it 6 and included when he bumped Paul Chapman into an early grave but mushing Swan into the grand final turf never ceases to give me a stiffy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

gay picnic defence posted:

Who are they after? Lynch? I guess they still need a big fish because landing Alex Morgan probably wasn't what their fans had in mind.

Emma Kearney, Caro is already saying that she's as good as signed for next season.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It gets more and more like scientology

quote:

Player divisions have emerged at the Adelaide Football Club, after captain Taylor Walker sent an angry group text message to his teammates on Monday night, demanding to know who leaked information about the pre-season camp.

Fairfax Media understands that several players, including one senior star, are reconsidering their future at the club after being left distraught by the Crows’ pre-season training camp.

While many players had no issue with what took place on the Gold Coast in late January, the camp and subsequent events have left some players questioning the club’s culture.

Walker’s reaction follows what Fairfax Media understands to be a group pact made by Adelaide players that the pre-season camp would not be discussed outside the club’s four walls.

The camp, which began on the Gold Coast in late January, focussed on the training of the mind and saw some players put through emotionally exhausting exercises and scenarios.

Players were ordered to hand in their mobile phones at the beginning of the camp and were told they were not allowed to have contact with family members for the duration.

Although no official complaints have been lodged, the camp has raised the ire of the AFL Players Association, who on Tuesday were attempting to get in contact with as many Adelaide footballers as possible.

“I’m led to believe theirs was quite unique,” former Richmond coach Danny Frawley said on AFL Nation.

“They went to a place in the Gold Coast and they thought they were going there. They had their shorts and they were in a bus and were basically blindfolded for about 24 hours in a bus.

“They were blindfolded and a guy was talking to them. They had food and didn’t know where they were going.

“It was more about the mind than physical … it was in the middle of Australia where they ended up.”

Crows captain Taylor Walker refuted reports that there was anything untoward about the camp and went on to endorse it.

“That camp was one of the most beneficial and rewarding I have been on and advise any of my best mates or family members to do the same thing,” Walker told Triple M.

“Our football club like most other teams is exploring getting an edge in the AFL and that is in the mental space.

“We have been doing that for a couple of years whether that is mindfulness or meditation. Yes there were elements of the camp we delved into on the mental side but we think it is an element we can get an edge over other teams in the competition.”

Collective Minds, the group that ran the camp, referred Fairfax Media to the Adelaide Football Club when contacted for comment.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

quote:

Fairfax Media understands that several players, including Rory Sloane, are reconsidering their future at the club after being left distraught by the Crows’ pre-season training camp.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

quote:

Fairfax Media understands that several players, including one senior star, are reconsidering their future at the club after being left distraught by the Crows’ pre-season training camp.

Sloane to North Melbourne St. Kilda confirmed.

e;fb (kinda)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's almost like the Melbourne football media grossly embellished something so they could write another story about Sloane, but it's certainly not like them to ceaselessly make things up about players they want to return to Victoria

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Spedman posted:

This was my impression of professional US sports too, just physically train until you don’t know how to gently caress up.

None of this psycho-babble garbage loved by MBAs and over paid consultants.

obviously depends on the sport but usually it is just training, practice of plays/sets, and small-scale team bonding. I'm pretty sure the NFL fall camps aren't as brutal as they once were as well thanks to changes in the labor agreements between player's association and league, used to be a lot more training time and contact but that's much more limited. Ditto for university football.

sounds like this stuff in pre-season was an extension of the "team building" idea, but taken to a farcical extreme. I would think the AFL Player's Association would have more to say on this than we've heard...[edit] okay so it's still kind of a developing situation, meaning they can't get upset at this quite yet.

and from the way he's defensive you'd imagine it's all Tex's idea too :v:

harperdc fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 27, 2018

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

harperdc posted:

and from the way he's defensive you'd imagine it's all Tex's idea too :v:

More like "idea he was convinced was awesome good!" because nothing I have ever seen or read about Walker indicates a lot of brains underneath that mullet.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Solemn Sloth posted:

There is 0% chance any of that story is true. 5 minutes in they would have ripped the blindfolds off and said it was all bullshit.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It is pretty zany and I'll wait for some actual confirmed reports rather than hearsay because modern media is a joke.

HIGH ALTITUDE TRAINING IS WHERE IT'S AT BOYS

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I used to think like you, but then Essendon ran a doping program and Trump became president and Barnarby Joyce had an affair that ended his politcal career and now the entire story Crows Cult thing seems completely believable

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Maybe it was some weird ritual to bring back Walsh.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Largepotato posted:

There is 0% chance any of that story is true. 5 minutes in they would have ripped the blindfolds off and said it was all bullshit.

No one has argued it isn’t true and Tex Walker said on Triple M that he’d recommend the program to his family and friends

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

It's like they looked at the list of players who had left and said to themselves "what kind of organisation can we model ourselves on that makes it really difficult for people to leave?" "Oh, I know! A religious cult."

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

It's almost like the Melbourne football media grossly embellished something so they could write another story about Sloane, but it's certainly not like them to ceaselessly make things up about players they want to return to Victoria

Some bad guys in the media making stories up about good loyal crows like Dangerfield, Cameron, Lever. Sad!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

If you look at the number of players wanting to leave the Crows over the last few years vs those that left Essendon during the drugs scandal you could come to the conclusion that playing for Adelaide is on par with getting injected with gently caress knows what by a mad pharmacist.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

gay picnic defence posted:

It's like they looked at the list of players who had left and said to themselves "what kind of organisation can we model ourselves on that makes it really difficult for people to leave?" "Oh, I know! A religious cult."
Crows are the new Suns confirmed

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jesus, the hyperbole in here is out of loving hand

The blindfolds thing is weird but there's an entire industry built around weird team building days for cashed up corporations that are all about synergy and mindfullness and other bullshit buzzwords

Tex being mad at someone leaking to the media seems fair game to me

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Also stupidity around Douglas' bump aside, NTRabbit is right that whenever a negative story comes out about Adelaide somehow Sloane is in the middle of it and unhappy. Wonder how many times a week his missus gets called to take a job in Melbourne with 7?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Actually it’s crazy and weird. There’s something wrong with the club, and Victoria isn’t it.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

No the problem is clearly Victoria, look at all the players fleeing the basket case that is Port Adelaide, like Watts, Motlop, Rockliff and Paddy Ryder.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Look:

- Adelaide clearly has a culture problem
- This isn't helped by footy media using every report of these culture problems to make up unhappiness/push players to leave

These aren't mutually exclusive positions

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I had to laugh today. I saw this headline on afl.com.au

Immediate thought was, "oh, a bit of good news for the Crows to have Sloane sign on", clicked the article and it was the other, less good Rory. Even the media are trolling Crows fans.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Rory Laird is still a good Rory. For maximum troll it would have been Rory Atkins

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

quote:

ADELAIDE players were repeatedly played the Richmond theme song during their mentally-probing pre-season camp on the Gold Coast.

The Herald Sun can reveal a small group of senior Crows were subjected to the yellow and black anthem after being split without warning from the rest of the team.

The ear-bashing was one of several testing elements of the week-long Queensland trip, which ran from January 29 to February 2.

It comes as Adelaide prepare to face the Tigers, last year’s Grand Final nemesis, at Adelaide Oval without Tom Lynch (virus) and Richard Douglas (suspended).

Sources said the purpose of playing the Richmond song was part of a “cleansing” process after the Crows were humiliated in last year’s decider by 48 points.

Crows coach Don Pyke admitted not all players reacted well to the program steered by performance experts, Collective Mind.

Adelaide signed a three-year deal with Collective Mind at the start 2017 to “unlock the next frontier of high performance.”

It was Collective Mind who introduced the national anthem ‘stare off’ to the Crows in last year’s final series.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

And then they let loose an actual Tiger on the bus that the players had to confront, which Fairfax understands severely distressed out of contract free agent and senior player Rory Sloane, who is believed to be exploring contract offers from Collingwood and St Kilda.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

“Collective Mind” lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Pretty sure its Adelaide i'm fighting against in the new Far Cry 5 game