Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

If they stop the earth from being destroyed, frozen Fitz will also never make it there. So either that's okay and it's just branching timelines, or it's impossible and they can't change anything.

Fitz gets kidnapped so they have to go wake up the other Fitz because they need a scientist and after everything's been settled they just put him back in the cryo-coffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ojjeorago posted:

They leave Fitz in 600 AD and come back to get him later, and then they have to give jerky to the mayor in the past so his descendants aren’t greedy and they can get the Rainbow Shell.

PierreTheMime posted:

The team gets antagonized by a Dalton again. Checks out.

I love this. It makes me miss Ward even more, but I love it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

PierreTheMime posted:

Ward becomes Biff then?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RareAcumen posted:

Fitz gets kidnapped so they have to go wake up the other Fitz because they need a scientist and after everything's been settled they just put him back in the cryo-coffin.

Deek: Fitz still doesn't have his head in the game. He can't solve this by himself!
Coulson: But what if... we had two Fitzes?
Jemma: :mmmhmm:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Just do it Farscape style and have two Fitzes, one married to Jemma and one not.

And they get split up such that she is stuck with the one she's not married to.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

The entire future arc had me thinking of "HP/MP restored, but you're still hungry."

Also, if Fitz dies, but is replaced at the last moment by the Fitzcicle via time fuckery, that would be great, and I'll be looking for a singing, hispanic, cat LMD.

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Just do it Farscape style and have two Fitzes, one married to Jemma and one not.

And they get split up such that she is stuck with the one she's not married to.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

STAC Goat posted:

I temporary interrupt the thread gooning to say I finally got around to watching this episode and GOD drat was that a good episode. Like I'm not usually a "good episode, bad episode" person as I prefer to judge the story as a whole. But drat, that was a killer episode.

I IRL "oh shitted" when they did the Fitz-Club reveal. Extreeemely good poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

lol but seriously I posted:

I IRL "oh shitted" when they did the Fitz-Club reveal. Extreeemely good poo poo.

I think I also yelled "Oh poo poo!" and literally jumped to the edge of my seat when Daisy whimpered "Who are you talking to?"

Well I jumped to the edge of my seat when Jemma put together the "aggravate an old injury" thing with Fitz and ran off. But I was still processing that and trying to figure out how the Fear Dimension could make Fitz brain damaged when Daisy said that and I yelled.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I thought they were both figments, and I was right... sort of.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Fear dimension had gently caress all to do with Fitz' dissociative episode. Just stress, exhaustion, and guilt. It was a great reveal. So good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aleph Null posted:

Fear dimension had gently caress all to do with Fitz' dissociative episode. Just stress, exhaustion, and guilt. It was a great reveal. So good.

Yeah, that was obvious in the end. I'm saying I was still processing my way through "Wait... could the Fear Dimension be doing this or..." when Daisy dropped the bomb.

Fitz made it pretty clear afterwards that he had been hearing the Doctor's voice ever since the Framework and all that time he spent alone last pod was all time no one was watching him while he was probably falling apart.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
Yeah, remember that he was in solitary for months trying to figure out what had happened to the rest of the team and some of his conclusions were leading him down the road of "it's my fault". Pretty easy to see how that'd lead him to the mindset he's in now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, and then after a short period of time with a couple of friends in Enoch and Hunter he ends up spending hundreds of years in suspended animation and who the hell knows what that does to a mind?

We saw hints of him being more ruthless in those episodes, as well as him kind of losing it in solitary a little. That all kind of got easily explained by the circumstances but it was never really directly addressed and in hindsight it makes a lot of sense that he was having his dissociative breakdown and hearing/seeing the Doctor the whole time.

Just another one of those really good SHIELD groundwork things that makes more sense looking back after the big reveal.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

We saw hints of him being more ruthless in those episodes, as well as him kind of losing it in solitary a little. That all kind of got easily explained by the circumstances but it was never really directly addressed and in hindsight it makes a lot of sense that he was having his dissociative breakdown and hearing/seeing the Doctor the whole time.

Guys I'm starting to worry that Whittaker isn't going to regenerate into a very nice person at the end of her run

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope there's at least one more Powers Boothe appearance on this show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gonz posted:

He died before they even started filming this season.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Gonz posted:

What, like they exhume the actor's corpse?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Open Source Idiom posted:

What, like they exhume the actor's corpse?

Yes, I know, but CGI has come a long way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gonz posted:

Yes, I know, but CGI has come a long way.

LoL, on this budget?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
My friend, have you heard of Reddit poster "deepfakes" and his... "special software?"

Someone who hates kids that don't die in school shootings does, and their budget can't be that big either.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rhyno posted:

LoL, on this budget?

Time for ABC/Disney to empty their TV coffers in exchange for CGI Powers Boothe showing up in the season finale and clotheslining someone.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gonz posted:

Time for ABC/Disney to empty their TV coffers in exchange for CGI Powers Boothe showing up in the season finale and clotheslining someone.

Powers Boothe would have been a pretty dope pro wrestling moniker, yeah.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

But...but... deadwood movie.... :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

LoL, on this budget?

They'll just take his scenes from Sin City and shoot around them.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
The ghost ship trap a few episodes back has taken on a new meaning

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sloth Life posted:

The ghost ship trap a few episodes back has taken on a new meaning

I think it’s the same meaning. Even at the time, literally everyone else in the scene was acting completely “What the gently caress, Leopold?!?” and Fitz was super duper ice cold about it. If your first thought wasn’t “Director Fitz” then I don’t know what to tell you.

Like, Fitz having some sort of dissociative episode was shocking, but not all that surprising or unforeshadowed.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

when was this again? I might have missed it

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

double nine posted:

Episode 10, Past Life.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

double nine posted:

It was late into the future story after Fitz had been reunited with everyone. A bunch of them were being pursued by Kree and Fitz set a trap wire that decapitated them all. It was cold and ruthless and everyone including Jemma were visibly taken aback. But someone dismissed it as necessary given the circumstances and they moved in.

There was definitely some implication there that Fitz might have some affect from the Doctor but since it wasn't directly addressed it fell to the back burner. And obviously no one anticipated that he was literally hearing voices.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvkY_RYa-M&t=94s

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

STAC Goat posted:

It was late into the future story after Fitz had been reunited with everyone. A bunch of them were being pursued by Kree and Fitz set a trap wire that decapitated them all. It was cold and ruthless and everyone including Jemma were visibly taken aback. But someone dismissed it as necessary given the circumstances and they moved in.

There was definitely some implication there that Fitz might have some affect from the Doctor but since it wasn't directly addressed it fell to the back burner. And obviously no one anticipated that he was literally hearing voices.

Jemma also has them basically suck a bunch of people into the void of space like 2 minutes later, which was pretty grim for her.

The Fitz stuff was really well done, I do wonder how they walk it back enough to have any sort of return to normal if the show continues (or provide a satisfying ending should it end). Deke's memories imply that Fitz at some point goes back to being at least close to his former self.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

STAC Goat posted:

Wasn't there a direct allusion to Fitz's experience in the Framework and what carried over from that when he and Enoch were first discussing Enoch's plan of having Fitz portray a space pirate or whatever? Like, Enoch asks him if he can be this ice cold, murderous, conniving marauder, and Fitz thinks for a moment and then goes, "Yup, shouldn't be a problem." They've laid the groundwork for this pretty methodically.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ouhei posted:

Jemma also has them basically suck a bunch of people into the void of space like 2 minutes later, which was pretty grim for her.

Yeah, that was sthe trick. Jemma did some cold stuff and YoYo and Mack were debating the need to be ruthless in a war/desperate situation. So Fitz's actions were able to be dismissed as just what needed to be done at the time. poo poo was dark. But they made a point to show us everyone being surprised and shocked and him not and it was great foreshadowing for that moment. Along with his other isolation, solitary, and stuff.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ouhei posted:

Fitz gonna turn Jemma to the dark side and the two of them are going to mad scientist it up. :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

Fitz gonna turn Jemma to the dark side and the two of them are going to mad scientist it up. :allears:

But enough about their sex life.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The Zephyr-kidnap was really cool.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, that was sthe trick. Jemma did some cold stuff and YoYo and Mack were debating the need to be ruthless in a war/desperate situation. So Fitz's actions were able to be dismissed as just what needed to be done at the time. poo poo was dark. But they made a point to show us everyone being surprised and shocked and him not and it was great foreshadowing for that moment. Along with his other isolation, solitary, and stuff.

Yeah, it's great looking back and seeing how well this show sets stuff up.

I'm hoping the next season (if we get one) is a bit less dark than the last few. The show is great but I do miss some of the lightheartedness it had before.

Chokes McGee posted:

I did love her reaction to the whole thing, I was afraid they were going to have her recoil from him super fast which would have been annoying as hell all things considered.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Even right after they get out of the framework Fitz starts having a meltdown and Jemma and the others tell him to get it together and it's not his fault, plus Ada was coming after them. It seemed a bit weird for them to drop it after that but the show's done its best to show they've had no time to breathe since the Framework, really.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Ouhei posted:

I did love her reaction to the whole thing, I was afraid they were going to have her recoil from him super fast which would have been annoying as hell all things considered.
I feel almost like it's just her putting up a brave face. The episode hinted pretty strongly that Dark Fitz is her greatest fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Teenage Sitwell wasn't something I thought I needed until now...