Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I've not had the kraut but I don't know if my church carries it in the court of kings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Clamps McGraw posted:

This is the Daddest post ever

Only if he got those $18 sandals too.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

stealie72 posted:

Only if he got those $18 sandals too.

I think if we're speaking in superlatives then it would also need to include KS jeans and white tennis shoes.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Went to a different Costco yesterday. It...it didn't serve pizza in the food court :ohdear:

This shakes my faith.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

binge crotching posted:

This shakes my faith.

The food court at my Costco was out of fries today.

These are trying times. We must be strong and not lose faith. PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I think if we're speaking in superlatives then it would also need to include KS jeans and white tennis shoes.

I am also The Dad that decks himself out head to toe in Kirkland Signature apparel

THE SAVINGS

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Those Kirkland Signature polos are very high quality.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
The worst part working at Costco corporate is that EVERYONE wears the same shirt/pants/shoes. A week does not go by that I do not wear the same shirt and color as at least one teammate.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

the worst part? poo poo, comrade that sounds like a dream to me.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Meydey posted:

The worst part working at Costco corporate is that EVERYONE wears the same shirt/pants/shoes. A week does not go by that I do not wear the same shirt and color as at least one teammate.

Tell us what you do at costco and what are the good things and bad things, preach to the flock

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Tell us what you do at costco and what are the good things and bad things, preach to the flock

Ummm, patch servers?
Good: Every conference I go to a vendor sees my badge and goes "I love Costco!"
Bad: Every conference I go to a vendor sees my badge and goes "I love Costco!" then starts rattling off everything they purchased the last 3 trips.

Lets see, parking sucks at corporate, Buyers get all the perks/good offices, EVERYONE has relatives here. And yes, even the $1.50 dogs get old after 14 years.
On the good side, I will never be laid off. :)

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Meydey posted:

even the $1.50 dogs get old after 14 years.
I choose to not believe this.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Meydey posted:

And yes, even the $1.50 dogs get old after 14 years.

...mods?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

even the clergy fall from grace from time to time

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Yeah well I have access to the Corp lunchroom. $0.24 an ounce for salmon, brisket, London broil etc.

Edit: 4 lunchrooms

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

oh wowowowow a corp lunchroom dang wow big man on (corporate) campus coming through guys

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hath Costco forsaken us? Where is MY $.24 per oz salmon?!

:negative:

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Taima posted:

oh wowowowow a corp lunchroom dang wow big man on (corporate) campus coming through guys

They have the $1.50 dogs at the Corp lunchrooms also. <Smug>

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Meydey posted:

Ummm, patch servers?
Good: Every conference I go to a vendor sees my badge and goes "I love Costco!"
Bad: Every conference I go to a vendor sees my badge and goes "I love Costco!" then starts rattling off everything they purchased the last 3 trips.

Lets see, parking sucks at corporate, Buyers get all the perks/good offices, EVERYONE has relatives here. And yes, even the $1.50 dogs get old after 14 years.
On the good side, I will never be laid off. :)

what was your trajectory in the company like? did you actually start as a cart pusher like jim sinegal talks about and move up through the ranks?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Probably about half the people here started in a warehouse. I personally started directly on the tier 1 internal helpdesk. Then did desktop support, and ecom support. Now I do tier 3 server support with a heavy lean towards patching. There is a lot of OJT and upward mobility. Also not a heavy lean towards certs and stuff. This can lead to some stagnation but the work/life balance is great. I usually do 40-45 hour weeks with oncall like every 7 weeks.

My daughter started a year so on the membership call center, and is now doing cash card support for them. Most people here seem to have kids working somewhere at Corp also.

Membership will hire anyone with a pulse and it's a great foot in the door. I think travel is the same way.

Edit: Come work for Costco! https://www.costco.com/jobs.html

From our weekly newsletter:
Costco Travel Hiring Agents
Costco Travel is looking to hire both full-time and part-time Reservation Agents (Cruise, Vacation Packages, Rental Cars & Hotels) in Issaquah. Please share the link with your friends and family, or direct them to send a blank email to careers@costcotravel.com for instructions on how to apply.

Member Service Center Positions Available
The Issaquah Member Service Center is still hiring. We're looking to fill full-time customer service positions for both Costco.com and Membership services. If you have friends and family interested in starting a career with Costco, please have them use the link to get started with the hiring process.

Meydey fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 28, 2018

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

The Costco feelgoods are high in here right now.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Sounds like a decent place to work.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Meydey posted:

Corporate uniforms are underrated and I kind of wish more white collar jobs had uniforms

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I want that travel sales job so I can get discounted tickets to Hawaii and poo poo

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

I want that travel sales job so I can get discounted tickets to Hawaii and poo poo

Having an IATA number is awesome, working a phone line 10 hours a day is not.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

I don't know all the details but I do hear that they get 1 heavily discounted trip per year. Also, they are allowed to wear shorts in the summer.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Does Costco have any corporate IT jobs outside of Washington?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Coredump posted:

Not in the US.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Corporate uniforms are underrated and I kind of wish more white collar jobs had uniforms

As a person whose white collar uniform includes sandals and shorts, I strongly disagree.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also daily calisthenics

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

They have yoga classes sometimes but I don't do them, probably to my own detriment

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Coredump posted:

There might be IT jobs at the regional offices, but I don't think there is much turnover. Most support is remote and/or contractors.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I'm work in IT in Canada but there are like 27 people total. My department is 5 people

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Will the church be open on Easter Sunday for the sacrament?

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

tangy yet delightful posted:

Will the church be open on Easter Sunday for the sacrament?

http://bfy.tw/HO3Z

The 'Co helps those that help themselves :v:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The Hambulance posted:

http://bfy.tw/HO3Z

The 'Co helps those that help themselves :v:

Wise words, fellow congregant.

Costco is closed on the following holidays:

New Year's Day
Easter
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Thanksgiving
Christmas

And beyond that sometimes they do reduced hours in proximity of important holidays, but that may be on a per-store basis.

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007
Picked up some rack of lamb and took communion (all beef) in the pouring rain with all these devout followers

Burped while on the packed train back home and shared a little taste of heaven with all the non-believers. Just doing my part, spreading the word of Sinegal.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Lupin posted:

Picked up some rack of lamb and took communion (all beef) in the pouring rain with all these devout followers

Burped while on the packed train back home and shared a little taste of heaven with all the non-believers. Just doing my part, spreading the word of Sinegal.

Is that parishioner fighting the rain with a sword? PBUC!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Trastion posted:

Is that parishioner fighting the rain with a sword? PBUC!

she's one of the knights templar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
man costco does not stock any loving mediums. They had some really comfy pullovers, but it was just chock full of L, XL, XXL. i wish they would stock a lot less of those since apparently no one buys them

did not get a hot dog last night, store was not too bad at 7:30 PM but the food court was slammed to the brim and wasnt about to wait 30 minutes for a dog while i had frozen stuff.