Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

realbez posted:

“Collective Mind” lmao

Didn't they have a hit in the early 90s with 'Gel'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

And then they let loose an actual Tiger on the bus that the players had to confront

Well that's one way 22 players could go missing, I guess.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Is buying tickets from ticketmaster meant to be loving ridiculously stupid and overcomplicated or am I doing something wrong?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sound correct.

They have the worst website, picking seats is horrible and it ends up costing a shitload.

Tried to buy tickets for the Carlton game down at Kardinia, turns out AFL members get zero discount for that match so if i wanted to go I'd have to buy $60 GA tickets, so gently caress that. I should get a reduction in the cost of an AFL membership for losing two victorian games this seas (round 4 down in hobart against north)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I like that the fact that Walker was irate at players leaking info about the camp is also leaked straightaway to the media

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

gay picnic defence posted:

I like that the fact that Walker was irate at players leaking info about the camp is also leaked straightaway to the media

Both Nick Riewoldt and Bob Murphy last night on 360 essentially said that was probably the biggest red flag with the whole thing (from a internal culture problem perspective). To paraphrase Roo: Things leak from footy clubs, but very rarely do things leak from playing groups.

It would appear that there is something pretty wrong if a player is feeling the need to leak this stuff to the media. Of course it could be just one single disgruntled player, but who knows.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Periphery posted:

Both Nick Riewoldt and Bob Murphy last night on 360 essentially said that was probably the biggest red flag with the whole thing (from a internal culture problem perspective). To paraphrase Roo: Things leak from footy clubs, but very rarely do things leak from playing groups.

It would appear that there is something pretty wrong if a player is feeling the need to leak this stuff to the media. Of course it could be just one single disgruntled player, but who knows.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the trade period comes around. There seems to be parallels between what the Crows are going through and the leadership issues the Lions had at the time all those young players wanted out.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
It was Jake Lever, they forgot to remove him from the WhatsApp group

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

racing identity posted:

It was Jake Lever, they forgot to remove him from the WhatsApp group

Wish we had invited him to ours, he might have turned up

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Channel 9 just stole the tennis from Channel 7 (beginning in 2020) for at least 5 years. I wonder if ch7 will become serious and bid on the aflw knowing that channel 10 might be snooping around it to air as the wbbl winds up.

With the loss of tennis, I wonder if we could see the aflw begin a few weeks earlier now that there would be no clash for channel 7 (if they do pick up womens footy when the rights go on sale this year)

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://theage.com.au/sport/afl/sports-psychologist-questions-credentials-of-group-that-ran-crows-camp-20180328-p4z6qt.html

"Amon is trained in a range of coaching, assessment and training approaches, including Vertical Mindset Assessment and Coaching, Power Stage Assessment and Coaching, and more. He integrates these coaching approaches with extensive experience in the leadership field, and through a long-time involvement with the national masculinity and men’s work community."

Power stage assessment is a Dragonball Z skill, not footy.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It amazes me when large, seemingly professional organisations get taken in by quacks like that.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

When I went to High School we went to some seminar thing which was about as dumb as that sounds.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://youtu.be/oQ7CNA3i18E

LOL that Nigel smart is now coo of the crows now

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Quantum Shart posted:

https://youtu.be/oQ7CNA3i18E

LOL that Nigel smart is now coo of the crows now

Failed Liberal candidate Nigel Smart

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Betts hooking up his mate Gibbs. I like this. This is good.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

LOL Rance is an overrated hack

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Jerka giving Rance a bit of a bath

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol that Sloane goal limped over

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

LOL Rance is an overrated hack

Rance is really bad when he gets umpired to the same standard as every other defender, he's never been a patch on Jeremy McGovern no matter how much the media slobber his dick.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lmao softest fifty in the world after missing the most blatant deliberate in the world

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Crouch out with a hammy.

RIP my Ultimate Footy team. (And the Crows season but nobody cares about that)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Lmao softest fifty in the world after missing the most blatant deliberate in the world

Maybe don’t try a kidney shot after your opponent completes a mark

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rance is property of Jenkins

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jenkins good?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Jenkins good?

Rance bad

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's an old fashioned shootout.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

And to think I picked Jenkins accidentally

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Give Jenkins the Coleman now.

Give him next year’s too

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

This Murphy kid is decent

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
This is like their home and away game last year but Richmond good.

I like it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That was a really nice kick

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I kinda like all of Adelaide's new players I think

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I have no horse in this race and thought it has been a good game so far with pretty good umpiring (which is the thing I care about the most) but there have been three ridiculously soft frees in the last five minutes, all going Adelaide's way. It's so frustrating when it ruins the spectator's enjoyment of the game.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I just can’t kick it’s killing me
I’m mr checkside

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

lmfao riewoldt

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Insufficient force

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Tigers are getting hosed in contested ball and are losing it by 30. Good luck winning a game of footy when you do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Lol ruck nomination is the worst rule