Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Havent had a thread like this in a while and I just learned some cool stuff so I thought we could all share again.

Watching drk marathon MGS 1/2/3/4 on the outerheaven channel last night. I never knew this but apparently in the japanese version of MGS2, Snake/Plisken and SOlidus were both voiced by snakes japanese voice actor. Someone decided this would be too confusing for the american audience but it makes certain scenes make more sense, like the call between Fortune and Solidus where she mentions seeing someone in a cardboard box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
In Europe, King's Field 4 is called loving's Field 4.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fargield posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I just learned that in Bayonetta 2 some moves have a little bit of dodge built into the attack animation and if you attack enemies with the right timing you can trigger witch time without actually hitting the dodge button

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fargield posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
on one of those boundary breaking youtube videos, the guy does dark souls, and they modeled a surprising amount of the stuff you can see in the distance, like the city beneath firelink.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Havent had a thread like this in a while and I just learned some cool stuff so I thought we could all share again.

Watching drk marathon MGS 1/2/3/4 on the outerheaven channel last night. I never knew this but apparently in the japanese version of MGS2, Snake/Plisken and SOlidus were both voiced by snakes japanese voice actor. Someone decided this would be too confusing for the american audience but it makes certain scenes make more sense, like the call between Fortune and Solidus where she mentions seeing someone in a cardboard box.

That channel owns. I learned ocelot’s reloads get faster during his boss fight until they are almost instant.
edit: in mgs3

Frenz fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 5, 2018

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fargield posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didnt know about vagrants in Dark Souls until like a year or 2 ago.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fargield posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I didnt know about vagrants in Dark Souls until like a year or 2 ago.

This one was pretty mind blowing for me, especially after the number of hours I had put into it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

on one of those boundary breaking youtube videos, the guy does dark souls, and they modeled a surprising amount of the stuff you can see in the distance, like the city beneath firelink.
How much of Anor Londo can you go to?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

How much of Anor Londo can you go to?

a surprising amount. i'll see if i can find it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjmTL39l9fM

starts about five minutes in. there's a shitload of stuff you'll never conceivably see which is all built to scale.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

starts about five minutes in. there's a shitload of stuff you'll never conceivably see which is all built to scale.

It’s probably easier to just model everything than to do it partially then go back and check every possible los from the finished levels.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i know everything there is to know about my favorite games. what is this, amateur hour?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

i know everything there is to know about my favorite games. what is this, amateur hour?
Yes. This is amateur hour.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

Spent like an hour watching these now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes. This is amateur hour.

*taps watch and holds it to my ear*

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/FeHilder/status/930644058216656896

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

yikes

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Pixar sued Nintendo and got Uniracers (Unirally in Europe) pulled from shelves permanently because Pixar once made a 3 minute video that nobody saw of a CGI unicycle and apparently that's all it takes to get a game removed from store shelves

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
ditto was a failed mew clone

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think the opposite. i think mew is just a ditto that scientists failed to successfully remove the bones from

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Frenz posted:

It’s probably easier to just model everything than to do it partially then go back and check every possible los from the finished levels.

You don't usually model things like the city below firelink at all, but just use a texture.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it took like 10 years for my brother and i to realize that Secret of Mana has another whole set of weapon orbs as rare drops in the Mana Fortress.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
heh....orbs

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

[img - the different version of Chadarnook from Final Fantasy VI]

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

[img - the different version of Chadarnook from Final Fantasy VI]

Same but Siren esper

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Same but Siren esper

One day I hope to meet the ninendo of america graphic designer who was assigned to draw booty shorts on siren.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
In the opening scene of FF9 when the leader of the group asks you who you're going to kidnap, if you select the wrong option 60 times in a row a character walks in and tells you off for holding up proceedings

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Also on my millionth replay of MGS3 I only just learned that you can capture The Pain's bullet bees in a hive and it becomes a unique food item.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

porking a pork bun posted:

Also on my millionth replay of MGS3 I only just learned that you can capture The Pain's bullet bees in a hive and it becomes a unique food item.

how does this work

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Watching outerheaven again, showing MGS1/2 how when an alert happens the guards dont really come through doors, the just sort of spawn in at a weird 45 degree angle to the floor in big clumps.
The game is coded so it never happens where it can be seen on camera but using the PSG1 to go first person breaks this and you can watch them pop in out of existance

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

after hundreds of hours and dozens of playthroughs of bloodborne I never knew certain enemy grabs could be escaped. it's never been a thing in any souls game so ive never tried, the other day i got grabbed by one of the brainsucker things and I started mashing everything and my dude actually shoved him away halfway through the attack, i was floored

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I still don't understand how any of the mechanics work for the aesthetic changes in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and i probably never will.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

after hundreds of hours and dozens of playthroughs of bloodborne I never knew certain enemy grabs could be escaped. it's never been a thing in any souls game so ive never tried, the other day i got grabbed by one of the brainsucker things and I started mashing everything and my dude actually shoved him away halfway through the attack, i was floored

this owns and i assume that everyone discovers it purely out of panic-y button mashing at some point.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I beat every sidequest and hunt in Final Fantasy 15 on PS4 and nearly did the same thing on the PC version before I learned that chocobos could swim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

man nurse posted:

I beat every sidequest and hunt in Final Fantasy 15 on PS4 and nearly did the same thing on the PC version before I learned that chocobos could swim.

I got super close to doing this but couldn't bring myself to keep playing it after beating the game. like it was cool to get the flying car and crash it into mountains a few times, but something about the ending just sucked the fun out of the camping simulation.

• Locked thread