Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh awesome, people hitting their groins on things: the challenge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
COME COME TO MY VOICE :byodame:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
WHAT'S UP PROBST?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was some good leadership after leaving the piece behind.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wendell is a loving boss

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man, she did not understand that screaming at people when they're right there is not the way to do it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
No ghost island this ep?

That challenge was brutal. Wendell kicked rear end.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't remember his name, but the space cadet hippy guy did really good job with that puzzle too. It looked like he had some good recognition of parts just from the touch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Des, who on day one admitted to being bad at puzzles and proved it, somehow ended up in position to be leading blind people on a puzzle

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TMMadman posted:

I don't remember his name, but the space cadet hippy guy did really good job with that puzzle too. It looked like he had some good recognition of parts just from the touch.

Seabass?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The Bloop posted:

No ghost island this ep?

I'd make fun of it, but frankly I'm happier they just gave us time with the new tribes.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The Bloop posted:

WHAT'S UP PROBST?

This ruled

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, that's the guy.

I don't remember his name and he seems like a pretty cool guy, but he still looks like a total space cadet hippie.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Angela is giving me serious crazy-eyes Matt from way back in the Amazon in that last shot. It needs to be giffed.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

Angela is giving me serious crazy-eyes Matt from way back in the Amazon in that last shot. It needs to be giffed.

world class thousand year stare imo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Haha that head turn

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

can't say I was expecting it to go like that

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Good editing. I really liked him, though :(

Edit: I think they cut the conversation between Michael and the Navitis, almost certainly Kellyn. He seemed to strike a deal last week, so my bet is they're promising him security over people like Chris and Domenick.

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 29, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Codependent Poster posted:

Haha that head turn

That Death Stare at Michael too

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Well, a true pre-merge pagonging is certainly something we haven't seen before in Survivor, but somehow the novelty of its position in the season makes it no less frustrating to watch.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Well, a true pre-merge pagonging is certainly something we haven't seen before in Survivor, but somehow the novelty of its position in the season makes it no less frustrating to watch.

Didn't Stephenie's team all get wiped out before the merger in her season?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silly Burrito posted:

Didn't Stephenie's team all get wiped out before the merger in her season?

Her return season iirc she was alone at her tribes camp

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
A true pagonging is one tribe voting another tribe out one by one. Ulong wasn't voted out by Koror, they just won all the challenges so Ulong had to vote each other out.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Chris is casting gold.

If the producers don’t want pagongings, maybe they shouldn’t make the starting tribes so unbalanced :shrug:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Swap every episode.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dugong posted:

If the producers don’t want pagongings, maybe they shouldn’t make the starting tribes so unbalanced :shrug:

If the producers don't want pagongings, maybe they should put like six more advantages into the game :colbert:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The Bloop posted:

Her return season iirc she was alone at her tribes camp

I hate that I know this, but in her first season she was the last remaining member of her pre-merge tribe after no swaps or anything, the one and only time that's happened. She was brought back the next season and ran the table strategically, but pissed people off and lost to bitter tears.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Libby is so cute...

I watched the first two episodes of Blood vs. Water (27) today but I'm only lukewarm on it so far and may not continue. Tina, who it's great to see back, said something about all the strategizing and endless drama 24/7 that really resonated and kind of sums up modern Survivor. Also this Carlton guy seems like a nightmare.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Even Michael voted for James, which was really weird. I guess it was a lost cause and Angela gave no impression of swaying right before TC?

I also find it interesting that Kelly and Desiree were pitching to get rid of James instead of Michael. They've seen first hand that Michael is dangerous, and they know Angela has a bond with James. If you want to sway someone who's on the edge, pitching to vote out their ally isn't the best appeal. It worked out for them, at least.

OG Malolo is prooobably sunk come merge, unless the Dom/Chris feud manages to split up the OG Naviti for enough votes that new mini-alliances form. I think a combo of Michael/Laurel/Donathan/Jenna, and then pull in Domenick and whatever allies he has. They'd probably have to sacrifice Libby since Dom and Bradley don't trust her, though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris and Bradley seem abrasive enough that they provide some hope to bust up this Navati domination. And if Dom and his allies can stay in the game for the merge he could shake it up. I don't know. It doesn't look great on like Week 3 or 4 of the Pagonging 2.0 but I haven't lost hope yet.

I assume Micheal's just in survival mode after the failed idols thing so he's just going to do whatever the majority asks him to do until he sees a real opening to take numbers. If he can make it to Dom, Wendell, Laurel, and Donathan and maybe a couple of stragglers like Sebastion and Chelsea then maybe it can work out.

Poor James. I was kind of hoping he and Michael would form some sort of weird preppie bro-ship and he'd make it to the Revolution.

Also Chelsea is just distracting.

TMMadman posted:

Sebastian seems like the kind of guy who is sharp, charismatic, well liked, and good at comps but so spacey that he's going to be picked off early into the merge without ever really considering that he needed a plan to avoid that. Chris might protect him (but he doesn't seem to have a lot of influence left) or maybe he hooks up with the oddball Malolo Revolution but he seems poised for an early merge pickoff.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well if the Malolos end up as the swing votes, there's some wriggle room either way. Jenna can sidle up to Sebastian so they could take the Chris side of the vote, or Laurel/Donathan can make use of their bond with Domenick/Wendell.

If I were them, I'd aim to oust Kellyn/Desiree/Bradley first. They're the most steadfast on the 'Naviti forever' slogan, so breaking that up gives them a lot more options.

I don't know if Michael's gonna stay Malolo strong, to be honest. He's sided with Naviti for two votes now (even if he was in survival mode), his closest ally (Brendan) is gone, and he's spent more time with Kellyn/Desiree than anybody else other than Jenna. He could just side with Naviti to guarantee himself protection til they crack from within.

If this was an edit-based season I'd say that Malolo would stay strong since everyone left there aside from Libby's got good visibility, but the season has been taking out a lot of big players, so who knows at this point.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 29, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is it just me or is there something really creepy about Dom going 'Libby is a beautiful lady Satan' when she's essentially done nothing this whole game?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

ApplesandOranges posted:

I also find it interesting that Kelly and Desiree were pitching to get rid of James instead of Michael. They've seen first hand that Michael is dangerous, and they know Angela has a bond with James. If you want to sway someone who's on the edge, pitching to vote out their ally isn't the best appeal. It worked out for them, at least.

I'd bet money that Kellyn and Desiree made an alliance with Michael and were working to make it 4 James instead of 3 James the whole time.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

Is it just me or is there something really creepy about Dom going 'Libby is a beautiful lady Satan' when she's essentially done nothing this whole game?

She pulled the crap with him and Morgan a couple weeks back. I don't blame him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

She pulled the crap with him and Morgan a couple weeks back. I don't blame him.

As I recall it Libby tried (admittedly, badly) to save Morgan but her tribe weren't swayed and she understandably went with the numbers. It's not like she was the driving force in knifing Morgan in the back. To me it sounded like it came from a sexist 'all hot women are trying to deceive you' place.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

As I recall it Libby tried (admittedly, badly) to save Morgan but her tribe weren't swayed and she understandably went with the numbers. It's not like she was the driving force in knifing Morgan in the back. To me it sounded like it came from a sexist 'all hot women are trying to deceive you' place.

My Natalie White apologism is coming in usefully, I suppose. Where she bonded casually with the Galus on a human level, it seemed like Libby extorted everything she had with Morgan (namely the Catholocism). Again with the 72 hours of gameplay per 42 minute episode, Morgan seemed like a cool, rational enough player that Libby must have carved something deep to elicit the reaction Morgan gave on her way out. It's not a stretch to figure that the impression that Libby gave to Morgan rubbed off on Dom (and maybe Wendell, I guess) and left a sour taste in the mouth.

I understand the argument of "the shrill female," but in this case it's a narrative they've been building, however subtly.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Or, Domenick knew he needed allies, which meant staying Naviti strong, and he had already started bonding with Donathan. So he had to push Libby as a more attractive target.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
What? No. Libby blindsided him/them.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

I hate that I know this, but in her first season she was the last remaining member of her pre-merge tribe after no swaps or anything, the one and only time that's happened. She was brought back the next season and ran the table strategically, but pissed people off and lost to bitter tears.

She lost because she was a brat that almost nobody liked and she took her eye off the ball long enough to let a member of the underdog alliance sneak into the final two with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I thought it was weird too, since they didn't show her actually doing anything this episode and Dom didn't reference a specific moment as justification for his opinion of her. I'm like a goldfish with early Survivor, too, so I had no recollection of her betraying Morgan (arguably). It's especially hard to get a handle on things with all the tribe swaps. I have absolutely no idea who is Malolo original and who is Naviti original anymore.

• Locked thread