Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

What the hell? Is there any context here? Like beyond him being a creeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Awwwwwwww here goes!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How many of those nicknames for him do you think are accurate

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

he said the quiet part out loud and into a megaphone. Jesus, Dan :stonk:

e:I somehow missed the photoshopped foot wtf

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
There have been a lot of rumors about Dan Schneider for years. I don't think this turning out bad would be surprising.

Corek fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 27, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I heard the name and thought "Who?" and then as soon as I saw his picture I said "OOOH HIM" and yeah, that's one I'm surprised didn't happen sooner.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So does Disney also have skeletons seems like all Big Media does and they also have their own teen idol machine.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 27, 2018

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

PhazonLink posted:

So does Disney also have a skeletons seems like all Big Media does and they also have their own teen idol machine.

Honestly not much can be tied towards Disney, at least anything that's even remotely credible(outside of that recent John Lasseter thing)

Meanwhile the whole Dan Schneider thing has basically been an open secret for at least a decade

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

So does Disney also have skeletons seems like all Big Media does and they also have their own teen idol machine.

Oh it's almost a guarantee, but they're Disney, they have enough power to fix anything.

drrockso20 posted:

Meanwhile the whole Dan Schneider thing has basically been an open secret for at least a decade

Also this, the guy has been "That showrunner who takes too close of pictures with all the talent" forever.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Yardbomb posted:

Oh it's almost a guarantee, but they're Disney, they have enough power to fix anything.

Also this, the guy has been "That showrunner who takes too close of pictures with all the talent" forever.

While Disney has probably buried some things over the years, I figure they're just smarter overall about nipping this kinda of thing in the bud, it just fits more with their Corporate culture

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/978667402064875521?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I still hold out hope that Dan is just a regular weirdo and not a sex weirdo

Cause everything afaik is just him being weird about feet, which could be either “foot fetishist being creepy with kids” or “children’s comedy director thinks feet are funny and probably takes it too far”

But then apparently he’s also kind of an rear end in a top hat so gently caress, I dunno

There haven’t been any stories of him outright diddling kids, right?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sockser posted:

Cause everything afaik is just him being weird about feet, which could be either “foot fetishist being creepy with kids” or “children’s comedy director thinks feet are funny and probably takes it too far”

But then apparently he’s also kind of an rear end in a top hat so gently caress, I dunno

No stories as far as I've heard

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Mara Wilson shared the news and implied it was an Open Secret that he was a predator so

welp

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/benbocquelet/status/978648823395504128

https://twitter.com/benbocquelet/status/978651287284838400

I will watch a theatrical Gumball movie, just like I will watch the Teen Titans Go Movie

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

:getin:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
So is that twitter account a Lintendo of America deal or what. I'm kind of in denial here.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

mycot posted:

So is that twitter account a Lintendo of America deal or what. I'm kind of in denial here.

Blue checkmark, it's legit.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/benbocquelet/status/978648823395504128

https://twitter.com/benbocquelet/status/978651287284838400

I will watch a theatrical Gumball movie, just like I will watch the Teen Titans Go Movie

I still remember the announcement fake out they had in one episode. Would be cool if they changed it and announced the movie for real that way.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sockser posted:

Why are these both not dealbreakers for you

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So, this is kids-show adjacent. Who's gonna watch this with me? it's totally the principal/guidance counselor? brainwashing problem children, calling it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A40-vFz3tc0

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sockser posted:

He's suspected to have gotten Jamie-Lynn Spears pregnant, which resulted in the cancellation of Zoey 101 and end of her career, and possibly Britney Spears' meltdown.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

He's suspected to have gotten Jamie-Lynn Spears pregnant, which resulted in the cancellation of Zoey 101 and end of her career, and possibly Britney Spears' meltdown.

Wait what the gently caress :captainpop:

Where did this come from, didn't she like up front announce it was her boyfriend.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

This is pretty much all rumours, but extremely persistent ones that make a LOT of poo poo make sense. We might be looking at America's own Jimmy Saville.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Argue posted:

It's a feature film.

Welp, then I have no real hope of it making its money back.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Inescapable Duck posted:

This is pretty much all rumours, but extremely persistent ones that make a LOT of poo poo make sense. We might be looking at America's own Jimmy Saville.

I swear I've seen a clip of a former Nickelodeon aide refer to him as Dan She's A Fighter Hold Her Tighter Schneider. I can't find it anymore, but that's how I first learned about Schneider. It could all just be petty rumors from people who hated working with him, but there's enough smoke with this that I would be surprised by a fire at all.

In non sad news Twitch is showing the complete series of ReBoot leading up to the release of Reboot: The Guardian Code.

https://www.twitch.tv/shoutfactorytv Starts 3PM PT today.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Senerio posted:

So, this is kids-show adjacent. Who's gonna watch this with me? it's totally the principal/guidance counselor? brainwashing problem children, calling it now.

I think it looks fun. The response in the YT comments and the Who Greenlighted thread here seem markedly less enthusiastic :(

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, according to Shout Factory the Gravity Falls Box Set is region locked to North America? Noooooo!

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Yvonmukluk posted:

So, according to Shout Factory the Gravity Falls Box Set is region locked to North America? Noooooo!

Play it on your PC? V :) V

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Senerio posted:

It looks about like you'd expect for a dtv movie. There's nothing wrong with it, outside of the vague principle of always needing to piggyback new things on old ips.

I don't really know much about YA fiction these days, are they not coming up with new mystery-solving teens anymore?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Mystery solving teens was done beyond death. It's all teens in dystopias now.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Inescapable Duck posted:

Mystery solving teens was done beyond death. It's all teens in dystopias now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

That Shaggy upsets me.

Also lol at Fred's tribal tattoo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

But really, Scooby-Doo is basically the last of its kind, now. A lot of shows actually have Johnny Quest throwback inter-generational casts (though not sure that ever really went away), and don't bother with fake supernatural when you can have the real stuff.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

The real pro move is to have both.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Reminded how Star Vs had a character (a Weird Al cameo, naturally) who is a stage magician with magical powers, but he doesn't use his magic for his stage shows, which appear to be mundane sleight of hand, while his powers act differently.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

fractalairduct posted:

The real pro move is to have both.

Mystery Inc. is so good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

Reminded how Star Vs had a character (a Weird Al cameo, naturally) who is a stage magician with magical powers, but he doesn't use his magic for his stage shows, which appear to be mundane sleight of hand, while his powers act differently.

Oh, that's a classic comic book idea. Zatanna in the DCU does the same thing, she can do real magic, but her stage show is normal smoke and mirrors stuff. I like it, because the idea is that it's easy to impress people by casting real spells, but it's harder to make it look like you're doing that with mundane stagecraft.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, that's a classic comic book idea. Zatanna in the DCU does the same thing, she can do real magic, but her stage show is normal smoke and mirrors stuff. I like it, because the idea is that it's easy to impress people by casting real spells, but it's harder to make it look like you're doing that with mundane stagecraft.

Appearntly she does do one real act of magic in the shows once in a while, but keeps the rest mundane. Wanting to see if anyone can spot the difference.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Play it on your PC? V :) V
You can do that? :aaaaa:

(I am not a clever man).

Inescapable Duck posted:

But really, Scooby-Doo is basically the last of its kind, now. A lot of shows actually have Johnny Quest throwback inter-generational casts (though not sure that ever really went away), and don't bother with fake supernatural when you can have the real stuff.

Yeah, it's the same with webcomics (Paranatural, Gunnerkrigg Court & Bad Machinery all fit that mold, and I'm sure there's many others). Having actual supernatural stuff allows for more action scenes, I guess.

Which is a shame,since you could still have more 'mundane' mysteries and get those kind of action scenes (Fillmore & its glorious police procedural pastiche leaps to mind).