Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kilometers Davis posted:

Have fun VG! :)

I know the thread is probably tired of Far Cry 5 chat but I gotta say something. I just spent some time wandering around the woods with my bear.

Nice to see inclusivity with AAA games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Have fun VG! :)

I know the thread is probably tired of Far Cry 5 chat but I gotta say something. I just spent some time wandering around the woods with my bear. We came to a nice little spot and I fished for a bit while he swam around. This game is very calming for me. Walking around in nature feels perfect. I love how they crafted this environment. The ambient sounds, the animals, the fishing! It’s all real nice.

LGR tweeted something similar, like "Honestly just having a bunch of fun fishing with my dog". Sounds nice.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I still can't get over Sony not putting 4K drives in their 4K console

Less stupid than no rumble on DS3

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

kirbysuperstar posted:

LGR tweeted something similar, like "Honestly just having a bunch of fun fishing with my dog". Sounds nice.

Good for us that they went and shoehorned a lovely FPS onto the decent life simulator. Where would we be as a society if we couldn't view every event through the perspective of FloatingGunHand?

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
Due to Trackmania being talked about due to Plus, I remembered I owned it and went to play it again... :laffo: /i reckon it's the hardest game I've ever played and I only unlocked just over half the tracks!!

I predict a lot of broken controllers in the next month!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

VideoGames posted:

Thank you! I am so excited to get home and play it! I am completely unspoiled. I do not have any idea what the music sounds like for example! I have skipped so many threads pages in so many threads whenever it comes up.

It owns, strap yourself in for a hell of a ride

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What are the good final fantasy or final fantasy type games I can play on PS4 ??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bob NewSCART posted:

What are the good final fantasy or final fantasy type games I can play on PS4 ??

FF 7, 9, 10 and 15 are all on PS4

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
And ff12

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

he asked for good ones.

so IX only.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is this going to be the type of thing where every single goon has a different answer

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

he asked for good ones.

so IX only.

Ah but you contradict yourself, for FF9 is not good.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Anyway, real answer: it depends what you're after and how..acclimatised you are to old games. FF7 is real cool but it has not aged gracefully. FF9 has a lot of whimsy but it's also pretty slow. FF10/10-2 is a solid pick though Tidus might annoy you. FF12 is polarizing but if you love a good grind and poking at systems to make minor improvements you might well enjoy it. FF14 is a MMO so probably not what you're after, but it is a good one. FF15 is a great bro-trip that has some odd developmental choices as the game goes on, but it's a fun sum-of-its parts kinda thing.

I guess there's Type-0 as well but I played like 10 minutes of the PSP version so I dunno. The girl with the flute owns.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is this going to be the type of thing where every single goon has a different answer

they're all bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bob NewSCART posted:

We have a whole thread dedicated to arguing about which ff game is the worst.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

they're all bad

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I really had a good time with FF 15, and I’m looking forwards to finishing it off when I’m done with FC5 and Yakuza 6. It’s really fun, though it would be nice if it explained any of the nuances to the combat system at all.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bob NewSCART posted:

Every Final Fantasy is simultaneously the best and worst of the series, except for FFX-2 which is obviously the greatest JRPG of all time.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

poptart_fairy posted:

Nice to see inclusivity with AAA games.

FC6 is going to be an lgbt walking/relationship simulator

I would play the heck out of it

kirbysuperstar posted:

It is! I didn’t care for FC3 or 4 much at all but I’m hooked on this game for the balance of batshit insane combat + super chill hunting and fishing with pets. I unlocked the ability to have two followers out at a time and I’m in heaven.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I liked ff15. some days I even like to pretend I'll go back and finish it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really had a good time with FF 15, and I’m looking forwards to finishing it off when I’m done with FC5 and Yakuza 6. It’s really fun, though it would be nice if it explained any of the nuances to the combat system at all.

That would require the combat system to have any nuance to it in the first place

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

fridge corn posted:

That would require the combat system to have any nuance to it in the first place

There’s stuff like moving the left stick to change up what kind of swings and combo you’re doing, and spells doing more damage in certain circumstances or even completely different things if you use treasure items while crafting them that isn’t explained at all.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There’s stuff like moving the left stick to change up what kind of swings and combo you’re doing, and spells doing more damage in certain circumstances or even completely different things if you use treasure items while crafting them that isn’t explained at all.

You're replying to fridge corn.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The real problem is that none of that stuff is necessary. I competed the game by doing nothing but button mashing and flailing randomly about.

The combat system is the worst parts of overly obtuse and so insanely easy that you're not required to engage with the systems at all

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

they're all bad

We’re not talking about your posts.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

All Final Fantasies are good except for 2 and the DS port of 3, though I haven’t played 11 or 14 or the 13 sequels

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lightning Returns owns.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

All Final Fantasies are good except for 2 and the DS port of 3, though I haven’t played 11 or 14 or the 13 sequels

that ds port is one of the ugliest games I've ever played

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

that ds port is one of the ugliest games I've ever played

It’s more that they did a terrible job rebalancing it and added the stupid job sickness thing that actively punishes you for using the systems the game is designed around

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rapacity posted:

Due to Trackmania being talked about due to Plus, I remembered I owned it and went to play it again... :laffo: /i reckon it's the hardest game I've ever played and I only unlocked just over half the tracks!!

I predict a lot of broken controllers in the next month!

The secret platinum times go a long way towards telling you how bad you are at Trackmania

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

It has cool secret modes too!

Please tell me more, friend

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Bob NewSCART posted:

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/977190732099477506

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I've picked it up and put it down over the years, but I'm finally burning my way through Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Time has come for The Book of Armageddon :rock:

Out of curiosity, what will happen if I pick the wrong characters? Pretty sure I know who'll need to go where, just curious.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've picked it up and put it down over the years, but I'm finally burning my way through Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Time has come for The Book of Armageddon :rock:

Out of curiosity, what will happen if I pick the wrong characters? Pretty sure I know who'll need to go where, just curious.

Short bad endings

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Dang I missed out on the 20% code :( ...don't suppose anyone has one they're not planning to use?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Montalvo posted:

Please tell me more, friend

There's a section where you can enter in cheat codes to unlock extra little modes like a Mario kart where you shoot copies of your car as projectiles or have to hammer the X button to accelerate. You can find them all online at gamefaqs or somewhere.

How's Telltale Batman season 2? I thought the first was fairly good.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 29, 2018

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Only about an hour and a half from being able to play Nier and I am quite excited. It has been a while since I was anticipating a game!

Of course, I have a sneaking suspicion I will get home and find out it has not downloaded or is still in the middle. :D

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Only about an hour and a half from being able to play Nier and I am quite excited. It has been a while since I was anticipating a game!

Of course, I have a sneaking suspicion I will get home and find out it has not downloaded or is still in the middle. :D
I envy you, VG.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

After owning it for a year I finally got through the Valkyrie chapter, only to put it down and play Ys 8. I expect to beat this game on the PlayStation 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

The world is punishing me because about 2 hours after this post a cat showed up on my porch scared and hungry and I couldn’t not feed it.

This is how I got my cat. Congrats you are now a cat person.