Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I've felt weird and sick for like a week and a half. Since Christmas I've been missing hours at work- the money is there, it's just been snow days and holidays and crap like that that mean I'm not getting in to earn it. And I screwed up my health insurance because when I registered I changed the amount of money I expected to make this year and it priced me out of the plan I chose and I didn't realize it until it was too late. gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm pretty sure if we move forward with trying to sleep together tomorrow there's going to be no going back to being friends again.

Then don't. Say up front "I'm not going to have sex with you tonight, or probably even anytime soon. I'm willing to try this but I need to take it very, very slow because I'm not comfortable with it yet and if things don't work out I want to preserve our friendship." If she's pushing you that's not a very friendlike thing to do. That's not on you.

I can tell you from experience it is possible to have sex with someone and remain friends with them. Yes, it changes the dynamic, bit it's doable. If you assume it's doomed, then yes, it's doomed. Assume the best and work for it in all your relationships.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
There's been a huge shakeup at the sports radio channel I listen to. I really liked how Jason Goff and Dan Bernstein worked as a team, but Goff is out and Dan is moving to midday, and shitbag Danny Mac is coming back.

Rumors are that because both Goff and Bernsie aren't afraid to mock racist/MAGA types, their ratings got worse :(

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
So I just finished this months-long career training program, did the clinicals, got my certificate, all seemed aces, but when it comes to actually getting a job it's all 'that position was for an internal candidate' and 'there are almost never available positions at *one of the few hospitals within reasonable commuting distance*' and 'that shift is no longer available'. Getting a job was supposed to be the easy part, fuckdammit!

Also I can't get my meds refilled until I see my doctor again, which won't happen for another month. Yippie, gotta keep trucking along with unregulated moods and a hamster's attention span, garnished with anxiety. That's a great look for interviews!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Astrofig posted:

So I just finished this months-long career training program, did the clinicals, got my certificate, all seemed aces, but when it comes to actually getting a job it's all 'that position was for an internal candidate' and 'there are almost never available positions at *one of the few hospitals within reasonable commuting distance*' and 'that shift is no longer available'. Getting a job was supposed to be the easy part, fuckdammit!

Also I can't get my meds refilled until I see my doctor again, which won't happen for another month. Yippie, gotta keep trucking along with unregulated moods and a hamster's attention span, garnished with anxiety. That's a great look for interviews!

Can’t you ask your doctor for an emergency supply? Any non-lovely doctor would do so because they wouldn’t want their patient getting into withdrawals.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I went to bed late but was hoping for a solid 8 hours of sleep but nope, body wakes up first 4-5 hours before my alarm, which I was able to rectify by taking Benadryl, but now my body woke up 2 hours before my alarm, and I can’t get back to sleep this time and I’m not going to take any more Benadryl. This run-on sentence brought to you by: lack of proper sleep. I just want to sleep :smith:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
There's a lady at my work who smokes two packs a day, and probably has done so for 40 years. Her voice is raspier than Patty and Selma. Due to this, she coughs constantly. All day every day. She makes no effort at all to cover her mouth when she coughs. She also blows her nose about 30 times a day, every single day. When she blows her nose, she blows hard, making the super loud honking noise. She also doesn't shower and wears heavy perfume to cover it. She is the most disgusting person I have ever met.

And today they rearranged seating at the office and her desk is now adjacent to mine.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Master Twig posted:

There's a lady at my work who smokes two packs a day, and probably has done so for 40 years. Her voice is raspier than Patty and Selma. Due to this, she coughs constantly. All day every day. She makes no effort at all to cover her mouth when she coughs. She also blows her nose about 30 times a day, every single day. When she blows her nose, she blows hard, making the super loud honking noise. She also doesn't shower and wears heavy perfume to cover it. She is the most disgusting person I have ever met.

And today they rearranged seating at the office and her desk is now adjacent to mine.

In one of my college classes there was a lady who would spit into a plastic bag shopping every few minutes. Just all class long you would hear her hock up, spit, and the sound of the fluid hitting the plastic. The seats next to her cleared out after the first few minutes of the first day of class and never filled again.

I felt bad at first because I figured she must have a health problem, but whenever I've had a bad cold and was hocking up significant phlegm I know to carry tissues and spit into those (and immediately throw them away). So gently caress that lady, she made that class uncomfortable as hell.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

Can’t you ask your doctor for an emergency supply? Any non-lovely doctor would do so because they wouldn’t want their patient getting into withdrawals.

He insists he wants to see me before writing any other scrip. Spoiler alert, he is a lovely doctor but also the only one nearby that takes my lovely cheapo insurance.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I installed my new graphics card only to discover I didn't have a spare PCI power lead. The computer started up fine after I closed it up, but my husband took the opportunity to run Windows Update and it's been borked ever since (three hours and counting). That computer is also our mail server, file server, and spam filter (and Web server, though that's less of a big deal). Goddammit.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My mother's in the hospital and doctors think she might have had a small stroke but they're running tests to make sure. I've tried calling her on her cell phone but I haven't heard back and I'm trying not to assume the worst.

EDIT: She's fine, it may not have been a stroke...but her nonchalance and sarcasm about the whole thing makes it really hard to try and support her.

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Mar 18, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My brain won't stop being sadbrains about my continuing cavalcade of failures regarding attempts at relationships and it's beginning to genuinely piss me off.

Also 12 hour shifts loving suck.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:32 on Mar 18, 2018

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I don't know why I bother talking to my dad anymore. It looks like he's listening to me, but from the way he behaves it's clear he's not listening.

My dad has always snored a lot, and he's always tired, sometimes he stops snoring / breathing for a while (I hear him when we're sharing hotel rooms while away from home for work reasons). Some six months ago I read an article about sleep apnea, and I told him: "hey dad, I think you might have sleep apnea, might be worth it to ask our GP to get it checked out?" He said a non-committal "yeah" and then did nothing about it. Last week the thing worsened, he had several episodes where he would wake up in the middle of the night in a panic, he had it checked out by a doctor, and surprise! He has sleep apnea! Like I told him six months ago.

When he was away on a trip a couple weeks ago I tidied up the office, and made a big pile of work stuff he had scattered around and buried under the ten cm of crap that was on top of his desk (he's not very tidy). When he came back I told him "hey, I tidied up, here's the pile of work stuff". Theres X and Y and Z in it. He said "Ok". Today he was looking for something, grumbling going around the office as he does, and he wouldn't answer when I asked him what he was looking for. He would say "I can't find the thing", I'd ask him "What thing?", and he'd reply "That thing." When I finally coaxed it out of him after half an hour I said "...the thing you're looking for is in that big pile of work stuff. Like I told you when you came back." And then he got mad at me for tidying up and not telling him where I put the thing.

Sometimes when we're working he'd ask me "Hey, you remember that thing we talked about yesterday?" to which I would reply "What thing?" and he'd say "What, how come you don't remember? We talked it about yesterday!" Yes but we talked about like a hundred things yesterday, which one are you referring to?

I love my dad, but being around him can be absolutely infuriating.

Happy father's day, everyone! :)

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mikl posted:

I don't know why I bother talking to my dad anymore. It looks like he's listening to me, but from the way he behaves it's clear he's not listening.

My dad has always snored a lot, and he's always tired, sometimes he stops snoring / breathing for a while (I hear him when we're sharing hotel rooms while away from home for work reasons). Some six months ago I read an article about sleep apnea, and I told him: "hey dad, I think you might have sleep apnea, might be worth it to ask our GP to get it checked out?" He said a non-committal "yeah" and then did nothing about it. Last week the thing worsened, he had several episodes where he would wake up in the middle of the night in a panic, he had it checked out by a doctor, and surprise! He has sleep apnea! Like I told him six months ago.

When he was away on a trip a couple weeks ago I tidied up the office, and made a big pile of work stuff he had scattered around and buried under the ten cm of crap that was on top of his desk (he's not very tidy). When he came back I told him "hey, I tidied up, here's the pile of work stuff". Theres X and Y and Z in it. He said "Ok". Today he was looking for something, grumbling going around the office as he does, and he wouldn't answer when I asked him what he was looking for. He would say "I can't find the thing", I'd ask him "What thing?", and he'd reply "That thing." When I finally coaxed it out of him after half an hour I said "...the thing you're looking for is in that big pile of work stuff. Like I told you when you came back." And then he got mad at me for tidying up and not telling him where I put the thing.

Sometimes when we're working he'd ask me "Hey, you remember that thing we talked about yesterday?" to which I would reply "What thing?" and he'd say "What, how come you don't remember? We talked it about yesterday!" Yes but we talked about like a hundred things yesterday, which one are you referring to?

I love my dad, but being around him can be absolutely infuriating.

Happy father's day, everyone! :)

Severe sleep apnea can cause memory loss. If his apnea is at that level it's likely life-threatening. He should be on a CPAP immediately, it will change his life - it's changed mine and I only have mild apnea. Check out the apnea thread if you haven't been in there already: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3289117

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Severe sleep apnea can cause memory loss. If his apnea is at that level it's likely life-threatening. He should be on a CPAP immediately, it will change his life - it's changed mine and I only have mild apnea. Check out the apnea thread if you haven't been in there already: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3289117

Thank you for your concern :)

We're looking into it, through my country's NHS we've booked a polysomnography (dunno if that's the correct spelling?) for him in a few weeks, hopefully we'll have a definitive diagnosis in a month or so and he'll get on a CPAP.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yep sounds like you're doing the right thing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I had a dentist appointment yesterday so my entire face feels like I got beat to hell but without the cool story to tell.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

So on what was supposed to be my last ever oncologist visit, my oncologist found a lump on my nexk that was tender to the touch. So, now I got called to have the ultrasound just over a week after the appointment. Since I have an increased risk of new cancers in my neck due to the radiation I am low-key freaking out.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The first degree burn I got at work may actually be a second degree burn.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just found out my cousin (who is basically an aunt to me) has stage 4 cancer in her throat, lymph nodes, and trachea. I guess both her first and second opinion both told her they expect her to live about 2-3 weeks doing nothing, but maybe 3 months if they give her a tracheotomy and feeding tube. She's dead set (heh) on fighting it till the end so this is gonna be a long drawn out couple of months. Getting kind of sick of my friends and family dying all the time.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
The universe needs a loving punch in the dick at this point.

- Power steering fails on my car before xmas. No money, can't fix.

- Kicked my toxic sister out of the house I share with my roommate and her daughters. Lease is missing, and she still has a key. Refuses to return key.

- Got a job, for the first time in almost a decade, because I can't make a living by twisting balloons anymore. Full-time, so maybe...

- Can't cover the entire rent for my place, as my roommate's ex-husband has stopped paying childcare, so she has no income.

- Got eviction notice, so we need the lease to apply for support.

- Landlord isn't responding when asked for lease (or to fix things like the back door, sink, etc.)

- Camshaft position sensor fails on car. Now drives like garbage.

- Car decides it's not garbage enough, and the alternator fails.

- I have a gig in 30 minutes that I might be able to get to, if the car starts. Can't leave, though, without getting a boost.

- Can't afford to repair car. Can't afford to restock my balloon supply.

- Have something going on with my legs, and have been itching so bad I'm scratching myself raw.

- Car insurance has dropped my bank account to -$515, so now I can't even get out of this loving hole.

gently caress.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Anyone else despise the phrase "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"? I feel like I'm a walking example of it being dead wrong. I spent the last year being emotionally broken down daily. Things are getting better finally, but I came out the other side a much less confident and much more cynical person. I really, really don't feel stronger.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My life has fallen apart because my body doesn't work anymore. I don't feel loving strong even though I'm still alive.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
I’m in Africa making GBS threads and spewing relentlessly.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Destiny 2 is still pretty bad even after the big patch

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Whatever doesn't kill you is just wasting your time. poo poo or get off the pot life! If your gonna be terrible, don't halfass it!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I woke up

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

gf bought me Chick fil A for lunch and I ate too much and now I don't want to cook steaks.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Decrepus posted:

gf bought me Chick fil A for lunch and I ate too much and now I don't want to cook steaks.

You don't have to cook steak...

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
First they moved my favorite manager to another store so I didn’t see him for like 6 months. Then they move me to his store but not even a month later they move him away again, today, and I only found out today. I am legitimately sad :smith:

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I started my new job last November. Mid December I passed probation checks despite not having all systems for a further 4 weeks. Today I found out that they screwed up my probation checks so back into probation I go, I failed a check in something I was never taught in probation and when I passed the info on to my cohort who are in the same boat i got told off for sharing the mistakes I made.
I'm annoyed to put it mildly

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have two coworkers in their 60s.
They don't pay attention to the conversation in the room until halfway through and then interrupt us in a condescending way.

They're the worst employees we have and they are constantly talking about how young people are lazy.

MOTHERFUCKER I caught you napping in a meeting!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I went on a date last night with a 9/11/lizard people/crisis actors conspiracy believer, and that was the LEAST noxious part about him. He gave me a cheap JC Penney bracelet in a Zales box and claimed "it would have been Helzberg but I couldn't find a store". What? loving no, that's bizarre in a number of different ways. Also he never stopped talking about his bitch ex-wife and the whole 4 other women he's slept with. Just yuck. Why? I didn't encourage any of that.

This was my first dip back into the dating pool after 9 months of being single and this is what I chummed up. loving hell. I'm dying alone :(

E: OH! He wants to be a comedian! You know one of Those Fun Guys! Christ, what a cockmilk.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Mar 29, 2018

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That’s a terrible date but how was the sex?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I was too scared of catching his morgellons to let him touch me.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

For some reason the weirdest part of that to me is the fact he gave you jewelry on a first date.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
It was the creepiest part of the night by far. He tried to make me put it on like 4 times during dinner, getting increasingly insistent about it. I dumped it in the garbage at the bar when I left.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

....I thought we had a good time.........

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I got called for jury duty and feel unwell about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

John Murdoch posted:

I got called for jury duty and feel unwell about it.

"Your honor, I have a question. Can you explain what jury nullification is?"