Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nashona posted:

Having watched every episode, they are all terrible in their individual ways.

Space Desmond is a saint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Rocksicles posted:

Monty is basically a saint and he only killed about 200 people.

Including his own mother.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Is Raven the only lead that's not had a turn carrying the mass murder ball? I think every other lead has a mass murder to their name.

(Except Welles. Too good for this benighted Earth.)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

Is Raven the only lead that's not had a turn carrying the mass murder ball? I think every other lead has a mass murder to their name.

Raven has been the Q to everyone else's Bond.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

zeal posted:

i'm in the back 1/4 of Season 2 now, and I see what y'all are saying about Kane. He's come along way from being the sky bitch top cop

Best thing is now go back and rewatch his early scenes, and see that him being portrayed as evil was less his acting and more the music cues/directing. He was making hard choices to save what he reasonably believed was the last few hundred members of humanity, but he wasn't playing it as a bad guy. A great spot of misdirection that fooled a lot of viewers.

Now keep an eye on Murphy, who is the Best Character In The Show, and Jaha, who is loving insane. :allears:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Isn’t Raven 100% complicit in the whole Allie thing? I’m not sure how many people ended up dying in that whole episode but I would argue that mind controlling everybody into joining your stupid cult and also giving up your control and individuality is on a similar level to mass murder.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
We keeping the spoilers down to a dull roar?

I'm avoiding the leaked episode(s) It's still 3 weeks away

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

zeal posted:

i'm in the back 1/4 of Season 2 now, and I see what y'all are saying about Kane. He's come along way from being the sky bitch top cop

does clarke's mom ever make a similar u-turn or does she stay terrible? i will not consider 'she dies' a spoiler, but please don't tell me the reason, i'd like to enjoy that to the fullest

I think she’s my least favorite person in this show. I’m a bit biased because since she’s so awful I don’t remember or pay too much attention to her, but I think it’s not wrong to say her entire characterization is “you’re my baby and I need to protect you!” Maybe someone can correct me on that one but as far as I remember everything she does is driven to “protect” Clark in some way.

quote:

e: and are Jasper and Monty seriously not a couple? between the Masper ref in the op and them sharing a tent in S1 i just took it for granted that Jasper was bi and Monty was gay and they were shacking up like everyone else in the first 100. them playing Jasper as straight and him and monty as 'just close friends' in S2 threw me for a loop

One can dream :allears:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

We keeping the spoilers down to a dull roar?

I'm avoiding the leaked episode(s) It's still 3 weeks away

I had no idea some episodes leaked. If people wanna discuss it that’s fine but just don’t be a dick. Use spoiler tags and don’t do that thing where you go “well MAYBE this is gonna happen” when you totally know.

e: I looked it up so you guys don’t have to and from what I can tell without actually reading anything, some episodes were screened at Comic-Con and people posted write ups on reddit.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 30, 2018

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rhyno posted:

Space Desmond is a saint.

And he condemned hundreds to be sucked out to die a horrifying death in the cold vaccuum of space.

She did her share of crimes against humanity as ALIE's henchwoman iirc.
Also I think she was the architect behind at least a couple of the death machines that other people pushed the button on?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

raditts posted:

And he condemned hundreds to be sucked out to die a horrifying death in the cold vaccuum of space.

Space Desmond did nothing wrong.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boris Galerkin posted:

I had no idea some episodes leaked. If people wanna discuss it that’s fine but just don’t be a dick. Use spoiler tags and don’t do that thing where you go “well MAYBE this is gonna happen” when you totally know.

e: I looked it up so you guys don’t have to and from what I can tell without actually reading anything, some episodes were screened at Comic-Con and people posted write ups on reddit.

I read screener and assumed a leaked episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Space Desmond did nothing wrong.

OH yeah and also condemned hundreds more to a horrifying death by suffocation by sucking the oxygen out of their part of the Ark

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

OH yeah and also condemned hundreds more to a horrifying death by suffocation by sucking the oxygen out of their part of the Ark

For the most part they fell asleep. We should be so lucky, i'll probably be eaten by as shark cleaning barnacles off my boat.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

raditts posted:

I mean yeah that’s bad and I’m against the death penalty, but in the show their choices were “allow criminals to live and in turn reduce our non-replenishing oxygen and food and water supplies” or “get rid of them.” I feel like the key point here is that they had NO way of producing enough food, water, and oxygen for everyone. Not in a “it’s too much effort” sense like in the real world, but actually “it’s literally impossible in our situation.” I thought S1 spent some time pointing out how they were going to all die if they didn’t do something drastic.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Boris Galerkin posted:

I mean yeah that’s bad and I’m against the death penalty, but in the show their choices were “allow criminals to live and in turn reduce our non-replenishing oxygen and food and water supplies” or “get rid of them.” I feel like the key point here is that they had NO way of producing enough food, water, and oxygen for everyone. Not in a “it’s too much effort” sense like in the real world, but actually “it’s literally impossible in our situation.” I thought S1 spent some time pointing out how they were going to all die if they didn’t do something drastic.

The suffocated people were not criminals, they were just deemed expendable.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Boris Galerkin posted:

I think she’s my least favorite person in this show. I’m a bit biased because since she’s so awful I don’t remember or pay too much attention to her, but I think it’s not wrong to say her entire characterization is “you’re my baby and I need to protect you!” Maybe someone can correct me on that one but as far as I remember everything she does is driven to “protect” Clark in some way.

You may be the chancellor but I'm in charge :v:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You may be the chancellor but I'm in charge :v:

Man those were the days when live threads were hilarious. Wish i could read them

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astroman posted:

Now keep an eye on Murphy, who is the Best Character In The Show, and Jaha, who is loving insane. :allears:

I'm in very early S3 and i'm starting to come around to that first position, yeah. That was a quality freakout while he was trapped underground for three months. Jaha's been clearly insane since the incident with the 'last baby on the ark' though.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

zeal posted:

I'm in very early S3 and i'm starting to come around to that first position, yeah. That was a quality freakout while he was trapped underground for three months. Jaha's been clearly insane since the incident with the 'last baby on the ark' though.

Jaha will get more and more insane as the episodes go on :allears:

zeal posted:

started this series yesterday, partly because the pictures of how wild it gets in later seasons in this thread's op. good op, op

Also thanks! To be honest I wasn't sure what to put in the OP but I'm glad it got people to watch it. I first wrote a big effort post with summaries of what happened in each season but when I previewed it it was just a lot of :words: and ain't nobody got time for that. Plus I thought well maybe there are new people watching this for the first time and I don't wanna ruin it, so I made it very vague and included people who may or may not be dead in the coming season. If there's anything that you think I'm missing or wish you knew let me know and I'll add it in somewhere!

zeal posted:

all the principals are a little ridiculously good-looking

I like to think that in the future everybody is genetically modified to look pretty.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Mar 30, 2018

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

zeal posted:

One key to understanding Jaha's character is that he sees humself as a martyr-figure, over and over again.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
pretty disappointed to see Bellamy revert to his S1 ways as soon as he's presented with a male role model as obviously dumb and belligerent as he was back then

the sky bitches must be genetically predisposed to falling to fascism at the first opportunity, after culling anyone who stepped out of line on the ark for 97 years

i already know from glancing at wikis that pike kills lincoln, i just hope his comeuppance for that is righteous and visceral

e: and christ almighty is clarke's mom the worst post apocalyptic leader on television. never thought somebody would take that crown from Rick on Walking Dead, but here we are

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zeal posted:

Jaha's wild ride is the best and I hope it never stops.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zeal posted:

pretty disappointed to see Bellamy revert to his S1 ways as soon as he's presented with a male role model as obviously dumb and belligerent as he was back then

the sky bitches must be genetically predisposed to falling to fascism at the first opportunity, after culling anyone who stepped out of line on the ark for 97 years

i already know from glancing at wikis that pike kills lincoln, i just hope his comeuppance for that is righteous and visceral

e: and christ almighty is clarke's mom the worst post apocalyptic leader on television. never thought somebody would take that crown from Rick on Walking Dead, but here we are

She's aiight, she's a doctor. Traditionally not good leaders.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
full nihilist jasper is even better than suicidal alcoholic jasper

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

God drat am I excited for this show to come back.

Definitely rooting for some more Genghis Clarke, but I'll be excited to see all kinds of mayhem and death even if it doesn't come from her.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

cool kids inc. posted:

God drat am I excited for this show to come back.

Definitely rooting for some more Genghis Clarke, but I'll be excited to see all kinds of mayhem and death even if it doesn't come from her.

I'm banking on Octavia being the big bad this year. Space Alcatraz getting very merked.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
finished s4 late last night. really enjoyed the breakdown of all the societies we'd gotten to know in the face of apocalypse. impressed by how different each successive season was, though certain notes (people getting shot just as they're about to stab someone else; clarkemom making terrible terrible choices) certainly get replayed again and again. the polis stuff got a little hokey when lexa was in charge, but as all that started to unravel in the face of coups, the breaking of the line of commanders etc. it got very interesting again. count me in for more warlady sky rippa, whenever and however the vault dwellers dig their way out. murphy and emori are the protagonists of this story in my book though

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zeal posted:

finished s4 late last night. really enjoyed the breakdown of all the societies we'd gotten to know in the face of apocalypse. impressed by how different each successive season was, though certain notes (people getting shot just as they're about to stab someone else; clarkemom making terrible terrible choices) certainly get replayed again and again. the polis stuff got a little hokey when lexa was in charge, but as all that started to unravel in the face of coups, the breaking of the line of commanders etc. it got very interesting again. count me in for more warlady sky rippa, whenever and however the vault dwellers dig their way out. murphy and emori are the protagonists of this story in my book though

The main protagonist is clear Genghis Clarke's miracle snatch, destroyer of worlds.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

zeal posted:

clarkemom making terrible terrible choices

To be fair to her, she spent most of Season 4 being slowly co-opted by leftover supercomputer. By the end of season 4 she's barely in her right mind.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Just dropping by to remind everyone that Jaha did nothing wrong. If he hadn't discovered ALIE and The City of Light, no one would have known about the impending radiation death wave in the first place. :marc:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Acacia REI posted:

Just dropping by to remind everyone that Jaha did nothing wrong. If he hadn't discovered ALIE and The City of Light, no one would have known about the impending radiation death wave in the first place. :marc:
Nice try ALIE.... move along now

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
So excited to have :black101: Genghis Clarke :black101: back tonight!

What's the over/under on how many people die this final season?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TONIGHT? How did I miss that it was this week???

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I know right? I was like "man, when was this show meant to come back on? OH poo poo"

My body is ready.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

pahuyuth posted:

So excited to have :black101: Genghis Clarke :black101: back tonight!

60% of all grounders.

95% of all NuSkyCru

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

pahuyuth posted:

Wait, this is the FINAL final season? Heck yeah, they don't have to hold anything back.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a source for this final season stuff?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I may be wrong but I could swear I saw somewhere that this is the final season. But I am dumb so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Okay,, so how does primfaya, which apparently can boil away shallow oceans, skip this one little valley? And where is the water coming from that's creating this flowing stream?

The science in this show has never been solid, but this is a bit much.

• Locked thread