Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Who installed the anime faces mod? I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Hi Yellow, this is a death zone, the town probably built the road over the tracks themselves

e: or it was intentional, i've been seeing a lot of crashes here nevertheless :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

A good rail network requires the periodic sacrifice of lesser vehicles.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The local authority probably doesn't appreciate all the herses they need to supply, there's a death at least once a year there if not .ore frequently.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Today's SP challenge: Start a 64x64 map, 4-5 towns, industries "funding only", vanilla everything, try to grow the towns to fill the entire map.

My progress in 2011:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

nielsm posted:

Today's SP challenge: Start a 64x64 map, 4-5 towns, industries "funding only", vanilla everything, try to grow the towns to fill the entire map.

My progress in 2011:

How's the progress?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
...also, new map?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

serious norman posted:

How's the progress?

Nothing more on that. I've been too busy preparing for vacation in Japan, and have arrived now. I expect to not play much OTTD for the next 2+ weeks :)

And by the way, version 1.8 RC1 was released a short while ago, I don't think it has any really significant changes so I'd say just stick to 1.7.2 until 1.8.0 proper releases.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 23, 2021

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Does anyone like (one tile) rivers? I'm not sure why I enable them during map generation. I don't like how they look on the map, for a while (idk about now) you couldn't build them (so once you destroy a tile you have two disjointed rivers), they don't deform the terrain (so they're just these one tile weird looking rivers, if they were slope,water,slope like a one tile 'lake' then they would look good), and I don't play with ships so they don't do anything for me.

I feel like they should have spent the time developing rivers as one water tile wide but with slopes on either side.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Still playing? I am up for a reset..

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
also i'm halvung

piratepilates posted:

Does anyone like (one tile) rivers? I'm not sure why I enable them during map generation. I don't like how they look on the map, for a while (idk about now) you couldn't build them (so once you destroy a tile you have two disjointed rivers), they don't deform the terrain (so they're just these one tile weird looking rivers, if they were slope,water,slope like a one tile 'lake' then they would look good), and I don't play with ships so they don't do anything for me.

I feel like they should have spent the time developing rivers as one water tile wide but with slopes on either side.

Just bomb the rivers when you can afford it :)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Good news! Developers are on track to possibly massive improvements in ship pathfinding performance for next major version.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

nielsm posted:

Good news! Developers are on track to possibly massive improvements in ship pathfinding performance for next major version.

Nice. Anyone up for a reset? It's been a long time ...

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

A small-ish map (512x512 maybe?) with few industries? To force some competition.
But everything basically standard, with flat-ish terrain, "random" map edges.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

nielsm posted:

A small-ish map (512x512 maybe?) with few industries? To force some competition.
But everything basically standard, with flat-ish terrain, "random" map edges.

Seems fun for a change, might make a more active game.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Your trains are deadlocked.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

nielsm posted:

Your trains are deadlocked.

Thanks

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

There's too many signals around that station. Doesn't follow the rule of thumb for PBS: "Don't place a signal if a train stopping there could block other routes."

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Thanks, I made it better yesterday

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Is cargodist not turned on for valuables? I set up trucks to run them to airports and they refused to deliver them because the airport itself wouldn't accept them, even though there were routes to other places that would.

Thanks for running this, been a blast learning the game and I apologise if I've run the clock maybe more than I would if I knew what I was doing from the start.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Joined and saw most of the map is built out, so I just made some weird bus routes and stuff. And a pretty profitable coal line to pay for it all.
Didn't set a password on the company, go ahead and fiddle with it whoever joins.

Any timeline on when you will start a new map? Very few things left in this one that aren't already taken.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Top half of the map is (mostly) free now if anybody wants to mess with it until new map.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Made a scenario, want to suggest it for next game:

Download

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Huh turns out I accidentally left the "Busybee" gamescript enabled in the scenario. It gives you a bunch of goals you can try to achieve, but none of them are mandatory. They can just be annoying if you don't care for it.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

The cities are growing, consuming everything.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it is good to see my legacy lives on even though i got busy and stopped playing for a while

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

nielsm posted:

The cities are growing, consuming everything.

grey_goo.grf

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I remember originally playing this (OpenTTD, never played the original) and at first I was disappointed in not having more control over city planning.

Then I realized that that's what Sim City is for, now I get to play Virtual Planes, Trains, and Automobiles without worrying about plumbing and police coverage :toot:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

TT cities are just semi-abstract passenger factories.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I remember originally playing this (OpenTTD, never played the original) and at first I was disappointed in not having more control over city planning.
All the city planning you need:

1. Explode city block
2. Plant lots of trees
3. Bribe city council
Repeat

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the game is not played correctly if it is not an urban hellscape by 2025

mynameisbatman
Oct 3, 2008

I miss playing this with you dudes. Can't wait til I can use a mouse again and play trains.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Almost a month since the last post here, I vote for reset https://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=36271 Latvia maybe?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Hey, so I'm the idiot that built down near Pastavy and failed to work out of his loans. Sorry about that. Next map I should be less inept!