Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Wrar posted:

It's true. One dial for temp, one for fan speed, one for the blend door position. You only need two buttons. One for AC and one for recirc.

My non premium 16 is sort of like this. Its a lot uglier with a smaller screen but the physical buttons make sense and I don’t have to worry about fingerprints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Yeah if it's non premium you get hard buttons. If it's premium you get to deal with the Sync bullshit for most climate controls, which is an example of the exact problem carplay/android auto was built to solve. Car manufacturers loving suck at designing interfaces.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
My biggest complaint with sync 3 is that there's no way to default to Bluetooth for audio.

The HVAC is fine. Set to auto, adjust up/down as needed. The screen is no big deal if you really need to adjust more than that. Easy enough to press HVAC select the zone and turn the fan up.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

H2SO4 posted:

Yeah if it's non premium you get hard buttons. If it's premium you get to deal with the Sync bullshit for most climate controls, which is an example of the exact problem carplay/android auto was built to solve. Car manufacturers loving suck at designing interfaces.

One problem I’m running into with Sync 1 is that it doesn’t do anything as fast as when it was new with my iPhone 6s. It used to index my music quickly and was a breeze to navigate quickly with the physical buttons, which is what I wanted when I bought it.

Now it takes 5 seconds to register an input and if I try more than one input during that five seconds it eventually pauses in a tantrum and I have to try again. There is no fast track skipping whatsoever without going back into the menu, which may take another 5 seconds.

Is there a way to update or reset the car software?

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
I ended up turning CarPlay off. The now playing screen looks like garbage imo. All I want to do is play music via USB and make calls via Bluetooth.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
My uncle has sync in his car and its complete SH*T, It takes forever to do anything with it.

I had a basic cd player radio w/ BT for a long time and I bought an Pioneer AVH-2300NEX receiver and its AMAZING! it does everything you guys want a radio to do w/o any of the bullsh**.
It did take me a long time to figure out the wiring, and now I even have a backup camera. Everything is up and running, but the cam is in my trunk.
I am still scared to drill a hole in the trunk. I really need to do this in the next day or so.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I dont know why these are so cheap but someone should buy them. I 100% would if they were 17s. :(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-W...uNW7Ncx&vxp=mtr

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

its for sale direct for the same price, so its a legit price. https://shop.afswheels.com/Mach-1-Wheels_c11.htm

however, to me it seems the popular new edge style wheels are Rovos Wheels, I am seeing those everywhere now, its like the Cobra / Saleen / Bullitt / & FR500 wheels are played out.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

kalvick posted:

My uncle has sync in his car and its complete SH*T, It takes forever to do anything with it.

I had a basic cd player radio w/ BT for a long time and I bought an Pioneer AVH-2300NEX receiver and its AMAZING! it does everything you guys want a radio to do w/o any of the bullsh**.

Dude, you can cuss here, it's okay.

ilkhan posted:

The HVAC is fine. Set to auto, adjust up/down as needed. The screen is no big deal if you really need to adjust more than that. Easy enough to press HVAC select the zone and turn the fan up.

I'd like to like auto, but sometimes my feet get hot even in auto and I want to specifically cool them off for a few minutes, and if you're in CarPlay that's not "easy enough" imo. I want a big fat blend select button like my '12 has :colbert:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Rolo posted:

One problem I’m running into with Sync 1 is that it doesn’t do anything as fast as when it was new with my iPhone 6s. It used to index my music quickly and was a breeze to navigate quickly with the physical buttons, which is what I wanted when I bought it.

Now it takes 5 seconds to register an input and if I try more than one input during that five seconds it eventually pauses in a tantrum and I have to try again. There is no fast track skipping whatsoever without going back into the menu, which may take another 5 seconds.

Is there a way to update or reset the car software?

So after some research it turns out my car is several versions/years behind and that you can update it via usb. The newest one addresses exactly what I’ve been whining about so fingers crossed I can see some improvements when I update this weekend.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
The SCARIEST thing I have ever done to my Mustang but the camera just got installed.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Well done! Even with the pics I couldn’t find it, so good placement.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Nice job kalv.

So today I learned what a qvale mangusta is, and that the interior is a bizarro sn95.

The rest of it is :chloe:. Want that steering wheel though.

edit: :lol: that speedo

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 28, 2018

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Only 161 in miles per hour

That interior is so jarring

thebigcow fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 29, 2018

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

thebigcow posted:

Only 161 in miles per hour

That interior is so jarring
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh km/h. That makes a lot more sense than a stock 4v 4.6 going 250mph. I'm an idiot.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Cage posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh km/h. That makes a lot more sense than a stock 4v 4.6 going 250mph. I'm an idiot.

We're all idiots here. This is the Mustang thread.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

kalvick posted:

Upon inspection of my Mustang I have noticed that the headlights have gone completely foggy again. I called up another body shop and explained how just 6 months ago before I put the car away into storage I had the lenses polished and they looked great.
I asked them if they could polish my lenses and apply some clear coat on them and guarantee it for more than a year. The guy said when headlights are cleaned multiple times it means it time to replace them. The guy said he would look at them and charge me $50 if he thinks he can fix it for a long term.

Now I may have to eat my hat if I replace my headlights because last year someone on this forum said just replace them and I said no its cheaper to just have them polished. I may not be able to do the polish method anymore.
If I do replace them I really do not want to spend $450 on OEM parts (I am generally leaning this direction, but frig it is freaking $450!)
I am afraid if I do buy the clones for $50 to $100, they will just be sh**.

if I look at aftermarket there are some options, the Dual Halo lenses are out of the question though. What do people think of these https://www.americanmuscle.com/94-04-black-projectors-dot.html there are 2 headlights w/o the halo but the lenses are smoked hiding the fact that they are not quite stock. Opinions?

Consider picking up a set of depo replacements instead of tyc. I've had the chance to handle a multitude of tyc products and a depo headlight that was shipped to me by mistake. They're pretty much universally bad. You can definitely feel a difference in the quality of the materials. Hell, even cheap rear end spyder aftermarket assemblies are better quality than tyc.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
My 04 GT has a weird rattle/whining noise coming from somewhere on the right side, and it’s driving me insane on the Autostrada. It doesn’t manifest on lower speeds, and I have no good idea how to look for it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Vahakyla posted:

My 04 GT has a weird rattle/whining noise coming from somewhere on the right side, and it’s driving me insane on the Autostrada. It doesn’t manifest on lower speeds, and I have no good idea how to look for it.

My 16 does this at highway speeds. Sounds like a bit of loose heat shielding or something but I haven’t gotten a chance to peek at it.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Vahakyla posted:

With the car in park and the engine on, open the hood and pull the throttle linkage that will simulate the higher speed and you can maybe see where the rattle is coming from if its an engine issue?

the only things that could rattle on that side that i can immediately think of...
is the air filter or pipe to the throttle body loose?
is the belt slipping/old?
is the idler pulley needing to be replaced? thats my go to guess.

squeak diagnostic = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEUe6uKxTv8

http://i.fixya.net/uploads/images/180d9b6.gif = here is an engine pulley/belt diagram.

link to replace idle pulley https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8678C/96-04-Mustang-46L-Smooth-Upper-Idler-Pulley
link to replace tensioner https://lmr.com/item/LRS-49293/Goodyear-Mustang-Belt-Tensioner-00-04

kalvick fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 29, 2018

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Is the fake brake ducting peeling away?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Elmnt80 posted:

Consider picking up a set of depo replacements instead of tyc. I've had the chance to handle a multitude of tyc products and a depo headlight that was shipped to me by mistake. They're pretty much universally bad. You can definitely feel a difference in the quality of the materials. Hell, even cheap rear end spyder aftermarket assemblies are better quality than tyc.
Any pointers on where I could pick these up? I agree on TYC, but I'm having a heck of a time finding DEPO anywhere. Mostly ebay listings that say "this tyc headlamp will replace the depo headlamp for this car".

(2000 Mustang GT Coupe, for reference.)

Yay, came home to this:

Why are people so crappy?

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 29, 2018

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Order guide for 2019s is out. Bullitt included.
480 HP. I want one. 😞

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

ilkhan posted:

480 HP. I want one. 😞

I'm still salty about rev matching.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Why? It's a good thing?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Finally got my stupid sync to start an update. The Ford site specifically tells you to use a 32GB exFat drive, which will not work. Fat32 and 2gb, however, did.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

ilkhan posted:

480 HP. I want one. 😞

Makes me wonder how far they are from 100hp/L in the standard GT. Pretty sure that would be an all time first for a truly standard production American V8 that isn't some sort of special edition thing.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

ilkhan posted:

Why? It's a good thing?

Salty that they're adding it to 2019's after I bought a 2018.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

opengl128 posted:

Salty that they're adding it to 2019's after I bought a 2018.
Life moves on.
Lol

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
O M F G

TYC headlights

LITERALLY O M F G

You guys are right. They are terrible.

Actually the light part of it seems to be perfectly fine, every single part of the manufacturing process must have been from a child using Google 3d studio and ms paint to 3d print this thing.

With some of the weather stripping pulled back, you can see there is gaps into the headlight and a ton of extra glue all over the place.

There are these bits of seran wrap like tape that is melted to the weather stripping.

The weather stripping is not long enough to go around the corner of the head light. When I took it out of the box it looked fine.

The light bulb aim adjuster is literally half an inch away from the bracket, the screwdriver has to go in at an angle to adjust.

the drivers side adjuster is in the correct location for reference.

The weather stripping is not long enough to go around the corner of the head light. When I took it out of the box it looked fine.

There is a huge hairline piece of plastic scratch on the inside side of the head light. You cant see it unless the sun is directly shining on it.

kalvick fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 30, 2018

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Opinions on shiftknobs, I have a white ball for a B&M shifter. I want something new and cool, but I dont want a shift pattern or a brand logo on it. it also needs to have a 1/2-20 thread.

I am thinking a red #3 pool ball or something would be kinda cool. but whatever ---- recommendations.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

kalvick posted:

Opinions on shiftknobs, I have a white ball for a B&M shifter. I want something new and cool, but I dont want a shift pattern or a brand logo on it. it also needs to have a 1/2-20 thread.

I am thinking a red #3 pool ball or something would be kinda cool. but whatever ---- recommendations.

Chrome skull.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have the stock shift knob from the mach 1 hanging around if you want it, I think the pattern is lightly engraved on the top though.

edit:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hahaha the loving Crowd Wrecker.

That’s so amazing.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Cage posted:

I have the stock shift knob from the mach 1 hanging around if you want it, I think the pattern is lightly engraved on the top though.

edit:

If I had one, would buy it in a heartbeat.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
It's adorable how optimistic putting "crowd" up in 4th is.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Beautiful day out today so I got my summer wheels on and cleaned off some of the winter dirt thats been on there for months.

I need to paint my tailpipes...

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Oxford white is just the best on S550's and that stance is perfect. Looks amazing!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
One year ago today :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
:rip: indeed. What was the black car next to your Mustang? Is that a Pontiac G8?