Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Congrats cmndstab!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
congrats cmndstab

also watching footy news helps you avoid political news, you'll be begging for updates on Sloane contract details when Abbotts affair with Credlin finally drops

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Periphery posted:

I don't care that I'm triple posting:

https://twitter.com/AdamBarclay86/status/979655987580649472

It really needs to have the burning hot plastic falling onto a drawf to give it the real StKilda feeling imo. 7/10

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

cmndstab posted:

Looks like I chose a good season to stop paying any attention to footy news and just watch the games. Blindfolds and Yellow and Black on loop sounds pretty wacky but I'll take a 36 point win any day of the week :)

Also I forget if I already told you guys but I am now a dad, my baby daughter was born last week Monday :) Funny how that kind of thing makes you care a lot less about whether Tex is angry about leaks or whatever the gently caress is apparently going on.

Also apparently like half the cricket team has resigned or been suspended or something I don't loving know, time to get back to bottle feeding and fitting in 60 minute powernaps between nappy changes!

Congrats cmndstab! That’s fantastic news

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

cmndstab posted:

Looks like I chose a good season to stop paying any attention to footy news and just watch the games. Blindfolds and Yellow and Black on loop sounds pretty wacky but I'll take a 36 point win any day of the week :)

Also I forget if I already told you guys but I am now a dad, my baby daughter was born last week Monday :) Funny how that kind of thing makes you care a lot less about whether Tex is angry about leaks or whatever the gently caress is apparently going on.
Congrats. Now's the time to sign her up for a ground membership!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

cmndstab posted:

Also I forget if I already told you guys but I am now a dad, my baby daughter was born last week Monday :)

Congrats!

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

cmndstab posted:

Also apparently like half the cricket team has resigned or been suspended or something I don't loving know, time to get back to bottle feeding and fitting in 60 minute powernaps between nappy changes!

Congrats stabby!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

That was one of the worst games of footy I've ever seen the Saints play. The skills were non-existent, the contested ball was loving weak as piss (lost the count by 31!), and we were completely unorganized all over the ground. loving pathetic and if we keep playing like this we'll be hard pressed to win more than 5 games for the season.

At the very least I have a much shorter distance this year if I want to burn the club down.

I think that literally was the worst match Ive seen, at least live. Ive seen us get smashed before in the spoon years, even against Essendon last year but at those where when we were garbage or against at least a reasonable team.

What we showed yesterday was a complete breakdown of mental fortitude. Just about all those players have shown before how good they can play and about four of them brought it with them. I really have no loving idea.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey hey cmndstab, congratulations! Get her into Crows gear ASAP before any cheeky relatives think a Port or Collingwood onesie is appropriate.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Congrats cmndstab 🙂

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

cmndstab posted:

Congratulations mate! I hope mum and bub are doing well.

Yeah, the cricket side is going through huge changes (finally). This interview with Tim Paine is fairly interesting in regards to how he is handling the Australian captaincy:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22968444/tim-paine-redefines-australia-captaincy

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Carltons decision not to play any ruckman going about as well as you'd expect.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Good to see that Carlton is willing to challenge the Saints for the Spoon this year.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Weird Sandwich posted:

Carltons decision not to play any ruckman going about as well as you'd expect.

Could it be we arent the most insipid team this round??

*EDIT, WRONG CARLTON KICKED A GOAL.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
This umpiring has been as big a factor as any. Woeful.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Carltons decision not to pay off the umpires going about as well as you'd expect.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

What if the Suns figured out this whole 'football' thing?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I thought Garlett left?

EDIT: Carlton don't look that bad, they just can't hold marks for poo poo (and the umpires are ROASTING them)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Different Garlett.

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/979927323280633857

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Umpiring has got the Blues back in the game in the last 5 minutes. Some incredibly soft or non-existent frees paid.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Surely Hall ran more than 15m there considering he dodged about 15 tackles

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Caaaarrllltttooonn.... are bad!

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

What if the Suns who have now dispatched 2 opponents handily are actually kind of alright???

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

hiddenmovement posted:

What if the Suns who have now dispatched 2 opponents handily are actually kind of alright???

Who knew it was the bald headed god-botherer that was holding them back?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Fuuuuuck he just broke he leg around the goal post.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Football is a mistake

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

BrigadierSensible posted:

Who knew it was the bald headed god-botherer that was holding them back?

Which is why Melbourne beat Geelong last week.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Jeezus Scully might've broken his ankle now too

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Thanks all :unsmith: We're doing alright, she's a little bit unsettled at times but by and large doing well. I've been able to get a few weeks off (a "well-timed" calf injury gave me an extra week at home!) which has helped.

hiddenmovement posted:

congrats cmndstab

also watching footy news helps you avoid political news, you'll be begging for updates on Sloane contract details when Abbotts affair with Credlin finally drops

I've already managed to avoid Australian politics by becoming obsessed with US politics instead. All the insanity and hilarity (arguably more) with the added bonus that it only indirectly affects me!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Sure am glad I looked up footage of those injuries

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol the GWS forward line are a bunch of muppets

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Windmill Hut posted:

Jeezus Scully might've broken his ankle now too

And yet footy is such a cruel mistress that she refuses to cripple Greene

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Neither GWS nor Collingwood deserve to win this

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

After watching St Kilda let down their fans so badly against a bottom 4 side yesterday I'm looking forward to the Dees going all "hold my chardonnay"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Chairchucker posted:

Which is why Melbourne beat Geelong last week.

I'm not sure "scraped over the line against Melbourne" is quite the strong showing you think it is

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

nathan suckley

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

After watching St Kilda let down their fans so badly against a bottom 4 side yesterday I'm looking forward to the Dees going all "hold my chardonnay"

This

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm not sure "scraped over the line against Melbourne" is quite the strong showing you think it is

They're no (last year's) GCS tho

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The gabba surface looks like astorturf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Commentator just said "Melbourne fans are very confident they'll make the finals in 2018"

Have you ever even met a melbourne supporter in your life?