Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Thanks for the work resurrecting SALR! Has anyone figured out any kind of replacement for TabMixPlus? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Serfer posted:

Open the dashboard, go to my filters, and add forums.somethingawful.com/css/219.css

Well I was close! (I only had just 219.css. Yes, I dont know what I was expecting either.)

Thanks my dude.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

astral posted:

It's done (for the next alpha version).

Most most awesome. As soon as the heist goes through, I'll be able to send you guys a donation...

(Yeah, just used the uploader again tonight.)

Thanks again!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Not a bug or anything, Astral, but if you could give me the color hex for the default colors of the Moderator/Admin/Youtube link/ect highlighting, I would appreciate it :shobon: You said you changed it to the less intense colors the old SALR had, and I can't seem to find a 'reset to defaults' setting anywhere.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yet another bug report:

While the the "insert tag under the cursor" part got fixed, when the tags are inserted, the cursor goes to the end of the closing tag, instead of the middle of the tags.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Not a bug or anything, Astral, but if you could give me the color hex for the default colors of the Moderator/Admin/Youtube link/ect highlighting, I would appreciate it :shobon: You said you changed it to the less intense colors the old SALR had, and I can't seem to find a 'reset to defaults' setting anywhere.

Mod/admin highlighting still needs an upgrade on Redux to have separate options for fg/bg colors.
Legacy SALR's defaults for the rest (sorry for the lazy formatting):

code:
['darkRead']                     = '#bbccdd';
['lightRead']                    = '#ddeeff';
['darkNewReplies']               = '#cfdfcf';
['lightNewReplies']              = '#e1f1e1';
['youtubeHighlight']             = '#ffcccc';
And you might (not) be surprised to learn that a button to reset color settings to defaults is on the to-do list already!

iospace posted:

Yet another bug report:

While the the "insert tag under the cursor" part got fixed, when the tags are inserted, the cursor goes to the end of the closing tag, instead of the middle of the tags.

This is also a planned improvement.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Is it possible to make links in the jump list open in a new tab when the active tab is pinned, the way clicking a bookmark works?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Toast Museum posted:

Is it possible to make links in the jump list open in a new tab when the active tab is pinned, the way clicking a bookmark works?

That scope should be able to check if it's pinned with minimal issue, yes; it's possible that this could eventually be added as an option.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

To do you a favor, I'll be probating myself tonight and reporting on how SALR handles it.

I know the old version threw an generic error when that was the case.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

iospace posted:

To do you a favor, I'll be probating myself tonight and reporting on how SALR handles it.

I know the old version threw an generic error when that was the case.

Having recently been on a one week probation, it worked fine.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, sounds good.

I may or may not have been looking for a reason to bump the thread and avoid archives :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's still doing that thing where I sometimes have to reload the thread before it'll let me bring up the posting window.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Every so often, I get a notification about forged posts?

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

astral posted:

It's been broken/disabled for a while in Redux, but good news! The next major release of Redux for chrome will have the revamped imgur upload along with more new features/improvements/fixes.

I saw that there was the new release for Firefox, is Chrome redux going to get the changes as well?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren:Firefox SALR Redux v2.1.8.13a12 is out on addons.mozilla.org!!

Notes:

quote:

• Image uploader improvements:
    • Option to thumbnail uploaded images - places image in timg tags instead of img. Checkbox defaults to unchecked but will remember its value as long as the image upload panel remains open.
    • You can now click the drag+drop area to select a file yourself as an alternative to dragging and dropping.

• Fixes an issue where the last3pages setting would break threads with only one page.

• BBCode tags added via the buttons in quick reply now put the text cursor between the newly-inserted tags if no text was previously selected.

e: I've slightly tweaked the permissions so we never have to worry about hitting the regular addon local storage quota so you will see a message like this:

astral fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 18, 2018

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Thanks for all the hard work!

Passburger
May 4, 2013
Is there something I can do to prevent the addon from forgetting certain settings every time I close my browser? My thread highlighting keeps reseting to standard values as soon as I close the browser. Other than that, thanks for all the effort you've been putting into the addon!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Passburger posted:

Is there something I can do to prevent the addon from forgetting certain settings every time I close my browser? My thread highlighting keeps reseting to standard values as soon as I close the browser. Other than that, thanks for all the effort you've been putting into the addon!

Is your browser set to clear history/etc on close?

Passburger
May 4, 2013
Nope, but I do have cookie-cleaner add-ons and I clear my browsing history every now and then. If I try to add an exception to SA or SALR, will that help?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Passburger posted:

Nope, but I do have cookie-cleaner add-ons and I clear my browsing history every now and then. If I try to add an exception to SA or SALR, will that help?

The problem is likely because SALR Redux is using localStorage. SALR Chrome was designed when localStorage was the only way to keep extension preferences - storage.local is the replacement for extensions, and unlike localStorage it isn't cleared along with your browser history. I'm working on changing Redux over to use storage.local (and the careful migration of user data thereto), but I haven't had a ton of time for it so it's slow going.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, a bug report and a feature request:

Feature:
Right now, imgur uploader sticks the image at the end of the post, not under cursor. Could this be changed to be under cursor please?

Bug:
<Text vanishes when prefaced with a left angle bracket.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

iospace posted:

Alright, a bug report and a feature request:

Feature:
Right now, imgur uploader sticks the image at the end of the post, not under cursor. Could this be changed to be under cursor please?

That's intentional. The upload doesn't block text entry and there's no guarantee how fast it'll complete, so it gets thrown at the end rather than in the middle of whatever you're typing at that moment.

quote:

Bug:
<Text vanishes when prefaced with a left angle bracket.

Looks like a preview parsing bug, thanks for the report.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

astral posted:

The problem is likely because SALR Redux is using localStorage. SALR Chrome was designed when localStorage was the only way to keep extension preferences - storage.local is the replacement for extensions, and unlike localStorage it isn't cleared along with your browser history. I'm working on changing Redux over to use storage.local (and the careful migration of user data thereto), but I haven't had a ton of time for it so it's slow going.

It's cool man, take your time. At least now I know why this is happening :)
Thanks!

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

astral posted:

That's intentional. The upload doesn't block text entry and there's no guarantee how fast it'll complete, so it gets thrown at the end rather than in the middle of whatever you're typing at that moment.
Perhaps we make it so that if you upload an image and don't type, it'll place it at the cursor, else it'll do it at the end.

I'd like to make that the functionality for quoting posts with the quick reply window open.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Bug report: If you post and then hit the back button to go back to the page you were on before you posted, the quick reply window will stay up and won't go back down despite hitting the buttons on top.

You can replicate by posting, then hitting the back button. The quick post window will not minimize/go away.

Thanks for all your work on this!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Master_Odin posted:

Perhaps we make it so that if you upload an image and don't type, it'll place it at the cursor, else it'll do it at the end.

I'd like to make that the functionality for quoting posts with the quick reply window open.

Sounds good.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

You could also insert a temporary replacement-tag in the post as soon as the upload begins, and do a search-replace for the temporary tag with the final URL to the image when upload completes.
Temporary tag could be something like [img]uploading-34534262[/img] with a random number.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

SALR is great and the only reason why I haven't gone from Chrome to Edge of all things yet. A tiny thing though that I noticed; when you minimize the quick reply window with live preview active, upon bringing it back up live preview is off by default. Is there a way to get live preview appear automatically again when you bring the quick reply window back up?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

SALR is great and the only reason why I haven't gone from Chrome to Edge of all things yet. A tiny thing though that I noticed; when you minimize the quick reply window with live preview active, upon bringing it back up live preview is off by default. Is there a way to get live preview appear automatically again when you bring the quick reply window back up?

I agree that it should remember the state of the preview when minimizing the window.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Just got this error again.

It pops up every so often, usually on large replies. Any suggestions about how to avoid this?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Seems to be an issue with the forums in general, ZDR is looking into it

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Seems to be an issue with the forums in general, ZDR is looking into it

Cool. So it's not just me.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's the in-built forums quality control finally kicking in. :smugdog:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

It's the in-built forums quality control finally kicking in. :smugdog:

:argh:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hm. Trying to post in the D&D Trump thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851537) using Quick Reply fails, giving an error message that it was a bad/invalid request and a reminder that third-party posting (like Awful App or SALR) isn't officially supported. Other threads seem to work fine, including this one, if this post goes through.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Teddybear posted:

Hm. Trying to post in the D&D Trump thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851537) using Quick Reply fails, giving an error message that it was a bad/invalid request and a reminder that third-party posting (like Awful App or SALR) isn't officially supported. Other threads seem to work fine, including this one, if this post goes through.

On the first failed attempt, resubmit it. ZDR is aware of the bug and currently has bigger fish to fry (read: real world priorities).

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

iospace posted:

On the first failed attempt, resubmit it. ZDR is aware of the bug and currently has bigger fish to fry (read: real world priorities).

Oh, ok. Is it on the forums side, then, and not on the app? And by 'resubmit' do you mean go back and redo the post, or refresh the page, or...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Teddybear posted:

Oh, ok. Is it on the forums side, then, and not on the app? And by 'resubmit' do you mean go back and redo the post, or refresh the page, or...

Redo the post, and yeah, it's forum-side.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

iospace posted:

Redo the post, and yeah, it's forum-side.

Okay, good to know. I'll make sure to give my posts a quick ctrl+a, ctrl+c for a while to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Is there any way for you to avoid the keyboard navigation shortcuts being invoked when the user types a browser chord?

i.e. Control+F jumps to first post on the current page.