Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010
Something goes here.
Oh my god lmpact.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/platf...ut-by-adult-fan

This took place at an Impact taping apparently. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Every wrestler that thinks spitting at fans is good heat should get their teeth knocked out by a fan.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh my god lmpact.

Halfway across the country Jim Cornette is smiling, though he doesn't know why

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I like how there’s nobody there to stop him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aphrodite posted:

they were late paying security

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I can't wait for that dipshit to make a shirt with the kid's face covered in spit and the phrase "I SPIT ON A CHILD (with my mouth)" at the bottom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aphrodite posted:

Dude spit at a kid, security probably was in no hurry to defend that piece of poo poo.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Salinas is an.....interesting place hahaha

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My hot take: I hate kids but you shouldn’t spit on them.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RZApublican posted:

Halfway across the country Jim Cornette is smiling, though he doesn't know why

That’s how you get an assault charge numbnuts, you’re supposed to do the exaggerated HOCK PTUI like we did back in the Louisville Gardens in ‘87

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I saw the clip but missed that he spit on the kid and thought he got jumped for pulling a sike on a kid

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

TNA did 390,000 viewers/an 0.10 rating last week, their highest number in a year

god drat it why won't this company die

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Isn't it lowkey good now?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Yeah in the sense that WCW was low key good in 2001 after they cast off Russo and Bischoff and all of them and brought in hot indie talent again

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As someone who watches TNA more regularly than he'd like to admit, it's really not. They basically have Josh Mathews doing a low-rent Heel Cole gimmick while also being "spiritual advisor" to Matt Sydal, and Jimmy Jacobs managing (good!) Kongo Kong (:geno:)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

TTBF posted:

Isn't it lowkey good now?

I’ve heard that before

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Maybe Austin Aries is a bigger draw than we thought (or just riding the typical post-WWE wave of interest, which seems more likely)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’ve heard that before

Too many times, unfortunately. The brand is basically poisoned forever, even if it suddenly got great it would probably fail to get traction because people quite justifiably got tired of giving it so many chances.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think if they got on a bigger network again they'd be right back to 1.1 every week

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh my god lmpact.

this rules. Devin Danger issued a Bad Apology: https://twitter.com/TheDevinDANGER/status/979591180580093952

and some of the replies to it are horrific! outside of the dudes saying "it's cool to spit on a child to get heel heat at this nothing indie," you get this fella:

https://twitter.com/BruiserBalogna/status/979859093803487234

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Don’t assault children.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Don’t assault children.

After long consideration, I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this controversial take.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Too many times, unfortunately. The brand is basically poisoned forever, even if it suddenly got great it would probably fail to get traction because people quite justifiably got tired of giving it so many chances.

TNA is stuck in a gravity well of suck. It can sign every hot act willing to work cheap TV spots, get fans back but they'll hire some combination of Russo/Bischoff/Hogan and kill their numbers again.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TNA has rarely had trouble getting people to tune into Impact, outside of when WWE is on at the same time and the very end of the Spike era (and even that one wasn't why they got kicked off), their issue has always been that they haven't been able to turn those viewers into paying customers.

Unless they can fix that, they'll be TNA.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TNA's best hope is to become the excursion promotion for AAA and Noah's talent

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jenkem Delivery posted:

TNA's best hope is to become the excursion promotion for AAA and Noah's talent

Given what they did with Okada when they had him, how likely is that to happen (or to work) though?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joe Doering being on weekly national TV wouldn't be worth this

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I believe almost any company should stay alive if they can find a way to succeed.

However, there are some companies so toxic that they deserve to go out of business post haste.

TNA is one of those companies.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
They're past a point of no return, I feel. They have a tiny roster, a toxic brand, and they can't even hold on to any talent they have because their owners keep thinking "We'll make money on this by cutting costs!"

By this point they can't even claim at all to be the #2 wrestling promotion behind WWE. The indies are actually doing better than they have been, you can tune into feds from all points of the globe by now. And some small upstart promotion will at least have some energy and goodwill and a "let's put on a show" quality to it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
ROH has been the undisputed No. 2 promotion for a while now

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Benne posted:

Yeah even PWG has leapfrogged them now they're running a bigger venue

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
They're pretty much at a solid 4 tied with Lucha Underground in terms of gates, viewership, and willingness to job out your top talent to ex-WWE low midcard guys in a shameless attempt to get people to watch.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

They're pretty much at a solid 4 tied with Lucha Underground in terms of gates, viewership, and willingness to job out your top talent to ex-WWE low midcard guys in a shameless attempt to get people to watch.

Their viewership is much higher.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

I'm balancing it against Lucha Underground actually making people pay money for tickets for tapings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah you’d have to be to watch a whole episode.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It's weird looking at this thread these days because I don't even know what TNA is anymore. Like, who is the figurehead? Everyone important who represents TNA is gone. Jarrett's gone, Dixie's gone, Corgan's gone and so on.

TNA's shambled on as a walking corpse for so long but now it's really just a husk with no identity.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gavok posted:

Like, who is the figurehead?

Josh Matthews, probably

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

http://impactwrestling.com/impact-wrestling-live-on-twitch-at-wrestlecon-thursday-sunday/

Who wants to create the "Watch Trevor Lee Eat Food" GDT?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement...ROH has been on the decline for a long time. The special feeling of 2005–2006 is long gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not a ringing endorsement of what