Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Crosspost

Inspector_666 posted:

Also Altuve went to the White House (Correa didn't) but he looked miserable and didn't really talk to Trump or shake his hand so now I fully approve of him winning MVP.

https://twitter.com/HannahRKeyser/status/973241776671805441

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I rather them take a day off then to stand around awkwardly.

I was laughing at Springer though. He kept darting his eyes at Trump and I think Trump caught him staring.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress yeah Altuve getting paid

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

7/163.5 is still a huge bargain for him unless he falls off a cliff

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I saw Kyle Tucker was moved to minor league camp. Even with the stacked outfield I can't imagine he'll be there that long.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Brandon Bailey has a pretty fantastic blog about his experience at Astros training camp in case you're interested:

https://brandonbailey1994.com/2018/03/20/fastball-curveball-slider-change/

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kyle Tucker good.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Agreed. I'll be shocked if he's not promoted early in the season

https://twitter.com/astros/status/978455722638893057

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Agreed. I'll be shocked if he's not promoted early in the season

https://twitter.com/astros/status/978455722638893057

If he's promoted it'll be late June, service time games are a bitch

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Does anyone here want tickets to tonight's game against the Brew Crew? You can have them for free and they're pretty solid seats.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Does anyone here want tickets to tonight's game against the Brew Crew? You can have them for free and they're pretty solid seats.

They don't play today?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I do believe Sab got swindled.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Edward Mass posted:

That's my bad - I looked out the window and say the Brewers logo on the Jumbotron - thought there was a last ST game today.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

He suspected it wasn't actually spelled Millwawkee

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

drat - y'all are harsh - was just trying to give away some tickets to a game that doesn't exist to strangers on the internet I don't know.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Along the same lines, is anyone interested in buying some tickets for the game against the Padres next Saturday (04/07) off of me? My stepmother-in-law got them for me for Christmas not knowing that I'm already going to WrestleMania that weekend. Asking $220 for the pair; section 113, row 14, two adjacent seats somewhere between seats 1-6. Still waiting on my in-law to actually email me the ticket PDF since the sheet she gave me on Christmas day was just the confirmation email, but I'll send over proof once I get it.

If it makes any difference, the giveaway that day is replica World Series championship rings :cool:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Four more hours! I cannot wait, please freeze me and wake me up in four hours, thanks.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Holy poo poo George Springer owns so loving much

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
This start from Verlander makes me feel real good,

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What is this....World Series slump?

Edit: I literally love Justin Verlander.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 29, 2018

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
A good way to start the season

Happy to have baseball back

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hilariously it didn't even seem like Verlander had his best stuff today

Also the Astros blew some opportunities, like coming out with only one run with the bases loaded and no outs and Altuve/Correa/Marwin coming up

Next is Keuchel vs Fister which :lol:

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I really hope Keuchel shows out this season (I think he will). I am trying to find a video of the McCann single but the internet is failing me this early morning.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Astro buddies, my life is so much better now than it was around playoff time last year.

With my divorce behind me, and a new girlfriend who is just as big an Astros fanatic as I am (my ex-wife was not a sports fan at all), we've committed to watching every possible game together. Can't wait to ride the season out with you guys.

BTW, those of you who know my grandmother passed, here's a photo of her "rocker jacket", which has patches on it from every band she ever saw live (she didn't cheat and just get a patch, she got them AT the concerts):

It is the mascot of the 2018 Astros Watching Season for me.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That is the coolest rocker jacket I've ever seen - your grandmother must have been a hell of a person.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

That owns - here's to your grandma who seems super cool - how old was she when she was crushing Metallica concerts??

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
She was still going to concerts as late as her mid-70s. She started developing health problems in her late 70s which kept her from going, but she was doing it right up until then.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Crossposting

Edward Mass posted:

YEAR SIX OF NOT BEING ABLE TO WATCH THE ASTROS IS TONIGHT

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
dude, that sucks. Why can't you watch the Astros?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
AT&T SportsNet is on DirecTV, AT&T U-Verse, Xfinity, and a bunch of small companies.

I have Spectrum, and am in no place to change providers.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I thought I was being real clever by getting NordVPN and the MLB.tv package.

Nope. Can't access mlb.com on my PC when the vpn is turned on and can't figure out what to do, so that's a lot of money out the window for nothing.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I mean, look at this poo poo:

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

For no reason I'll say unlocator dot com and, like, somewhere in Canada is pretty cool.

Oops I'm ramblin' postin', what I meant to say was damnit score some drat runs. Nobody should have to not be able to watch this game we shouldn't be losing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

Next is Keuchel vs Fister which :lol:

WELP

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Joke’s on you for having any faith in Keuchel after last year

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Baseball am I right??

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
That Altuve run getting called back was bullshit :colbert:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm not going to defend Keuchel's performance but we had plenty of chances to get in that game offensively

Not gonna poo poo myself over one loss in April though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
True. But I hate the Rangers a lot

• Locked thread