Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

cis autodrag posted:

Unpack that a little?

Lucian is probably mentally ill and prone to twitter meltdowns. Santino's Twitter feed is mostly capslock raw veganism and new-age word salad. I've listened to almost none of What's the Tee, but I've heard that a recurring theme is whatever magical thinking Michelle is into that week.

Edit: I would watch a challenge involving queens dramatically reading Santino's Twitter feed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

My favorite Lucian thing was when he posted a bunch of foot fetish things on twitter and instagram.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Santino also had some short-lived video series on maintaining a raw food healthy diet, in which his skin colour was closer to a simpsons character than a healthy human being

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Didn't Santino post a vid of him getting railed by some dude to his FB at some point?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Seluin posted:

My favorite Lucian thing was when he posted a bunch of foot fetish things on twitter and instagram.

what the gently caress is it with feet guys

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I remember the explanation post for Lucien was that he had ingested an 800mg weed edible that sent him on a week-long meltdown. I feel physically ill if I push it past 100. 800 sounds like a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad time but not call-your-friend/co-worker-the-n-word bad.

Toast Museum posted:

I've listened to almost none of What's the Tee
On a whim I listened to the Andrew W.K. episode and goddrat Ru's even thirstier for Andrew W.K. than Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman only it's not a bit.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

Michelle is just hella new age and into like oil pulling and not wearing deodorant and stuff. All about keeping toxins outta her body.

Oh. I work in tech so that kinda thing is kinda normal for the upper crusty whole foods set. It's a trip as a girl who literally grew up on a neighborhood where police didn't respond to calls to be around people like that.

also I'm allergic to deodorant so enjoy my smellz bitches

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

caligulamprey posted:

On a whim I listened to the Andrew W.K. episode and goddrat Ru's even thirstier for Andrew W.K. than Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman only it's not a bit.

To be fair, Andrew W.K. is dreamy. :allears:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cant wait for the "I Get Wet" lsfyl

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Los Angeles makes you stupid

(and into really dumb/weird new agey nonsense)

my ex was super into his "blood type" diet, where based on his blood type he couldn't have broccoli and a bunch of other random poo poo. he was also vegan and gluten-free. good loving luck picking a restaurant.

needless to say, one of the major conflicts in our relationship was that I was a PhD scientist and he wasn't remotely interested in hearing a scientific perspective on anything ever; if Oprah, Dr. Oz, or Deepak Chopra said something that was obviously true and why are you even trying to talk about science ugh

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 31, 2018

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Pellisworth posted:

Much like your posting

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

Much like your posting

Honey. Hoooooney.

I used to do private science tutoring for a group of fabulously wealthy anti-vaxxers (they wrote and produced movies you've heard of). Two years ago I got shingles and they wanted me to come to work while contagious so I could deliberately give their kids chickenpox. And they would take their kids to a homeopath rather than an actual doctor. Yeah, people are loving stupid.

Unrelated, but it really seems to me that Yuhua is a trans-woman. I hope it's not offensive to think that, and it's also really terrible that RPDR apparently has a history of forcing trans-women to go off hormones during filming. Like what the gently caress, you wouldn't deny a diabetic insulin or a depressed person their anti-depression meds. Again, I hope that's not too clumsy of an analogy, it just seems really random and hurtful to deny someone medication which is fundamental to their everyday well-being.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 31, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I feel weird saying Yuhua is or isn't trans without some kind of confirmation, though I wouldn't be surprised if she were trans (or if she were just a super femme guy!)

So I did a little google-fu and it looks like at a red carpet event or smth for the premiere she mentioned she identifies as neither cis nor trans and is gender neutral.

quote:

“Drag is whatever you want to be and anybody should have the ability to have fun, be free, and play with drag because drag is for everybody,” Yuhua said. “I’m not trans or cisgender, I identify as gender neutral and I got on the show. So drag is for everybody and I’m here to represent that community.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/drag-race-queens-sound-off-on-rupaul-and-trans-performers-drag-is-for-everybody

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Pellisworth posted:

Honey. Hoooooney.

I used to do private science tutoring for a group of fabulously wealthy anti-vaxxers (they wrote and produced movies you've heard of). Two years ago I got shingles and they wanted me to come to work while contagious so I could deliberately give their kids chickenpox. And they would take their kids to a homeopath rather than an actual doctor. Yeah, people are loving stupid.

Unrelated, but it really seems to me that Yuhua is a trans-woman. I hope it's not offensive to think that, and it's also really terrible that RPDR apparently has a history of forcing trans-women to go off hormones during filming. Like what the gently caress, you wouldn't deny a diabetic insulin or a depressed person their anti-depression meds. Again, I hope that's not too clumsy of an analogy, it just seems really random and hurtful to deny someone medication which is fundamental to their everyday well-being.

Nah I've been making this comment all thread.
Based on what esperterra just posted its possible she's on a low dose of Spiro and e to androgynize rather than a full dose to feminize. Her face definitely had that look of someone early in a hormone treatment regimen but honestly it's a bit gross to try to scientifically analyze someone's gender from their face so I'm gonna drop this line of reasoning, lol.

But yes, it's literally murder to deny hormones to a trans person. Untreated trans people have a 40% suicide attempt rate. That is, 2 in 5 of us have tried to kill ourselves at least once. Just getting on hormones drops it to less than 20. Appropriate surgical treatment (if wanted) improves it more. You're literally increasing the risk someone will kill themselves by a lot if you deny them hormones. If that rumor is true, the producers of this show should be arrested for reckless endangerment. It's monstrous.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
What the fuuuuuuuuck

I tried to stream the episode live and the app kept telling me to log in after it would tell me I was logged in. No big deal, I figured, I'll watch it tonight. Put it on tonight, got to the commercial break after "bring back my girls", it jumps straight to whatcha packin with the loser and I can't even get it to go to the lip sync. I'm so loving angry

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I don't think the producers ever forced people not to take their hormones, but the potential/threat of not being accepted to compete or being kicked out had a lot of girls in the past stop taking their hormones for a few weeks while they competed, which loving sucks and I really, really hope that never happens again.

Has Peppermint ever said anything about if she was allowed to take her hormones while filming?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

I don't think the producers ever forced people not to take their hormones, but the potential/threat of not being accepted to compete or being kicked out had a lot of girls in the past stop taking their hormones for a few weeks while they competed, which loving sucks and I really, really hope that never happens again.

Has Peppermint ever said anything about if she was allowed to take her hormones while filming?

I haven't seen anything. I kinda glaze over her insta posts though cuz she's kinda boring irl

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

big black turnout posted:

What the fuuuuuuuuck

I tried to stream the episode live and the app kept telling me to log in after it would tell me I was logged in. No big deal, I figured, I'll watch it tonight. Put it on tonight, got to the commercial break after "bring back my girls", it jumps straight to whatcha packin with the loser and I can't even get it to go to the lip sync. I'm so loving angry

Rip

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cis autodrag posted:

I haven't seen anything. I kinda glaze over her insta posts though cuz she's kinda boring irl

Maybe I'll dig in the subreddit when I'm bored at work tmw, if anyone knows it'll be the Nancy Drews there.

e: if all you missed was the lip sync you could probably youtube it by now

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

esperterra posted:

Maybe I'll dig in the subreddit when I'm bored at work tmw, if anyone knows it'll be the Nancy Drews there.

e: if all you missed was the lip sync you could probably youtube it by now

Found a pirate stream to watch it and I didn't miss much honestly but I'm still pissed

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

When you need more Vanjie in your life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOEK224NgI4

(From the same guy who did "I'm So Into Voguing Right Now")

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

This is great, I loving love Adam Joseph. He also did the Linda Evangelista mix, which if nobody has seen Laganja's performance to that song y'all need to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Y9JuiJXks

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Pellisworth posted:

(and into really dumb/weird new agey nonsense)

my ex was super into his "blood type" diet, where based on his blood type he couldn't have broccoli and a bunch of other random poo poo. he was also vegan and gluten-free. good loving luck picking a restaurant.

needless to say, one of the major conflicts in our relationship was that I was a PhD scientist and he wasn't remotely interested in hearing a scientific perspective on anything ever; if Oprah, Dr. Oz, or Deepak Chopra said something that was obviously true and why are you even trying to talk about science ugh

Some of my best buds from Oz were a couple where one guy was into the paleo diet and the other guy was a biologist who studied ethnobotany, and scientist dude just ripped on paleo dude constantly for how inaccurate the diet was. All very good-natured, but it was a lot of fun.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm all about these mixes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpOl9tld5zg

(I need to get up in this video mix gig)

:allears:

Also if you haven't seen Miss Vanjie do her mug, it's a delight-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWnMUeBpOpc

Bina fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Mar 31, 2018

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Bina posted:

I like how right off the bat she's talking about making sure your makeup will hold up during a fight.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bina posted:

lol, i've dabbled with drag performance and i want to get more into it, but back in milwaukee i always had my pro queen friend do my face up cuz my normal makeup routine is a couple anastasia eyebrow products, liner, mascara, done. dem hormones make my complexion so good i don't gently caress with foundation. if i'm feeling bloated it's just powder contour straight onto moisturizer.

what i have in mind for my more complete drag character really requires a signature makeup look tho cuz bitch is half steroid bimbo and half corpse. but i always get intimidated out of practicing watching these queen vidz where they just precisely beat in this glam mug like its ndb.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
reading that post, i apparently type much gayer and blacker once i get some ambien up in. get to drop that techie front i rock all day

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

vanjie was robbed but more importantly, i think we were. she rocks. i LOVE her voice

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I just wanted those cookies :(

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Save vanjie's return for the season where the show moves up to broadcast network television to go head to head (with no complaints) against procedural police dramas and gameshows hosted by steve harvey.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Before the conversation moves too far away from Yuhua, let's not forget that she lactated into her hat and drank it during the hoedown because she is a star.

These girls, not just Yuhua (who is very quickly becoming a favorite), have so much more personality than the last couple of seasons and it is a huge return to form. On that front, I am especially loving Monique and Monet. Their talking heads have just the right amount of shady-but-not-bitchy and confident-but-not-cocky for me and Monique broke my heart talking about how she's trying to build her relationship with her mother and thread the needle of being both a good christian boy and a fierce queen. I look forward to more from both of them.

Also , Kameron: Yes, she's very cut, yes I'm thirsty and basic, but it's shenanigans like these that make me :3:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

Also , Kameron: Yes, she's very cut, yes I'm thirsty and basic, but it's shenanigans like these that make me :3:

oh my god

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

Good god that's amazing.

Are we picking our ideal Top 3/4 yet?

Also, I'd feel sorry for Eureka more if she shut up more often. Also, what was with her barefoot hoe-down? In fact, she's been wearing a lot of flats etc. Surely that's a DQ right there.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
why come untucked is locked on VH1?

oh wait, I see amazon video is selling it, too :( strangely it's listed as season 9.

ugh. I don't really want to pay extra for 20 min episodes (unless it's some season 4-6 mess).

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Andrew_1985 posted:

Are we picking our ideal Top 3/4 yet?
Mayhem, Asia, and as much as I'm a super basic tweenager on the Miz Cracker train, honestly I hope it's Monet. I'd love for Kameron to hit top 4 too.

There's so much polish this season, honestly. You can pretty easily compare the first two fuckin queens to leave this season to any mid-range or up queen from almost any other season.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I always think "Eh why bother with Untucked" but then I start watching it and I forget how fun it is to have that as a followup to the episode :allears:

Top 3 for me personally are Yuhua, Mayhem, and god drat it even though I feel like I would be just annoyed as poo poo by his personality if I were around him face to face out of drag, Miz Cracker.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

binged through all of season 4 and Untucked in the last 48hrs AMA

also I went on Santino's twitter and saw he claims he did a 111 day juice fast and that he knows the cure to cancer etc.
:captainpop:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Season 10 will be great one Eureka is gone.

She tried to ruin Untucked by being on it.

No more. Never again.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

The Berzerker posted:

binged through all of season 4 and Untucked in the last 48hrs AMA

also I went on Santino's twitter and saw he claims he did a 111 day juice fast and that he knows the cure to cancer etc.
:captainpop:
Oh no Santino please don't Steve Jobs people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

My top 4 atm is probably Mayhem, Kameron, Miz Cracker and uhhhh....either Asia or Aquaria. Asia has that gorgeous smile and Aquaria grew on me a lot last episode. I expect her to go to the end with the “future of drag” comments so I might as well appreciate it. I’d be fine with anyone but Eureka or the Vixen making it though.

• Locked thread