Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

its now common forum lore op but quake live because i was unemployed so i played it 16 hours a day while drinking homebrew cider

That sounds like a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Furious posted:

When I found out my first crush was dating someone else I cried then went and bought Parasite Eve and played the poo poo out of it.

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That sounds like a good time

i call it cider but it didnt have bubbles. i made it by putting champagne yeast in cheap store bought apple juice and then putting a balloon with a pin whole poked into it over the top and storing it in my cupboard to ferment

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
seems like you run decent chance of getting botulism that way, but also a 100% chance to get drunk cheaply

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

seems like you run decent chance of getting botulism that way, but also a 100% chance to get drunk cheaply

:cheers:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Furious posted:

When I found out my first crush was dating someone else I cried then went and bought Parasite Eve and played the poo poo out of it.

aya is the only woman yo uneed

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
skate 2 :emo:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Map Games, although in retrospect, the Summer of Mapgaming was the best time of my life even though I was playing so much I almost didn’t finish my thesis.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I don't know what it's helping me get over, but joylessly grinding hearthstone dailies has got to be helping me repress or deal with something.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
dota 2 has helped me learn to love my fellow man, op

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

yoyodyne posted:

I don't know what it's helping me get over, but joylessly grinding hearthstone dailies has got to be helping me repress or deal with something.

its repressing your immune system in much the same way that the disease AIDS does

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i had a major health scare shortly after starting my first playthrough of persona 3 and, oddly enough, i ended up resonating with the themes of that game a lot

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I was pretty depressed for like, all of 2016 and I know this sounds stupid but I can directly tie feeling better to getting Ending E in nier automata. I was even talking about the ending to the game for weeks to my wife and I kind of pieced together why recently lol

(A bunch of other stuff happened in my life beginning of 2017 and then game happened to also come out then)

sector_corrector posted:

Lol in Kuwait alcohol is illegal (easy to get just incredibly expensive, like $100+ for bottles of poo poo) so I have tried all sorts of probably unsafe homemade stuff

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 8, 2018

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was pretty depressed for like, all of 2016 and I know this sounds stupid but I can directly tie feeling better to getting Ending E in nier automata. I was even talking about the ending to the game for weeks to my wife and I kind of pieced together why recently lol

(A bunch of other stuff happened in my life beginning of 2017 and then game happened to also come out then)

Lol in Kuwait alcohol is illegal (easy to get just incredibly expensive, like $100+ for bottles of poo poo) so I have tried all sorts of probably unsafe homemade stuff

I had a similar experience in Tehran where we were told repeatedly on the plane & at customs that alcohol is extremely illegal, but the moment you leave the terminal theres like a dozen guys trying to sell you bottles out of trunks & suitcases

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I was and still am a complete loving retard with math like to the point that when I was a senior in high school, there were 13 year old kids in my class with me.

I had a tutor and studied for two weeks straight and still ended up with a 20 on my math regents. For reference, when I did a random ABACADAB all the way down on my Earth Science regents I got a 34.

Anyway math class was a really tough time in my life so I'd cut math class and I'd watch through a window at the deli across the street from the store my mom worked at and as soon as I'd see her go into work I'd go home and play Mario Kart

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I was and still am a complete loving retard with math like to the point that when I was a senior in high school, there were 13 year old kids in my class with me.

I had a tutor and studied for two weeks straight and still ended up with a 20 on my math regents. For reference, when I did a random ABACADAB all the way down on my Earth Science regents I got a 34.

Anyway math class was a really tough time in my life so I'd cut math class and I'd watch through a window at the deli across the street from the store my mom worked at and as soon as I'd see her go into work I'd go home and play Mario Kart

I had to take remedial algebra.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

not sure what it's indicative of but i find playing the infamous call of duty level, 'No Russian', on repeat to be very cathartic

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Rockybar posted:

not sure what it's indicative of but i find playing the infamous call of duty level, 'No Russian', on repeat to be very cathartic

Nah ahaha! Delightfully twisted! I love it :D

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I was stuck living hotel to hotel after losing my house last year and I played the poo poo out of my psp playing persona 3 portable. It kept me company until I got my life back together in January

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Glad things are looking up OP.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
I had spinal fusion for scoliosis in high school and spent the better part of 2 months laying in my bed, in too much pain or too zonked out on pain killers to get up. Playing Super Mario Galaxy on Wii made the whole experience so much more bearable, and I have a soft spot for it to this day because of it.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Wormskull posted:

I had to take remedial algebra.

Me too, when I decided to go to college in my late 20s when my job offered it for free

The math class in high school that I kept skipping (because sitting there every day was doing nothing) was called presequential 3 or something. I never even got to regular sequential 1. I actually failed the class in my senior year and I went up to the teacher telling him I had no plans to go to college and I was immediately going to train to be an electrician apprentice with the local union and he felt bad and gave me a 65 lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I also did not do well in school.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

net cafe scandal posted:

I also did not do well in school.

When i decided to go to college in my mid to late 20s (even though I didn't need to, I just wanted to do it before I had kids), I had a 3.8 GPA at the end of my bachelor's degree :unsmith:

I had an overall 67 average in high school lmao

Edit: I went from a D- student to an A student between schools just because my parents weren't forcing me to go lol owned dad

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 3, 2018

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Man, I love college.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fargield posted:

Man, I love college.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fargield posted:

Man, I love college.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That Time I went to Colledge for four years. What a time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
when I was a senior in college I was depressed and became an alcoholic and I was doing ativan and I stopped going to class so I could play Fallout New Vegas all day and I had to go to summer school to graduate. I became obsessed with the Fallout world and I dreamed of living in the post-apocalyptic wasteland

I don't know if this game helped me through a rough time or caused a rough time

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

after my fiance left me in the middle of the night I quit my job, bought a PS4 and spent about a week doing nothing but playing just cause 3

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Nostradingus posted:

after my fiance left me in the middle of the night I quit my job, bought a PS4 and spent about a week doing nothing but playing just cause 3

Just Cucked 3

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
one time i had a bad flu and was up an entire night either making GBS threads or vomiting every hour, during that night i played completely through mass effect 2's insanity difficulty setting

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played through Hotline Miami over the course of a few hours spent descending into a completely delirious fever. it was incredible

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I got all 120 stars in Mario 64 while i was jobless living in my friends closet

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

flu Rpg is epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

one time i had a bad flu and was up an entire night either making GBS threads or vomiting every hour, during that night i played completely through mass effect 2's insanity difficulty setting

lmfao

• Locked thread