Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I want to nominate our cat Moo Moo as #43:

A couple weeks ago we took our cats Moo Moo and Luga on a road trip with us to the ski mountains to stay in an airbnb with us. At eight hours this was their first long trip ever, and Luga's first time walking anywhere on a leash. They did so well with four people and two cats in the car. We pulled over a few times where there were trails to let them stretch their legs. For about an hour they were either walking from plant to plant to sniff it, or running off at a good pace towards random points no matter how hard we tried to get them to go between the rocks marking the trail. When I ran off into the rocks they ran really fast to follow and look for me. We finally picked them up to bring them back to the cars, when they really would have preferred to keep running around. But once Moo Moo realized we were headed back to the car she asked to be set down, ran back to the car, and eagerly packed herself away.

"Hiking with two cats on a leash at once"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LQ83CUPJrM

"Moo Moo exploring the desert mountains" <--- Really pretty scenery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K34i1HqMLAQ

Getting Moo Moo into the car:

Moo Moo is an amazing cat. She let us walk her on a leash the first week we adopted her from a rescue. She plays fetch, chasing springs around the house and bringing them back in her mouth.

A couple weeks after adopting her we were just sitting around the couch working on laptops and out of the corner of my eye saw her suddenly do a triple backflip forward off of a little soft cube bench, and land perfectly on the floor in front of her. As if that wasn't shocking enough she also was chewing on something that she had apparently caught in mid air, explaining the backflips. That's when we knew Moo Moo was something special or even supernatural and that we were extremely lucky that she chose us.

https://www.instagram.com/moo_squared/

We did a kind of part 2 of this trip the other day. We took #43 Moo Moo to the world's largest litterbox (the beach) and walked her on the leash up to the water. She had been asking to go play outside again since the last trip (she does this by running out the front door when we come home). When the time came though, she surprisingly preferred to stay napping on the day of. Once we walked out with the leash and the front door closed behind us she started meowing to be let back in and we could tell she needed a more low key adventure. We weren't really sure what to expect but we brought a big pop up cat tent along and set it up for her to hide in. That was a good thing... she mostly hung out in there was not in an exploratory mood like the other week. It seemed she might dislike being in sand. Because it reminds her of a litter box. Oops!

The tent stayed quite cool but just in case she needed to get cooler I decided to put her paws in the water as a wave receded. Moo Moo entered the ocean.

She was pissed. Wet sand got stuck to her tail to a degree I did not expect, and she hid in the tent from us in protest. Thereafter she made it clear she wasn't a fan of the dry sand either. And yet once we made it back to the parking lot we had to hold her back, because she was suddenly all about leaving the tent and exploring again. Next time we'll do anything but sand then. We took her home and she rejoined Luga. She eagerly embraced being back to her familiar comforts.

Bonus photo from the first hike:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Section 9 posted:

(Edit: I am willing to bet $100 (which I will donate to SA) that Willow (#8) has been petted by the most goons of all nominees.)
Should probably put some more rules around this bet.
* You can pony up whatever amount you want, so if $100 is too rich for your blood, you can bet $1 and still get in on this. But if you bet and lose you need to post a receipt for your donation or...(I dunno, probation, ban? I'd assume this falls under Toxx clause.)
* You need to prove it by having goons who have pet your cat post "I have pet (name/#)" in this thread.
* People who have pet your cat are not obligated to vote for your cat. This is a side bet unrelated to the Best Cat vote.
* This is all contingent on the OP approving this so as to not derail the contest.

Bones for the bone god. Go for it.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

dee eight posted:

tbh, I want to see some really pro photoshops of the contenders before it wraps up

I didn't make this, some goon in the cute thread did.

Rexie isn't just beautiful, one can prove it mathematically.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
#20 Kotofey is a black void

But a sweet one

He's very spoiled

And doesn't like to be told what to do

He's round

And portable

He likes his leash

And biting plants

But he's not the biggest selfie fan

Or bathing fan

He loves Pumpkin

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Can't compete with a lot of the talent in here, but here are more blurry cat photos anyway!
Cat #30 Wicket
She enjoys some easy listening music

She really loves Domino, but he is terrified of her

Nature documentaries are her favorite

Plotting the demise of many baubles

I'm 2,000 miles away from the cat right now, so I have no tonging photos, but here's her sleeping with flip flops on her

Obligatory interrupted while cleaning

E: Here's an obligatory picture of my friend's fat cat Sweet Pea

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

(#25 Simon)

In the jungle.. the mighty jungle..

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Over There posted:

Here's attempt 1 for Koda #7.

e:

Deeply unsettling, precisely what was called for lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Mustached Demon posted:

(#25 Simon)

In the jungle.. the mighty jungle..

lol oh noooo

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Koda Rove

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I want to nominate my sweet boy, Furball. I'm not sure what number he'd be, other than the #1 cat of my heart. (Edit: #50) It is incredibly painful going through my years of photos, as he had to be put down recently due to malfunctioning livers. My boy is gone, but he can be memorialized in this fundraiser. I posted a link of $10 donation in the lowtax bonethread.

Him and his fellow rescue kitty, Jasper (not nominated).

A year later, practicing his nonchalant Pharaoh of the Known Universe look.

Mooshy, just a good photo. Keep in mind this cat was nose to tail 2 foot long.

My boy, lost in deep thought.

He knows more than the rest of us, content with the knowledge of things best left unsaid.

In the sun, not long before he fell ill.

And again, a final portrait of The Noble Cat in Spring.

I again want to thank the forums users who helped me pay off some of his vet bills. Even now leafing through the last six years worth of photographs I am overwhelmed with the loss of my boy. He was the absolute light of my life and on many of my darker days, the only reason why I got up in the morning. All I can do now is be thankful for the all to short years of companionship he was there for. He's buried in the back yard and his brother Jasper often goes out and rolls around on the headstone. I love my friend, and cannot describe how much it hurts that he is gone. I would give anything for another year of his cheerful continence yarping on for some catnip, or the steady assuring pressure of him folded up on my feet when going to bed.

Within two weeks, he went from a robust 11lbs+ to a gangly sub-8lbs. He lost the spark in his eyes and his voice. At first all I could do was say "my boy has a busted squeaker," but no, it was much worse. Several more weeks of fluctuating wellness eventually led to hiding and total aversion of interaction, a complete 180 from his normal baseline. Thousands of dollars in tests and only vague encouragement to "make him comfortable" later, all we could do was try to postpone the hard truth. On the night before I made the decision which will haunt me for many years, I crawled around on my hands and knees desperately trying to interest him in chunks of tuna because he refused to eat. This, an ignoble end to weeks of disinterest at food or affirmation. I knew he was dying but refused to accept the inevitable.

the morning of, 3/18
He went without pain, held by those he loved.

Furball helped me recognize that I am human, and unconditional love is not something I am incapable of experiencing. I not only mourn his death, but celebrate that he taught me I am worthy. That fuzzy jerk always had to have the last meow and in a cosmic sense, he certainly has.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 4, 2018

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

"Oh.... ahem... excuse me. I was just, um, talking with my friend here."

Private time by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

"Anyway, as you all remember, I'm #23 on this list of great cats, Lulu! I've been hard on the campaign trail eating napping burrowing under covers kissing babies and shaking hands!"

"... kaiju count as babies, right?"

Good morning kiss by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

"Anyway.... I'm sure that some of you have heard the COMPLETELY FALSE allegations that I have bribed the Black Cat contingency with strawberries. THIS IS ENTIRELY UNTRUE. This photo that has been circulating, as seen here, is actually one of me giving my good friend Rokit these desirable berries as a BIRTHDAY GIFT. The lies that have been spread by my opponents have been malicious and low. I refuse to join them in deceit!"

Strawberry Mystery by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

"Anyway... I continue to make inroads to various other species as an ambassador of peace and friendship. This can be stressful, but it is worth it for the goal of greater understanding and mutual respect!"

Lulu's ceremonial hat by Doug Hardy, on Flickr
"...man the Ram delegation knows how to party. I was hung over for a week after those 'negotiations'. The hat they made me wear was a bit much..."

"The Kaiju delegation was the most satisfying to meet with. Many people find them frightening, but as I found out they are actually simply misunderstood and can make excellent friends!"

Kaiju Inspection by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

"Another passion of mine is to fight the blight of drugs! Our youth are experimenting far too young and need to be taught that 'Nip is for responsible adults only! Here you can see a package from Montana had come to our residence. And young Rokit caught a sniff of it."

Dee8 drop! by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

"Rokit suddenly went wild! The powerful Montana Catnip was too much for him! I had to physically bar him from attempting to open the box!"

"Luckily, eventually Rokit calmed down. He felt bad and we had a long discussion. He later did the ritual 'bury the bad' motion towards the 'Nip to show that he was committed to wait until he was old enough to partake. I was very proud of him."

"The Montana Cat Drugs were put away and guarded by one of the Kaiju representatives. Eventually, Rokit grew up and we celebrated his second birthday with salmon and his first taste of this beautiful, and STRONG, catnip."

"Anyway. I've perhaps gone on too long. I just wanted to say that I am dedicated to being The Best Cat, and know that I'm the right Calico for the job. I hope I can entrust you to vote LULU (#23) this election. Thank you, and God bless us all!"

Lulu! by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Vote #28 Phyrexian Obliterator, the best biscuit-maker.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BaronVonVaderham posted:

#28 Phyrexian Obliterator

This right here.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Burzum deserves a vote because he's a very agile cat with jump sound effects.

Burzum's meow is so ridiculously high pitched that it sounds different in this video compared to in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kObtV1yQqG8

nerdz fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 2, 2018

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Dienes posted:

A play in two acts that I call "The Cycle of Violence."

(Vote Obliterator)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

MC Hawking posted:

Furball helped me recognize that I am human, and unconditional love is not something I am incapable of experiencing.

I strongly empathize with this.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Apr 2, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont know if im on time but i present to you my cat: Princess Inka

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

DoctorGonzo posted:

I dont know if im on time but i present to you my cat: Princess Inka

Plenty of time, but you need to donate :10bux: to make it official.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dee eight posted:

Plenty of time, but you need to donate :10bux: to make it official.

To what organization?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

DoctorGonzo posted:

To what organization?

To the Lowtax Institute of Electrical Shocks and Psychic Surprises. Read the first post closely and you will find it. Maybe.

e:

Nomination rules:
1. To nominate a cat for VBC, donate :10bux: to the forums via the Donations! link at the top right of the page. (rule edit: or buy a cert or av change or archives or something.) If you cannot find the link, you are dumber than a bag of hammers.

dee eight fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 2, 2018

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Hey Dee eight what's Furballs number in the nomination list? I want to edit it in but I'm not sure where I am at.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

MC Hawking posted:

Hey Dee eight what's Furballs number in the nomination list? I want to edit it in but I'm not sure where I am at.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I know they mean well, but sometimes Yori, WIllow and Mia (8-10) start singing to me in ways that are sort of hurtful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz9y_l-R86E

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Has this been done yet? I haven't seen this done yet.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I'd like to nominate another cat, Lowtax (#51?)

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
That thing looks sickly as hell. Might be time to put the poor beast out of it's misery.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
#21 Burzum

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

nerdz posted:

#21 Burzum

heheheh hahaha hahaha hee hee hee

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sadie (#47) would like you to know more about her.

Her meow is very grumpy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBJVYgqBbiQ

and she loves brushing more than anything else in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekqPTa5F14M

in fact at the cat sanctuary she was known as "the brush slut", but this is a no-shaming household so she is free to indulge without judgement.

She also is strongly affected by gravity

but makes the best of it.

Sadie (#47), an excellent kitty kitty who would like your vote,

or whatever...

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Winston (#48) loves foods

He does not like Sadie (#47) snuggles

lol jk he's fine with them

sometimes.

Oh boy does he love belly rubs tho

and rattle balls

Winston (#48), the best cat like all cats

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

The fabled double-brush technique!...

Captain Tightpants
Dec 26, 2006

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
Saffron (#38), a fluffy cat but not actually named the fluff cat. I'm hoping to put up more pictures, but I'm not real tech savvy :ohdear:

Baby Saffron, when I first got her ten years ago

Current day. Her transformation into a crazy old hobo is complete

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
I'd like to nominate the not-our-cat-but spends all day with us, Breeze.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I forgot to try to get the YOSPOS vote with some good old dangle. Willow's got some good dangle game:

Mia also tries, but doesn't quite get it right.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

That thing looks sickly as hell. Might be time to put the poor beast out of it's misery.

He can be an rear end in a top hat sometimes, but we love him very much and will do whatever we can to keep him in our lives.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Section 9 posted:

He can be an rear end in a top hat sometimes, but we love him very much and will do whatever we can to keep him in our lives.

Hopefully he'll be around for a long, long time. When he finally does have to be euthanized you can count on my :10bux: towards having him taxidermied.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

VideoGameVet posted:

I'd like to nominate the not-our-cat-but spends all day with us, Breeze.

I'd like you to pay up first.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Section 9 posted:

I forgot to try to get the YOSPOS vote with some good old dangle. Willow's got some good dangle game:

Pro dangle, judges award extra style points for the cool and calm expression.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
I found some old, old pics of Goomba (#12) Vote for Goomba!

Goomba was a friend to all children. She could tolerate anything...

With that nubby tail, big blue eyes and the chubby little belly she had everything you could want...

She got out and disappeared for awhile. Turns out a neighbor had her but they gave her back once they saw the flyers I tacked up around the neighborhood. They declined the reward...

Best of all, she's dead! That's right. Everyone who hates cats or hates this Goomba, you should vote for her cause she's long dead and she can never bother you! If you love everything about cats, Goomba had it all so you should vote for her! Despise cats? Vote for Goomba to show how much you like dead cats! No matter how you feel Goomba (#12) is a solid choice in this contest.

She was my greatest and best cat ever. Love her or hate her, vote for her either way! Goomba! (#12)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Uh... I know I said two weeks four weeks ago... Need a couple more days..

Edit: Also, uh... thought the campaign thread was going to be a different thread... drat.

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 5, 2018

• Locked thread