Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

man costco does not stock any loving mediums. They had some really comfy pullovers, but it was just chock full of L, XL, XXL. i wish they would stock a lot less of those since apparently no one buys them

did not get a hot dog last night, store was not too bad at 7:30 PM but the food court was slammed to the brim and wasnt about to wait 30 minutes for a dog while i had frozen stuff.

Dog first next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

she's one of the knights templar

Alas I am but a squire. Seven years and I shall earn my sword! :hist101:

I hope my Co gets burgers at some point in the food court.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Xaris posted:

man costco does not stock any loving mediums. They had some really comfy pullovers, but it was just chock full of L, XL, XXL. i wish they would stock a lot less of those since apparently no one buys them

did not get a hot dog last night, store was not too bad at 7:30 PM but the food court was slammed to the brim and wasnt about to wait 30 minutes for a dog while i had frozen stuff.

Eat more dogs and pizza before trying clothes on

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Xaris posted:

I also find their Larges to be more geared towards fat large than tall large. Not that I don't have some comfy clothes from costco to lounge around in but with L the sleeves are always too short and the gut is too billowy. Shoulders tend to be a good fit tho, just needs longer arms and more of a taper downwards.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ArbitraryC posted:

I also find their Larges to be more geared towards fat large than tall large. Not that I don't have some comfy clothes from costco to lounge around in but with L the sleeves are always too short and the gut is too billowy. Shoulders tend to be a good fit tho, just needs longer arms and more of a taper downwards.

yeah i tried the large on and i was swimmin in billows and looked like this

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Just got back from Costco...returned home with a lovely leg of lamb and a bag of cuties. I almost walked out with a bag of macadamia nuts and a few evergreen azaleas as well, but I decided not to today since I walked.

And yes, I had a dog and a drink. Life is good!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Xaris posted:

Imagine what it's like if you wear men's small. It sucks most of the time unless they do have some because it means I get to buy on steep discount when they inevitably go on clearance.
Planning on scoring more 32 degree shirts this season.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

if you wear men's small just go to the children's section and get an XXL

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
I went to Costco yesterday for the Seafood roadshow. I wanted 2 lbs of shrimp for our last Lenten dinner of the year. I left with the shrimp, a bottle of kirkland vodka, some laundry pods, mangoes, strawberries, dog treats, pasta, and a motherfuckin bicycle. $330 just like that.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Went to Costco expecting a slow store but forgot it was Good Friday. Place was packed. Luckily all lanes were open so checkout was fast.

I would have had an even better time IF THEY GOT RID OF THE SAMPLE TABLES THAT CAUSE 90 PEOPLE TO ABANDON THEIR CARTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE TO SAMPLE A TINY AS PIECE OF CHEESE THEY WILL NEVER BUY

I really really hate the sample tables.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
The sample tables help the lesser in the flock find delicious and very well priced vittles! Jim said that all must come and partake. PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

im like the continental breakfast key and peele skit at costco when it comes to samples

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
It is a beautiful thing when the sample lady has something you actually wanted to try. Also, I make sure to always say Thank You (remember they are not Costco employees)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Meydey posted:

It is a beautiful thing when the sample lady has something you actually wanted to try. Also, I make sure to always say Thank You (remember they are not Costco employees)

I thought they sometimes are and sometimes aren't, depending on what is being sold

I always say thanks though

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

FCKGW posted:

Went to Costco expecting a slow store but forgot it was Good Friday. Place was packed. Luckily all lanes were open so checkout was fast.

I would have had an even better time IF THEY GOT RID OF THE SAMPLE TABLES THAT CAUSE 90 PEOPLE TO ABANDON THEIR CARTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE TO SAMPLE A TINY AS PIECE OF CHEESE THEY WILL NEVER BUY

if you go on weekend mornigns when they open there aren't any sample tables open, usually. That's what I did today :pray:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Meydey posted:

Also, I make sure to always say Thank You (remember they are not Costco employees)

I would think that this is basic human decency, but I constantly see people just grab a handful of samples and run away without saying anything.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Always thank the one who breaks the bread and shares amongst the disciples.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

If you absolutely must go on a busy day, heed my advice: try to use the exterior aisles. Avoid anything that's not along the outer walls of the entire building, most samples seem to be at the inner aisle ends. It is no surety though; sometimes the outer walls also have samplers singing their luring songs. Lash yourself to the mast of your cart and plow headlong past them lest you find yourself in ruin!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tell me of some tasty chocolate products carried at costco. I've done costco cookies, those sanders caramels that are on sale, the chocolate and coconut covered nuts (that arent carried anymore)...

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

sometimes you can get the family (fatass) size jar of m&ms for 4 dollars

i just like to binge on peanut m&ms until i'm sick. pbuc? not sure about this one.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I'm a huge sucker for the chocolate-covered almonds.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
costco needs to up their delivery game asap or i'm probably gonna cancel for amazon prime :rip:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The samples are a great way to get picky eater kids to try stuff they normally don't like. My kids want to try every drat sample and used to not eat fish until they had some salmon samples.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

LinYutang posted:

costco needs to up their delivery game asap or i'm probably gonna cancel for amazon prime :rip:

Costco is a vendor on Google Express. I've had good experiences with them for their Wal Mart stuff.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

bio347 posted:

I'm a huge sucker for the chocolate-covered almonds.

This and the chocolate covered raisins.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I ended up just getting a pack of those Lindor chocolates that are on sale. I got the variety pack, but the costco I went to also had packs of the mango and cream white chocolate ones. I wasn't brave enough to try those, but the person in line next to me bought 8 of them. I may have regrets...

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Going to Costco tonight and might buy a vacuum sealer I'm stoked

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Going to Costco tonight and might buy a vacuum sealer I'm stoked

I <3 mine so much.... you will love it too!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tell me of some tasty chocolate products carried at costco. I've done costco cookies, those sanders caramels that are on sale, the chocolate and coconut covered nuts (that arent carried anymore)...

The brownie bites. In the bread aisle, they come in a tub and will make you a hero if you take one to work or a party.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

The brownie bites. In the bread aisle, they come in a tub and will make you a hero if you take one to work or a party.

Alright gonna do this next time. They're kirkland? Or some other brand

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Disco Salmon posted:

I <3 mine so much.... you will love it too!

They didn't have the model I wanted :(

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I need to remember to pour one out for the chocolate cocounut covered nuts. Those things were insanely incredible.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Alright gonna do this next time. They're kirkland? Or some other brand

I don't remember. I haven't bought them in a long time because I'm already too fat.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Shame on people who bring their cart into the food court line. Heathens.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slider posted:

Shame on people who bring their cart into the food court line. Heathens.

Peace friend; we all enter the line with our own sins. That we leave the line United, pizza or dog or other sacrament but always a good deal, is the true blessing.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
No, if you bring your cart into the food court line you're a loving idiot.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Taima posted:

No, if you bring your cart into the food court line you're a loving idiot.

yeah why not just get food before the shop rather than chillin for half an hour with all your cold poo poo at room temp

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

ArbitraryC posted:

yeah why not just get food before the shop rather than chillin for half an hour with all your cold poo poo at room temp

You just cram it in while sitting in the parking lot.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Also buy the Costco brand grocery cooler bags. They own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I just stroll in the back and get a hotdog with the gf. Then we do our shoppin with drinks in our cart and no temptation from the sample carts.