Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
In what definition is Dave Sim an Outsider Artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Mr. Maltose posted:

In what definition is Dave Sim an Outsider Artist.

The definition where the insider club kicks out misogynists.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Peak jeet

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

It's pretty funny how much of a comic book nerd he is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/rickeypurdin/status/978801337130520576

Aside from Triumph and Torment did Mignola do any other Marvel work?

He did some fill in art on the hulk including the issue that reveals Bruce was abused as a kid and some awesome hulk covers

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
How come I never read All-Star Superman until just now? I saw the two volumes on the used shelf at my comic book store and they were having a 40% off sale.

I finished the first volume last night, it was really interesting. And somehow I must have read the Gospel of Lex before because it was familiar but nothing else was but I have no idea how I would have managed that without reading the other issues.

Anyway, don't be like me, if you haven't read it, you should, even if you're lukewarm on Morrison.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Strange Aeon posted:

How come I never read All-Star Superman until just now?
Because you're a dummy dumb dumb, I guess!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rob has finally gone mad

https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/979739560660873219

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

A Strange Aeon posted:

How come I never read All-Star Superman until just now?

Everyone makes mistakes, but the good ones work on fixing them.

Get on that reading.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

holy poo poo. those are the best feet he's ever drawn.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A Strange Aeon posted:

How come I never read All-Star Superman until just now? I saw the two volumes on the used shelf at my comic book store and they were having a 40% off sale.

I finished the first volume last night, it was really interesting. And somehow I must have read the Gospel of Lex before because it was familiar but nothing else was but I have no idea how I would have managed that without reading the other issues.

Anyway, don't be like me, if you haven't read it, you should, even if you're lukewarm on Morrison.

Yeah I mean I pretty much hate G-Mo but rear end is neat. I don't love it as much as others do but it's a fun enough romp.

Although I was still rooting for Lex.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I love rear end

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

I love rear end

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/922238844577173510

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Da share z0ne always got the correct opines

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I unironically want to read this.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Whatever happened to Thor's belt of strength? Like, I think it just vanished from his costume at one point. Doesn't give him like super powers? Like, he already has powers of course, but doesn't his belt give him even more strength?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Covok posted:

Whatever happened to Thor's belt of strength? Like, I think it just vanished from his costume at one point. Doesn't give him like super powers? Like, he already has powers of course, but doesn't his belt give him even more strength?

Thor's belt was a thing from the myths. In the comics it's what made him go from "the Asgardian equivalent of an all-star quarterback" to "can knock a frost giant over with a single punch". It was pretty vague just how much stronger it made him but it was stated to "double" his power once or twice. I think at one point they just decided he'd be that strong regardless.

Thor's power has varied pretty wildly over the years. He was always envisioned as being Marvel's rought equivalent to Superman, but with the hammer weakness holding him back from being as being as overpowered, but he was routinely written as having trouble fighting people that someone that strong should kill with a poke.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 31, 2018

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
I was looking up Antartic press comics stuff on wikipedia and was reminded of Warrior Nun Areala. Turns out they made a weird anime opening for a series that never happened by the people who brought us the X-men Animated series.

Enjoy this weird piece of buried 90s comic history
https://youtu.be/9jimzSaxe6Y

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now I'm bummed that show didn't happen :(

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg9XfdkjfDn/?utm_source=ig_embed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

April thread over here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853230

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Can't believe I got rickrolled in 2018.

• Locked thread