Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Viridiant posted:

That's what the people who are killed are for.
monkey trouble has the mule titan, but levi had marlowe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I don't know if they've ever shown an onscreen resupply of blades but they definitely do pass off gas canisters to the more skilled members.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
There's been a few instances where Armin gives Mikasa his blades

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have today and tomorrow off so I am hopefully going to finish the second season in the next two days even though I am only two episodes in so far. The other postgrad in the lab today has seen the anime so we ended up chatting about it for like an hour and I came up with a bunch of theories. Don't be a hater plz :saddowns:

e: I had a huge post here but as I wrote it I formalised and structured my theories so I'm rewriting it now as a big post again.

My first curiosity is the name of the first chapter/episode being "To You, 2000 Years From Now". Maybe this is just a Japanese phrase or saying that seems more full of meaning than it is. However I also remembered Eren having a weird dream he wakes up from crying. After waking up he says Mikasa's hair is longer. In the manga the dream is a single panel of Mikasa saying "See you later, Eren" but in the anime there's bunch more fractured images that seem to be showing future events as Eren's mother being eaten is shown. I have no idea what is going on here other than some kind of time travel fuckery which seems pretty unlikely. Something like a future Eren or Mikasa returning to a previous point in time but without their memories of the future to try and avoid some future catastrophe. I don't think that's likely thought as it hasn't been set up at all. ACtually it's probably just some kind of prophetic dream. I used to misremember this scene and assumed it was the flashback of Grisha injecting Eren. However I think Eren being injected is something that happens after Wall Maria falls which I'll explain in a bit.

I was thinking about how much cooler the anatomical style forms of The Colossus Titan, The Armoured Titan, and The Female Titan are than Eren's form. That's when I suddenly thought that perhaps it's not just a cool stylistic design to have those Titans with exposed muscles an skeletal features. My theory is that those three are the first attempts by humanity to create humans to fight back against the Titans. They are imperfect which is why they have exposed muscles etc. instead of skin like Eren. Grisha was part of the team that developed the science behind transforming humans into Titans and after the plan was abandoned he decided to carry on the research in his basement which he'd later perfect and use on Eren.

When Grisha injected Eren with Titan formula is what I'm not sure about. I think it happened after The Colossus Titan breached the wall rather than sometime before The Fall of Shigansina. Eren has the basement key currently but Grisha had it when he left the morning of the breach. Obviously keys can have copies but even before Grisha left I don't think Eren was shown to have a key or would it make sense to give him a key to the secret basement. I think when the Colossus breached the wall Grisha risked trying his latest formula on Eren thinking it was humanity's last chance to start fighting back against the titans.

I had been wracking my brains trying to workout a possible motivation for the shifters as to why they wanted to breach the wall to allow humans to be killed. Not only that but each time they stopped short of breaching Wall Sheena and Wall Rose even thought it doesn't seem like it'd have been an issue for them. I hit upon my current theory when vomiting all my thoughts out earlier and I think it's a good one even if it's totally wrong. I think Reiner, Bertholt, and Annie share Eren's view that humanity should move beyond the walls and begin reclaiming the world. Reiner mentions to Eren during the academy that he joined the army "to take back my homeland". Knowing Reiner was The Armoured Titan I at first thought he meant taking back the land contained in the walls for the Titans. At some point in season one I realised I'd weirdly been thinking of the shifters as Titans who could become human rather than being humans who could become Titans. Therefore I think Reiner is referring to taking back the land beyond the walls for humanity. I think the shifters breached Wall Maria to force humanity into a position where it would have to choose between extinction and fighting actively against the Titans. Eren comments how the population are complacent like cattle about being penned in by the walls. If that status quo remained then it's unlikely humanity would ever aggressively fight to take back the world. So that's the basis of my theory behind the shifter's plans and motivations.

I don't think Titans are a species, I think all Titans come from former humans. The Beast Titan mentions to Miche that "you know we reside in the nape" when he sees the ODM gear and blades. So clearly there is a human currently inside The Beast Titan's nape and has clearly been there a long time as he has no knowledge of the ODM gear etc. I think the Titans first appeared 100 years ago as humans transformed into monsters as living weapons. That's what the regular Titans are. Then either humanity lost control of them like a virus and couldn't put the lid back on Pandora's box, or they were utilised by one kingdom against another. I am basing this latter case on what I saw in the ED credits of season two which were storyboarded by Ishiyama. I think that humanity (or the original kingdom being invaded) were basically given a reserve AKA the walls to live behind while the Titans took control of the rest of the world. This truth is why the shifters are so hellbent on taking the world back from the Titans. It's also why the Titans are so dumb as they are basically army grunts being lead by generals AKA things like The Beast Titan.

I think that's most of my theorising now. Gonna head home from uni cos it's a national holiday and I did no work just chatted about AoT and wrote this lmbo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's an interesting theory you've got there. And while you are completely, utterly wrong, it's appreciated that you put down your thoughts before actually watching/reading :v:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

That's an interesting theory you've got there. And while you are completely, utterly wrong, it's appreciated that you put down your thoughts before actually watching/reading :v:

I figured I would be though I am hoping a few of my ideas have merit. Mainly I wanted to formalise my thinking and have an idea what I was expecting etc. I'm glad I took time out from my binge to theorise rather than just blast through without ever taking time to make predicitions etc. Half the fun is seeing how wrong you were! Except in cases where the solution is some lovely rear end pull that of course no one could predict. Gonna put on live dinner and get back to my live posting :coal:

e: I did hear from my pal that the big reveal I know is relatively soon which owns cos it means everything after that is gonna be brand new bby

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh don't worry, your theories were very thought out and interesting, some of the ones people came up with early on were like, One Piece nanomachines/fetus/whitebeard-is-powered-up-by-stabbing-level tomfoolery

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Actually this might be a good spot to look up the "Ilse's Notebook" OVA. I'm sure you can find it on stream sites or youtube :filez:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is it not on Funimation?

Okay time to roll!

Lmao Reiner and Bertholt look so preppy in their civilian clothes. I also noticed that look on your face when Reiner patted Conny on the shouler, Bertholt, you poo poo!

I like this Kuwabara looking dude realising that even without bodies things here don't make sense i.e. the horses being in the stable and the buildings smashed. They must have used this village to create Titans like Conny's mother who is stumpy and can't run!

Holy poo poo it just said welcome home and then that boor Reiner shoved his way into things!

Whenever I started an exam and read through the questions and saw the really bad ones hadn't come up I imagine that's how Titans feel when they see Levi isn't in a given troupe

Okay so presumably The Beast Titan got in himself somehow without breaking the wall then went to Connie's village and turned them into Titans. That's my theory so far but I'm not sure how he himself got in.

gently caress me this scene in the dark is tense and it's only like 3 seconds in

Christa is the special child? Well I am guessing then that freckles is actually part of the holy order and she's been helping Christa and was recommending her to join the MP for that reason. Was always surprised Christa was to 10 and freckles wasn't. What's freckles name btw? They keep saying it but I don't have subs so I can't spell it

oh and now she's reading the text on this golden band! bet she totally is a religo

"Armin you and Hanji are the brain trust..." the Levi domination continues

"I've earned the right ot get trashed" lmbo Kuwabara

"Captain Levi, what will you be doing?"

"Says here on my clipboard plot means I have to stay away cos 2 stronk"

And lmao ofc the monkey looking dude just climbed the wall :facepalm:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

EmmyOk posted:

Whenever I started an exam and read through the questions and saw the really bad ones hadn't come up I imagine that's how Titans feel when they see Levi isn't in a given troupe

This made me laugh.

I'll be sad when you've finished catching up.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

theres actually a few bits of this that are startlingly accurate

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Her name is Ymir.

Hange is surprised upon hearing her name because of the events in Ilse's Notebook.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ymir kind of being a huge bitch. Don't know if she's intentionally obscuring the fact that Connie's mother is definitely a Titan because she knows or if she's just mean. The priest didn't really make it clear what the deal with her is. She read some ancient looking script last episode but perhaps that's all she can do. Maybe the religious lads have stuff that she can translate cos one of her parents was like a scholar or something but she herself has no clue about how important being able to read the script is.

Thought you were into dudes?

Thought you were into chicks?

Looks like we've got ourselves a gay standoff, hell yes.

oh my god the anceitn item is a loving can of herring

Welp that's ominous

Okay so there's no way that Reiner is remembering a false memory to throw us off cos he's totally alone. So he's not pals with normal Titans. WTF are they.

YEAH REINER loving BODYSLAM THIS BITCH

That's the most owned a Titan's been since Levi embarrassed Annie imo

Always with the fecking marrying, Reiner. Maybe don't be loving killing half humanity and you could find a wife more easily.

WHO IS THROWING ROCKS?

Oh and now another wave. Someone loving finish shaving this gorilla rear end bitch and kick him into space

man I hope Kuwabara survives, that was a fortuitous throw. This is where the other people were on their way to, hurry!

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 31, 2018

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Conspiratiorist posted:

Her name is Ymir.

Hange is surprised upon hearing her name because of the events in Ilse's Notebook.
Ilse's notebook was a fairly early manga chapter and has important setting information, but it somehow never got included in the first season. I imagine if the production hadn't been as troubled as it was, the clip show episode would have featured it.

I'm also enjoying your posts!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hit submit by mistake

me and this Titan have the same face when we saw poor dude doesn't actually get a drink

HOLY poo poo YMIR WHY DIDN'T I REALISE WHEN SHE ASKED FOR THE KNIFE SHE WAS A TITAN I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS A SMALL SWORD

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

EmmyOk posted:

I hit submit by mistake

me and this Titan have the same face when we saw poor dude doesn't actually get a drink

HOLY poo poo YMIR WHY DIDN'T I REALISE WHEN SHE ASKED FOR THE KNIFE SHE WAS A TITAN I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS A SMALL SWORD

:D

Man I read like fifty-some chapters of this a long time ago and thought it was kinda overhyped and just decent. But after catching up and rereading in the past few months, let's just say it's cool

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't have much to say about the snowy flashback other than it made my feet feel cold.

Okay so I thought the eyes looked familiar but now that I see her properly I'm pretty sure this is the Titan from Reiner's flashback. What the hell? Also may damage my incomplete Titan theory.

Leviesque is how she's doing Titan murder, Joe.

Reiner and Big Bert recognise her, are we gonna get a fight? If we do I can't imagine her doing much to the Colossus or Armoured.

Me listening to Reiner complain about a secret Titan in their midst

You can gently caress off with the accusations too, Big Bert.

"My father was a bricklayer, but me I'm a brickslayer" is what I would call her memoir considering she's mincing these pricks with masonry

One time I'm not glad to see Mikasa. Thought Reiner was gonna turn Titan to save his future wife.

ah lads I cannot believe I'm never going to see a secret Titan explain their secrets!

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 31, 2018

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I loved this reaction shot when they're on the tower:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

ATP_Power posted:

Note Bert's hand. This is one of those scenes people would come back to a couple of chapters/episodes later and be all "HOLY gently caress HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THAT!?"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ATP_Power posted:

Awesome! After I watched the episode with Ymir jumping off the turret my friend told me to go and watch Reiner's flashback carefully and also mentioned he thought you saw Reiner preparing to shift. After checking the flashback I recognised Ymir's eyes being the same and that was confirmed next episode but I couldn't see Reiner preparing. Totally forgot to look out for Bertholt.

Just found out Funimation have a playstation App and I have the house to myself so I'm gonna spend the morning/afternoon finishing season two on the big screen.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the scout lady completely escaping reality and talking to her dad when the titans caught her was the most hosed up death in the series to me

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

the scout lady completely escaping reality and talking to her dad when the titans caught her was the most hosed up death in the series to me

Me watching pompadour guy being eaten: "Sucks he didn't get his final drink, he was pretty cool :saddowns:"

Me watching that:

The only tougher one for me was Eren's mother when she is stifling herself at the last minute asking them not to leave her.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh good Ymir isn't dead that's positive news. She is gonna be in a medical coma though and still not divulging the mysteries! Then again she doesn't seem to be in cahoots with Reiner et al. so I am not sure she'd have the goods so to speak.

I was going to say Ymir must have been a baddy who reformed as we saw her eating Reiner and Bertholt's pal but I realise I'm overlooking the fact that Eren attempted to kill Mikasa during his second transformation. So perhaps Ymir was/is in a similar boat to Eren originally. My girl Christa fighting for her though!

I am not that interested Christoria's past tbh but it does remind me that I really want to know if the rumour Petra told Eren about Erwin dragging Levi into the Survey Corps kicking and screaming is true. I think Petra also mentioned Levi being a highrolling gambler in the interior.

Oh yeah the episode catchup reminded me that Eren got his first ODM kill :kimchi: It was a nice detail because he was top ten in his class and his little fuckup after also made sense because he's had very little real ODM Titan fighting experience compared to the other graduates.

Reiner remind Armin of the time Annie tried to squash him. Genuinely hope my great boy Armin continues his smartie streak and realises that it was directly after that momen that Annie headed for the centre of the formation. Realising this was only possible when Reiner told her where Eren must be.

I am filing this Reiner Bertholt speech under 'O' for ominous.

"Eren can we talk?" Is this it?? Tbh knowing it's revealed this season I am on the edge of my seat the whole time Reiner and Bertholt do anything.

wait did he literally just say "we compromised Wall Maria" so loving casually. Ther camera moved on to Hange then, go back!!

WHY ARE THEY REVEALING IT SO CASULALLY OMG WTF LMAO

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's a special about levi's backstory but idk if it's on the funimation site

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EmmyOk posted:

WHY ARE THEY REVEALING IT SO CASULALLY OMG WTF LMAO

In the manga they both reveal it to Eren in a corner panel of a page where other stuff is going on, it's wild.

Edit:

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 31, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I thought I'd eaten too much and my brain had started to go alseep because it couldn't be done so casually.

They only have the seasons it looks like, I'll probably watch the OVAs after the season ends. Then I'm planning to start reading the manga from the start (I have the first three volumes already) and when I start getting beyond where the anime ends read like a chapter a day. Gonna start the big fight episode now!

Super excited to be heading into totally unknown territory

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I had always originally thought that The Colossus Titan was going to be the leader but it seems pretty clear now that he’s just another red titan rather than special even among them. Seems they are part of a wider society though and are under orders maybe? I still don’t think they are in cahoots with The Beast Titan or Ymir though. Definitely not Ymir I’d say though also don’t think they are aware of her before her tower jump.

I remember this scene where Bertholt and Reiner help Eren with the ODM gear training and always thought it was weird knowing the truth about them. Why help this guy who openly states he wants to murder every single Titan lmao

Time to see this fight go down!! Curious to see how Eren will do considering his trouble with Annie also Reiner has all over armour I’m assuming is as strong as her hardening. The Colossus I think is easier for the corps to manage as it doesn’t have great mobility.

You hesitated because you have a heart Mikasa. It’s good that you do :oh dear:

Oh man as soon as the scouts said he was super slow and easy to beat my heart dropped cos he’s about to destroy them nw. Please survive Hange.

Phew it was a defensive manoeuvre thank goodness. Hange is a queen.

Oh poor Connie he doesn’t know :saddowns:

Lmao it cuts to Eren sailing through the air

Eren is loving pissssssed, please wreck him, Eren!!

Oh lmao instantly wrecked again because nothing has actually changed. Episode bumper has mention of throws and holds though and ERen was really good at those so maybe that’s how he’ll get the win!

Ah yeds here is Annie explaining how a physically weaker person can own someone stronger. Awesome!

I miss Annie a lot actually tbh

Also hell yes is this the Mikasa Annie fight I have been thirsty for since day one. YESSSSSSSS

I AM FURIOUS THAT I AM NOT SEEING THE ANNIE/MIKASA FGHT I GUESS THIS TITAN BRAWL WILL DO

Yeah crank this titan gently caress’s arm yeahhh humanity bitch gently caress you bitch

Kind of want Reiner to win cos we might discover some secrets then. However I want a win for humanity.

This is so loving good

Oh poo poo it’s REiner’s sprint!!

Admin gave Mikasa his blades after she broker her’s on Reiner’s legs. He also gave her gas when he met her after Eren was eaten during Trost. For the goon who was wondering.

Are these loving geese in league with the titans? Feathery gobshites always appearing around them

Mikasa is sofa king great.

Holy poo poo if they capture Reiner here that will be awesome.

Uh OH

HE’S SREAMING FOR THE COLOSSUS YOU IDIOTS

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Clash of the Titans Arc is Real Good, yes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I wish they still did the full OP instead of a shortened version, people could skip if they didn’t like it.

Ah Pixis my old flower it’s been a while since I met you, first time this season maybe.

Erwin too!

Don’t yell at Levi you Military Police scumbag. Lmao he got owned anyway.

Okay now central command knows about the secret Titans.

No way did Hange and Co. die

Wait where is Eren? I thought Reiner just ran off with Bertholt and Ymir and Eren was left sitting at the wall. I might need to rewatch that scene because I spaced out a bit.

Ah this flashback is kind of explaining what happened I guess. He ran after Reiner and co I’m guessing while Mikasa and Armin stayed put.

Oh I see what happened when I spaced out. I missed Reiner was pushing ERen down. I thought he was still in the headlock and bit Eren’s arm to escape I didn’t realise it was his neck.

At least now it means I might start hearing their secrets! Oh wow it’s been five hours so they won’t be able to catch them up very easily!

I see what people mean by Levi needing to be out of commission for the plot to happen because he would have loving wrecked them before they transformed.

I think this has to be romantic rather than platonic love for Eren at this point.

Mr. Hannes is pretty cool even when he’s pissing on Eren a bit, though now he’s giving him props.

Hange is a smart cookie. Time to begin the hunt!

Goddamn removing ERen’s arms is pretty loving intense!! Hopefully they’ll start explaining things.

Welcome back? Does he mean to consciousness or is Eren one of the OG titans who lost his memories. H definitely seemed to be dreaming of lost memories or something or future memories in the opening chapter.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hange owns. That she is voiced by Romi Park makes her own even more.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m watching the dub but I bet that A is awesome! At first I thought Eren’s VA was the guy who did Edward Elric but apparently it’s the guy who is doing Shigaraki in MHA which surprised me a lot. Matthew Mercer as Levi rules a lot though at first it was really unexpected. I heart Daisuke Ono is Erwin in Japanese though the English Erwin is amazing tbf.

Ymir is staying calm and collected which is good for Eren but also it means that now we might get some exposition finally.

Convince them to come with you by explaining what the gently caress is actually going on Reiner!

Stop speaking in varieties someone start giving me cold hard facts for gently caress’s sake.

Still salty over not seeing that Annie Mikasa showdown tbh.

I cannot believe I am getting no exposition yet. What the hell.

What is going on with Reiner first his casual reveal of who they are now he seems not to know he’s a Titan.

Are we gonna find out what happened with Marco? How are things getting more mysterious why won’t anyone tell me anything.

Thank god Ymir is here

Reiner went too deep I guess and fractured his mind, no wonder he spilled so easily to Eren. He must have done something similar with Marco?

AHHHHH THIS IS SO loving GOOD

I’d rather you explain yourself bitch

Ymir finally taking control and asking questions. What IS whit the giant monkey indeed.

And back to excluding Eren and me from things again. It’s school all over again :saddowns:

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

It's so low-key but it's great how Eren had no idea what a 'monkey' is.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna hit the gym and then finish the last three episodes off though I am sorely tempted to skip today I must persevere. I feel like the art in the manga is way more unique than I'd get in WSJ, I've never seen art like this or Taiyo Matsumoto's in WSJ but also I only read the hits I guess. Speaking of I'd love to see some AoT stuff in Matsumoto's style

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

RE the OVAs, there were 5 released between S1 and S2.

#2 and #3 are just slice of life stuff (#2 is altogether a comedy episode), but #1 "Ilse's Notebook" was at the time foreshadowing for future plot points, and "No Regrets" p1 and p2 are the story of how Levi joined the Survey Corps.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Fun fact: The anime kinda throws this away, but in the manga Hange is gender neutral.

The tumblr for Kodansha Comics, Attack on Titans' publisher, said:

quote:

Isayama has confirmed that… we’re not allowed to confirm Hange’s gender. He has instructed us to avoid gendered pronouns when referring to Hange, or at least to use he AND she with equal frequency.

When pressed, they continued with:

quote:

[W]hat I said is exactly what we were told. Isayama-sensei has asked us not to use gendered pronouns to refer to Hange. When he told us this, we went back through Vol. 5 and removed the couple of gendered pronouns we had used for reprint. That is all.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I checked CR and they aren't on that either. It seems like the first OVA only came with the physical release of Volume 17 as a special edition, hrmmm. I am planning to read the manga from scratch while buying the physical releases so I might get my hands on them that way. I had looked on amazon for DVD/BDs of it. Speaking of the physical releases in the shop I saw two types of volumes for tie-in series also written by Ishiyama, is that where the OVAs come from?

That loving owns, he seems like a pretty progressive author in a lot of regards.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 31, 2018

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Viridiant posted:

Fun fact: The anime kinda throws this away, but in the manga Hange is gender neutral.

It's worth noting this is almost certainly a play on how eccentric Hange is, rather than any kind of progressive statement regarding gender identity or sexuality. It comes from the fact that there aren't gendered pronouns as such (he/she) in Japanese, which combined with her appearance and Isayama's drawing style left fans wondering - and when they inevitably asked "is Hange a boy or a girl?" his playful response was "Hange is Hange." I believe he just ran with it for international publication.

Historia and Ymir totally have romantic feelings for each other, though.

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 31, 2018

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
That's what I thought at first, but the "refer to Hange equally as he or she" makes me question that. You could be right, but right now I don't think it's possible to know for sure either way.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I'm also almost 100% sure that Hanji is actually supposed to be Hansi, a gender neutral German name, but it got mistranslated somewhere along the way - either when Isayama was adapting it, or when the series was being localized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's painstaking waiting for them to realise The Beast Titan climbed over the wall and started converting humans into Titans to attack. Connie's village being empty but showing signs of damage and a full stable means it must be the source. Argh just realise it already. Obviously if I am somehow mistaken please never EVER mention this again.

Okay Hange's dude (voiced by Merry from One Piece) has cottoned on to the photo of Connie's parents and the crippled Titan at least. Also the thing I am most curious about in this season is the monsters moving alongside The Beast Titan in the opening. I thought they'd be a big part of this season but once I realised it's only twelve episodes and there's so much else going on I guess they're just to spice the OP up for now.

When Eren was yelling at Ymir to tell him the real enemy I was sure she was going to say "humanity" or something.

They have been here nine years approx. and it's only now I am getting some information but it's just Reiner and Bertholt chatting about things I don't know. Eren being the co-ordinate sounds interesting. I guess that's why they didn't instantly wipe out humanity maybe. They needed to find the co-ordinate whatever the heck that is and were poking the hive.

The lines on Eren's face make him look like he's cartoonishly blushing whenever he's slight in the back of frame

lmbo "calm down" holds up nubs before hitting Reiner. It reminds me of Dwight in the office saying "in an ideal world, Jim, all ten fingers would be on my left hand and my right would just be a stump for punching!" Glad to see Eren proving the concept somewhat!

So Ymir was a Titan for 60 years and they just said Eren can't recall either. So it seems like something forced them to revert to human? What is going onnnnnn? Were they all Titans that started beyond the wall long before the start of the story? That would explain Eren's dream perhaps. He's remembering life as Titan or something. But actually in the manga his dream was Mikasa only not all the other stuff so I don't know.

Okay new theory again! Watching Ymir's history it's still kind of unclear but I think maybe she was a Titan from like 70 years ago or w/e and her first transformation was when they tried to execute her. Then she fell asleep in the Earth for a long time and woke up and ate Bertholt and Reiner's pal Marcelle. When Bertholt asked her earlier about remembering it wasn't that she was part of their crew five years ago, he meant her turning back to human after her like 60 years as a Titan if she remembered what she did as a Titan and she didn't. When they're talking about Eren they're talking about him not remembering the first time he returned to human form and even the second time. I think/hope anyway.

Ymir owns

How has no one told Connie about Reiner and Bertholt yet or is he just in denial.

I was expecting the big fight to occur in the forest and maybe they'd lose Christa but take Eren back, I guess not! Two episodes left for tomorrow after work.

e: I watched the start of the next episode so that Funimation would update properly with it's "Continue With..." feature and lmao at Erwin using his men as bait to chase after Reiner too. Reiner even acknowledged how insanely hardcore Erwin is, he especially combos well with Levi as you have a brilliant and ruthless commander paired with the perfect killing machine.

At least we have Mikasa on this op!

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 31, 2018