Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
VM was indeed groovy but season 3 was mostly stank. Pizz is the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

VM was indeed groovy but season 3 was mostly stank. Pizz is the worst.

Yeah, Pizz was bad. But season 3 was mostly bad in comparison to 1 and 2 imo. It was still fun and I liked it, mostly it suffered from the network wanting them to not do a big season long mystery or w/e, so it was broken into 2 mysteries for each half of the season. Then it promptly died ...

drat WB/UPN merger.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

What happened to Lowtax?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He broke his drat neck!

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

The new season of trailer park boys is way better than the other netflix original seasons they've done. It's way more contained without all the famous bullshit and they do the old school shenanigans. Dialogue is better as well, they don't seem like caricatures of their former selves anymore.

Too bad about no jroc though. And rip Lahey

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

Yeah, Pizz was bad. But season 3 was mostly bad in comparison to 1 and 2 imo. It was still fun and I liked it, mostly it suffered from the network wanting them to not do a big season long mystery or w/e, so it was broken into 2 mysteries for each half of the season. Then it promptly died ...

drat WB/UPN merger.

I enjoyed how they just poo poo on him several times in the movie.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-commercials-clutter-20180327-story.html

The reduction is commercials is continuing. Fox is joining NBCU in reducing commercial load and they've even set a very nice goal.

quote:

Fox Networks Group, which includes the Fox network and the cable networks FX and Fox Sports, has an aggressive long-term plan in the works, aiming to get its commercial load down to two minutes per hour by 2020.

The network recently gave advertisers and viewers a taste of what the format would look like in a March 18 episode of "Family Guy." It ran uninterrupted, with just two one-minute spots from Sony PlayStation airing before and after the episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
About goddamn time. If I could run AdBlock on TV I would.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That's what a DVR is for.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man a lot of things happen in these 70’s Wisconsin teenagers’ lives in 2 years

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Man a lot of things happen in these 70’s Wisconsin teenagers’ lives in 2 years

The thing they really screwed up was setting the first season in '76.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mu Zeta posted:

I think the first season was also bad so this is nothing new

Bad or not there was still an enormous gulf in quality between the first and second.

Josh Lyman posted:

I thought S3 got cancelled. HBO wasting their GoT money.

It's ending next season anyway. What I'm curious about is what on god's earth are they going to replace it with that has the drawing power

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GoT spin offs.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Didn't they have like 5 in the works?

Plus that "Confederacy" show from the GoT creators that's sure to be a shitshow.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PostNouveau posted:

Didn't they have like 5 in the works?

Plus that "Confederacy" show from the GoT creators that's sure to be a shitshow.

Confederate got benched

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They aren't actually making 5 spin offs, they plan to make them fight, Thunderdome style until only one survives.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Confederate got benched

Ah yeah all that Charleston poo poo make them think better of it? God that was a terrible idea.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

PostNouveau posted:

Ah yeah all that Charleston poo poo make them think better of it? God that was a terrible idea.

Nah it's because D&D just got a Star Wars trilogy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol, this year's [adult swim] April Fool's joke is premiering FLCL season 2 in place of the rest of Toonami... in subbed Japanese. Everything, including the logo and interstitials, are all in Japanese.

e: Actually, it was the first episode of Season 3, which is even better.

Arist fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 1, 2018

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I can tolerate Roseanne Connor voting for Trump (as it seems a reasonable character choice for her) and I can even take them being sympathetic to why that would happen, but if the show itself prevaricates at all on the fact that it was the wrong and bad thing to do, I’m out. Does it prevaricate?

Oh, and if that Three Body Problem show really costs a billion dollars, there’s no way they’re setting it in the Chinese Cultural Revolution.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arist posted:

Lol, this year's [adult swim] April Fool's joke is premiering FLCL season 2 in place of the rest of Toonami... in subbed Japanese. Everything, including the logo and interstitials, are all in Japanese.

e: Actually, it was the first episode of Season 3, which is even better.

Wait wasnt FLCL a 6 ep ova

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They are making a new season of FLCL. They just aired it early.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Meanwhile Cartoon Network doesn't appear to be doing an April Fool's joke this year, which is kinda disappointing (last year they put googly eyes on all of the characters). Even the bumpers had them, which was an impressive commitment to the joke.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

They are making a new season of FLCL. They just aired it early.

Two new seasons and they're basically treating it like an anthology series where each season is going to be about Haruko interacting with a new group of kids.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

The thing they really screwed up was setting the first season in '76.

Yeah, isn't there a Christmas episode in every single one of the 8 seasons of the show that ends on January 1, 1980?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's ending next season anyway. What I'm curious about is what on god's earth are they going to replace it with that has the drawing power
I think they hoped it would be Westworld but that hasn't quite caught on yet, though to be fair, neither did GoT s1.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Wilmer Valderrama is both the guy that most Consistently makes them laugh for real and never breaks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Calaveron posted:

Wilmer Valderrama is both the guy that most Consistently makes them laugh for real and never breaks.

He had a great stint on Grey's Anatomy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

He's also the only one besides Mila Kunis who actually did cool poo poo afterwards. Loved him in Party Monster.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Topher Grace playing an rear end in a top hat version of himself for Oceans 11 was fun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah but what else has he done that hasn't been terrible?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

Topher Grace playing an rear end in a top hat version of himself for Oceans 11 was fun.

I forgot about that but yeah it was. Also he came back and did it again in Ocean's 12.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

precision posted:

I forgot about that but yeah it was. Also he came back and did it again in Ocean's 12.

I watched Ocean's Twelve last year for the first time since my wife and I had seen it in the theater--during which I was completely and utterly hammer-drunk--and Jesus Christ that's a terrible movie.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Timby posted:

I watched Ocean's Twelve last year for the first time since my wife and I had seen it in the theater--during which I was completely and utterly hammer-drunk--and Jesus Christ that's a terrible movie.

It's probably my favorite "bad movie" because it's terrible in such bizarre ways. I know Soderbergh smokes a lot of weed but god drat.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why’d they break up Jackie and Kelso so abruptly anyway
I mean they had a sweet moment, get engaged and then BAM Kelso leaves for California

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Was in a Half Priced Books and saw this book from 1977, and didn't realize it wasn't just a Arrested Development joke:

https://www.amazon.com/My-Name-Not-Bob-Loblaw/dp/0879490713

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Ocean's 12 the one where Julia Roberts's character's resemblance to famous movie star Julia Roberts is a key plot device?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Was in a Half Priced Books and saw this book from 1977, and didn't realize it wasn't just a Arrested Development joke:

https://www.amazon.com/My-Name-Not-Bob-Loblaw/dp/0879490713

Its the show that keeps on giving.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is Ocean's 12 the one where Julia Roberts's character's resemblance to famous movie star Julia Roberts is a key plot device?

and while Tess who is played by Julia Roberts is pretending to be Julia Roberts, Bruce Willis who is played by Bruce Willis comes up and talks to Tess (who is pretending to be Julia Roberts (and is played by Julia Roberts))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Comrade Fakename posted:

I can tolerate Roseanne Connor voting for Trump (as it seems a reasonable character choice for her) and I can even take them being sympathetic to why that would happen, but if the show itself prevaricates at all on the fact that it was the wrong and bad thing to do, I’m out. Does it prevaricate?

Umm the actress herself is pro Trump so what do you expect exactly?