Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CarlCX posted:

• The weekend before the fight Tony Ferguson rips his leg in half getting excited about the ice cream truck

Ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Skip My Posts posted:

this is like a living daymare

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Khabib's going to gently caress up his cut.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Dan Didio posted:

Khabib's going to gently caress up his cut.

He'll miss weight, beat Max, and Conor will still be lightweight champ.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
At least I don't have tickets to this one

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Lloyd Boner posted:

He'll miss weight, beat Max, and Conor will still be lightweight champ.

I wanted Max to win until I read this.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Gay Horney posted:

At least I don't have tickets to this one

Same, I've been burned twice by Khabib vs Tony :mad:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I honestly don't think my dad would have noticed the change between T-Ferg and Holloway. drat news sites.

They should just call this the Double-Interim Belt to be by American Gladiator Q-Tip Battle.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Take off your drat sunglasses when inside next time Tony

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
oh my god max is going to get brutalized.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really don't think Max can win despite how awesome he is.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I really don't think Bisping has anything for Rockhold, it's gonna be fun to watch him get owned.

Yeah 99% chance Max gets starched, but he's a good fighter and Khabib gets caught coming in for takedowns so it might be interesting. I mean, it's not likely, but stranger things have happened.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Max is barely out of having an ankle injury, it's a week's notice if that and the weakest part of his game has always been his bottom game. Still think he'll probably put on a good performance, though. He can probably make it to the championship rounds and then all the question marks are hanging over Khabib.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

all the question marks are hanging over Khabib.

huh?

i honestly thought max would have his hands full with dangerous wrestler frank edgar. i expect him to get brutally owned by habeeb. good of him to save the card for real. hope he gets paid properly.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Khabib's never gone more than three rounds and has never fought someone as good at controlling pace and slowing his opponent as Max or Tony.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm just thankful Max saved the show

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah, Max is cool as hell. I hope he wins and that convinces McGregor to take a fight and he wins that too.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Dan Didio posted:

Khabib's never gone more than three rounds and has never fought someone as good at controlling pace and slowing his opponent as Max or Tony.

You are up in the night

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Does this mean Champion/Rose is main event? It loving should be.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Max's paths to victory in this fight are few and far between, but none of them entail lying under Khabib and hoping Khabib gets tired from beating the poo poo out of him

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Why am I discussing Khabib max like it's going to happen. This is all an elaborate April fools joke

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

true, but against barboza he looked like he just stepped out of the shower after 3 so i'd be stunned if he just fell apart in the fourth against a much smaller fighter. still. we'll see.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the next big thing in mma training to surpass the silly air mask things is going to be wearing blinders like a horse so you don't involuntarily break your own legs if another human being enters your peripheral vision

Amazing

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
All this nonsense has made me think about how cool it would be to see Brian Ortega vs Khabib at LW. It's a really loving tough cut for Ortega to make 45 so it's not out of the question. Best fighter off his back vs the guy with the best top game

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Is there any chance that Max doesn't just look really small against Khabib at 155 and gets mauled?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The countdown with Joanna and Rose is up. Joanna's swagger got loving JACKED. interesting to see how she comes back. No matter what happens with this nonsense this is still a great loving card.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

true, but against barboza he looked like he just stepped out of the shower after 3 so i'd be stunned if he just fell apart in the fourth against a much smaller fighter. still. we'll see.

The body does weird things, I expected Tony to make Khabib work a lot more than Edson did, I'm not sure that Max can, but maybe. He's got very good takedown defence, probably not 'force Khabib into the open with him' takedown defence but if he can force a work-rate Khabib's not used to or even find an opportunity to put in that lovely bodywork he does, it might add up.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Is there any chance that Max doesn't just look really small against Khabib at 155 and gets mauled?

They're about the same size, IIRC. He's nowhere near as bulky, but.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 2, 2018

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Captain Log posted:

nah. for one it's for the (vacant) lightweight belt, and two, max is a reigning champion. joanna/thug rose is still a good fight & rematch but khabib vs max is a superfight on its own. like, khabib should have already been a champion and max would be coming off a successful title defense over edgar in another universe

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the next big thing in mma training to surpass the silly air mask things is going to be wearing blinders like a horse so you don't involuntarily break your own legs if another human being enters your peripheral vision

they really need to put some hay down in the gyms

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Max Holloway is amazing and cool as poo poo but Khabib's going to ragdoll him.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Yes i just dont see why his team let him accept this fight. If Nurmy doesn't opt for a relatively quick sub and instead decides on a prolonged beating, it will screw with Max's confidence and really gently caress his momentum at FW.

Really bad idea, IMO, he can get ruined p bad.

Honestly Ortega would have been a much better choice. Now THATS a loving fight, at least stylistically.

diesiel fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 2, 2018

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
hmmm Max we have been thinking it over and no way we can let you fight for another belt and make millions of dollars and save the PPV, it might end poorly. Also we can't let you fight any more at all because it could end poorly, have you considered computer programming

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Captain Log posted:

lmao what on earth

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ask not for whom the ankle picks, it picks for knee.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Ferguson must have seen something god drat amazing to turn so fast he destroyed his knee. I've actually seen it happen in real life before though so I feel for the guy. Years and years ago when I worked fast food a guy turned away from the window and blew out his knee. It can happen to anyone I guess?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I kind of want Max to win, not just because Max is awesome and I want good things for him, but because they just finally finished spending three years trying to put the shattered remains of featherweight back together and it'd be really loving funny to wind up with Jose Aldo vs Brian Ortega or whatever again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

5:31 AM in the best time zone. Considering Dana's a vampire and this is his peak time period of life, if this wasn't an April Fool's joke we'd have heard about it by now

Sorry for Horney and 90% of the other MMA fans who will spend the next 19 hours not believing it because "haha very funny but April Fools was yesterday, seriously Ferg you can go back to promoting your fight now"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
UFC April - where the belts are made up and the divisions dont matter

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
This isn't April fools bullshit? fml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU