Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Khizan posted:

IMO, a lot of what makes PotD so hard at the start is the starting companions.
  • Eder, who most people will build as a tank
  • Aloth, a Vancian style caster
  • Durance, another Vancian style caster
  • Kana, a chanter.

Nobody on that list is really that good at just weaponing things to death, especially with the boosted stats of PotD.

Eder is actually great at killing things. You just have to build out his talents which takes a few levels. I usually give him a Great Sword and let him use Tidefall. I also buy the Deadfire Belt and Forgemaster Gloves which lets him cast Firebrand which turns him into an absolute killing machine. You can get the belt/gloves early. Tidefall takes a bit longer.

For Aloth, a good early strategy with him is using Concelhaut's Staff which is a really powerful weapon early. It's also good to use Chillfog with him early which is a spell that dominates early regardless of difficulty.

For Durance, it's about putting some armor on him since he's weak as hell to damage with just his robes. You can keep using a staff with him though. It's actually a solid early weapon since it comes with a lash. Good vs trolls etc.

The main thing that is hard about potd is knowing what spells to use/how to gear companions. That takes knowing the game. If you know about the need to buff accuracy which helps you land both spells and attacks, you'll do well. If you know that Chillfog is clutch early, you'll do well. etc.

It's all about game knowledge. The companions aren't weak if you know how to use them. They're not statted out optimally but they don't need to be. Potd isn't that hard if you know the right tactics.

Nasgate posted:

I can't speak for PotD, but I went with 4.5 melee characters for a while on normal. It was atrocious until everyone got their mobility moves, which they only get at end game levels. But, after that every combat was this hilariously quick and had a good feel to it that casters can't provide.

Two barbarians just air dropping into a group of enemeis and spinning to win while Devil teleports and instagibs a wizard and Zahua kicks four people at once. Then Eder shoulder charges through the enemies leaving a wave of exploding bodies.

Melees are still good on Potd, but it's hard to top the AOE death/CC casters provide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Can you multiclass Eder into a Fighter/Priest? And if so, will he be a priest of Eothas?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Torrannor posted:

Can you multiclass Eder into a Fighter/Priest? And if so, will he be a priest of Eothas?

My current plan for Eder is to make him a fighter/rogue riposte tank, at least on my first playthrough, to see how it works.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

My current plan for Eder is to make him a fighter/rogue riposte tank, at least on my first playthrough, to see how it works.
I was thinking the same, just because I also plan to bring Pallegina along and two full tanks is a bit much. Adding some damage from rogue seems good.

Though I'm still leery of multiclass characters now that they get fewer total talents (I think). Still haven't played enough in the beta to see if it's as big of a loss as it seems.

E:. Might see about adding chanter to Pallegina too. That's one supportive, tough, character.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

With the talent reshuffling single classes might be more desirable again - rangers loosing out on play dead is whatever, but loosing twinned arrows would actually sting. Still gonna depend on whether fighters get abilities worth using at high levels.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

rope kid posted:

Our lead designer, Bobby Null
is that his real name

did he emerge from a william gibson novel

PS any news on a modding API or some easier way to mess with your json

i wrote a pyqt program that imports the gamedatafiles but boy would I like to not do that

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

In my current playthrough I have Pallegina as a single class paladin spec'd for damage dual-wielding unique swords and she tears things up. She's more fragile than Edér, but she's in medium armor vs. his heavy and I always have him using a shield.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

is that his real name

did he emerge from a william gibson novel

PS any news on a modding API or some easier way to mess with your json

i wrote a pyqt program that imports the gamedatafiles but boy would I like to not do that
'Tis his real name.

Post-launch, we are very likely to do more to actively support modding. I know right now it's very DIY, but it's hard for us to justify prioritizing modding assistance in the last month before launch.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

rope kid posted:

'Tis his real name.

Post-launch, we are very likely to do more to actively support modding. I know right now it's very DIY, but it's hard for us to justify prioritizing modding assistance in the last month before launch.

understood and agreed

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't reinventing the wheel at this point :thumbsup:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Avalerion posted:

With the talent reshuffling single classes might be more desirable again - rangers loosing out on play dead is whatever, but loosing twinned arrows would actually sting. Still gonna depend on whether fighters get abilities worth using at high levels.

loosing twinned arrows stings twice (zing)(zing)

Yeah, I'm not actually that big a fan of multi-classing generally speaking for the same reasons that I keep finding myself playing characters in the beta with maxed Perception -- I hate missing content, and being locked out of endgame stuff would drive me bonkers.

Still, Eder is a fighter and I never play fighters for their abilities. The fighter's job is to be the "tank" half of "tank and spank," and he can probably do that just as well while a fighter/rogue, if not better.

Anyway, update on New Beta progress:

I've made . . ten or twelve . . different little parties and taken six or eight of them around chunks of the map. The party I've settled on at this point at least, and used to clear everything that isn't locked behind the Engwithan Titan, is fighter/rogue (swashbuckler), paladin/chanter (herald), Eothasian priest, wizard, PC cipher (Ascendant).

Overall I'm really really liking the gameplay now. The biggest surprise has been how much the AI scripting has changed how I play. There are a lot of abilities, especially wizard spells, that become a lot more useful once you can set them as AI triggers, and once you get it set up combat is just much much much easier to manage, to the point that I actually find myself increasing the combat slider speed (something I did not ever expect myself to do).

The affliction/inspiration system is a really nice mechanic and makes the interplay of buffs and debuffs a lot more interesting. There's a nice interaction here with the AI scripting where you can just set your priest to (for example) hit anyone who has an intellect affliction (i.e., confuse/charm/dominate) with an Intellect inspiration, so no more worries (unless the priest is charmed)!

The Penetration/Armor system is . . . a lot less visible. It's rare that a "no pen" message pops up.

The Ascendant is boss. It has a very powerful "clutch hitter" feel, where you aren't doing much at first then your beat drops and you go to town with your high level powers. It's very well suited to the high-might/dex/per/int, dumped res/con, build I used in most of the first game (and the availability of Inspirations makes dumping stats less of a risk). In some ways it almost feels too good -- it might be a good idea to tone the Ascendant buff down to 15 seconds base instead of 20 -- but I could be wrong; the class feels very powerful but in practice I'm not actually sure that it's that much more potent than other classes are; all too soon the crash hits and you're back to a mere mortal again, and every so often you get carried away while Ascended and let something get too close and you get crunched, alas hubris.

Overall the Cipher power rebalance is very solid and most powers are quite usable now, but there are still a few Cipher powers that still need tweaking (Mental Binding still has the "duration is the same length as cast time + recovery" issue, although it is technically an AoE).

The new expanded open talents are a great improvement but there's still some weirdness and wonkery with them and I'd like to see them expanded a bit more. A few things I've avoided because according to reports at least they seem like either bugs or design flaws (two-weapon style reducing dual-wielded blunderbuss reload times to absurd minimums or making dual-wielded scepters insanely potent, for example). Mildly annoyed that there's no Gunner and Marksman available for people who aren't rangers. Due to all the armors and immunities, It seems like a LOT of builds can benefit from taking Arms Bearer for the extra weapon set.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 2, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Single classes seem really desirable in general right now, actually, even ignoring some of the ability reshuffling. The main reason I'm considering multiclassing is flavor. Even talking about multiclassing Eder and Pallegina, I'd still probably single-class them if I wanted to be massively optimal. Maybe.

In the ship-to-ship combat, is there any way to navigate around to the other side of the ship? Two of the ships I've found in the beta so far don't have any cannon on their starboard side, but there's no way that I can see to position myself on that side of their ship to take advantage of that. Also, while the ship-to-ship combat is a lot more polished than it used to be, I'm still finding some aspects a bit frustrating. I took on Faina's slaver ship and shot it nearly to poo poo and wounded most of the crew in the process, then decided I'd rather check out the boarding combat since I'd already sunk another ship. She's listed as level 6 rogue, and her crew is basically down to nothing, so it should be easy, right? Turns out when I do, she's got about half of her crew marked with at least one difficulty skull and they're all pretty drat healthy and willing and able to murder me.

The other thing is that a lot of the time, I don't really have much to do. This may be because I'm missing something about the systems and it may get more involved later as ships/equipment change, naturally. If both ships are settling into broadsides on each other, you've really got nothing to do at all provided you don't have to reshuffle crews. It takes as long to flip around as it does to reload the starting cannon, and that kind of positioning doesn't seem to matter as far as armor/health/etc goes either, so its turns of clicking "hold, hold, fire" and waiting for the text to change. If the enemy ship is on a different firing pattern than I am, substitute a "brace" instead of a hold in there if appropriate. Are there things I should be doing to improve either my effectiveness or enjoyment of the system? Could things like "injuries" to the ship require you to, for instance, designate crew to patch holes, put out fires, move gunpowder before it catches, etc? Just more status effects to deal with in general would at least change things up somewhat between turns. It'd be a lot work, but the same thing could even be used for weather effects and things to think about. Like "this turn there's a huge swell coming" so firing will suffer accuracy penalties, etc.

It also takes too long to close to boarding, imo, and I see no advantage at all to moving at half speed for any reason right now. Finally, its odd that in a world with a ton of people who can use magic to influence weather, there really doesn't seem to be a societal role for sea-based magical combat users. A druid seems like it'd be really goddamn useful to on a ship, for instance, and almost feels like it should be a "slot" like cook/surgeon/helm/etc where you stick a person that can do something that changes based on their specialization.

e: I feel really stupid for thinking about this only right now, but if you still need a way to make Resolve more useful for backline characters, what about making it reduce recovery time after using abilities specifically?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Ravenfood posted:

In the ship-to-ship combat, is there any way to navigate around to the other side of the ship? Two of the ships I've found in the beta so far don't have any cannon on their starboard side, but there's no way that I can see to position myself on that side of their ship to take advantage of that. Also, while the ship-to-ship combat is a lot more polished than it used to be, I'm still finding some aspects a bit frustrating. I took on Faina's slaver ship and shot it nearly to poo poo and wounded most of the crew in the process, then decided I'd rather check out the boarding combat since I'd already sunk another ship. She's listed as level 6 rogue, and her crew is basically down to nothing, so it should be easy, right? Turns out when I do, she's got about half of her crew marked with at least one difficulty skull and they're all pretty drat healthy and willing and able to murder me.

The other thing is that a lot of the time, I don't really have much to do. This may be because I'm missing something about the systems and it may get more involved later as ships/equipment change, naturally. If both ships are settling into broadsides on each other, you've really got nothing to do at all provided you don't have to reshuffle crews. It takes as long to flip around as it does to reload the starting cannon, and that kind of positioning doesn't seem to matter as far as armor/health/etc goes either, so its turns of clicking "hold, hold, fire" and waiting for the text to change. If the enemy ship is on a different firing pattern than I am, substitute a "brace" instead of a hold in there if appropriate. Are there things I should be doing to improve either my effectiveness or enjoyment of the system? Could things like "injuries" to the ship require you to, for instance, designate crew to patch holes, put out fires, move gunpowder before it catches, etc? Just more status effects to deal with in general would at least change things up somewhat between turns. It'd be a lot work, but the same thing could even be used for weather effects and things to think about. Like "this turn there's a huge swell coming" so firing will suffer accuracy penalties, etc.

You can't do a loop de loop around the enemy no but you can use "jibe" and if successful you'll instantly flip your ship around and be facing your fresh side against them with a new row of cannon.

When the ship has an injury you can assign crew to repair it yeah (and you have to if they shoot away your sails etc).

Weather effects seem like a good idea if well implemented. What I'd really like to see is wind direction and tacking but I suspect that's not happening because most people aren't me.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

You can't do a loop de loop around the enemy no but you can use "jibe" and if successful you'll instantly flip your ship around and be facing your fresh side against them with a new row of cannon.

When the ship has an injury you can assign crew to repair it yeah (and you have to if they shoot away your sails etc).

Weather effects seem like a good idea if well implemented. What I'd really like to see is wind direction and tacking but I suspect that's not happening because most people aren't me.
It takes two turns to jibe, at least for me, and gives a nasty accuracy penalty so its about the same as just holding, at least until my crew gets better at shooting or I get cannon that take longer to reload.

And I've seen that sail injury but never did anything with it because I just...was sitting still shooting at the enemy ship so didn't care.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Just realised that this is coming out on the 8th May, which is when I’ve said I can start working my new job. gently caress saaaaake.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm torn between playing it right away to join in on the new-game chat and holding off for patches/DLC. Of course that's if I can even run it; my old machine can barely get 30fps in Pillars 1 at the best of times. So that's a definite tally for the "hold off" side

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Entropy238 posted:

Just realised that this is coming out on the 8th May, which is when I’ve said I can start working my new job. gently caress saaaaake.

what, do you work 16 hour days or something? whats the rush

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Ravenfood posted:

It takes two turns to jibe, at least for me
Ships now turn and jibe at different speeds (i.e. more turns) based on size. The sloop and voyager are the fastest, followed by the dhow, followed by the galleon and junk.

I have designs for weather effects, but they were a bridge too far.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

rope kid posted:

What's another month delay :v:

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

what, do you work 16 hour days or something? whats the rush

I’ve been in the same weird work at home legal job (in the games/movie industry) for about five years and it’s going to be a huge adjustment going in to an actual office, and maybe actually even being in charge of people. I’ll be doing extra reading in the evenings to stay on top of new stuff I’m doing etc ...

It’ll probably be a few weeks before I can sit down and play it in the right frame of mind, but maybe it’s not a bad thing letting some time pass and letting the game get patched a bit.

I’m working public sector now so I don’t have to compromise on my values :unsmith:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Ginette Reno posted:

Potd isn't that hard if you know the right tactics..

I would say that PoD isn’t hard, but it is unforgiving. On Hard and below, you can almost always hit a point where the combat is won and you can autoattack the rest of it. On PoD I usually have to pay attention until the last mob is dead.

I also don’t find it much fun until Act 2, so I use IEMod to turn it on and off through out the early game.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rope kid posted:

Waidwen had designs on the Dyrwood but that was a bridge too far also :(.

I bet Eothas turned into a giant statue and went to Deadfire just to wage war on all the bridges there. Or maybe because it's a bunch of islands and there aren't many bridges there.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Went for another playthru in the beta, this time simulating the expected party makeup in the full version: Watcher Barb/Rogue, Eder Fighter/Rogue, Pallegina Paladin/Chanter, Aloth Wizard/Fighter, Xoti Priest/Monk (mostly Priest abilities). Missing Cipher/Hunter but everything dies pretty fast, there's plenty of buffs & recovery, and the ranged easily can switch between CC/damage. The Paladin/Chanter serves as a backup tank in case adds spawn behind the party (which happens like 25% of the time) and the Wizard can eventually be a bit tankier due to Armored Grace/Constant Recovery. Might switch the Watcher to Barb/Fighter - Rogue isn't adding as much as I thought it would, and Armored Grace/Constant Recovery/extra base weapon damage would be useful. Will be interesting to see how this plays out at endgame.

Aesthetic notes - The weapon hits and animations are meaty & violent as hell. Dual wield looks like someone wielding two separate weapons well, rather than periodic flurries with both weapons. There's a slight framerate drop when a new map loads, but it's over in a few seconds and doesn't come back until the next map. Game continues to look and sound real pretty, even more than D:OS2. They really improved visual clarity as promised. I know exactly what's happening at any time.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
If you select the sinister-looking "Hunched" pose for your character, they hunch over into a shadow. A+ character creator dynamic lighting placement, would buy again

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Stream going on now:

https://www.twitch.tv/obsidian

e: Archive:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/245952827

Scorchy fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 3, 2018

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
What I caught of that was cool and informative.

Anyone know if that was beta content or from the actual full game?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Clever Spambot posted:

Anyone know if that was beta content or from the actual full game?

Actual full game!

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Just got around to playing the beta. Are the subclass descriptions in character creation placeholders? Just wondering because they are all incredibly vague. For example it says Assassin gets a penalty where all damage received is increased. Why doesn't it say by how much? It is hard to build a character when the game doesn't tell you what your abilities actually do.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
If anyone's having trouble with the sand blights that spawn during the Titan fight now, you can kite them over to the explosive barrels by the kobolds if you left those up.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

:allears: So pretty.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Traxis posted:

Just got around to playing the beta. Are the subclass descriptions in character creation placeholders? Just wondering because they are all incredibly vague. For example it says Assassin gets a penalty where all damage received is increased. Why doesn't it say by how much? It is hard to build a character when the game doesn't tell you what your abilities actually do.

Same with riposte. Right click info menu says a "chance" to counterattack. Thanks, boss, very helpful. 10%? 30%? 96.4%?

Also, is it just me, or is turning ai on the bb wizard just suicide? He constantly throws area affect spells into the melee to roast my guys.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
A question I'd have asked on the stream, had i been able to see it in real time: in the original Fig campaign, multiclassing companions was intended to be more freeform (iirc Eder, say, would start as a fighter or rogue but then you could also multiclass him with anything else, e.g. Ghost Heart ranger) and after the new system was introduced I think there was mention of possibly bringing back that open multiclassing in a post-launch update. Is that still something that might happen?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

This is rad. Might carry a torch like that because holy poo poo that lighting. May mod it or look for mods that make torches more viable/not overpowered weapons.

2house2fly posted:

A question I'd have asked on the stream, had i been able to see it in real time: in the original Fig campaign, multiclassing companions was intended to be more freeform (iirc Eder, say, would start as a fighter or rogue but then you could also multiclass him with anything else, e.g. Ghost Heart ranger) and after the new system was introduced I think there was mention of possibly bringing back that open multiclassing in a post-launch update. Is that still something that might happen?

Estimating based on previous responses to related questions - possibly yes, but I think they're pretty set on the class options available for companions (roleplay, mechanical, etc.) and that mercenaries fill the niche of greater customization.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Just finished my Vailian ultranationalist run. I love the flexibility on endings.

The Dyrwood was:
  • Attacked by birds (thousands dead)
  • Attacked by dragons (many villages destroyed)
  • Attacked by forest fires and a vessel-revolt like West World
  • Attacked by plague, random no-cause deaths
  • Attacked by turbulent seas (coasts ravaged, trade shut down)
  • Attacked by wild animals (many villages destroyed)

The following groups successfully purged scapegoated minorities:
  • Lord Raedric, et al. purging Eothasians
  • Stalwart purging Ogres
  • Defiance Bay purging Animancers
  • Skaen Cult (slowly) purging aristocrats

Defiance Bay is ruined. Valia is doing great. Woedica got the souls. Thaos and Iovara are obliterated.

mua ha ha

Also, everyone's dead except Aloth, Pallegina and Zahua (killed them all, of course).

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Yeah, I guarantee someone's gonna be looking into how to mod poo poo to open up multiclassing for companions, or at least find a way to console up what you want.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I feel bad that I'm probably gonna make Xoti a full-priest for earliest access to the good priest stuff because there's only room for one punchman in this party buddy.

I get it though, if she's one of the early party members then if you roll a wizard or whatever probably good to have someone who can hit things good early on.

e: I dunno if this question got asked ages ago but - if the game is assumed to be Really Big with lots of optional content how does the levelling curve work out? If I don't scale things am I running around at max if I obsessively explore?
(That is not necessarily a bad thing)

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 3, 2018

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

rope kid posted:

Ships now turn and jibe at different speeds (i.e. more turns) based on size. The sloop and voyager are the fastest, followed by the dhow, followed by the galleon and junk.

That's what expansions are for. Weather effects fits nicely on a bullet point, right?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Finally bothered to actually finish out the BB completely.

Couple final thoughts:

1) the second to last level is where I always stopped bothering before, because holy hell is everything immune to piercing damage. This time I brought along a quarterstaff, which helped.

2) That saber would be dandy if it worked!

3) wooohooo ammo types for your ship cannons, I am an ~*~ Idea Guy ~*~

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm playing this again, hoo boy.

I've played once without white march, and i've beaten white march twice, and i've fizzled out on white march 2 twice.

Is the temple of ondra more or less the end-level of WM2? Last time i played, i had a few other quests standing out but i went ahead and plunged into the temple, and it was an assbeating i just wasn't in the mood to micro my way through. I'm wondering if finishing WM2 is really very high on my priority list.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

rope kid posted:

Our lead designer, Bobby Null, has played through the game twice. The second time was on Veteran with a solo assassin/wizard. He had a ton of fun but said there were certain fights he had to avoid because there were just too many tough enemies to deal with.

One question about solo runs: are there any mechanics in place to help with skill checks? The skill checks in the BB are calculated assuming you have a full party assisting you, which makes sense considering that is the intended method of play, but might make skill checks in solo kind of... frustrating. Solo characters effectively have 1/5th the skill points of normal parties (unless I'm misunderstanding how the skillpoint system works), so unless the PC hyperspecializes in one or maybe two skills they aren't going to be able to succeed checks intended for their level.

If the answer here is "no", or "that's like priority 285b, and we're still working on the mid-twenties" I'll totally understand, it's just that the combat system is flexible enough so I don't feel overly penalized for only having one party member, and it'd be nice if skill checks had that same sort of elasticity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

basic hitler posted:

I'm playing this again, hoo boy.

I've played once without white march, and i've beaten white march twice, and i've fizzled out on white march 2 twice.

Is the temple of ondra more or less the end-level of WM2? Last time i played, i had a few other quests standing out but i went ahead and plunged into the temple, and it was an assbeating i just wasn't in the mood to micro my way through. I'm wondering if finishing WM2 is really very high on my priority list.

Pretty close, there's one more map+dungeon combo after it but it's not as bad (and full of goddamn prone-causing monks :argh:) as the temple.

• Locked thread