Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

I still think the poster that said Kreel was going to be the one to make contact with the gravitonium is still spot on.

They even mention how the accelerator they are looking for can.. dun dun dun.. create someone just like Kreel. Isn't that how he got his powers in the first place?

He's such an obvious choice over either Daisy or Murder Barbie (I still can't remember her name).

I thought the implication was that Creel was a more or less successful trial subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I've been behind for 3 weeks but I'm finally caught up. Goddamnit they killed more dogs.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
So I was going to rewatch some old episodes on account of having the flu again, and I'm on episode 8.

In the flashback where May and Yo-yo argue while Robin is talking about Flint, Yo-Yo's arms are fully covered, particularly her hands have the rubber/leather gloves similar to Coulson's early prosthetics.

Also, when May says to remember who they are, Yo-Yo says something along the lines of "What happened to SHIELD? We don't even call ourselves that anymore."

So even in flashbacks to the original future, Yo-Yo may have prosthetic arms, and they're possibly teamed up with Hale Hydra, which means they haven't changed anything yet.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Everything will follow the plot of the flashbacks until the last episode or two. That's when things will change.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Xtanstic posted:

I've been behind for 3 weeks but I'm finally caught up. Goddamnit they killed more dogs.

Should have killed people instead! :v:

Kheldarn posted:

Everything will follow the plot of the flashbacks until the last episode or two. That's when things will change.

This is how it usually works, yes.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I just want to point out that even though Kassius was made out to be a bad guy, no dogs died on his watch :colbert:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

SpartanIvy posted:

I just want to point out that even though Kassius was made out to be a bad guy, no dogs died on his watch :colbert:

That's interesting. I don't remember seeing any dogs (or other animals) around in the future, alien cockroaches aside.
Maybe he killed all the dogs, not just some.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Teen Hale's hair seemed really inaccurate for 1990. Like insufficiently high by 3 inches.

Also appreciated teen whatever his name was with the big glasses.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpartanIvy posted:

Because the Kree ate all of them.

KTS
Jun 22, 2004

I wax my rocket every day!

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Sitwell, who was murdered about 2 seconds after being outed as Hydra.

I was rewatching some S1 episodes and it's amazing how much the show has evolved from there and the characters have grown

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

KTS posted:

Sitwell, who was murdered about 2 seconds after being outed as Hydra.

I was rewatching some S1 episodes and it's amazing how much the show has evolved from there and the characters have grown

I recognized him instantly, I just can never remember his name.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Xtanstic posted:

Who knew Hirohiko Araki secretly wrote this show?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

achillesforever6 posted:

Who knew Hirohiko Araki secretly wrote this show?

Inhuman powers are basically Stands.

E: and the letter Y sounds like a J in english with certain words, so YoYo could be JoJo. :thunk:

SpartanIvy fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Apr 2, 2018

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bou posted:

I was so relieved when the scene ended with him just dissing Deke.

as every scene should

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Seriously though I am down as gently caress for Jemma and Leopold Simmons-Fitz, Science Antiheroes. Let's do this poo poo.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm also down for the Mad Science Power Hour.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PunkBoy posted:

Season 5, Episode 15: Rise and Shine

:gifs:

What, no "Catamari Mata Hari"?

Good gifs, though :)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Calamari

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gorilla Salad posted:

The earth cracked into a million pieces yet retaining a somewhat round shape? I blame the King of All Cosmos

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xtanstic posted:

If it makes you feel better Hale shot one dude in the chest so a dog might live

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Because the Kree ate all of them.

Can you picture Cassisus being the sort to want to eat a dog?

Make them into a coat like a Disney villain, sure. Maybe ship some off world to sell for meager profits as alien curiosities. But to a guy like that it'd probably be like an ambassador eating rat from a 3rd world country.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Jetfire posted:

So Hale talking about "altering the deal" is a Vader reference, right

I'm sure. Hell, I hope that before she inevitably dies we get another 'humanising Hale' scene where she's shown to secretly be a massive Star Wars nerd.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Gorilla Salad posted:

Weirdly enough I somehow missed that line when I watched the episode live and when I went back to make gifs.

https://i.imgur.com/8yDbxy9.gifv

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Ironically, the Confederacy does ensure the safety of the human race in the original timeline. They just do it by doing exactly what Coulson says they did: enslaving us.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

It does actually.

Also, since I'm not caught up on the thread, I must have missed the discussion. The Corporation guy shrouded in the shadows seems really familiar. When I watched the last episode, it kinda looked like the messenger guy that gets punted into the well in 300. Peter Mensah?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

Also, since I'm not caught up on the thread, I must have missed the discussion. The Corporation guy shrouded in the shadows seems really familiar. When I watched the last episode, it kinda looked like the messenger guy that gets punted into the well in 300. Peter Mensah?

Nobody brought this up before, so you didn't miss anything. I just checked, and you're correct. His character name is Qovas.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Kheldarn posted:

Nobody brought this up before, so you didn't miss anything. I just checked, and you're correct. His character name is Qovas.

It was brought up. Someone pointed out that he was Oenomaus on Spartacus.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

It was brought up. Someone pointed out that he was Oenomaus on Spartacus.

Oh that's why he was so drat familiar. I started watching that recently.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was kind of amazing how many squid puns Talbot had. He most have been workshopping them for years.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

STAC Goat posted:

It was kind of amazing how many squid puns Talbot had. He most have been workshopping them for years.

Guy really, really hates Hydra. :911:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

STAC Goat posted:

Every time he thought he was done with them they returned. Obviously, he had a lot of time to rehearse.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SpartanIvy posted:

He ate them all. Knee love them some dog meat.

Yes, I know Rhyno beat me to it.

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Teen Hale's hair seemed really inaccurate for 1990. Like insufficiently high by 3 inches.

I thought her hair was too long for a military academy.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Killing a human so that a dog can live is Textbook Hydra Behavior 101.

:colbert:

(Don't kill dogs, okay? But also, more importantly, don't kill humans.)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

Nah, he’s just got a mind like a steel trap.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He ate them all. Knee love them some dog meat.

Yes, I know Rhyno beat me to it.

I thought her hair was too long for a military academy.

Killing a human so that a dog can live is Textbook Hydra Behavior 101.

:colbert:

(Don't kill dogs, okay? But also, more importantly, don't kill humans.)

If a man and a dog have a fight where both would die in a lethal stalemate, is it moraly correct to kill the dog to save the human? Consider the fact that the dog would have dies either way. Unless you Had killed the human.

Now what would be the correct choice of you'd replace the dog with something else, like a human?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 2, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

cant cook creole bream posted:

If a man and a dog have a fight where both would die in a lethal stalemate, is it moraly correct to kill the dog to save the human? Consider the fact that the dog would have dies either way. Unless you Had killed the human.

Now what would be the correct choice of you'd replace the dog with something else, like a human?

The value of a neutral human's life is greater than that of a neutral dog's.

A good doggo, of course, outranks an evil person, though that's not the same thing as all dogs are unconditionally better than all humans.

The way some people phrase it it implies they value a dog's life far above that of a stranger's, and that kind of hyperbole is incredibly frightening to me.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The value of a neutral human's life is greater than that of a neutral dog's.

A good doggo, of course, outranks an evil person, though that's not the same thing as all dogs are unconditionally better than all humans.

The way some people phrase it it implies they value a dog's life far above that of a stranger's, and that kind of hyperbole is incredibly frightening to me.

America's making me cynical enough I would automatically assume good doggie, bad person as the default state.

Also what about a chaotic neutral dog? What then, hotshot!?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In this thread lets try and solve the thing where some people empathize more with dogs than they do with other human beings.

This should go well.

:)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

In this thread lets try and solve the thing where some people empathize more with dogs than they do with other human beings.

Dogs are rarely assholes, the majority of people seem to be assholes

Mystery solved

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\/\ Some people are a product of circumstances.

Blazing Ownager posted:

America's making me cynical enough I would automatically assume good doggie, bad person as the default state.

Also what about a chaotic neutral dog? What then, hotshot!?

All bets are off, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My grandmother used to love to tell a story about how when I was an infant I'd always reach out of my stroller to dogs every time until one snapped at me and then I stopped.

So clearly we're all just divided between people who suffered their first unspeakable and undeserved trauma at the hands of humans or dogs.

And the people who delude themselves into thinking their cats aren't plotting ways to kill them