Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm honestly not sure if anything they do will ever top the gallagher impressions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

After listening to the cloverfield paradox commentary track I can't wait for them to do an episode ten years from now.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I've been on stage with Gallagher and it was also humiliating. Should I write in?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I've been on stage with Gallagher and it was also humiliating. Should I write in?

:justpost:

And also write in, yes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Jerk McJerkface posted:

You got throw pumpkin pie filling at our parents. I'd say it's the opposite of humiliating.

edit: I've searched high and low and I can't find the pictures of it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jose Oquendo posted:

You got throw pumpkin pie filling at our parents. I'd say it's the opposite of humiliating.

Penis hat.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

March Schedule:

Episode 347 — Shrek

Episode 348 — Wild Hogs

Episode 349 — Lost in Space

Episode 350 — Airborne

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — Iron Man: "Iron Man on the Inside" (s2, e19)

The Nexus — TOS: "Arena" (s1, e18) & TNG: "Coming of Age" (s1, e18)

Patreon Bonus Episode for February — Jungle 2 Jungle

I recall watching several eps of the Iron Man cartoon as a kid but the only thing I actually REMEMBER is the theme song ("I! AM! I-RON-MAAAAAAAAN!"), M.O.D.O.K being reduced to an idiotic lackey and them trying to make the Mandarin not racist by making him inexplicably green a la James Bond Jr.

Lost In Space was also a movie I watched several times as a kid, to my eternal shame. Can't wait to hear their take on "I love you wife".

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 2, 2018

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
This is a great lineup. Airborne is one of those movies I forgot existed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

clown shoes posted:

I had never heard of it until now

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Oh man, Shrek, Jungle2Jungle and Lost In Space were in heavy rotation at my house at different points while growing up. Can't wait for this month :allears:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Lost in Space is the movie I've called in the last few years for listener request so I'm stoked they're finally doing it. Probably because the new Netflix show is about to premiere.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Looking forward to listening them poo poo on Tim Allen across 2 episodes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I was first appalled that they were going to do Lost In Space, then I realized that I was thinking of Galaxy Quest.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

clown shoes posted:

I remember it only because it inexplicably had Roger Waters' "What God Wants" on the soundtrack. Because today's skateboarding teens love nothing more than cranky old Roger roasting George HW Bush

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I remember it only because it inexplicably had Roger Waters' "What God Wants" on the soundtrack. Because today's skateboarding teens love nothing more than cranky old Roger roasting George HW Bush

The fact that "What God Wants" exists outside of the context of "Amused to Death," is just making me :psyduck:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

clown shoes posted:

As a native of Cincinnati, I am legally obligated to never forget that Airborne exists. Airborne is infinite. Airborne is forever.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Fart City posted:

As a native of Cincinnati, I am legally obligated to never forget that Airborne exists. Airborne is infinite. Airborne is forever.

Did you ever have a date in an arboretum on roller blades?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Iron Crowned posted:

The fact that "What God Wants" exists outside of the context of "Amused to Death," is just making me :psyduck:

It really is a hell of a pick for your skateboard or BMX movie. I like to imagine there's an alternate cut of Angus somewhere where they dance to "It's a Miracle".

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hockles posted:

I was first appalled that they were going to do Lost In Space, then I realized that I was thinking of Galaxy Quest.

I mean, Galaxy Quest would probably make a good episode too? The qualifier for a good episode isn't that it's a bad movie, just that it's easy to make jokes about; Mortal Kombat is a fantastic movie and a GOAT-tier WHM episode.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jose Oquendo posted:

Well then check your inbox

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

God, being able to hear Andrew's live first time reaction to the end of Cloverfield Paradox was one of my favorite show moments just for how genuine it was.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Cael posted:

God, being able to hear Andrew's live first time reaction to the end of Cloverfield Paradox was one of my favorite show moments just for how genuine it was.

What does he say?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Legit surprised that they've never done Lost in Space but i'm sure it's gonna be a good episode. There's a lot of stupid but fun poo poo in there for the guys to riff on.

Shrek will be.. interesting.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Calaveron posted:

What does he say?

mostly a bunch of nos fucks and "you can't do that"

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
My older sister was both really into rollerblading and had a big crush on the lead actor, so I legit saw Airborne like a half dozen times when it came out on video. Have not seen it since, though. It will make for a great episode. The whole thing ends on a ridiculously dangerous roller race down a bunch of hilly residential streets. I think Jack Black slams into a telephone pole nuts first.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I listened to a lot of Coast to Coast over the years. Art Bell was really great about letting just the right amount of crazy on the show. Eric, if you’re out there, please call Art and ask him to do an episode of WHM or BIOOS. He’s not doing anything now anyway is he? Also, gently caress yes for Airborne! It’s such a dumb fun movie.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Did you ever have a date in an arboretum on roller blades?

No, but I have driven down the dreaded ~ Devil's Backbone ~.

(It's a nice, gently curving road banked by lush woods and a few houses that ends absolutely nowhere near the river like it does in the movie)

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Durandal1707 posted:

Shrek will be.. interesting.

I actually don't think Shrek is a completely terrible movie. It's not great by any measure, and the weirdly sexual jokes are uncomfortable, but I don't think it's completely hot garbage like the guys do. Nothing dates it worse than Smash Mouth.

Grabbage!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I distinctly remember Shrek being advertised as a cartoon but for adults! Then it made a bajillion dollars from kids and they 180d it real fast.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

haha the gingerbread man said eat me

*throws a billion dollars at the screen*

*smashmouth plays as your casket is lowered into the earth*

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbAe--MJ8xw

That's some prime Lithgowing

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Coheed and Camembert posted:

I actually don't think Shrek is a completely terrible movie. It's not great by any measure, and the weirdly sexual jokes are uncomfortable, but I don't think it's completely hot garbage like the guys do. Nothing dates it worse than Smash Mouth.

Grabbage!

Yeah it's not thaaaat bad and you can definitely tell they're sort of finding things to be angry about just for the sake of it.

That said, they are 1 million percent correct about it being patient zero for all the lovely non-Pixar CG films.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, the first Shrek isn't too bad, even if not all of it has aged super well. The sequels, though, are hot garbage.

Lithgow is great in the first one.

I haven't listened to the guys talk about it yet, though.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I remember being a stupid kid and finding Shrek 2 to be superior to the original. Now I can’t help but wonder if while I enjoyed the movie a monkey paw was curling up somewhere.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

That said, they are 1 million percent correct about it being patient zero for all the lovely non-Pixar CG films.
I feel like it's also patient zero for the dance party ending that every lovely CG animated movie feels compelled to have.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/981248831177281536

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

I had that same shirt as a kid.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I feel like it's also patient zero for the dance party ending that every lovely CG animated movie feels compelled to have.

Nah, that's Caddyshack.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Whenever they bring up Beauty and the Beast it's always about anatomy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Shrek directed by Aleksei German is something I didn't know I wanted before I listened to this episode.