Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Why do I dislike Ariel Helwani so much? I can't think of any individual thing he's done to make me dislike him so much, but I dislike him so much.

His coverage of the sport is steeped in sycophancy and then he turns around and cries when someone tells him he cant have his fake job anymore. He also cries when he reaches orgasm. His interviews are committed with the reckless enthusiasm of a nickelodeon "star" they let do the red carpet interviews for the kids choice awards as a joke.

April: veered sharply to say hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

true facts right there

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Really unfortunate that whoever runs the UFC twitter sent that out instead of DMing Dangersim like they meant to.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It wasnt even the greatest UFC fight between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bluedeanie posted:

It wasnt even the greatest UFC fight between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

max holloway owns and even though i doubt he owns enough to beat khabib on a few days notice, i hope he does because that would rule

Holloway winning that would quite possibly be the single best win in MMA history.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Turns out Khabib may not be the highest risk of missing weight in this fight. https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/..._source=twitter

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Embedded 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErMYmIG2gHQ

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Unfortunately I've Had Some Science Stuff Happen To Me

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
You forgot to embed the embedded.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Unfortunately I've Had Some Science Stuff Happen To Me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That tennis ball stuff is legit awesome, it must be so difficult.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That tennis ball stuff is legit awesome, it must be so difficult.

She should just get one of these but I guess it’s important that Pat feel like he brings something of value to the relationship, even if he is replaceable by a sweatband and some stretchy string.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sgnH1-gLxfA

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
She should just learn to code computers it’s a lot more efficient

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

She should just get one of these but I guess it’s important that Pat feel like he brings something of value to the relationship, even if he is replaceable by a sweatband and some stretchy string.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sgnH1-gLxfA

Mmmm, Pat Barry has some pretty legit striking chops.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Please, mebbe, is First April joke.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Everyone's favorite anonymous analyst has a video up on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oG15ruwS_w

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

it isnt even the best attempt at running from a diaz

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
as voted on by YOU! Dana white and john kavanagh

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/981280248837832713

gently caress it why not

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

gently caress em up RDA

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Kill Whitey

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

threeagainstfour posted:

gently caress em up RDA

Gay Horney posted:

Kill Whitey

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Why is Tyrone on the shelf?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kensei posted:

Shoulder surgery, hopes to be back in July

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

There have now been half as many interim championships in two years of WME running the UFC as in the 20 years of the UFC having regular championships beforehand, and it would've been more if Romero hadn't been overweight.

Also, gently caress a Colby.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

kensei posted:

Watched a montage of his last 3 title defenses, slipped into a coma.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Colby Covington UFC Champion

Shut this sham down. Strikeforce was more legit.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

as voted on by YOU! Dana white and john kavanagh

as voted by the LW group chat

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DigitalMocking posted:

Watched a montage of his last 3 title defenses, slipped into a coma.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

MMA media are reporting that Alex Oliveira will replace Matt Brown and fight Carlos Condit 4/14 on 11 days notice

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I’ve got a bad feeling Colby is gonna smother RDA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Memento posted:

I'll get a new thread up tomorrow, I'm sure someone will point out to me the best title from the last few pages

Bluedeanie posted:

UFC April - I Will Let You Down, I Will Make Me Hurt

Lid posted:

UFC April - Holloway - NURMAGOMEDOV! BABY DON'T HURT ME!

threeagainstfour posted:

Precision beats power, and timing beats pregnancy.

Any of these would be great in my opinion

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I want to make a T Ferg x Bonnie Tyler joke but I’m not talented enough.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

El Roncho posted:

Truly a murderer's row of vaunted wrestlers proven in MMA.

1. You said solid wreslting base. Don't move goalposts just because your statement was so obviously stupid.

2. Who are these elite wrestlers at 155? If RDA doesn't count then it's Khabib, Keven Lee and crickets.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

1. You said solid wreslting base. Don't move goalposts just because your statement was so obviously stupid.

2. Who are these elite wrestlers at 155? If RDA doesn't count then it's Khabib, Keven Lee and crickets.

You sure do get heated real easily. This is the second time you've jumped on my poo poo for something loving stupid and I'm already over it.

I definitely could've phrased it better in that I meant elite wrestlers. I'd like to see him matched up with Eddie or Gaethje. I'm sure this makes me the stupidest person ever but I honestly don't care at this point since I'm sick to god drat death of arguing with you.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Part 1 of my 2018 comes true.

Unless my memory fails me, interim or not, this is the first time in UFC history that a champion has moved to a new division and succeded in fighting his way to a title shot. Every other time a champion or former champion has fought for a title outside of his weight class, he was given that title fight in the divisional debut, or he never got a shot at the belt.

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

CommonShore posted:

Unless my memory fails me, interim or not, this is the first time in UFC history that a champion has moved to a new division and succeded in fighting his way to a title shot. Every other time a champion or former champion has fought for a title outside of his weight class, he was given that title fight in the divisional debut, or he never got a shot at the belt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9EpelD-ETM

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Now that GGG vs Canelo is off maybe Conor will come out of retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

El Roncho posted:

You sure do get heated real easily. This is the second time you've jumped on my poo poo for something loving stupid and I'm already over it.

I definitely could've phrased it better in that I meant elite wrestlers. I'd like to see him matched up with Eddie or Gaethje. I'm sure this makes me the stupidest person ever but I honestly don't care at this point since I'm sick to god drat death of arguing with you.

Say what you mean next time.

CommonShore posted:

You could retroactively count Cormier's heavyweight record to his title shot. Same dudes are in the top ten.

Oh yeah duh

• Locked thread