Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Me having my own Cu Alter will be canon someday and not just me using a support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

it's a multiverse everything is canon

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Aurora posted:

babe ruth banner for e pluribus 2

You can't unleash The Curse Of The Bambino <The 86 Year Drought>! You think Kotomine is bad, you don't even want to KNOW what Holy Church Executioners from Boston are like.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 15, 2018

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
F/GO makes the Wall Street Journal (paywalled)

Dude spent $71k on rolls, and plays the game most of his waking hours. It seems like he made a ton of money in the stock market and now just lives the patrician NEET lifestyle.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

maybe capitalism isn't a good thing

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
if everyone who got rich just hosed off to lounge in whatever hedonism they preferred rather than actively making the world as terrible as possible in order to get even richer capitalism wouldn't be anywhere near as bad :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

UberJew posted:

if everyone who got rich just hosed off to lounge in whatever hedonism they preferred rather than actively making the world as terrible as possible in order to get even richer capitalism wouldn't be anywhere near as bad :v:

Anime will save capitalism by making billionaires waste their money on virtual waifus.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Finally something trickle down.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's a pretty good example of how nobody actually needs that much money and that if you insist on having it, you'll then need something to waste it on.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

UberJew posted:

I mean that's what most normal people who get rich do. The problem is capitalism rewards the largest sociopath with ever increasing amounts of money and power. So you most people drop off right after they realize they no longer need to work in order to maintain a life of comfort, and the only ones who proceed to get richer than that are weirdos.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Heaven's Feel Blu-Ray will be out on the ninth of May. I'll finally be able to see it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Can't wait for all the high-quality Hassan gifs.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Arjuna’s showing up in Extella Link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ZmZfcUJ_o

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Arjuna’s showing up in Extella Link.

Also Darius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jOGR3ukaLc

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but what about jalter

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Stairmaster posted:

but what about jalter

No fanfics allowed. :v:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

burn

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Completed the main story of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia tonight, got the last few scenes and got the completion up to 100.0%. :toot:

Now to find the time to battle my way through the hanafuda minigame. :shepface:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gilles and Lancelot from Zero are next on the list. They look like they’ll be pretty fun to play, too.

Only remaining Servant will be a Ruler, so I guess that’ll either be Amakusa Shirou or an OC villain like Attila. Pity there isn’t more Assassin representation in the expanded roster - they’re not a class naturally suited for musou-style games, but Hassan of the Hundred Faces could have had some really cool gameplay (and yes, I know what happened when he went up against an army in Zero).

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Gramps would make a great musou character.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I dunno, his only speed is "menacing walk"* And slow characters in music games suuuuck.

* And yet he's always right behind you when you look back!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Just give him a shadow teleport like exdeath in dissidia or something.
E: Gilles owns but I don't care for Lancelot because I wanted Head Nurse instead!!!!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

put in a second jeanne for the ruler and make it jalter wearing a wig that comes off five seconds after her introduction

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stairmaster posted:

put in a second jeanne for the ruler and make it jalter wearing a wig that comes off five seconds after her introduction

It's actually Orleans Jeanne Alter for the ruler.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ruler could be new char acting as the uhhh. antagonist or whatever.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the kotomine npc develops sapience

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Maybe instead of Amakusa, we'll get Sherlock Holmes.

Nah, it'll probably be Amakusa.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it'll be mecha-eli

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Ruler BB

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

it's actually going to be swimsuit Martha

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ruler ORT.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I just played through f/sn for the first time. I liked it. I tend to be pretty "ehh" on stories that use a lot of folkloric or mythological characters in them, because usually they try to be big mythic stories that end up not feeling anything like actual mythology (I think a lot of this has to do with people thinking the monomyth structure is myth, despite it being bad). But this works for me since its a) its not trying to create a modern story that feels "mythic" or "folkloric" b) you can tell Nasu actually really gets these characters, he is just putting them through the filter of his world. Which is pretty interesting.

It has some really fun ideas. Like, it sees that the Epic of Gilgamesh basically has the prototype of a lot of bible stories in it, took that and said "this dude has an arsenal of weapons that are prototypes of later heroic weapons.

Now I'm playing hollow right now. My main take away so far is is the most evil thing Kotomine has done was not letting us experience what would have been the hottest team of Bazett and Lancer.

Anyway one of these things needs to introduce Cassandra as a Caster because the idea of her accurately predicting everything but never once being believed by her master would be pretty funny. But also just have her win somehow because god I feel sorry for Cassandra.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Welcome, friend. I'm actually a little jealous you were able to go straight to hollow ataraxia because I think at least for myself there was close to a 10 year gap between finishing FSN for the first time and actually getting to read FHA. Well worth the wait though because FHA was a ton of fun and in a lot of ways I think I prefer it to the original, mostly because I think the Fate series shines best when it's more comedic.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wouldn't disagree. I mean there is some eye rolley bits but its a lot of good character stuff, and good character stuff is like the thing I care most about in stories.

Also anything with this much Taiga has to be a masterpiece.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

I just played through f/sn for the first time. I liked it. I tend to be pretty "ehh" on stories that use a lot of folkloric or mythological characters in them, because usually they try to be big mythic stories that end up not feeling anything like actual mythology (I think a lot of this has to do with people thinking the monomyth structure is myth, despite it being bad). But this works for me since its a) its not trying to create a modern story that feels "mythic" or "folkloric" b) you can tell Nasu actually really gets these characters, he is just putting them through the filter of his world. Which is pretty interesting.

It has some really fun ideas. Like, it sees that the Epic of Gilgamesh basically has the prototype of a lot of bible stories in it, took that and said "this dude has an arsenal of weapons that are prototypes of later heroic weapons.

Now I'm playing hollow right now. My main take away so far is is the most evil thing Kotomine has done was not letting us experience what would have been the hottest team of Bazett and Lancer.

Anyway one of these things needs to introduce Cassandra as a Caster because the idea of her accurately predicting everything but never once being believed by her master would be pretty funny. But also just have her win somehow because god I feel sorry for Cassandra.

Come play FGO with us.

The gacha needs more souls to turn.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Alternatively don't because it is insidious and probably going to be the death of me.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I need more time to play Hollow Ataraxia. It's a really good game.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So it turns out that the Ruler who’ll be the last character on the roster will be... Charlemagne as a huge, hulking old man. Well then.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Same difference as Vlad the protector of Wallachia and Vlad the bloody impaler then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

His design is cool but he should be voiced by Wakamoto doing the Charles Vi Britannia voice!!!