Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Correct. Benetton in '95, McLaren in '98 then Brawn in '09.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
McLaren in 2008 should count as technically they were disqualified from the WCC in 2007

E: oh I'm daft never mind

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

McLaren in 2008 should count as technically they were disqualified from the WCC in 2007

E: oh I'm daft never mind

They never won the WCC in 08.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Or 2007, hence being daft

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

1500quidporsche posted:

How does Honda make cars? Genuinely curious how Honda civics don't randomly burst into flames.

Ironically Hondas are THE most reliable cars I know of.

But not their racecars.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Benetton probably would have won the 1994 WCC if they had literally anyone other than Jos Verstappen in the second car.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It’s good that this year I can feel immense schadenfreude towards Honda sucking rather than pure existential dread

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thanks Ants posted:

It’s good that this year I can feel immense schadenfreude towards Honda sucking rather than pure existential dread

:same:

Also schadenfreude towards your avatar.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Ironically Hondas are THE most reliable cars I know of.

But not their racecars.

Any time I've worked on a Honda I've had a pause and go "Why the Christ did they do it like this?" moment when looking at something. Maybe they're super reliable idk but they sure go against the grain for alot of poo poo for no good reason.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I mean there’s existential dread anyway due to being a goon, but it’s not F1 and McLaren related any more.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Honda goes through phases. They made good bikes in the 60s/70s but they started doing asinine poo poo with their designs in the 80s. Two gearboxes, starter clutches that are built into the crank, alternators that require engine removal to replace.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Honda goes through phases. They made good bikes in the 60s/70s but they started doing asinine poo poo with their designs in the 80s. Two gearboxes, starter clutches that are built into the crank, alternators that require engine removal to replace.

Counterclockwise Civics have a engine mount that goes in-between the timing belt. Like loving Christ.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Any time I've worked on a Honda I've had a pause and go "Why the Christ did they do it like this?" moment when looking at something. Maybe they're super reliable idk but they sure go against the grain for alot of poo poo for no good reason.

Myself and various family members have owned a whole buttload of Hondas. My brother and I each had a software problem with our most recent cars. Otherwise they’ve been bulletproof.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That’s a great anti theft device you got on your bikes there Honda...would be a shame if it constantly malfunctioned for absolutly no loving reason, can’t be disabled, and your bike can only be unlocked by a Honda mechanic at a cost of several hundred pounds a time

gently caress Honda.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

That’s a great anti theft device you got on your bikes there Honda...would be a shame if it constantly malfunctioned for absolutly no loving reason, can’t be disabled, and your bike can only be unlocked by a Honda mechanic at a cost of several hundred pounds a time

gently caress Honda.

You can literally steal any 1980s Honda with a slim jim and a dent puller. They're loving laughable easy to steel.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mclaren should have been banned after they stole Scuderia Ferrari relevant information. Their misery is well deserved.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Ferrari should be banned on account of being cheating poo poo binmen

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

iospace posted:

Ferrari is bad, OP

MOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?!???????!?!??!??

wait.

Clearly Ferrari is so good they need the mods to be against them to give some kind of balance to the thread. :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

TrueChaos posted:

MOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?!???????!?!??!??

wait.

Clearly Ferrari is so good they need the mods to be against them to give some kind of balance to the thread. :colbert:

Nah, it’s true - Ferrari suck rear end.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ferrari FTW.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Farts, Toots, Will lose the world championship

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

When did this thread turn into Ferrari is poo poo, no it isn't turdfest, seriously, 90% of this thread is just that, it isn't even what made it the worst thread, is it just a post count contest these days or something?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice meltdown

also

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ban Formula 1.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

djssniper posted:

When did this thread turn into Ferrari is poo poo, no it isn't turdfest, seriously, 90% of this thread is just that, it isn't even what made it the worst thread, is it just a post count contest these days or something?

When there's a race session on we talk about which drivers and teams are frauds as well

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Yeah looking at the top posters I see a trend, certain guys have been there for years, the others just post constant poo poo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Diet Crack posted:

Ban Formula 1.

:discourse:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

djssniper posted:

Combination of general sports fighting over favorites with the fact that Gonzo and a few others were openly pro-Ferrari which made everybody else become increasingly anti-Ferrari just so they could dunk on him.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

djssniper posted:

Yeah looking at the top posters I see a trend, certain guys have been there for years, the others just post constant poo poo

I like to think of myself as a cross-discipline poster in this regard

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Combination of general sports fighting over favorites with the fact that Gonzo and a few others were openly pro-Ferrari which made everybody else become increasingly anti-Ferrari just so they could dunk on him.

Tbf it makes the El Hefe/Wicka years look like an intelligent debate, they actually stuck details in, this is more console wars

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

djssniper posted:

This is literally what the thread wants, and diversity is discouraged lmao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I really like this watch.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

djssniper posted:

Tbf it makes the El Hefe/Wicka years look like an intelligent debate, they actually stuck details in, this is more console wars

I honestly miss that guy so loving much irl. My life is worse without El Hefe posts. This is absolutely sincere.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I really like this watch.

Do you actually?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I honestly miss that guy so loving much irl. My life is worse without El Hefe posts. This is absolutely sincere.

Yep I now, you guys had a few epic battles off track, but it was never 'turn your monitor', 'nice meltdown', 'my team for the win', 'Fraud x driver' etc, which is pretty much what I find here, jeez we had some good sarcy, funny posters that hardly post anymore, and an F1 Renault guy, unless he got whacked after Piquet's crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Do you actually?

I've put about as much thought into it as 90% of the posts in this thread.