Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
think about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chokes McGee posted:

Seriously though, can you imagine his thought processes that moment of the bridge? The slow growing horror that not only is that man 100% serious about the plan but this is what they do all the time right before they gently caress up your most recent plan? This is the opposition and how they roll?

How he stayed sane during all of that, I'll never know. The Legends are the real monsters, when you think about it.

The Legends are the superhero equivalent of drunken boxing. You never know what they're gonna do next.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Seriously though, can you imagine his thought processes that moment of the bridge? The slow growing horror that not only is that man 100% serious about the plan but this is what they do all the time right before they gently caress up your most recent plan? This is the opposition and how they roll?

How he stayed sane during all of that, I'll never know. The Legends are the real monsters, when you think about it.

Bruceski posted:

The Legends are the superhero equivalent of drunken boxing. You never know what they're gonna do next.

This is why I actually don't blame Darhk for turning Grodd loose on Zambesi. In trying to pre-empt them loving everything up, he went rogue and hosed everything up himself. Dude was thinking like a Legend.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

This is why I actually don't blame Darhk for turning Grodd loose on Zambesi. In trying to pre-empt then loving everything up, he went rogue and hosed everything up himself. Dude was thinking like a Legend.

Which is precisely why it's going to somehow end up saving the day. :hai:

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
They might be time idiots, but they're self aware, unlike The Flash.

I just love how they keep on dunking on Barry Allen.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Having a professional dancer/choreographer around probably comes in handy.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Thank you for those gif(t)s

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I like that for some reason, everyone hated Oceans 12 for doing "Doesn't Character look like Actor", but somehow they pull it off here. We expect them to be 'terrible'.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

GigaPeon posted:

I like that for some reason, everyone hated Oceans 12 for doing "Doesn't Character look like Actor", but somehow they pull it off here. We expect them to be 'terrible'.

Oceans 12 was pure drivel though. To this day it's the only time I've ever drifted off at the cinema.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GigaPeon posted:

everyone hated Oceans 12 for doing "Doesn't Character look like Actor"
That was literally the only good thing about that movie.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I want asking young Obama for advice and mindwiping him to become a recurring thing.

Or even better: Barry joins the crew.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Lord Bude posted:

Oceans 12 was pure drivel though. To this day it's the only time I've ever drifted off at the cinema.

I really liked 11 and 13, 12 was abysmal, I hope 8 turns out fun.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GigaPeon posted:

It was such clear actor self indulgence. Only someone with a massive ego would think "hey, why don't we make the world this movie happens in, I, as an actor, also exists".

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Did John Noble flub his line when Ray played back the recording? It sounded like he said "Take me to waverider" instead of "Take me to the waverider."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Wally :allears:
https://i.imgur.com/uwS3GHs.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/Cbe85Uz.mp4

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thank god he found a home where he could be himself.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

Thank god he found a home where he could be himself.

drat, right. He's in his element. Never look back, Wally. Never look back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aleph Null posted:

drat, right. He's in his element. Never look back, Wally. Never look back.

I will never stop saying how glad I am to have been so wrong about him. We saw that glimmer when he mimicked Joe and he's just been such a blast since he escaped from the black hole.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, Nora is super dead because you see her goddamn head come off during the transformation. She doesn't so much turn into Mollus as he exploded out of her.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

muscles like this! posted:

Man, Nora is super dead because you see her goddamn head come off during the transformation. She doesn't so much turn into Mollus as he exploded out of her.

Damien could still save her soul and put it in, I don't know, a Beebo or something. He's filled with newfound Dad Powers and on a Berlanti show that means he's unstoppable.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm hoping next season, with Constantine joining, they find someway to introduce Jason Blood and The Demon. Especially if they keep The Demon's rhyming speech pattern in

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I love how precious his movements are. While I totally ship Wally and Zari, i'd not be opposed to Wally being bisexual too.

And yea, I guess I was right that Norah was only evil because of the Mollus possession, that the girl they took to Jitters is still there.

Oh man Etrigan would be awesome to see.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've gotten no Wally/Zari vibes off the characters and I really think people were just jumping on Zari being happy that she was no longer the new kid and there was someone she could treat like a newbie.

But I've been wrong before, so who knows?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think Keinyan has been playing Wally as Bi since he came back - he goes out of the way to say "the right person" instead of "the right girl" in his reintroduction episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

I think Keinyan has been playing Wally as Bi since he came back - he goes out of the way to say "the right person" instead of "the right girl" in his reintroduction episode.

Could be the LoT writers being more mindful.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Probably both. This show's way more self-aware about queer identities than most, but also Keiynan Lonsdale has been vocal about that topic, personally and professionally. He came out (as bi) not too long ago, and has voiced an interest in playing characters that are, as well.

It's good for representation and whatnot, but mostly I'd love to see this show antagonize rear end in a top hat comic fans. "Wally West is black and bisexual now. Here he is traveling through time and having sex with Paul Revere."

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Xealot posted:

Probably both. This show's way more self-aware about queer identities than most, but also Keiynan Lonsdale has been vocal about that topic, personally and professionally. He came out (as bi) not too long ago, and has voiced an interest in playing characters that are, as well.

It's good for representation and whatnot, but mostly I'd love to see this show antagonize rear end in a top hat comic fans. "Wally West is black and bisexual now. Here he is traveling through time and having sex with Paul Revere."

Your post made me laugh a lot, and it's a really good post.

(but Lonsdale identifies as queer not bi)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
One of the reasons I'd hope they'd explore that aspect of the character is that it seems like Lesbian and Bi women is totally cool (becuase gross dudes can get boners off it so its okay), but dudes being bi or gay? No way.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

twistedmentat posted:

One of the reasons I'd hope they'd explore that aspect of the character is that it seems like Lesbian and Bi women is totally cool (becuase gross dudes can get boners off it so its okay), but dudes being bi or gay? No way.

John Constantine is absolutely going to gently caress at least two men next season if I know this show's tone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zutaten posted:

John Constantine is absolutely going to gently caress at least two men next season if I know this show's tone.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Prepare for a Time Orgy.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Plot twist: one of them is actually Thawne.

E: also GOD YES I hope they play with the clone angle some more next year ala Cavanaugh and his endless stream of Wells. I want to see our Ava get progressively more annoyed at all her wacky clones.

I agree, Jes MacCallan as Thawne would be something to see.

Zutaten posted:

Damien could still save her soul and put it in, I don't know, a Beebo or something.

Not if he watches Black Mirror.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BreakAtmo posted:

I agree, Jes MacCallan as Thawne would be something to see.

Took about about a day, but I was waiting for someone to make that joke :allears:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

I've gotten no Wally/Zari vibes off the characters and I really think people were just jumping on Zari being happy that she was no longer the new kid and there was someone she could treat like a newbie.

But I've been wrong before, so who knows?

I get more of a surrogate brother/sister vibe off them than anything romantic.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm a bit nervous by how big the cast is becoming. I don't want anyone to leave. :(

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm a bit nervous by how big the cast is becoming. I don't want anyone to leave. :(

It really feels like they're planning on having Amaya leave the team. Seeing as we have proof that she does.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

It really feels like they're planning on having Amaya leave the team. Seeing as we have proof that she does.

if that has to happen, I hope at the very least they get rid of Nate at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gluten Freeman posted:

if that has to happen, I hope at the very least they get rid of Nate at the same time

gently caress off. Nate's the guy, and Wally's BFF.